PDA

View Full Version : Rasho, Elson, Gallo, Butler?

Silver&Black Warrior
02-09-2010, 04:58 PM
I have never understood why Elson was traded and sat the bench in 2007. I had always been told that he lacked the defensive instincts to integrate into our schemes, but it never seemed to be so entirely bad.

I think that Rasho wouldn't be a "cure-all" but he would certainly be MILES better than the bigs that we have now. AND he knows the system and has some offensive talent.

If we got them once, it would seem feasible that we could get them again. Right?

I have never been a capologist, but it doesn't seem like it would be IMPOSSIBLE.

Anyway, just a thought.

JiggaWhat99
02-09-2010, 05:03 PM
I actually thought about getting Rasho back last night, after playing NBA2K10. His video game defense was ridiculous. Its wishful thinking but We need someone better and trade away Jefferson.

HarlemHeat37
02-09-2010, 05:26 PM
The only big of our former outcasts that currently looks good is Nazr..good for him..

B-Hath
02-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Hell, what's Will Perdue doing right now?

Silver&Black Warrior
02-09-2010, 05:44 PM
The only big of our former outcasts that currently looks good is Nazr..good for him..

Why is this so?

What would be so bad about bringing ANY kind of size with skills that have been somewhat proven before. If it's anything that is lacking it's simply just flat out size. The Lakers aren't winning because they're sooooo unstoppable, (although they are playing very well) it's because they have size, and most of everyone else does not.

Why specifically, would it be bad to CONSIDER this as an option???

Silver&Black Warrior
02-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Seems like a good idea. A 4/5 that can shoot, rebound and that I'm pretty sure doesn't have a long term deal. He's in the East, so NY doesn't have anything to lose by helping us out. I'm pretty sure any package the Spurs would offer would do as long as the contracts are expiring and doesn't interfere with their free agency plans.

Thanks for your feedback.

Muser
02-09-2010, 06:05 PM
New York would have to be complete dumbasses to let him go.

slick'81
02-09-2010, 06:06 PM
knicks arent trading away there future

Silver&Black Warrior
02-09-2010, 06:07 PM
knicks arent trading away there future

Is not their future the 2010 free agency???

portnoy1
02-09-2010, 06:08 PM
New York would have to be complete dumbasses to let him go.Yeah, yall gotta remember Isaiah Thomas isnt involved with that organization anymore.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Seems like a good idea. A 4/5 that can shoot, rebound and that I'm pretty sure doesn't have a long term deal.

He is under contract (a cheap one I might add) until 2013.

He's in the East, so NY doesn't have anything to lose by helping us out.

Except for a cheap, young starter that they could potentially flank Lebron with.

I'm pretty sure any package the Spurs would offer would do as long as the contracts are expiring and doesn't interfere with their free agency plans.

I'm pretty sure even the Knicks would laugh and hang up the phone on us if we were offering expiring contracts.

Thanks for your feedback.

You're new here. Read and learn for a while before posting garbage like this.

Johnny RIngo
02-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Is not their future the 2010 free agency???

Why the fuck would they move a cheap rookie contract in order to open cap space? 3 million is hardly going to make a difference. You people need to think sometimes.

Silver&Black Warrior
He is under contract (a cheap one I might add) until 2013.

Except for a cheap, young starter that they could potentially flank Lebron with.

I'm pretty sure even the Knicks would laugh and hang up the phone on us if we were offering expiring contracts.

You're new here. Read and learn for a while before posting garbage like this.

I'm not new and I don't need to read and learn like you say. Given the present situation, I don't think there is much that shouldn't be considered. I would much rather be PROACTIVE than just sit around and mope all day. You got something better???

The Truth #6
He's young and already has missed significant time from a back injury. We could get youth and someone who plays like an old man all at the same time. Perfect scenario for Pop.

The Great Fantastic
02-09-2010, 06:15 PM
I scoffed when I first read that Danillo is a 4/5. But with Pop's new mentality, that is not out of the question.

The Great Fantastic
02-09-2010, 06:16 PM
I still scoff at this trade idea. Completely asinine thread.

::SCOFF::

5in10
02-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Lock this thread, its ridiculous. Gallo is the only player on New York's roster that is absolutely untouchable. I mean is that not COMMON knowledge to NBA fans?

Silver&Black Warrior
02-09-2010, 06:20 PM
I still scoff at this trade idea. Completely asinine thread.

One can only "scoff" after they have shown anything to replace what's been said.

Bring something to the to the table or STFU.

5in10
02-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Completely asinine thread.

The Great Fantastic
02-09-2010, 06:25 PM
One can only "scoff" after they have shown anything to replace what's been said.

Bring something to the to the table or STFU.

Here is me bringing something to the table......HOW ABOUT THINKING BEFORE TYPING!

Seriously, did you put any thought into this idea? This is the most half-baked trade thread yet, and that is saying SO much.

Also, you don't understand the definition of scoff.

Silver&Black Warrior
02-09-2010, 06:32 PM
here is me bringing something to the table......how about thinking before typing!

Seriously, did you put any thought into this idea? This is the most half-baked trade thread yet, and that is saying so much.

Also, you don't understand the definition of scoff.

::scoff::

do you have something to contribute?

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-09-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm not new and I don't need to read and learn like you say. Given the present situation, I don't think there is much that shouldn't be considered. I would much rather be PROACTIVE than just sit around and mope all day. You got something better???

<100 posts... you're a rook...

It's clear that the Spurs need to make some moves. Suggesting stupid trades that would require a brain dead GM on the other end of the phone from Pop and R.C. to accommodate isn't being proactive, it's wasting bandwidth.

The Great Fantastic
02-09-2010, 06:42 PM
I am contributing by clowning you.

You look like an asshole.

Look around this site. There are good trade threads with a few realistic trade ideas. Go post there.

I don't have any trade ideas that are REALISTIC that haven't already been mentioned in other threads. THAT'S WHY I HAVEN'T STARTED 2 HORRIBLE THREADS TODAY.

I like the Thomas/Salmons trade myself.

bigdog
02-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Knicks would never give him up.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Manu, Finley, and Bonner for Lebron.

I'm being PROACTIVE!

Silver&Black Warrior
02-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Manu, Finley, and Bonner for Lebron.

I'm being PROACTIVE!

har dee har har

It's no wonder the future of our society looks so bleak.

SpursWench21
02-09-2010, 07:04 PM
he would be sweet, but yes he is a keeper for the knicks.. quickly end this threads life, please.

Silver&Black Warrior
02-09-2010, 07:16 PM
he would be sweet, but yes he is a keeper for the knicks.. quickly end this threads life, please.

Just say this at the very beginning.

Some of us have not had the OPPORTUNITY to be the well-informed, insightful fans that others have been. Some of us have had our lives TURNED UPSIDE DOWN since 2007. It's pretty hard to worry about basketball when you're looking for a paycheck and a future.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Jefferson, Bonner, and Ian for Dwight Howard! [/PROACTIVE]

sabar
02-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Why specifically, would it be bad to CONSIDER this as an option???

U.S. Dollars.

Plus both teams have to agree. No reason for them to trade. Elson is just a subpar Ian, no reason there.

Bigs don't get playtime anyways since 2006.

ploto
02-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Rasho looks good on the rare chance that he gets to play. Even though he does not play much, Colangelo does not want to trade him. His presence is important to the team and Bryan has said how much it was missed last season.

Pero
02-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Rasho looks good on the rare chance that he gets to play. Even though he does not play much, Colangelo does not want to trade him. His presence is important to the team and Bryan has said how much it was missed last season.

Is Rasho happy even though he's not playing?

Fabbs
02-09-2010, 08:19 PM
I have never understood why Elson was traded and sat the bench in 2007. I had always been told that he lacked the defensive instincts to integrate into our schemes, but it never seemed to be so entirely bad.

I think that Rasho wouldn't be a "cure-all" but he would certainly be MILES better than the bigs that we have now. AND he knows the system and has some offensive talent.

If we got them once, it would seem feasible that we could get them again. Right?

I have never been a capologist, but it doesn't seem like it would be IMPOSSIBLE.

Anyway, just a thought.
Ever since he cracked his orbital bone near his eye he has not been the same.

He was fine in 2007, created a good tall ball D when combined with Dunkan.
Probably refused to blow Pop and/or saw the same nudie pictures of Pop-n-Fins that Ian and Ime saw.

Silver&Black Warrior
02-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Ever since he cracked his orbital bone near his eye he has not been the same.

He was fine in 2007, created a good tall ball D when combined with Dunkan.
Probably refused to blow Pop and/or saw the same nudie pictures of Pop-n-Fins that Ian and Ime saw.

:rollin :lol:lmao :p:

AHAHHAAHHAHAHAHA

omg!!!!!!!!!!!! This really brightened my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:downspin:

Your sense of humor is REALLY needed in times like these!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!! :lobt2: :flag:

galvatron3000
02-09-2010, 08:52 PM
we talking about making a run at the top 3 draft picks now, eh?

Dr. Gonzo
02-09-2010, 08:56 PM
I actually thought about getting Rasho back last night, after playing NBA2K10. His video game defense was ridiculous. Its wishful thinking but We need someone better and trade away Jefferson.

Well if he's good in NBA2K10 then I'm sure he will be a good pickup.

Stupid ass.

superfedja
02-09-2010, 09:04 PM
www.hoopshype.com is saying that wizards are searching to deal butler and stevenson in a package deal ... their combined salaries are 14 million dollars as is Jefferson's contract... I wonder if this deal is possible (I don't know all that CBA crap) cuz at this point, they can't be worse than jefferson ... i dont know those 2 players much but here's how hoopshype describes them, I wonder if it's accurate :

Caron Butler: http://hoopshype.com/players/caron_butler.htm

DeShawn Stevenson :http://hoopshype.com/players/deshawn_stevenson.htm

What do you guys think ?

FeZZy
02-09-2010, 09:06 PM
doubt washington does this i would love it though..pipe dream

ffadicted
.... *sigh*

This suggestion transcends stupidity dude

rayray2k8
I think you need u sum stfu juice and the search option.

NuGGeTs-FaN
:lmao

Butler? Not a chance

rayray2k8
:lol @ this trade.

Danny.Zhu
02-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Come on. Why would Wizard want RJ contract?

superfedja
02-09-2010, 09:11 PM
well if you guys think this is a pipe dream maybe we can add something to sweeten the offer or we can offer a different combo

superfedja
02-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Come on. Why would Wizard want RJ contract?

If the Wizards are searching character guys around which they can rebuild their team and their reputation, I say they might be interested cuz Jefferson is known to be a positive presence in the locker room and his contract is expiring next year while butler's is expiring in 3 years

Allanon
02-09-2010, 09:15 PM
well if you guys think this is a pipe dream maybe we can add something to sweeten the offer or we can offer a different combo

It's probably a pipe dream as you say. The reason why the Wizards are dumping Caron is due to the fact they aren't going anywhere in the near future. So they're trying to get under the salary cap and start hoarding draft picks.

Your trade would be possible if not for the fact that RJ has 1 more year on his contract. The Wizards have no interest in paying that $15 million next year when they're trying to rebuild.

So in a sense, your trade doesn't help them in what they are trying to do. A trade to the Rockets for McGrady makes sense for them due to TMac's expiring $20 million and they're trying to shove Stevenson's contract on the Rockets as part of the deal.

Manu's expiring $10 million is worth more to the Wizards and it's my guess that he'll be a part of any dealings with the Wizards.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-09-2010, 09:18 PM
...and a 1st rounder and Splitter might get it done, but it still leaves a big hole up front. Substitute Haywood for Stephenson, and add a small expiring, and there's a slim chance it might get done, although we might lose Haywood after the season since he's an FA, and we'd be giving away a very good young centre in Splitter, which is basically mortgaging the future for now.

Would Butler and Haywood make us relevant again? Hmmmm... have to think about that, but it might.

superfedja
02-09-2010, 09:27 PM
...and a 1st rounder and Splitter might get it done, but it still leaves a big hole up front. Substitute Haywood for Stephenson, and add a small expiring, and there's a slim chance it might get done, although we might lose Haywood after the season since he's an FA, and we'd be giving away a very good young centre in Splitter, which is basically mortgaging the future for now.

Would Butler and Haywood make us relevant again? Hmmmm... have to think about that, but it might.

dude nice reply ... I really like the idea of Butler + Haywood for Jefferson, Mahimni, Splitter and a draft pick (or not)

I think wizards get 2 prospects to replace haywood in the post and a proven veteran who's been to the finals twice, a positive influence and might fit better in their system ... of course we get butler and a real center

I wouldn't mind adding bogans to the mix if it can help sweeten the offer we have too many wingmen anyways

Kool Bob Love
02-09-2010, 09:29 PM
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/69/2iu5xf.gif (http://img20.imageshack.us/i/2iu5xf.gif/)

Mr. Body
02-09-2010, 09:37 PM
You'd have to trade Duncan to get someone to take Jefferson at this point.

Spurologist
02-09-2010, 09:45 PM
:lmao This trade :lmao

slick'81
02-09-2010, 09:47 PM
just beacuse rj is overpaid and has a high salary doesnt mean another team will deal a good player for him not gonna happen