PDA

View Full Version : Cuban

stretch
02-09-2010, 10:14 PM
ship terry and howard the FUCK out of dallas

i hereby proclaim josh howards new nickname "captain dumbass"

and terry is just fucking horrible. standing around constantly as dirk gets doubled and doesnt even bother rotating to get an open shot and take pressure off dirk. fucking moron.

baseline bum
02-09-2010, 10:15 PM
How about for Jefferson?

Darthkiller
02-09-2010, 10:15 PM
terry just had a season high last night, just averaging it out i guess.

Ghazi
02-09-2010, 10:18 PM
this teams problems seem beyond J-Ho at this point.

stretch
02-09-2010, 10:25 PM
lack of focus and intensity

monosylab1k
02-09-2010, 10:26 PM
These guys have big ass parties this weekend to get ready for. They're hosting the All-Star Weekend, which Cuban has already made known is more important to him than the season. It's 4:30 on a Friday for the Mavs, they're just mailing it in waiting for the weekend.

mavsfan1000
02-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Everyone is tired from last night. Plus we still don't have Dampier which is the glue for this team when he is healthy. Not saying we are close to winning it but this team isn't an embarrassment when healthy. Btw fuck Carlisle for bench Beaubois again.

ElNono
02-09-2010, 11:06 PM
You guys will turn it around... next time you play the Spurs...

:depressed

birdy219
02-09-2010, 11:12 PM
i hereby proclaim josh howards new nickname "captain dumbass"

I object to this title. It officially belongs to POP :pop: with RJ:cheer a close second thank you very much.

:flag: :bang

j.dizzle
02-09-2010, 11:17 PM

:lol sad but true, if Dallas always played as hard as they do vs SA they would have like 5-6 fewer losses haha

Shank
02-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Dirk's bullshit play and the tuning out of Carlisle are bigger problems right now.

Indazone
02-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Dirk's bullshit play and the tuning out of Carlisle are bigger problems right now.

Haven't the dumbass Mavs done this with every coach who has ever been there?

stretch
02-10-2010, 11:39 AM
according to dallasbasketball.com, mavs are deeply involved in Caron Butler trade talks

mavs>spurs2
02-10-2010, 11:58 AM
according to dallasbasketball.com, mavs are deeply involved in Caron Butler trade talks

So now we can still be shitty but with a new twist?

stretch
02-10-2010, 01:04 PM
So now we can still be shitty but with a new twist?

hey, if the mavs can do something like Howard, Gooden, and Barea for Butler and Haywood, i'd be happy as hell. they would finally have TWO legit centers which will help out the defense A LOT (the mavs are missing Dampier like crazy right now, and Haywood is a similar player to Damp, but better in basically every way)

you will also get someone who likes to drive and slash for scores in Butler, but is also capable of hitting threes, and plays VERY WELL in the clutch. gives us size, strength, and defense for the starting 2 guard as well, someone that can match up fairly well with guys like Kobe and Wade, and actually make them work on the other end.

and the mavs still get to keep Damps contract to try to trade for something next year.

stretch
02-10-2010, 01:05 PM
PG - Kidd, Beaubois
SG - Butler, Terry
SF - Marion, Ross
PF - Nowitzki, Thomas
C - Haywood, Dampier

Obstructed_View
02-10-2010, 01:28 PM
hey, if the mavs can do something like Howard, Gooden, and Barea for Butler and Haywood, i'd be happy as hell. they would finally have TWO legit centers which will help out the defense A LOT (the mavs are missing Dampier like crazy right now, and Haywood is a similar player to Damp, but better in basically every way)

you will also get someone who likes to drive and slash for scores in Butler, but is also capable of hitting threes, and plays VERY WELL in the clutch. gives us size, strength, and defense for the starting 2 guard as well, someone that can match up fairly well with guys like Kobe and Wade, and actually make them work on the other end.

and the mavs still get to keep Damps contract to try to trade for something next year.

Yeah, all the Mavs need is just...one...more...trade. Gives the fans the illusion of moving forward.

Mr.ChugDynasty
02-10-2010, 01:28 PM
That's probably our best case scenario right now. Obviously that team is much better than the bullshit we roll out there half the time. Get Barea off this team and we instantly become better.
Also the disappearance of Tim Thomas as drastically affected this team's depth. Starting a guy like Najera at C is just a joke. I mean I like the guy, but he can't play anymore if he could ever play at all...

mavsfan1000
02-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Great. Now we can be shitty with no new talent to look forward to with Beaubois gone.

mavs>spurs2
02-10-2010, 01:38 PM

This is a VERY poor assessment of Butler. He's not much of a slasher at all, all too often he falls back on the jumpshot, and he's somewhat of a poor jumpshooter at that. He's also "capable" of shooting 26% from 3, which is absolutely horrid. He may be a decent defender, but nothing special or great. To be perfectly honest I'd probably rather have Josh, as much as that sucks to say :wow, and this is coming from someone who has been wanting josh GONE for 2 years.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-10-2010, 01:54 PM
I feel bad for you guys, the way things are going for Dallas Dirk probably bolts this off season. Trading J-Ho for Karen Butler is actually a "lateral move", maybe even worse since you take on a bigger contract. The amount Dallas gets torched by wings like Iggy is reason enough to get him. If Marion at his age was worth the contract he got then Iggy's contract shouldn't be a big deal, he'll only be 30 when his contract runs out and will still be good.

Pretty fuckin stupid how Cubes and Nelson work. They gave Desagna Diop that huge contract (and have to take on Matt Carroll's contract as a result), gave a 30+ YO Marion a lucrative 5 year deal, gave a 35+ YO Kidd a lucrative 3 year deal, and gave the Jet an extension that goes till he's 34, and now say they don't want a 26 YO Iggy's contract or a 24 YO Monta Ellis' contract. Do they only give long term contracts to players who are past their prime?

mavs>spurs2
02-10-2010, 01:58 PM
I feel bad for you guys, the way things are going for Dallas Dirk probably bolts this off season. Trading J-Ho for Karen Butler is actually a "lateral move", maybe even worse since you take on a bigger contract. The amount Dallas gets torched by wings like Iggy is reason enough to get him. If Marion at his age was worth the contract he got then Iggy's contract shouldn't be a big deal, he'll only be 30 when his contract runs out and will still be good.

Pretty fuckin stupid how Cubes and Nelson work. They gave Desagna Diop that huge contract (and have to take on Matt Carroll's contract as a result), gave a 30+ YO Marion a lucrative 5 year deal, gave a 35+ YO Kidd a lucrative 3 year deal, and gave the Jet an extension that goes till he's 34, and now say they don't want a 26 YO Iggy's contract or a 24 YO Monta Ellis' contract. Do they only give long term contracts to players who are past their prime?

this

Ghazi
02-10-2010, 02:13 PM
iggy/dalembert excite me. butler/haywood would sorta excite me.

martin and ellis dont.

Ghazi
02-10-2010, 02:13 PM
I doubt the issue is Iggy's contract, it's if they have to take back Brand.

djohn2oo8
02-10-2010, 02:22 PM

The Houston Rockets are in the discussion stages of a complicated, three-team trade that would send Tracy McGrady(notes) to the New York Knicks, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The centerpieces of the trade would include the Washington Wizards shipping forward Caron Butler(notes) and center Brendan Haywood(notes) to the Rockets. The Knicks would send Al Harrington(notes) to the Wizards. For the Wizards’ part, they would still need another player, as well as a draft pick and cash to make this a workable scenario, sources said.

Other players and contracts would still need to be agreed upon for a deal to come together, but there is a framework to the discussions.

The Rockets have been peddling McGrady’s expiring contract of $23 million since exiling him in late December

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AuOtkInairoIr.NWz8vP.NEtPKB4?slug=ys-mcgradyrockets020910&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

mavs>spurs2
02-10-2010, 02:37 PM
The Houston Rockets are in the discussion stages of a complicated, three-team trade that would send Tracy McGrady(notes) to the New York Knicks, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The centerpieces of the trade would include the Washington Wizards shipping forward Caron Butler(notes) and center Brendan Haywood(notes) to the Rockets. The Knicks would send Al Harrington(notes) to the Wizards. For the Wizards’ part, they would still need another player, as well as a draft pick and cash to make this a workable scenario, sources said.

Other players and contracts would still need to be agreed upon for a deal to come together, but there is a framework to the discussions.

The Rockets have been peddling McGrady’s expiring contract of $23 million since exiling him in late December

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AuOtkInairoIr.NWz8vP.NEtPKB4?slug=ys-mcgradyrockets020910&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Good, get rid of Tmac and prevent the Mavs from shooting themselves in the foot in the process.

Xylus
02-10-2010, 02:40 PM
With Butler and Haywood, what would the Rockets' starting 5 be?

Brooks
Butler
Ariza
Scola
Haywood

?

With Battier, Landry, Budinger, and Hayes off the bench.

stretch
02-10-2010, 02:42 PM
This is a VERY poor assessment of Butler. He's not much of a slasher at all, all too often he falls back on the jumpshot, and he's somewhat of a poor jumpshooter at that. He's also "capable" of shooting 26% from 3, which is absolutely horrid. He may be a decent defender, but nothing special or great. To be perfectly honest I'd probably rather have Josh, as much as that sucks to say :wow, and this is coming from someone who has been wanting josh GONE for 2 years.

perhaps you should do a little more watching and a little less talking, because you sound like a total fucking dumbass to take Howard over Butler at this point.

mavs>spurs2
02-10-2010, 02:47 PM
perhaps you should do a little more watching and a little less talking, because you sound like a total fucking dumbass to take Howard over Butler at this point.

Butler is a JUMPSHOOTER, and I'm the one supposed to be doing the watching? Open your slanted little Korean eyes broseph.

Goran Dragic
02-10-2010, 02:48 PM

Neither one is worth anything close to what they are paid. Since Butler's contract runs beyond this year, Howard is a better option. That trade doesn't make Dallas a contender, all it does is hurt their cap situation.

mavs>spurs2
02-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Whats funny is Josh and Caron both put up similar numbers per 40 minutes, difference being Josh has been HURT all season long. Josh and Caron both suck, if I'm going to have to pick between 2 shitty players, I want the one who's contract is coming off the books after this season.

stretch
02-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Butler is a JUMPSHOOTER, and I'm the one supposed to be doing the watching? Open your slanted little Korean eyes broseph.

the ONLY reason to want Howard is for the expiring contract.

ill take the way butler plays over the way howard plays all day. the dude can drive and slash quite well, and even if he decides to shoot jumpers, its a hell of a lot better than seeing howard shoot turnarounds, fadeaways, and stepbacks.

djohn2oo8
02-10-2010, 02:51 PM
With Butler and Haywood, what would the Rockets' starting 5 be?

Brooks
Butler
Ariza
Scola
Haywood

?

With Battier, Landry, Budinger, and Hayes off the bench.

And Lowry as well

Goran Dragic
02-10-2010, 02:57 PM
the dude can drive and slash quite well

Yet only shoots 42.2% from the field. You're not trading for 2007 or 2008 Butler, you're trading for a guy who's out of shape and chucks jumpers too much now.

mavs>spurs2
02-10-2010, 02:57 PM

ill take the way butler plays over the way howard plays all day. the dude can drive and slash quite well, and even if he decides to shoot jumpers, its a hell of a lot better than seeing howard shoot turnarounds, fadeaways, and stepbacks.

Howard's contract > Butler's 42%, 26% from three chucking play. If we don't make a trade that helps us contend, then we just need to go ahead and rebuild. Dampiers, Goodens, and Josh's 30 mil off the books, and keeping Beaubois is a good start.

badfish22
02-10-2010, 03:18 PM
If we get Butler we better get Haywood as well, and there better have been no way Iggy was available (w/o taking Brand)

rayray2k8
02-10-2010, 03:30 PM
lol mav-

Nah. I won't stoop to the mav fans level. It might be over for the spurs, but it looks like the mavs are coming with them
Well at least both teams have had success in the past.

Oh wait, I mistakenly took Dallas as Houston. My bad. :D

Goran Dragic
02-10-2010, 03:35 PM
lol mav-

Nah. I won't stoop to the mav fans level. It might be over for the spurs, but it looks like the mavs are coming with them
Well at least both teams have had success in the past.

Oh wait, I mistakenly took Dallas as Houston. My bad. :D

4 rings, faggot.

stretch
02-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Howard's contract > Butler's 42%, 26% from three chucking play. If we don't make a trade that helps us contend, then we just need to go ahead and rebuild. Dampiers, Goodens, and Josh's 30 mil off the books, and keeping Beaubois is a good start.

you act as if he will keep shooting that poorly, as if being on a team thats actually good, wont help at all. typcially, players that are tired and disgruntled from constantly being on a garbage team, when they go to a good team, play at a much higher level. see pau gasol 2 years ago.

me personally, i think if they can trade howard, barea, and gooden for butler and heyward, they can most definitely contend. if it doesnt work, then you got two nice expiring contracts in damp and heyward to use to try to start rebuilding.

rayray2k8
02-10-2010, 03:50 PM
4 rings, faggot.

It was actually 6 if you had paid attention. The other 2 were at the expense of the spurs in the mid 90's. :lol

stretch
02-10-2010, 04:20 PM

just saw a report from a source saying that this trade "doesnt have legs right now"

sribb43
02-10-2010, 05:52 PM

great we dont play you guys again til the last game of the season....

mavsfan1000
02-10-2010, 07:36 PM

Great post. Stupid front office. :bang

Rogue
02-11-2010, 12:54 AM

which means the same exorbitant money to be paid for his "legit performances" as Mavs starting center. Honestly Damp has been playing fine this season and I do appreciate it, which however only gains me more anger at him considering how many championships the Mavs would have achieved for the past several years had Dampier played with half effort/attitude he currently shows. Dude is playing for nothing but getting his final year protected and feigning the expression that he's worth decent money, which would probably get another fool to offer him another lucrative contract after his term expires in Dallas.

In this sense, Dampier's contract is better to get shipped RIGHT NOW than any time exceeding the point when Donnie is to make a tough decision on whether to execute the team option or free this wanker to 2010 FA market.

Despite how decent Dampier players, his market value wouldn't be any bigger than an expiring contract and an expiring contract this season is guaranteed to be more valuable than an expiring contract with same size and details yet expiring next year, given the pressures of the luscious 2010 free agents.

Rogue
02-11-2010, 01:09 AM

agreed, hence it doesn't make any sense to take Butler's contract for any reason. I know many teams are seeking contracts that expire come summer for financial reliefs and Caron Butler doesn't even make a chance to be comparable to what those teams would probably offer. what's lame is Donnie started his action too fucking late to get the best deal and consequently he's now only having a handful of offers to choose from.

clambake
02-11-2010, 01:13 AM
they'll never excel as long as cuban wants to be their buddy.

Rogue
02-11-2010, 01:53 AM
you act as if he will keep shooting that poorly, as if being on a team thats actually good, wont help at all. typcially, players that are tired and disgruntled from constantly being on a garbage team, when they go to a good team, play at a much higher level. see pau gasol 2 years ago.

me personally, i think if they can trade howard, barea, and gooden for butler and heyward, they can most definitely contend. if it doesnt work, then you got two nice expiring contracts in damp and heyward to use to try to start rebuilding.
It only rarely happens when a player from shitty team turns gold after swapping to contenders. Mavs happened to get such a player back in Don's era from the trade of JET, but I doubt luck will always stand on Mavs side and you're easy to find it by checking Carter and RDJ.

If Caron's style of play truly would benefit Mavs alot, I would rather trade the same stocks for some other players the same style who could be had for less costs, like RDJ.

badfish22
02-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Washington just offered (http://twitter.com/ThatSportsGirl) Butler+Stevenson for Josh Howard, but the Mavs declined. Hopefully they are trying to get Haywood in this deal. Or, better yet, Donnie thinks he can actually pull out his first good deal w/o his daddy and get Iggy to Dallas.

sribb43
02-11-2010, 09:30 PM
even if the mavs get butler or iggy they still are light years behind LA and they arent even better than Denver...3rd best in the west lets get done Donnie

Rogue
02-11-2010, 09:41 PM
even if the mavs get butler or iggy they still are light years behind LA and they arent even better than Denver...3rd best in the west lets get done Donnie
anyway the Mavs already are the 3rd, or at worst the 4th best team currently in West. lateral moves...

I agree that Butler isn't someone who would bring significant upgrades and he isn't worth our trying IMHO, but Iggy should be quite a nice signing for Mavs if Donnie could wrap him up without losing any prominent talent the Mavs currently have. at least such a move would escalate the Mavs to the 2nd place in western conference even if it still isn't enough to challenge the lakers.