02-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Yeah I know

lol Patriots/Cardinals/Suns fan
lol spygate
lol cheaters
lol David Tyree
lol Bernard Pollard
lol 33-14

I hope everyone found that funny. Back to the topic at hand, Patriots off season. Who/what positions do you want them drafting, what are their biggest needs, what will it take to return to superbowl contention?

I'll provide more commentary later, but I'll start off by saying keeping Vince Wilfork around is extremely important, the D wasn't as bad as people say it was, but it will be if Wilfork leaves. Keeping Bodden isn't as important but he played well this year and I'd like to see him stick around.

bostonguy
02-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Yeah I know

lol Patriots/Cardinals/Suns fan
lol spygate
lol cheaters
lol David Tyree
lol Bernard Pollard
lol 33-14

I hope everyone found that funny. Back to the topic at hand, Patriots off season. Who/what positions do you want them drafting, what are their biggest needs, what will it take to return to superbowl contention?

I'll provide more commentary later, but I'll start off by saying keeping Vince Wilfork around is extremely important, the D wasn't as bad as people say it was, but it will be if Wilfork leaves. Keeping Bodden isn't as important but he played well this year and I'd like to see him stick around.

They really need a solid starting running back and another wideout especially with Welker having that major knee surgery. They also need the old Tom Brady back.

bostonguy
02-09-2010, 05:40 PM
A few more pass rushers shouldn't hurt either.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-09-2010, 05:43 PM
They really need a solid starting running back and another wideout especially with Welker having that major knee surgery. They also need the old Tom Brady back.

IMO the offense has gotten too soft and needs to become more physical. They have no one really capable of getting any yards after contact, and their offensive line seems like it gets worse game by game. They need to cut that Aiken faggot and replace him, rumor is Golden Tate is high on their draft radar and would be a great fit opposite Moss.

kamikazi_player
02-09-2010, 05:44 PM
To be honest they need a secondary, they haven't had a good cornerback ever since asante samuel left.

IronMexican
02-09-2010, 05:44 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/players/bernard_pollard.jpg

IronMexican
02-09-2010, 05:45 PM
To be honest they need a secondary, they haven't had a good cornerback ever since asante samuel left.

Bodden is good, tard.

kamikazi_player
02-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Bodden is good, tard.
What about the opposite side, tard.

leemajors
02-09-2010, 05:46 PM
tomlinson to pats? they like their RBs weathered.

kamikazi_player
02-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Bodden is good, but rely on him being a #1 cornerback? I dunno. #2 corner might be solid

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-09-2010, 05:47 PM

Linebacker is their biggest problem on defense. The secondary is young and will get better. Hopefully Wheatley rebounds next season, he had a promising rookie year and was banged up this entire year.

stretch
02-09-2010, 06:21 PM
lol eli

stretch
02-09-2010, 06:22 PM
patriots are gonna need to make quite a few adjustments if they wanna surpass the colts

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-09-2010, 06:32 PM
patriots are gonna need to make quite a few adjustments if they wanna surpass the colts

They should sign Tracy Porter.

monosylab1k
02-09-2010, 08:49 PM

yeah let's make a list.

1. punt the ball with a 6 point lead.

that's about it.

:tu

eyeh8u
02-09-2010, 08:57 PM
yeah let's make a list.

1. Not be afraid of a QB

2. punt the ball with a 6 point lead.

that's about it.

:tu

fixed

monosylab1k
02-09-2010, 09:00 PM
All of the following is assuming Brady and Belichick return to form next year, because if they have the shit seasons they had this year, the Patriots will be 9-7 at best next season.

If they both go back to being the Brady and Belichick we're used to seeing, then there's 5 other things they need to get done this offseason:

#1 need is a pass rusher. The fact that Tully Banta-Cain was their best rusher is sad, that guy would be a 3rd stringer on any other team. Derrick Burgess is the biggest offseason move failure of the entire Belichick era. Absolutely have to get somebody who can consistently put pressure on the QB.

#2 need is another burner at WR. I like Edelman as a Welker-lite guy, but they need a Moss-lite guy now to put more pressure on the safeties instead of letting them cheat on Randy. Unfortunately Joey Galloway was the 2nd biggest offseason move failure of the Belichick era. Maybe get Stallworth back?

#3 need is someone to step up as a leader on defense. Losing Vrabel, Harrison, Seymour, and Bruschi all at once is the main reason the D was so undisciplined last year. Adalius Thomas (3rd biggest offseason move failure of the Belichick era) was supposed to be that veteran who would be a leader, but instead he decided to be a crybaby little pussy ass emo bitch who can't take criticism from Bill. Can Jerod Mayo step up into that role?

#4 need is a new Right Tackle. Kaczur blows, and I'd rather have Vollmer replace Light at LT because Light blows too. Vollmer is gonna be a badass for the next decade, so move him to LT. Get someone else to replace Kaczur.

#5 need is a new box of tampons for Maroney. No Patriot has ever driven me more crazy (maybe Ellis Hobbs or Reche Caldwell or Terry Glenn). Maroney has so much talent but so much vagina. It sucks.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-09-2010, 09:27 PM
If Miami cuts Joey Porter he'd be an ideal addition depending on the price tag. He wouldn't solve the leadership or pass rush problem by himself but he'd help out in both departments. The pass rush solution wet dream would be Julius Peppers but that's in all likelihood not happening.

Offensively they need to address the tight end position. Ben Watson has just as much of a vagina as Maroney does, I HOPE they don't fall for the bullshit semi-decent contract year he had. IMO, they shouldn't try to get a premier receiving tight end but several bigger tight ends who can block in key situations. Guys like Anthony Fasano and David Thomas.

Who do you want them drafting Monos?

monosylab1k
02-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Who do you want them drafting Monos?

Sergio Kindle if he falls to them.

lefty
02-09-2010, 09:50 PM
- 1 decent RB
- 1 decent CB
- 1 decent WR
- some good offensive linemen who can protect Brady

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Sergio Kindle if he falls to them.

It'd be sick if he fell to them.

san antonio spurs
02-09-2010, 11:10 PM
In order, what I think should be adressed

1. Pass rush
The pats need to draft or trade for players who can rush the passer. It's crazy but I've never seen the pats pass rush that inept. Without blitzing they never got to the QB. It made the secondary and the LBs in coverage look foolish and the whole defense became so predictable.

2. Run Block
They need to practice how to run block the first day of camp and make it a priority. NE has good RBs and it's inexcusable to be average at best in that department. It was mostly due to the lack of running holes (both caused by the schemes, lack of practice and lack of commitment.)

3. Leadership on the defensive end
They can't trade for leadership, we just saw that... now they need Mayo and Merriweather to step in that role because even though they were not born leaders and are still very young, as long as they play hard others will follow their lead

4. Wide receivers
Welker won't be ready and that's a good thing for the pats. Brady relied heavily on him and the offense became predictable and stagnant. They need to know which WR can be counted on early so the pats can get back to spreading the ball. I don't think they necessarily need another vertical threat, just a WR with good hands who can make plays when called upon

5.Playcalling
We just saw the worst season in playcalling for the pats and on both sides of the ball. For a team with a huge playbook, both units were so predictable. I could predict what they were going to run on short yardage, first downs, red zone... on either side of the ball and I'm no NFL guru. It got better defensively at the end of the season, but too little too late.
Belichek needs to get back to the drawing board and has to get involved on the offensive schemes at least the way he is on special teams ones.

Ghazi
02-09-2010, 11:43 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/players/bernard_pollard.jpg

:lol