PDA

View Full Version : Jefferson conundrum

xellos88330
02-09-2010, 11:54 PM
I was just looking at basketball reference and was wondering if it would be a sane idea to allow RJ 14+ shots during a game.

I noticed that when he shoots 14+ shots the Spurs are 6-1.

If he shoots 13 or less the Spurs are 22-20.

If anything, maybe he will be able to shoot himself out of his offensive slump.

Discuss

xellos88330
02-10-2010, 12:02 AM
hmmm... no thoughts on this?

pad300
02-10-2010, 12:03 AM
Correlation is not Causation...

SouthTexasRancher
02-10-2010, 12:07 AM
There is already a thread about RJ that everyone is posting on: :sleep

Wojnarowski: Spurs’ patience with Jefferson running low

ElNono
02-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Jefferson thread!!!

ec2xs
02-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Correlation is not Causation...

This.

Many of his games with a multitude of shots came early in the year against lesser competition when the Spurs had a boatload of injuries.

picc84
02-10-2010, 12:23 AM
Bring him off the bench so he's not reduced to spot up shooting.

jjktkk
02-10-2010, 12:26 AM
I was just looking at basketball reference and was wondering if it would be a sane idea to allow RJ 14+ shots during a game.

Discuss

Very interesting stat. Thanks for posting. Highly doubt that Jefferson would ever get that many looks on a consistant basis.

Blackjack
02-10-2010, 12:31 AM
No conundrum just ...
http://attheridge.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/square-peg-round-hole.jpg

Mr Bones
02-10-2010, 12:35 AM
Your suggestion isn't going over well because people right now are angry, but you are right. He has to be dealt with-- no one's going to take his contract this year in a deal, so the Spurs have to figure something out. Barring a trade that brings in other players, I say start Ginobili at SF and bring RJ off the bench to make him more of the offensive focus of the second unit. Like it or not he needs more shots to be effective, and he can still be valuable drawing fouls on the other teams' bigs. Second, do not make him play power forward. It's not his position and he's not good at it. If he's going to play out of position on occasion, it should be as a large 2, not a small 4. What the Laker game proved is that the Spurs need size. They were completely dominated by the length and interior presence of a team that was playing without their young 7 ft center! Play Theo and Ian 5-6 minutes each-- that's the same amount of floor time that Sean Marks gets. It can't possibly make the D worse and can possibly make it slightly better.Don't make Blair play with Bonner... that's just asking for trouble. An undersized guy with lots of energy should only be paired with another big that has a defensive presence inside. Small adjustments, I know, but that's what I think could help. Also, maybe Pop should stop screaming. That doesn't seem to be accomplishing much.

itzsoweezee
02-10-2010, 12:51 AM
i definitely think he needs a bigger role. it's ridiculous to think a guy that's always been the 1st or 2nd option will adjust well to being the 4th option.

Manu-of-steel
02-10-2010, 01:17 AM
Maybe RJ can be effective off the bench, as the focus of our offense. But it's really tough having ateammate like him-he's 6 ft 7in but is not rebounding well for his size. You give him a good pass, he can't nail it. You see him struggle guarding his man. Add all of this, and he's sucking the wind off the spurs..

hsxvvd
02-10-2010, 04:21 AM

If anything, maybe he will be able to shoot himself.

Discuss

Fixed.

da_suns_fan
02-10-2010, 03:00 PM

Discuss

He'd probably play better in a unit that featured him and Ginobili running the show instead of trying to find places to score when the Spurs are running the pick n roll for Duncan and Parker. Ginobili is more of the drive and pitch type player that he would work well with.

scottspurs
02-10-2010, 03:05 PM

Discuss

So the Spurs win when Jefferson has a good game? Interesting, he is not going to take more than 14 shots if he is having a bad night. That being said I don't think Jefferson is the only one who needs to step his game up.