PDA

View Full Version : Experience and Guts...Not Mutually Inclusive

ec2xs
02-09-2010, 06:40 PM
RJ has been in this league for almost a decade, but I think general consensus is that he plays scared and listlessly. It got me thinking that veterans aren't necessarily all they are cracked up to be, because a veteran can play as scared as a rookie can if he doesn't have the testicular fortitude.

If the Spurs are eyeballing a trade, give me a guy with guts. The Stephen Jackson/Ron Artest/James Posey/Matt Harpring/Jamal Crawford/Carl Landry guy. Someone who will carve his own niche. A guy that won't shy away from the "Spurs" identity and just be balls-to-the-wall, aggressive, and not afraid of mistakes (qualities that have helped Blair fit in though he came in without a role). Anyone fit the bill? Regardless of position?

5in10
02-09-2010, 07:12 PM
I honestly think Tyrus Thomas could be this kind of guy if given the chance.I think if we did end up picking him up he would play like he had something to prove, and who knows maybe that kind of attitude would light a fire under the rest of the teams ass.

SpurCharger
02-09-2010, 07:13 PM
I honestly think Tyrus Thomas could be this kind of guy if given the chance.I think if we did end up picking him up he would play like he had something to prove, and who knows maybe that kind of attitude would light a fire under the rest of the teams ass.
I agree..... I like getting players with something to prove.... They give there all every play, and dont take days off.... We dont need a big name, just a guy like Tyrus Thomas to come in and do the job!

ec2xs
02-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Tyrus Thomas may have a fire, but he also plays like an absolute idiot. That being said, I'd take him.

5in10
02-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Tyrus Thomas may have a fire, but he also plays like an absolute idiot. That being said, I'd take him.

Well if anyone can fix this it's pop and duncan. Although I could also
see pop just benching him.

ec2xs
02-09-2010, 07:25 PM
I feel that Rony Turiaf would be a perfect fit, sans his contract.