PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Thomas talks to Carlesimo about Knicks

Manu20
04-29-2005, 07:43 PM
Updated: April 29, 2005, 4:56 PM ET
San Antonio is stop on way back from L.A.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2049960

Isiah Thomas is wasting no time in interviewing coaches.

The New York Knicks president flew through San Antonio on his way home from talking to Phil Jackson on Monday in Los Angeles.

The purpose of the stop: to interview San Antonio Spurs assistant P.J. Carlesimo, sources told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith.

Hall of Fame coach Chuck Daly told the New York Daily News a Knicks-Carlesimo fit would make sense.

"He'd be great," Daly told the Daily News. "I don't know what the Knicks are going to do, but if they're talking to P.J. that's a good move."

Jackson's agent, Todd Musburger, told The New York Times this week that "Phil and Isiah will undoubtedly talk again."

The Knicks also want to talk to Flip Saunders, who was fired by the Minnesota Timberwolves this season, Smith reported, and the team has interest in Detroit Pistons coach Larry Brown.

Herb Williams has coached the Knicks since Lenny Wilkens' resignation in January.

Los Angeles, Portland, Cleveland and Orlando are also looking for a new coach.

picnroll
04-29-2005, 07:47 PM
With the Knicks personell, their salary cap situation and Thomas as a GM I wouldn't wish that coaching job on my worst enemy.

pooh
04-29-2005, 07:51 PM
then they can bring back spree :)

Spurgal
04-29-2005, 07:55 PM
They need to send #13 back to SA
I never thought I would see my favorite player In another uniform :depressed
Oh, well!

http://www.nba.com/media/knicks/knicksteamwall05_800x600.jpg

ducks
04-29-2005, 08:31 PM
good it would bring an openign for the agrentine coach to come to town

bigbendbruisebrother
04-29-2005, 08:58 PM
With the Knicks personell, their salary cap situation and Thomas as a GM I wouldn't wish that coaching job on my worst enemy.

Agreed. Whomever gets it is set up to fail.

2centsworth
04-29-2005, 09:12 PM
good it would bring an openign for the agrentine coach to come to town I think PJ is awesome and hope he gets the job, but I would be sad to see him go. Nevertheless, you make a freakin awesome point. Never thought of the argentinian coach as a replacement.

exstatic
04-29-2005, 09:12 PM
As much as I want to see PJ get a gig, I think the NBA should have the same rule as the NFL: no one can talk to your personnel until your team's season is done. It makes for fewer distractions as teams prepare for their playoff run. I know that NY wants to get their sorry ass franchise back on track, but the Spurs could have almost six more weeks of playing.

T Park
04-30-2005, 12:04 AM
Id call up Eric Mussleman, and have Pop start grooming him to take over.

He had a great offensive playbook in Golden State.

Summers
04-30-2005, 07:56 AM
sources told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith.

What are the odds he just pulled this out of his ass?