PDA

View Full Version : Please don't jump!!!!!

scottspurs
02-09-2010, 03:17 AM
SpursTalk is turning into Death Row tonight.

I don't understand how everyone is giving up after one game. Yes, the Lakers are the defending champs, and they played without two starters, but this isn't over.

I believe there are several good things that I saw tonight. First thing that comes to mind is how hard McDyess played tonight. He is really starting to turn it around from a hustle stand point.

I also believe Ginobili is improving. He is starting to show signs of life and I believe he will finish the season strong. He has to much pride to throw it in now. And once the playoffs begin (And yes I do believe the spurs will be there) he is going to step up.

Duncan, Ginobili and Parker will step up once we get to the playoffs. Those guys have to much Pride and play to hard to be denied. They have the experience that will guide the team once the postseason begins.

All the Pop hating needs to stop. Not only was he excellent for the past decade plus, but he put those teams together just like he put this team together. Give the man sometime and have some patience before you get pitchforks out. THERE IS NOT A BETTER COACH FOR THIS TEAM. He will find that chemistry before this is said and done. It is taking time, but this is the most new guys he has ever had.

I believe we owe it to the Spurs to not give up on them. We owe it to Tim Duncan. We owe it to Manu Ginobili. We owe it to Tony Parker. We owe it to Pop. We owe it to David Robinson. We owe it to Bruce Bowen. We owe it to Sean Elliott. We owe it to George Gervin. We owe it to Peter Holt. We owe it to San Antonio. Hopefully you get my point.

These guys have given it their all for the San Antonio Spurs even when no one was watching. Yes they get payed millions of dollars to do so, but they have done so much, not only the Spurs, but for the city, the community.

So before you jump off the cliff that is the San Antonio Spurs I hope to remind you that this is a journey and not a sprint. We owe it to the Spurs to Believe. How can we expect those guys to believe if we don't even believe in them. Rally behind these guys because this is our team. This is all we have in San Antonio.

Call me Crazy for still having faith after tonight, but I believe this team is close to turning it around. Have patience and have a little faith because this team has too much talent to become irrelevant. Believe in this team until it really is over. Until that time comes though everyone needs to stay on board. If the day comes when the spurs are defeated I will be the first to congratulate the victors, but until then I will yell GO SPURS GO!

hommeaetage
02-09-2010, 03:19 AM
SpursTalk is turning into Death Row tonight.

I don't understand how everyone is giving up after one game. Yes, the Lakers are the defending champs, and they played without two starters, but this isn't over.

I believe there are several good things that I saw tonight. First thing that comes to mind is how hard McDyess played tonight. He is really starting to turn it around from a hustle stand point.

I also believe Ginobili is improving. He is starting to show signs of life and I believe he will finish the season strong. He has to much pride to throw it in now. And once the playoffs begin (And yes I do believe the spurs will be there) he is going to step up.

Duncan, Ginobili and Parker will step up once we get to playoffs. Those guys have to much Pride and play to hard to be denied. They have the experience that will guide the team once the postseason begins.

All the Pop hating needs to stop. Not only was he excellent for the past decade plus, but he put those teams together just like he put this team together. Give the man sometime and have some patience before you get pitchforks out. THERE IS NOT A BETTER COACH FOR THIS TEAM. He will find that chemistry before this is said and done. It is taking time, but this is the most new guys he has ever had.

I believe we owe it to the Spurs to not give up on them. We owe it to Tim Duncan. We owe it to Manu Ginobili. We owe it to Tony Parker. We owe it to Pop. We owe it to David Robinson. We owe it to Bruce Bowen. We owe it to Sean Elliott. We owe it to George Gervin. We owe it to Peter Holt. We owe it to San Antonio. Hopefully you get my point.

These guys have given it their all for the San Antonio Spurs even when no one was watching. Yes they get payed millions of dollars to do so, but they have done so much, not only the Spurs, but for the city, the community.

So before you jump off the cliff that is the San Antonio Spurs I hope to remind you that this is a journey and not a sprint. We owe it to the Spurs to Believe. How can we expect those guys to believe if we don't even believe in them. Rally behind these guys because this is our team. This is all we have in San Antonio.

Call me Crazy for still having faith after tonight, but I believe this team is close to turning it around. Have patience and have a little faith because this team has too much talent to become irrelevant. Believe in this team until it really is over. Until that time comes though everyone needs to stay on board. If the day comes when the spurs are defeated I will be the first to congratulate the victors, but until then I will yell GO SPURS GO!

I couldn't continue to read after this

timtonymanu
02-09-2010, 03:20 AM
i could be as positive as you are right now, but the 21 losses before the all-star break bother me. Also we got swept by three teams.

holcs50
02-09-2010, 03:21 AM
Too late!!!

Ill never jump the spurs boat-meaning im a spur fan till i die as many are

But Im realistic and i have jumped the boat on them making any title run this year...shit they might not even make the playoffs (maybe good thing)

Sorry dude but if you want to hold onto hope for this season that's cool, but this team has waaaay too many flaws for me to believe they're more than first round fodder.

holcs50
fuck i doubled

neboat
Call me Crazy

You are crazy.... :king

scottspurs
02-09-2010, 03:22 AM
I couldn't continue to read after this

Sorry about the grammar it's late and I am tired of all the negativity around here.

scottspurs
02-09-2010, 03:24 AM
I just believe this team will be hard to beat if they get hot before the playoffs start. There is a lot of talent on this team.

timtonymanu
02-09-2010, 03:25 AM
What is not fixable is RJ's ability to fit in and Pop's coaching.

Pop is married to small ball and he wont admit his mistakes. RJ cant miraculously fit in anymore. Our season is pretty much done because of these two flaws.

UnWantedTheory
02-09-2010, 03:26 AM
oh you silly.

hommeaetage
02-09-2010, 03:26 AM
Sorry about the grammar it's late and I am tired of all the negativity around here.

I could care less about the grammar, but you just mentioned playoffs! You really think this team will make the playoffs at this rate?

Dro210
02-09-2010, 03:29 AM
I'll never throw in the towel until the final game is played, much less jump ship or anything like that... I'm a Spurs fan for eternity....

but I can't sit back and be optimistic and act like everythings ok, because obviously, it's not. We've gotta voice our frustrations about it somewhere. Good for you for being able to stay positive, I guess.

scottspurs
02-09-2010, 03:29 AM
I could care less about the grammar, but you just mentioned playoffs! You really think this team will make the playoffs at this rate?

Yes I do, I am crazy after all.

They can't play this bad forever. Not when we have Tim Duncan.

Blackjack
02-09-2010, 03:32 AM
Sometimes thinning the heard is necessary.

For those inclined, in the words of Van Halen:

Go ahead and jump. :toast

JustinJDW
02-09-2010, 03:47 AM
Good thread.

timvp
02-09-2010, 03:48 AM
How many pints of blood are in the human body?

Duncan2177
02-09-2010, 03:51 AM
I am not worried about the Big 3, I am worried about the stupid line ups that are crazy coach has been playing all year.

:tu

SenorSpur
02-09-2010, 03:54 AM
Too late.

Besides, it's every fan's right to constructively criticize his or her team. Being a fan doesn't mean you simply "stick your head in the ground" and agree with absolutely every decision your team makes or every direction they go. It also doesn't mean that you're not appreciative of whatever success has come along either. No need to turn is a fan card.

Denial is a powerful thing and pretending problems don't exist is just stupid and doesn't make the situation get any better. That's true for both fans, coaches and GMs.

Spewing some cold hard criticism and facing harsh reality is something that all general managers of sports teams should do, but few are able to do it objectively.

duncan228
02-09-2010, 03:58 AM

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-21/pop-sucks.jpg

Blackjack
02-09-2010, 04:00 AM
:lol

baseline bum
02-09-2010, 04:01 AM

I don't know. How many pints of Budweiser Select are in yours after this brutal loss?

raspsa
02-09-2010, 04:23 AM
I ain't no rat.. I'm going down with the ship.
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:PTVwCObVcaXbTM:http://bp3.blogger.com/_4QHxlOyRCIk/Ru8Wm8fDgPI/AAAAAAAAAdg/-bbxs1_C9OM/s400/rat.jpg

HarlemHeat37
02-09-2010, 04:24 AM
I've jumped ship to a ship with lower expectations..it should be easier to watch the games now..

blkroadrunners
02-09-2010, 04:28 AM
I don't know. How many pints of Jack Daniels are in yours after this brutal loss?

Bukefal
02-09-2010, 05:09 AM
I havent seen the game, nor did I know the score, then I opened ST and yup there I saw it; catastrophy has hit forum, again, everybody going crazy :lol

Anyway, it's a f*cked up loss. Something has got to change

ThaiFanofSpurs
02-09-2010, 05:13 AM
I've jumped ship to a ship with lower expectations..it should be easier to watch the games now..

Same here! While I am not giving up or don't want to give up on the Spurs, I have been hoping less and less in their success this year. Like many posters say, I agree that the current problems we have now can be referred to Pop's fault. We saw TP and TD having some emotional reactions with Pop during the games this season, that could tell us that both of them have not been happy with Pop lately.

hsxvvd
02-09-2010, 07:02 AM
it's only February!

easy7
02-09-2010, 07:12 AM
I am not giving up on the Spurs, but do realize that they suck this season so far, and if nothing changes the Spurs are f-ed.

ManuTP9
02-09-2010, 07:23 AM
it's only february!

+1

intothechaos
02-09-2010, 07:35 AM
I'm gonna hang out with the orchestra playing to the last moment but hear this." I am gonna throw Pop off the titanic first"....... This I command!!!

mexicanjunior
02-09-2010, 09:11 AM
it's only February!

:toast