PDA

View Full Version : Does this loss change anything?

Buddy Holly
02-09-2010, 02:27 AM
Is this loss the nail in the coffin? Does this loss drastically change the mindset of Pop and the team? Or do they just keeping going on with their "stone cutter" mantra?

mexicanjunior
02-09-2010, 02:28 AM
If this doesn't force Pop's hand into a trade...nothing will.

sabar
02-09-2010, 02:29 AM
Nope, we have to drop the next game.

timtonymanu
02-09-2010, 02:29 AM
i think we're just gonna ride it out with what we got.

A big trade wont do anything. Adding another player will further hinder the chemistry and Pop has already said the chemistry isn't good this year.

HarlemHeat37
02-09-2010, 02:30 AM
I can't imagine that Pop doesn't hate RJ at this point..

ShoogarBear
It's only February 9th . . . :rolleyes

edgar
A trade will happen pretty soon...or someone gets fired.

Buddy Holly
02-09-2010, 02:33 AM
You would think with Holt opening the wallet just so the Spurs could have a chance at the title would mean he's shouting at management for a trade of some sort because even Ray Charles can see the Spurs now have no shot at a title.

I would think the only reason a trade wouldn't happen is if Pop was assuring Holt and company that this team just needs time.

hommeaetage
02-09-2010, 02:34 AM
"The Lakers were obviously a little shorthanded and played mentally tougher than we did and physically tougher than we did," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "Don't ask me why."

Euhhh, every teams been doing that to us all season Pop!

Chomag
02-09-2010, 02:36 AM
"The Lakers were obviously a little shorthanded and played mentally tougher than we did and physically tougher than we did," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "Don't ask me why."

Euhhh, every teams been doing that to us all season Pop!

LOL Pop said that Lakers were a little short handed? Kobe and Bynem is a little? The Old Man has completely lost touch of reality.

SenorSpur
02-09-2010, 02:38 AM
I'd like to know what Pop and RC have learned from this RJ experiment. They've been so right about most other decisions, I imagine they're probably more shocked than we are that they actually made the biggest FA mistake over the offseason.

Budkin
02-09-2010, 02:39 AM
We're going to lose the next game by 20+ and THAT'S where you'll see the real fireworks start.

hommeaetage
02-09-2010, 02:43 AM
We're going to lose the next game by 20+ and THAT'S where you'll see the real fireworks start.

Call me all you want, but I'm really hoping Billups or (Melo) put 50 on us along with a 25-30+ blowout. Then after the RT, no one shows up at the AT&T Center. That could really start some fireworks

Man In Black
02-09-2010, 02:45 AM
I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. If they win the rest of the trip and go on a 10 game W streak, then what does this board say?

So...

timtonymanu
02-09-2010, 02:46 AM
I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. If they win the rest of the trip and go on a 10 game W streak, then what does this board say?

So...

Well I will be the first to say i was an idiot but honestly i dont expect that to happen. then again it's just my opinion.

Rito3d30
02-09-2010, 02:50 AM
i think we're just gonna ride it out with what we got.

A big trade wont do anything. Adding another player will further hinder the chemistry and Pop has already said the chemistry isn't good this year.

At least they'll have a chance to turn this thing around
instead of ruining the rest of the season:wakeup

02-09-2010, 02:52 AM
pop will just have to go even smaller next game. ginobili at center seems about right.

dastrey
02-09-2010, 02:55 AM

So...

Winning 10 in a row would not change anything. This team has zero chance of beating the Lakers, Nuggets, or Jazz in the playoffs. They would be underdogs to the rest of the playoff teams.

If getting blown out makes the Spurs think of trading for a decent center then bring them on. A combination of Ian, Mason, Bonner, and Finley's expiring contracts should be able to land a decent big.

murpjf88
02-09-2010, 03:12 AM
Is this loss the nail in the coffin? Does this loss drastically change the mindset of Pop and the team? Or do they just keeping going on with their "stone cutter" mantra?

Are you kidding? Did you have to even ask this question? The Spurs are nothing more than a one trick pony. The Spurs learn nothing from game to game. They go out and make the same damn mistakes every single game. It has become painfully obvious that TD and Manu can no longer carry this team, RJ is a complete failure at everything he does., and the team defense is a joke. As of right now, they will have to fight tooth and nail just to make thew playoffs. They have gone from a contender to a pretender in less than three months.