PDA

View Full Version : Heat continue to pursue Stoudemire

duncan228
02-10-2010, 02:08 AM
Heat continue to pursue Stoudemire (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AtxW9plNPym16Y3TbBpWq9q8vLYF?slug=aw-stoudemireheat020910&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
By Adrian Wojnarowski

Miami Heat president Pat Riley has emerged as one of the most determined pursuers of Phoenix Suns forward Amar’e Stoudemire, proposing several different packages that make available any of his players short of Dwyane Wade, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Heat have discussed several scenarios with the Suns, including packages that include combinations of young players (Michael Beasley, Dorell Wright) and expiring contracts (Jermaine O’Neal and Quentin Richardson). The Heat are also willing to part with their 2010 first-round draft pick.

”Nobody is pushing harder on this than Riley,” one league source said.

The Suns are believed to be in discussions with as many as six teams, although more may yet show themselves before the Feb. 18 trade deadline. The Philadelphia 76ers remain involved, but have rejected the Suns’ attempts to attach guard Jason Richardson to a larger package that would include Samuel Dalembert and Andre Iguodala.

League sources say the Sacramento Kings also have discussed a package that would include sending Kevin Martin to the Suns for Stoudemire.

The Suns don’t want to lose Stoudemire for nothing if he opts out of the $17.6 million on the final year of his contract. It’s doubtful whether the Suns and Stoudemire can reach agreement on a contract extension, and the clock is clearly ticking on Suns owner Robert Sarver and GM Steve Kerr.

League sources say the Suns are dubious the Heat can present the best possible package for Stoudemire, and aren’t enamored with any of the combinations. Still, Miami is near, or at, the top of Stoudemire’s preferred destinations and he would assuredly sign an extension to play with Wade there. Several suitors have been frightened away from seriously bidding on Stoudemire, because they don’t want to give up valued assets for a short-term rental. The Suns are taking a gamble should they keep Stoudemire past the trade deadline.

As the Heat struggle, Riley is motivated to get a complementary frontcourt star to persuade Wade to re-sign with Miami this summer. Riley knows Wade is frustrated with the Heat’s struggles. Miami is clinging to the eight playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, and ended a five-game losing streak on Tuesday with a victory over the Houston Rockets.

Riley doesn’t want to wait until the summer to get into the free-agent chase when he could try to sign Stoudemire to a contract.

Xylus
02-10-2010, 02:18 AM
Say no, Kerr! Be strong!

ChrisRichards
02-10-2010, 02:26 AM
Just go to Cleveland. Hickson, 1st rounders and Z's expiring. And oh yeah Cash money. Sarver loves that.

Lebron
Shaq
Amare

This team would walk on the Lakers front line lol.

Chillen
02-10-2010, 02:32 AM
Riley is pressing hard on this because he knows there is a chance that Wade signs elsewhere in the offseason. As for Cleveland acquring Amare, if that happened, yeah, the Lakers would have a problem and so would Boston.

Xylus
02-10-2010, 02:41 AM
Kerr should have learned his lesson the last time he made a major trade with Riley.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-10-2010, 04:34 AM
Giving up Beasley for Stoudemire? Really?

I guess the Heat want to win now, but Beasley is gonna be a beast

02-10-2010, 04:52 AM
Giving up Beasley for Stoudemire? Really?

I guess the Heat want to win now, but Beasley is gonna be a beast
maybe, he hasn't improved at all from last season though. still pretty poor defense and his offense is still the same. i don't think he has the work ethic to live up to his full potential. i don't think he fits in with the heat.

benefactor
02-10-2010, 08:23 AM
The Spurs should get in on it as the third team to get Dorell Wright. :tu

pauls931
02-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Say no, Kerr! Be strong!

If they want to be cheap, just keep Amare and let him walk. However, Kerr and Sarver never fail to amaze me in their ability to try to be cheap, yet waste money at the same time.

Darthkiller
02-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Say no, Kerr! Be strong!

according to his report, it's beasley+JO +filler+ first round pick(hopefully both of their first picks) for amare and filler(Jrich?)

I would take it if I were the Suns.

resistanze
02-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Riley is going back for more pussy.

:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-10-2010, 12:45 PM
If they get Beasley I'm happy. If Amare is gonna be traded, might as well get an all world talent in return.

Xylus
02-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Beasley is a head-case, and he'll never be as good as Amare. Do not want.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Beasley is a head-case, and he'll never be as good as Amare. Do not want.

Neither will anyone involved in the Amare discussions. I wouldn't want this trade either, but the reason I'd be happy with it is because it's a lot better then a bullshit Amare for the Stephen Curry poo poo platter trade.

Darthkiller
02-10-2010, 12:59 PM
the best players the suns can get are Iggy , Beasley or Anthony Randolph. Get anyone of these three the suns should be pretty happy.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-10-2010, 01:20 PM
the best players the suns can get are Iggy , Beasley or Anthony Randolph. Get anyone of these three the suns should be pretty happy.

Instead of Anthony Randolph, get Anthony "Jesus Shuttlesworth Jr." Morrow. Fuck, Don Nelson is a fat idiot why not get both of them? With Randolph, Morrow, and Clark, Kerr will be well on his way to following the Memphis-OKC mold of stockpiling young athletic players and giving us a promising young team to watch. Maybe Goran can teach Anthony Randolph the post move he used on him :lol

White magic and Jesus Shuttlesworth Jr. would instantly become the best starting back court in the NBA and would be for the next decade :hat

http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/goran-dragic.jpg

http://lm5live.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/a_morrow3.jpg

Xylus
02-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Beasley, Jermaine O'Neal, and a 1st round pick. Otherwise, I don't make that trade.

Although, if Amare gets traded to the Heat, that team is making the playoffs... which completely ruins the value of that pick. So, I don't know. I still don't like it.

Xylus
02-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Beasley, Wright, and Q's expiring contract for Amare. I'd consider that. Maybe.

duncan228
02-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Heat Pushing Hard After Amare Stoudemire (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-heatpushinghardafter&prov=tsn&type=lgns)
SportingNews

Yesterday, Sean Deveney listed Amare Stoudemire in our daily "On the Block" feature (http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Baseline/entry/view/55133/on_the_block_amare_stoudemire,_suns). Today, he reported on Dwyane Wade’s unhappiness with the direction of the Heat. Like clockwork, that means that the Heat are seriously going after Amare. Adrian Wojnarowski has more (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AugkBO3kirSrXUcdV7Z.gimzvLYF?slug=aw-stoudemireheat020910&prov=yhoo&type=lgns) at Yahoo!:

Miami Heat president Pat Riley has emerged as one of the most determined pursuers of Phoenix Suns forward Amar’e Stoudemire, proposing several different packages that make available any of his players short of Dwyane Wade, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Heat have discussed several scenarios with the Suns, including packages that include combinations of young players (Michael Beasley, Dorell Wright) and expiring contracts (Jermaine O’Neal and Quentin Richardson). The Heat are also willing to part with their 2010 first-round draft pick.

”Nobody is pushing harder on this than Riley,” one league source said.

Woj goes on to say that the Suns feel they can get a better deal than anything the Heat can offer, but the most important point of this story doesn’t relate to the specifics of these negotiations.

Wade has made it very clear that he’ll only return to Miami this summer if the team proves its serious about winning a championship. That push could hypothetically come from within, but with the Heat not improving on last season’s performance, it now seems obvious that they’ll need to bring in another player.

Riley knows better than anyone that the Heat are nothing without Wade, so he’s going hard after guys now instead of taking a gamble and hoping everything works out over the summer. The situation needs to be dealt with now, not later, or else the competitive future of the franchise is at risk.

If Phoenix is indeed uninterested in the Miami package, the question then becomes how many other players Riley is willing to go after. Will he take a look at Antawn Jamison and Caron Butler in Washington? Andre Iguodala in Philly? Does he make a run at Chris Bosh? Either way, it’s not just about proving the Heat are trying to get better. They have to actually do it—otherwise Wade could very well jump ship in July.

monosylab1k
05-20-2010, 05:16 PM
If they want to be cheap, just keep Amare and let him walk. However, Kerr and Sarver never fail to amaze me in their ability to try to be cheap, yet waste money at the same time.

lame

SPURSCHAMP
05-20-2010, 05:25 PM
lame
about the 10th thread u posted lame?

D-Wade #3
05-20-2010, 05:43 PM
about the 10th thread u posted lame?

It reflects on who he is