PDA

View Full Version : Why the spurs forum sucks

holcs50
02-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Ive been here a few years and its just garbage now.

I mean GGGGeee jussss, i cant even imagine how the real old school ST people are now. But, how many times can you see the same posts posted? Kory, Timvp? Or any of the old school guys? Its the same shit over and over but I guess its all good banter, but come on can't there really be a forum on ST that only people can access after a year of being registered on the site? I know you can do it, I've seen it on other boards.

I mean I want to talk banter with fellow spurs fans but in the same way i dont want to see 5,000 threads of "its only january" "lets have hope" don't jump ship" or how bout last year "fuck bonner" "we need an athletic sf" and blah blah blah. Just a suggestion kor, and prob more of a pm but whatever. Just has made my favorite forum the club just because everytime its the same shit.

Obstructed_View
02-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Joined in September 2008, can't spell Kori's name, and talks about "real old school ST people".

^^Why the Spurs forum sucks to the extent it does.

timvp
02-10-2010, 10:01 AM
If you don't know how to spell Kori's name, that's a good hint you shouldn't claim to be some sort of ST expert. And being here since Sept. of 2008 doesn't count as "years".

Thanks for the concern but either contribute yourself or move along.

Thanks.

FalleNxWiZarDx
if you dont like it just leave man

timvp
Got damn slow typing timvp. That was like a RJ defensive rotation.

I. Hustle
02-10-2010, 10:03 AM
I was lurking since '04 and started posting in '08. I consider myself old school ST. THE HORROR THE HORROR. :lol

rayray2k8
02-10-2010, 10:04 AM
I do not know who this kory you speak of...
Just hush noob.

holcs50
02-10-2010, 10:15 AM
If you don't know how to spell Kori's name, that's a good hint you shouldn't claim to be some sort of ST expert. And being here since Sept. of 2008 doesn't count as "years".

Thanks for the concern but either contribute yourself or move along.

Thanks.

Sorry I put a Y instead of an I, ridic how much ya jump on someone for a mispelling when im not even thinkin about names. Im not or did I ever claim to be some sort of ST expert. All I meant was since ive been coming to this site i know who the regulars are and know they gotta be frustrated. Dont get your panties all in a bunch because i said Kori wrong, my bad, must mean i never check this site, and oh no i said a few years when ive been officially registered for a year and a half. lol. Wow im so far off. Anyways I would like to keep talking shit but its pointless

lurker23
02-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Got damn slow typing timvp. That was like a RJ defensive rotation.

Yeah, but we cut you some slack because on the rest of your basketball posts you're better than 2 for 9.

Muser
02-10-2010, 10:17 AM
:lmao

I. Hustle
02-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Well if spelling Cori's name wrong gets you some lashing out from TinVp and ridicule from the rest of the group here at SR then I don't want any part of it!

timvp
02-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Sorry I put a Y instead of an I, ridic how much ya jump on someone for a mispelling when im not even thinkin about names. Im not or did I ever claim to be some sort of ST expert. All I meant was since ive been coming to this site i know who the regulars are and know they gotta be frustrated. Dont get your panties all in a bunch because i said Kori wrong, my bad, must mean i never check this site, and oh no i said a few years when ive been officially registered for a year and a half. lol. Wow im so far off. Anyways I would like to keep talking shit but its pointless

:violin

Anyways ... if a Spurs fan is frustrated, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's because the Spurs are a colossal disappointing this season. Not because a perceived lack of quality on ST.

I mean I want to talk banter with fellow spurs fans but in the same way i dont want to see 5,000 threads of "its only january" "lets have hope" don't jump ship"

By the way, would you care to link to some of those threads? I don't see more than one or two "cheerful" threads that you apparently despise so much.

tdunk21
02-10-2010, 10:28 AM
seems like someone has a crush on the real old school peeps......

temujin
02-10-2010, 10:30 AM

I mean GGGGeee jussss, i cant even imagine how the real old school ST people are now. But, how many times can you see the same posts posted? Kory, Timvp? Or any of the old school guys? Its the same shit over and over but I guess its all good banter, but come on can't there really be a forum on ST that only people can access after a year of being registered on the site? I know you can do it, I've seen it on other boards.

I mean I want to talk banter with fellow spurs fans but in the same way i dont want to see 5,000 threads of "its only january" "lets have hope" don't jump ship" or how bout last year "fuck bonner" "we need an athletic sf" and blah blah blah. Just a suggestion kor, and prob more of a pm but whatever. Just has made my favorite forum the club just because everytime its the same shit.

Let's make it two years.
September 2008
September 2010.

temujin
02-10-2010, 10:33 AM
I only miss Whott explaining why Jefferson (Bogans, Ratciff, Haislip and Mahinmi) is still better than Scola.

holcs50
02-10-2010, 10:36 AM
:violin

Anyways ... if a Spurs fan is frustrated, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's because the Spurs are a colossal disappointing this season. Not because a perceived lack of quality on ST.

By the way, would you care to link to some of those threads? I don't see more than one or two "cheerful" threads that you apparently despise so much.

Well tvp i understand that. We all are frustrated-if you look at my OP all I really was trying to say is maybe just maybe there should be a spurs forum for people who have been here a little bit (sorry yea im new and thank god i found st eventually) but at least just for the case people who have been on st awhile know what threads get posted over and over.

Im sorry if I'm the only one who notices it, but it was a suggestion-nothing more-nothing less.

And all those you ask for , I'm sorry I dont document every thread I see. I really spend all my time in the club or nfl talk or even trolling but i wouldn't just say that. When I do go to the spurs forum it's the same shit after a loss and even the same shit after a win, if i really have to document threads well sorry but you know damn well there's been tons of threads in the same vein as every one i wrote

rayray2k8
02-10-2010, 10:38 AM
lol kory
lol tvp
lol edit button

ElNono
02-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Is this you?

K6WaImbjvTE

mexicanjunior
02-10-2010, 10:42 AM
When I do go to the spurs forum it's the same shit after a loss and even the same shit after a win, if i really have to document threads well sorry but you know damn well there's been tons of threads in the same vein as every one i wrote

It's the same shit on every thread because the Spurs are playing the same shitty way every game...

ohmwrecker
02-10-2010, 10:49 AM
I, personally, find the pompous, elitist, "real old school peeps" just as annoying, if not more, as the noobs, trolls and pointless thread starters. You are all just so sanctimonious about your precious little Spurstalk. Who gives a shit?

rayray2k8
02-10-2010, 10:52 AM
I, Personally, find the pompous, elitist, "real old school peeps" just as annoying, if not more, as the noobs, trolls and pointless thread starters. You are all just so sanctimonious about your precious little Spurstalk. Who gives a shit?

FromDowntown? Marcus Bryant? Chopper?

holcs50
02-10-2010, 10:59 AM
lol kory
lol tvp
lol edit button

youll see no edit here, and
:rollin
at you LOLing at tvp.....read the thread
:bang

Kori Ellis
02-10-2010, 11:01 AM
I'm not even sure what type of threads the original poster wants to read... He apparently doesn't want to read any feel good posts, or any posts about how the players suck. I'm not sure what else there is to talk about right now.. the Spurs aren't playing well (understatement) and you either try to justify it or you bitch about it. There's not much in between.

And hey, don't feel bad about misspelling Kori(y), you consider yourself Old School and I've never even heard of you. :toast

Hemotivo
02-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Is this you?

K6WaImbjvTE

never gets old

Kori Ellis
02-10-2010, 11:04 AM

never gets old

I know it makes me laugh out every time ... especially when angel_luv cries.

rayray2k8
02-10-2010, 11:05 AM
youll see no edit here, and
:rollin
at you LOLing at tvp.....read the thread
:bang

Well tvp i understand that. We all are frustrated-if you look at my OP all I really was trying to say is maybe just maybe there should be a spurs forum for people who have been here a little bit (sorry yea im new and thank god i found st eventually) but at least just for the case people who have been on st awhile know what threads get posted over and over.

Im sorry if I'm the only one who notices it, but it was a suggestion-nothing more-nothing less.

And all those you ask for , I'm sorry I dont document every thread I see. I really spend all my time in the club or nfl talk or even trolling but i wouldn't just say that. When I do go to the spurs forum it's the same shit after a loss and even the same shit after a win, if i really have to document threads well sorry but you know damn well there's been tons of threads in the same vein as every one i wrote

:lmao Fail again

FromWayDowntown
02-10-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm new here, but I think what I've found works best is to just respond directly to things that frustrate you with logical retorts instead of whining about being somehow a greater force for good on the site than others.

angel_luv
02-10-2010, 11:11 AM

That part was especially well written. I feel honored to have been mentioned in that video.

holcs50
02-10-2010, 11:12 AM
I'm not even sure what type of threads the original poster wants to read... He apparently doesn't want to read any feel good posts, or any posts about how the players suck. I'm not sure what else there is to talk about right now.. the Spurs aren't playing well (understatement) and you either try to justify it or you bitch about it. There's not much in between.

And hey, don't feel bad about misspelling Kori(y), you consider yourself Old School and I've never even heard of you. :toast

Like I said earlier I never considered myself old school-i said the more older posters on here might know what im talking about. Basic math. I see a person with 10k posts then i assume he/she has prob been here awhile.

Ultimately, the point of the post was just as it was posted to have people who have been here and seen these forums for at least a few months to be able to have a forum to talk about spurs stuff without the repetition of the threads that normally show up. Thats it, it was merely a suggestion, and I might have come off as a dick, but that's all it was. Yall have been runnin this site forever and props, just a suggestion.

Dice
02-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Is this the complaint department?

I'd like to see more post discussing individual games and playes. Timvp does a nice one but I'd prefer to read and participate in more threads like that than all the season ending/trade threads that are made after each individual game.

JR3
02-10-2010, 11:20 AM
I moved from Spurs Report to Spurstalk about a year ago and I have seen an improvement since the Raising the Bar campaign.

anakha
02-10-2010, 12:14 PM

http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-iceburn.gif

ShoogarBear
02-10-2010, 12:16 PM
That was classic. Who did that?

JamStone
02-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Corey should just ban your ass.

You don't know how to keep it old school pimpin.

rascal
02-10-2010, 12:24 PM

You would be better off not even posting anymore in this thread and hope it falls off the top pages.

Indazone
02-10-2010, 12:25 PM
I miss the sequ, whottt, kbp, ownage of each other

easy7
02-10-2010, 12:25 PM
I, personally, find the pompous, elitist, "real old school peeps" just as annoying, if not more, as the noobs, trolls and pointless thread starters. You are all just so sanctimonious about your precious little Spurstalk. Who gives a shit?

NmannAYiwh0

Indazone
02-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Forum is way to tame.

Fpoonsie
02-10-2010, 12:27 PM
That was classic. Who did that?

That would be the classic, comedic stylings of jaffies. He actually earned the first 2fer (spur-wise).

anakha
02-10-2010, 12:44 PM
I miss the sequ, whottt, kbp, ownage of each other

One of the better debate threads:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61371

vander
02-10-2010, 12:44 PM
the forum has dropped off only because the Spurs have, the redundant threads are because many of the problems with the team are obvious, and some of them can be fixed but aren't being, so the fans continue to voice their suggestions and displeasure.

imagine how many fewer threads there would be if Pop could still coach, or even tried to: coach up players, set competitive rotations, exploit other team's weaknesses, make the team play D, etc.

the #1 difference I saw between SA and LAL the other day was the way each team fought through and defended screens. the Spurs look like a HS team just learning how to play defense out there.

and if we could get back to Spurs D, a lot of the other problems the forum is in uproar about would disappear.

Dex
02-10-2010, 12:45 PM
I've found myself having to follow the golden rule much more often these days.

Obstructed_View
02-10-2010, 01:08 PM

"Sequ does that shit all the time" and "It's impossible to get six million in Tetris" just freaking SLAY me.

I think Jaff deserves a third Spur for the continuing greatness of that vid.

E-RockWill
02-10-2010, 01:20 PM

I have never seen such a hurtin' va-jay-jay before in my life, & I am sooo old school. So old I forgot to register until fairly recently.

duhoh
02-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Like I said earlier I never considered myself old school-i said the more older posters on here might know what im talking about. Basic math. I see a person with 10k posts then i assume he/she has prob been here awhile.

Ultimately, the point of the post was just as it was posted to have people who have been here and seen these forums for at least a few months to be able to have a forum to talk about spurs stuff without the repetition of the threads that normally show up. Thats it, it was merely a suggestion, and I might have come off as a dick, but that's all it was. Yall have been runnin this site forever and props, just a suggestion.

QQ

you're really not that old school if you didn't know how to avoid your beloved topics.

i'm a noob here and it's fairly obvious. but whatever. your posts prior to this one sound extremely elitist, that's why you're coming off as a dick.

MI21
02-10-2010, 01:58 PM
come on can't there really be a forum on ST that only people can access after a year of being registered on the site? I know you can do it, I've seen it on other boards.

Maybe there already is one.

angel_luv
02-10-2010, 02:13 PM

haha!

mookie2001
02-10-2010, 02:40 PM
The spurs forum always sucked, always

Nothing changed

Even way back in 2008, even before some of yall were born, 2005 A.D.

SequSpur
02-10-2010, 07:42 PM
The Spurs Forum has always sucked balls, even when tpark was tpark, whottt was whott, ghostrider was black, marcus bryant was spursfan, timvp was ducks, kori was koriduncan, todd tango was sucking Dusty's inchworm... whatever...time doesn't change shit...still sucks balls.

Go Spurs.

Allanon
02-10-2010, 07:45 PM

And the mythical legend of the Woman's place grows.

Phonzie20
02-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Talk about a fail thread.

tlongII
02-10-2010, 09:39 PM
lol holcs50

dougp
02-10-2010, 09:42 PM
The spurs forum always sucked, always

Nothing changed

Even way back in 2008, even before some of yall were born, 2005 A.D.

After Duncan? :D

FeZZy
02-10-2010, 10:53 PM
just...leave haha

timtonymanu
02-11-2010, 04:32 AM
i dont get the logic of the OP. watever he's banned now.

z0sa
02-11-2010, 04:34 AM
he got banned?

timtonymanu
02-11-2010, 04:37 AM
he got banned?

yep read the hard to believe thread.

Rogue
02-11-2010, 06:12 AM
I'm not very sure it was all due to the dyslexia or something similar some of you guys suffered that you mistook what the OP originally posted. Probably I'm not so good at reading to figure out some hints between the lines but honestly I failed to find some facts you guys discovered, like the OP is believed to have claimed himself as an old school expert while I didn't notice he claimed so, at closest he just said he couldn't imagine how it felt being an old member at such a website as what it currently is. That's hypothesis, to be honest.

If those dumb posts and worthless posters are magnanimously tolerated and accepted by admins, why should common posters care the business of someones else then? Some of us are just too responsible for such a virtual world and don't want to be the witness of a once-so-beloved website turning something worthless as some of the posters, or as those retards want it to be (like how the same retards ruined clutchfans.net). When it turns garbage, it'll be quite an ideal club for real idiots to enjoy themselves comfortable with the only meager group of posters going else where like realGM etc...

Kori Ellis
02-11-2010, 06:52 AM
I'm not very sure it was all due to the dyslexia or something similar some of you guys suffered that you mistook what the OP originally posted. Probably I'm not so good at reading to figure out some hints between the lines but honestly I failed to find some facts you guys discovered, like the OP is believed to have claimed himself as an old school expert while I didn't notice he claimed so, at closest he just said he couldn't imagine how it felt being an old member at such a website as what it currently is. That's hypothesis, to be honest.

If those dumb posts and worthless posters are magnanimously tolerated and accepted by admins, why should common posters care the business of someones else then? Some of us are just too responsible for such a virtual world and don't want to be the witness of a once-so-beloved website turning something worthless as some of the posters, or as those retards want it to be (like how the same retards ruined clutchfans.net). When it turns garbage, it'll be quite an ideal club for real idiots to enjoy themselves comfortable with the only meager group of posters going else where like realGM etc...

It seems you don't "get it" either.

There's been a thread locked to the top of the forum for weeks about Raising the Bar, which addresses improving post content... so why start this thread?

Secondly, I have repeated here only about 1000 times, if you have an issue with something on the forum, calling out people, the forum, me/timvp isn't going to get you anywhere. There's a better approach.

Lastly, this OP wrote me a PM yesterday thanking timvp and I for the forum, and explaining his stance (which is what he should have done before starting this thread)... and then later the same night, posted that timvp and I were losers for having such a shi#$y site.

Bottomline is this...

Don't like bad threads? Don't post in them complaining about them, or don't start new threads complaining about them. Ignore them, don't post in them and they will quickly fall off the front page.

Think the forum quality is low? Get off you butt and do something about it by posting a thread of "quality" discussion.

I'm not sure what people expect from the forum right now. The Spurs aren't playing well at all. Therefore, most of the threads are going to be repetitive .. they are going to be about A) Trading players B) Getting rid of Pop C) Tanking for next year. What else is there to talk about in regards to the Spurs? It's not all lollipops and roses for the franchise at the moment, and the forum reflects that.

Now enough of this stupid nonsense. If anyone doesn't like it here, they can leave. If you don't know where to find another Spurs forum, email me and I'll provide you a list.

Otherwise, do your freakin part... stop posting in threads that you think suck...start creating threads that you think are better. Pretty dang simple.