PDA

View Full Version : Spurs ONLY shot at competing....

coachmac87
02-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Obviously our rotation has to change. Something has to be done, treat the All-Star break like a totally new season, I mean its almost time to get desperate. But here is something I would be doing if I was in charge.

Starting Lineup

PG- Tony Parker
SG- George Hill
SF-Richard Jefferson
PF- Tim Duncan
C- Theo Ratliff

Rotation

Manu
Blair
McDyess
Mason
Bonner

Its that simple.

I think we need to give Theo another shot and see whats left in the tank...hell it may be empty but lets do it till the wheels fall off. We have nothing to lose. He gives us another big not named Duncan who can defend, rebound and block shots. Ya he cant do much on the offensive end, but since when has our big starting next to Timmy ever been an offensive machine???? Just play D grab boards and block shots..Thats it.

We dont have anybody who can defend on the wings and nobody who can defend the basket, which means your opponent will get easy looks at will. Might as well make it tougher to finish at the rim.

But knowing POP this WONT happen, but hey you never know. Let me know what yall think.

Sigz
02-09-2010, 10:57 PM
No way we win with two fucking 6'2" guards STARTING in the lineup.

Damn morons.

ChumpDumper
02-09-2010, 10:58 PM
So we have no shot at competing.

coachmac87
02-09-2010, 11:02 PM
No way we win with two fucking 6'2" guards STARTING in the lineup.

Damn morons.

Its either him or Mason. But hey I didnt put the roster toghether..Just doing the best of whats giving to you.

coachmac87
02-09-2010, 11:03 PM

Ya pretty much....but fuck it. We have nothing to lose and this is our best rotation we've got. Unless you can think of a better one.

coachmac87
02-09-2010, 11:13 PM
OK fuck you for closing my thread...Didnt know there was 25 threads supporting Jefferson. Cause uh I dont think there is one. You have a ton of "Jefferson" threads but none showing support. U just started a fuckin war.

Sean Cagney
02-09-2010, 11:53 PM
Obviously our rotation has to change. Something has to be done, treat the All-Star break like a totally new season, I mean its almost time to get desperate. But here is something I would be doing if I was in charge.

Starting Lineup

PG- JESUS
SG- MOSES
SF-GOD
PF- Tim Duncan
C- Wilt Chamberlains higher spirit

Rotation

Manu
Noah (Not the Bulls one either)
Robinson in his prime from a time warp
Sean Elliott before his kindey problems
Robert Horry of 01

Its that simple.

Yep thats about right there, thats what we need to compete with this team.:depressed

Amuseddaysleeper
02-09-2010, 11:54 PM

:lol

SouthTexasRancher
02-10-2010, 12:56 AM

Starting Lineup

PG- Tony Parker
SG- George Hill
SF-Richard Jefferson
PF- Tim Duncan
C- Theo Ratliff

Rotation

Manu
Blair
McDyess
Mason
Bonner

Its that simple.

I think we need to give Theo another shot and see whats left in the tank...hell it may be empty but lets do it till the wheels fall off. We have nothing to lose. He gives us another big not named Duncan who can defend, rebound and block shots. Ya he cant do much on the offensive end, but since when has our big starting next to Timmy ever been an offensive machine???? Just play D grab boards and block shots..Thats it.

We dont have anybody who can defend on the wings and nobody who can defend the basket, which means your opponent will get easy looks at will. Might as well make it tougher to finish at the rim.

But knowing POP this WONT happen, but hey you never know. Let me know what yall think.

LOL, sure, sure, sure!

Kori Ellis
02-10-2010, 01:18 AM
OK fuck you for closing my thread...Didnt know there was 25 threads supporting Jefferson. Cause uh I dont think there is one. You have a ton of "Jefferson" threads but none showing support. U just started a fuckin war.

Really? You are that riled up about your thread being closed on a message board? Get some help.

TDomination
02-10-2010, 01:37 AM
IMO, Starting Line-up for the rest of the year should be...

Tony Parker
Roger Mason
Keith Bogans
Tim Duncan
Antonio McDyess

This line up allows Tim Duncan to do what he has done for 12 years, Tony Parker to do what he does. Main option will be Parker/Duncan. Duncan gets doubled, entry passes from Mason or Bogans.

Mason is a good shooter, he can have shots this way and doesn't need to be a point guard which screwed him over last year.

Bogans can focus on shooting well from the corner which he has proven that he can make. Yes, i know trying to make him Bowen but this is the offense that Duncan and Parker are used to and we need to keep it that way.

McDyess can spread the middle of the floor with his range. This can allow Parker to penetrate. If opponent clogs the paint, it means McDyess is probably open, parker dishes to him and he nails the jumper.

Defensively - I have seen spurts from Bogans that shows that he can be a GOOD defender. He doesn't need to be great, but just good. I truly believe that if he knows that no matter what, this is the lineup to finish the year, he will begin to feel more comfortable playing defense with Duncan. Many will disagree but its just my opinion. Mason will try to do what he did last year on defense. Parker and Duncan should know what to do. McDyess has been getting better.

Rotation should be 9 players:
Parker/GHill
Mason/Manu
Bogans/Jefferson
Duncan/Blair/McDyess
McDyess/Duncan/Blair

With Duncan, McDyess and Blair, 2 of them must be on the court at all times. Either Duncan/Blair, Duncan/McDyess or Blair/McDyess.

I don't think that Jefferson can be successful while Parker, Manu, and Duncan are on the floor. Jefferson should be on the 2nd team and I think he would be able to do well against the opponents second team. A line up of

GHill
Manu
Jefferson
Blair
McDyess

This makes Manu and Jefferson the top 2 options on offense. Defensively, its all about rotations and trusting each other which can only come from getting used to each other.

4th Quarter Line up to finish game:
Parker
Manu
Bogans
Duncan
McDyess/Blair
-Bogans will know his role and the more he plays within that role, the better he will get both offensively and defensively.

I know im wasting my time doing this, but more than anything, i just wish there was a SET ROTATION. I just want him to choose 9 players and stick with them for the rest of the year. Live and die by them.

Allanon
02-10-2010, 01:50 AM
You have a ton of "Jefferson" threads but none showing support. U just started a fuckin war.

Hi Richard.

TJastal
02-10-2010, 04:56 AM
Hi Richard.

What, your not calling him 'dick' anymore? You're getting soft, Allanon....

holcs50
02-10-2010, 09:31 AM
OP, simply put, your a fucking idiot. Hate to hate on fellow spurs fans but you are fucking dumb...read what you posted, look in the mirror and laugh. good day sir

Allanon
02-10-2010, 11:10 AM
What, your not calling him 'dick' anymore? You're getting soft, Allanon....

What, you didn't say limp?

I'm trying not too call him Dick...don't want anybody to get butthurt like the last time :lol

E-RockWill
02-10-2010, 01:36 PM
OP, simply put, your a fucking idiot. Hate to hate on fellow spurs fans but you are fucking dumb...read what you posted, look in the mirror and laugh. good day sir

You really need to get over yourself.

lefty
02-10-2010, 01:43 PM
:lmao

mookie2001
02-10-2010, 02:44 PM
The only hope, is this lineup

Right here

lefty
02-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Pop walked in the Spurs locker room

"We are not going to make any trade before the deadline; the savior is in this room "

Then everybody laughed