PDA

View Full Version : Manu in ESPN the Magazine

kukjavel
04-29-2005, 06:53 PM
I don't think anyone has posted this yet but Manu is in the new ESPN the Magazine on page 75. Rashard Lewis talks about his playground-style play. Cool pics, too.

exstatic
04-29-2005, 06:55 PM
Rashard Lewis talks about his playground-style play.
:lmao Rashard has the most un-playground sytle of play, ever. He's like a dark Danny Ferry, plinking jumpshots from the outside, but never going to the rack.

kukjavel
04-29-2005, 06:56 PM
not his own play. he's talking about manu.

kukjavel
04-29-2005, 06:59 PM
"Rashard Lewis on Ginobili
His style is so different. It looks out od control, but it's not. He plays like he's at a playground or a park: he throws the ball around, he throws his body around. You don't know which way he's going to go or how he's going to twist his body. I was watching when they played the Lakers, and he got this dunk, but I don't know how he got it. He looked trapped on the baseline, but he kind of tripped on purpose, split his defenders and got to the hole. He just moves his body in a different way than I've ever seen anyone move."
- from the mag

exstatic
04-29-2005, 07:05 PM
not his own play. he's talking about manu.

OK, that makes MUCH more sense, then. :lol

ALVAREZ6
04-29-2005, 07:07 PM
Kukjavel, thanks for the info.

Manu does move his body differently, and that's why he is hard to stop. So many players can be predicted, move to move, exactly by other defenders, and that annoys me.

kukjavel
04-29-2005, 07:08 PM
sorry i probably should have just posted the quote first :spin

exstatic
04-29-2005, 07:14 PM
Manu also takes LONG steps, which led to him getting called for a ton of travels his first year. He can legitimately pick up the ball at the FT line and get to the rim in TWO steps. He also doesn't take those steps in line. His first step will be towards the baseline, and then the second is towards the rim, or vice versa.

infinite styles
04-29-2005, 08:00 PM
Anybody see his photoshoot video on espn.com. They got him in a zoot suit gangster style. He had me rolling towards the end with his poses.

ceds
04-29-2005, 08:07 PM
Manu also takes LONG steps, which led to him getting called for a ton of travels his first year. He can legitimately pick up the ball at the FT line and get to the rim in TWO steps. He also doesn't take those steps in line. His first step will be towards the baseline, and then the second is towards the rim, or vice versa.

Most of the athletic NBA players should be able to two step and dunk from the 3 point line. TMAC can do it in his sleep

2 steps from the free throw line is nothing

travis2
04-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Most of the athletic NBA players should be able to two step and dunk from the 3 point line. TMAC can do it in his sleep

You're kidding, right? Cover 23+ feet and dunk in two steps?

I don't think so!

Mr. Peabody
04-30-2005, 11:22 AM

TMAC should quit doing it in his sleep and do it more when he is awake and playing basketball.
________
Vaporizers (http://vaporizers.tv/)

exstatic
04-30-2005, 11:46 AM

In traffic, not uncontested. Shit, I could do it uncontested. When most players get into the lane, they start to take little, choppy steps.

MI21
04-30-2005, 12:32 PM
You're kidding, right? Cover 23+ feet and dunk in two steps?

I don't think so!

They pick there dribble up at the 3 point line while sprinting allowing an extra step, then the 2 steps followed by the jump. Doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen.