PDA

View Full Version : Indianapolis

Xylus
02-10-2010, 12:31 AM
I'm planning on going there in April and staying for a few months. I've never been there before.

Anyone ever spent time in Indianapolis? Is there anything to do there? How's the nightlife? Any good restaurants? Does this place suck as much as I think it's going to?

Blake
02-10-2010, 01:16 AM
while youre there, see if you can locate J.T.

he's been missing since the colts lost the SB.

phxspurfan
02-10-2010, 01:33 AM
I did an internship up there a few years ago -- it was a beautiful state.

Check out Circle Center Mall in downtown and Broadripple in northern Indy. Also try and get seats at the Indy 500 in the infield if u want to get wasted.

ynh
02-11-2010, 05:46 AM
I live in Indianapolis. It's actually pretty nice. Broadripple as mentioned is great. But make sure you take a cab.. lot of cops there to run checks.

Down town I'd hit the slippery noodle if you are looking for jazz. Ugly monkey is a great club/bar down time. Lots of concerts going on when you come down. Definitly check out the track the night before the 500, it's a huge ass party. Also before the Brickyard.

Stay away from the east and west side both of those are a dump. South side is nice. North side is rich area. Carmel is a really nice area.. that's where I live off of Allisonville road.

Honestly though Indy is a great place.. minus the snow.

The Reckoning
02-11-2010, 05:51 AM
see if you can run down my lost uncle i havent talked to in 10 years

NFO
02-11-2010, 08:05 AM
St. Elmos steakhouse is a must if you go.

Make sure to get the shrimp coctail. Best cocktail sauce ever.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
02-11-2010, 11:15 AM
St. Elmos steakhouse is a must if you go.

Make sure to get the shrimp coctail. Best cocktail sauce ever.

I'll second that.

Be prepared, though. It's an eye opener.

RGMCSE
02-11-2010, 11:35 AM
St. Elmos is the Best steak I've ever had. Plus the Shrimp cocktail is no joke. The cocktail sauce will clear any sinuses up. Slippery noodle as mentioned before is awesome. I think it's the oldest bar in town or something like that. Very chill and good music and vibes. Circle mall is very cool. Basically Downtown has a lot to offer as far as restaurants and bars. Don't know much about the nightlife club scene though.

Rob

atxrocker
02-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Make sure to catch SXSW before leaving Austin, it's always sure to be a good time.

Xylus
02-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Make sure to catch SXSW before leaving Austin, it's always sure to be a good time.

I actually left Austin a few months ago, unfortunately, and I'm back home in Arizona. The girlfriend and I are already planning on going back to Austin in a few years, and maybe living there permanently whenever we decide to start a family.

phxspurfan
02-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Take storms there seriously...I drove down to IU Bloomington to see a friend and ended up driving back up through a storm with a tornado in it.

Goliadnative
02-11-2010, 04:36 PM
iJVqJdKhh1A