PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Spurs!

timtonymanu
02-09-2010, 02:17 AM
There's too much negativity on here so I figured I start this thread. This isn't a thread to say the dynasty is over blah blah blah. But it's a thread to thank the Spurs for the four championships they given us. There comes a time when teams have to go through their lows and it seems like it's the Spurs' time.

Never have I seen a championship team so humble like the Spurs. They don't act like the 08 Celtics who trash talk after every shot they hit. They just take care of business.

Even though people seem to be hating on Pop nowadays (including myself), you've got to respect what he's done. I remember Horry saying that Pop gets hard on Tim as much as the 12th man and that Pop tells the players to know their teammates like they're your family. And it worked out in the game because the Spurs played together. People are hating on him now, but watch when he leaves this forum will start threads like Bring Pop back when his replacement starts to suck.

It will be a really sad day when Timmy, Tony, and Manu all leave. We may never see a trio like them for a long time. Actually you got to count Bruce too. All four of them will never be replaced. Maybe Hill and Blair can be that but it's too early to tell and honestly I dont expect those two to carry the Spurs to a title run.

If you're a true Spurs fan, you will stick with this team even if they are rebuilding mode. It will be a tough time, but it happens. We're not sure if it is time to rebuild now, but we should prepare. If we win a title next season, well that's great. Anyway I just want to applaud this team. They are the true definition of class. Thanks for the four titles, San Antonio.

:flag:

Ditty
02-09-2010, 02:19 AM
true but when you have the talent to win a championship to add to that 4th championship then its frustrating when you still see teams like LA and Dallas being tops in your conference

mexicanjunior
02-09-2010, 02:20 AM
If you're a true Spurs fan, you will stick with this team even if they are rebuilding mode. It will be a tough time, but it happens. We're not sure if it is time to rebuild now, but we should prepare. If we win a title next season, well that's great. Anyway I just want to applaud this team. They are the true definition of class. Thanks for the four titles, San Antonio.

:flag:

It will be easier to get behind a team with no expectations...it's this team's unreached potential that makes it so tough to watch.

Parker2112
02-09-2010, 02:24 AM
Ride Silver and Black till I die. Thn my son will carry the mantle.

Chomag
02-09-2010, 02:24 AM
hmmm, why is there such negativity here? (sarcasm)

The team is a disappointment. They were supposed to be one of the best teams Spurs have ever had but now look at them. So I'm sorry that as a fan I am disappointed in them. I just know that this team should be better then this and this dynasty should not be going out like this. So pardon me that I'm a bit negative on the Spurs play.

IF you were a NJ fan then maybe it wouldn't be so bad. This is the spurs however, and the expectations are set a bit higher.

Having said this though, I have been a spurs fan since the early 90's and I will continue to be beyond.

timtonymanu
02-09-2010, 02:28 AM
hmmm, why is there such negativity here? (sarcasm)

The team is a disappointment. They were supposed to be one of the best teams Spurs have ever had but now look at them. So I'm sorry that as a fan I am disappointed in them. I just know that this team should be better then this and this dynasty should not be going out like this. So pardon me that I'm a bit negative on the Spurs play.

IF you were a NJ fan then maybe it wouldn't be so bad. This is the spurs however, and the expectations are set a bit higher.

Having said this though, I have been a spurs fan since the early 90's and I will continue to be beyond.

I feel your pain. It's ok to feel negative. But this thread is more of a thank you and to appreciate what the Spurs gave us through the years.

Chomag
02-09-2010, 02:33 AM
I feel your pain. It's ok to feel negative. But this thread is more of a thank you and to appreciate what the Spurs gave us through the years.

I agree, if this is the End, what a hell of a ride it was. Still doesn't make it less painfull to watch it End though.

IF it is the end I'm still hoping for a greater end!

sabar
02-09-2010, 02:34 AM
I never thought we'd pull it off in 1999 and definitely didn't foresee another 3 after that.

Thanks Spurs! Nothing better than cheering your small home team on and then all of a sudden winning it all. Crazy how spoiled we've become compared to how the team looked pre-1999. We expect instant success now. That contending was a foregone conclusion.

Back down to earth we go.

rayray2k8
02-09-2010, 02:40 AM
It's over.

Chieflion
02-09-2010, 02:41 AM
Thank you Spurs. So now, we are screwed.

holcs50
02-09-2010, 02:42 AM
I've seen this thread too many times and of course Im thankful but every time they play shitty or people bag on the spurs we don't need a thank you thread

alchemist
02-09-2010, 02:50 AM
When you set the bar so high, it's hard to go back to being just an average team.

It's hard listening to those vultures who sung the "old timers" song for so long that you can clearly hear the tune now. They finally got their wish, our main guys are old, banged up. Instead of appreciating the consistency they were salty because of the success.