PDA

View Full Version : Delfino gets some harsh advice from his countrymen...

FearDaFro
04-29-2005, 04:55 PM
ARG - Delfino mends fences with Pistons

BUENOS AIRES (NBA) - Argentina international Carlos Delfino has admitted that he overreacted after being told by coach Larry Brown he wouldn't be part of the Detroit Pistons team for the play-offs.

Delfino, who won a gold medal with Argentina in the Athens Olympics, had accused the Pistons of "using" him and treating him "like trash", but, after receiving several phone calls, he has now adopted a more conciliatory stance.

"Now I'm calmer, I'm going to the practices and I help in whatever way I can," Delfino said.

"I work with my team-mates and I support them. I know that I reacted a bit badly, but it was mainly because they (the team) didn't tell me a thing and I got to know (he wasn't playing) only because of the phone calls I received from Argentina."

"That was the worst part of it. But that's it. I have already turned the page."

The 22-year-old, playing in his his rookie season in the NBA after being a star in Europe, received the advice from his loved ones.

His father, also named Carlo, was one of them: "I told him to stay with the team, to work hard and not to speak to the Detroit press."

His 25-year-old Argentina team-mate Andres Nocioni, also having his rookie season in the NBA but with more success, also spoke to Delfino.

"I spoke to 'Carlitos' and I explained to him that you should close your mouth to play in the NBA. He's young and he should be careful of his words because he has a great future," the Chicago Bulls forward said.

Meanwhile, Delfino said he has clarified the situation with his team-mates. "I explained to them what happened and I received their support," he said.

By Sergio Ferraro, PA International, Buenos Aires

FearDaFro
04-29-2005, 04:59 PM
I hope Nocioni threatened to beat his ass for embarrasing himself. Maybe Delfino's brain will rise to the level of his talent.

TMTTRIO
04-29-2005, 05:13 PM
I wonder if Manu talked to him too.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-30-2005, 12:05 AM
I wonder if Manu talked to him too.

I think the bigger question is if Manu used his digital phone service from Time Warner to call Carlos.