PDA

View Full Version : Contrarian Skip Bayless on the Spurs

Russ
02-09-2010, 10:34 AM
"The Spurs are done," said Rob Parker on ESPN's "First Take" this morning.

"The Spurs are not done," replied old Spurs fan Skip Bayless.

"The Spurs are the flip side of Phil Jackson," continued Skip. "Gregg Popovich is saying, 'I'm gonna experiment, I'm gonna play my starters low minutes and we're waiting until April.' And it may wind up San Antonio and LA in the First Round and we'll see who took the right path here. Because the Spurs came out last night disinterested. I watched the first half and fell asleep cause I couldn't take it any more. Because they play with no passion, no sense of urgency . . ."

"So they're not done? You still like them"

"No, it's like they're a veteran team, they're just saying, we'll take it up in May."

"That's not gonna work."

"Boston's doing the same thing in the East."

"They're old and outplayed and done and they're not gonna have a chance. But I don't see anybody beating the Lakers out West. I just don't see it."

Skip is silent, nodding slightly.

Stringer_Bell
02-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Skip has always looked at us with a lover's eyes, but maybe he's right? CIA POP!

bigfan
02-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Bayless is the biggest tool on tv.

Oh, Gee!!
02-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Skip has to take the counter-point because of the way that program is formatted. This point/counter-point format is a stupid concept really. Sometimes the better discussion about any given sports topic isn't the "either A or B argument," it's the "A is true and let me add A1" dialogue.

that's just a long-winded way of me saying that Skip probably believes the Spurs are done, but he is forced to say they are not because Rob said they were.

BlackSwordsMan
02-09-2010, 12:42 PM
never understood why skip liked the spurs so much wonder if he posts here

CubanSucks
02-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Bayless is the biggest tool on tv.

Jim Rome?