PDA

View Full Version : McDonald: Spurs Notebook: Nude Hill pictures published online

duncan228
02-10-2010, 01:32 AM
Nude Hill pictures published online (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/Nude_Hill_pictures_published_online.html)
Jeff McDonald

LOS ANGELES — Spurs guard George Hill has issued an apology for a set of nude and sexually explicit photographs of him that have surfaced on the Internet.

The photos, taken sometime last year, recently appeared on the Web site thedirty.com.

“A year ago, I made a mistake and take full responsibility for my actions,” Hill, 23, said in a statement through the Spurs on Tuesday. “I have matured and learned from this episode. I would like to apologize to my girlfriend, my family, all of our great fans and the Spurs organization.”

Meanwhile, the Spurs have dispatched lawyers in attempts to have Hill's photos removed from the site.

Citing trademark infringement and claiming the photos were “disseminated illegally and without permission,” the firm Bracewell & Giuliani — which represents the Spurs — has sent a cease-and-desist letter to thedirty.com.

The legal missive, first obtained by the celebrity gossip site TMZ.com, demands that thedirty.com “immediately and permanently remove the photographs and all references to the Spurs.”

So far, the Web site has denied the team's request. In his reply, David Gringas, the attorney representing thedirty.com and its founder, Nik Richie, called the Spurs' claims, “totally without merit.”

“Trademark law does not apply to criticism of celebrities making fools of themselves,” Gringas wrote.

Hill is the second NBA player in recent weeks to apologize for naked photos. Portland's Greg Oden issued a similar mea culpa when pictures of him emerged two weeks ago.

The bright side? The Spurs' season, uneven and disappointing to date, has not left them too far in the dust of the Western Conference race.

At 29-21, the Spurs began Tuesday tied with Oklahoma City for sixth, but remained just 21/2 games behind Dallas and Utah, which were tied for third.

“The only silver lining, if there is such a thing, is the whole league is pretty poor,” coach Gregg Popovich said. “Within a couple games, you're 11 or you're second. A lot of teams are going through this for some strange reason.”

Second-half McDyess: Spurs center Antonio McDyess is beginning to make good on his reputation as a second-half player.

In nine games since the season hit its official halfway point, McDyess is averaging 9.3 points and 7.2 rebounds while shooting 55.5 percent. He had just four points in Monday's loss to the Lakers but did grab 12 rebounds, two off his season high.

“It's not to say I'm not going to have bad games, but I'm going to try my damnedest not to,” McDyess said. “I feel a lot more comfortable. I'm not thinking as much. I'm just playing now.”

ElNono
02-10-2010, 01:34 AM
LOS ANGELES — Spurs guard George Hill has issued an apology for a set of nude and sexually explicit photographs of him that have surfaced on the Internet.

The photos, taken sometime last year, recently appeared on the Web site thedirty.com.

“A year ago, I made a mistake and take full responsibility for my actions,” Hill, 23, said in a statement through the Spurs on Tuesday. “I have matured and learned from this episode. I would like to apologize to my girlfriend, my family, all of our great fans and the Spurs organization.”

Ah well, I was wrong then. :lol

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2010, 01:36 AM
Hill is so generous..that girl probably made a good amount of $ off him hitting on her..

DesignatedT
02-10-2010, 01:39 AM
Second-half McDyess: Spurs center Antonio McDyess is beginning to make good on his reputation as a second-half player.

In nine games since the season hit its official halfway point, McDyess is averaging 9.3 points and 7.2 rebounds while shooting 55.5 percent. He had just four points in Monday's loss to the Lakers but did grab 12 rebounds, two off his season high.

“It's not to say I'm not going to have bad games, but I'm going to try my damnedest not to,” McDyess said. “I feel a lot more comfortable. I'm not thinking as much. I'm just playing now.”

This is the biggest part right here.

Dyess getting comfortable and its showing, hes playing well

now if we can get RJ to feel comfortable.

ElNono
02-10-2010, 01:42 AM
Dyess getting comfortable and its showing, hes playing well

Meh, does it matter if he's not even finishing games?

DesignatedT
02-10-2010, 01:48 AM
Meh, does it matter if he's not even finishing games?

yes it still matters....

Flux451
02-10-2010, 02:18 AM
He should be finishing games, right next to Manu, Hill, TP and TD. THis is the kind of small ball we need

Sean Cagney
02-10-2010, 02:40 AM
Wasn't this already up last year? So why not is it a concern this year because someone did not take then down yet? I mean that was last year right? Why are some acting as if they never heard it before now?

G-Nob
02-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Haven't seen the pics so the question must be asked: Hung or no?

holcs50
02-10-2010, 09:06 AM
we all know this by now, who the fuck cares. The guy has been one of the only bright spots on a shit team this whole year. Ghill and Timmy D are carrying. With a FAT backpack

Kori Ellis
02-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Wasn't this already up last year? So why not is it a concern this year because someone did not take then down yet? I mean that was last year right? Why are some acting as if they never heard it before now?

I guess the concern is that last year, they were removed quickly. Now this site put them up and they are pretty much taunting the Spurs about it. The letter that the website's attorney sent back to the Spurs' attorneys is obnoxious. The Spurs like to keep their "good" image and nude photos, sexting, etc is not really part of that. I'm not sure what the Spurs will do next, but I'm sure some people aren't pleased with GH right now.

Kermit
02-10-2010, 09:22 AM
I guess the concern is that last year, they were removed quickly. Now this site put them up and they are pretty much taunting the Spurs about it. The letter that the website's attorney sent back to the Spurs' attorneys is obnoxious. The Spurs like to keep their "good" image and nude photos, sexting, etc is not really part of that. I'm not sure what the Spurs will do next, but I'm sure some people aren't pleased with GH right now.

I don't understand the concern over it now. They should be more concerned with the shit product on the floor. Now they've completely Streisanded this thing into the blogosphere. All this over a dick.

Kori Ellis
02-10-2010, 09:27 AM
I don't understand the concern over it now. They should be more concerned with the shit product on the floor. Now they've completely Streisanded this thing into the blogosphere. All this over a dick.

Oh.. I'm sure they are concerned with the product on the floor too. But you know the Spurs don't like this kind of B.S. going on with their players.

Kermit
02-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Oh.. I'm sure they are concerned with the product on the floor too. But you know the Spurs don't like this kind of B.S. going on with their players.

Well, they were not going to be lily-white forever. Hopefully there are no Admiral pics floating around with little dave at full mast.

Bukefal
02-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Well, they were not going to be lily-white forever. Hopefully there are no Admiral pics floating around with little dave at full mast.

:lol

Supergirl
02-10-2010, 09:37 AM
Finally! A Spur with something juicy for the tabloids to report. That's the real advantage to the Spurs getting younger - they younger they are, the more likely they are to do stupid things like sexting.

temujin
02-10-2010, 10:20 AM
This thing happened last year.
That's when Popovich started to bench Hill for good.

ploto
02-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Last year the Spurs threatened the other site, and the pictures came down quickly. It did not even make the local newspaper if I remember correctly. This time, it is the same site as the Greg Oden pictures and they did not back down. That caused it to hit the media and make it a bigger story. I don't recall any story of the Blazers trying the same thing, but I don't know if they tried to force the site to take down the Oden pictures or not. Obviously, they stayed up so I do not know what made the Spurs think they would get them to take these down.

xXx
02-10-2010, 10:25 AM
all i know is that the bruthas got huge hands...

hater
02-10-2010, 10:52 AM
:lmao

I'm surprised the lawyer did not mention the words "taco", "eating", "fat asses" on his letter

JR3
02-10-2010, 11:30 AM

luckly there were no camera phones back then. but if this news came about, i would be crushed...

Allanon
02-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Story has been posted on SI now
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/02/09/spurs.hill.ap/index.html

I guess now that Hill's become a good player, the story is more newsworthy than last year.

tp2021
02-10-2010, 11:54 AM
At least with Greg, whoever saw them said "Damn!"

With George, we learned he cums quickly, and he was 22 at the time, right? Dang, that's a little old to do something like that when you are a professional ball player.

Indazone
02-10-2010, 12:16 PM
once pics are out on the internet they are never coming back