PDA

View Full Version : Lakers @ Jazz

jazzypimp
02-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Bring it Bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Gemini Method
02-10-2010, 02:31 PM
It's on! Beat the Jizz! Beat the JIzz! ;)

Xylus
02-10-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm not sure who to root for.

I try never to root for the Lakers, but it would sure help the Suns out if the Jazz started losing again...

jazzypimp
02-10-2010, 02:34 PM
I kind of dont have a good feeling about this game... The jazz's history of back to back's...plus last night being a late game in L.A..... why not just stay there and play in the staples center?? freakin ridiculous!

The Gemini Method
02-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Yeah, but the Lakers have notoriously had their struggles in the Land of the Mormons over the years, so its not a done deal by any measure. I still hope Kobe sits this one out and gets even more rest, but something tells me hes is going to try and give it a go. Let's hope he stops being stubborn and let the others pick up for his absence. Also, I hope he is noticing how balanced the Lakers have been when he hasn't been in there.

jazzypimp
02-10-2010, 02:37 PM
If Kobe doesnt play he cant play in the all-star game correct?

The Gemini Method
02-10-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm not sure...it is Kobe and I don't know if the league will mandate that he plays regardless of what he's done leading up to the ASG. If he missed this game and the ASG--I'd be cool with it.

Banzai
02-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Heard on the radio that based on todays shoot around in Utah..Phil believes Kobe won't play tonight.

IronMexican
02-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Heard on the radio that based on todays shoot around in Utah..Phil believes Kobe won't play tonight.

Good news

jazzypimp
02-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Dammit!! I want kobe's ass on the court!!

DJ Mbenga
02-10-2010, 04:33 PM
If Kobe doesnt play he cant play in the all-star game correct?

they are actually forcing him to go to festivities even if he doesnt play. see roy. ill be there to support ma boi

Allanon
02-10-2010, 04:45 PM
It would be really sweet to get a win in Utah without Kobe and Bynum.

Will take a whole new level of effort on Defense by Pau, Lamar and Ron though.

TheMACHINE
02-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Good news

If Lakers win without Kobe tonight...25 bucks says we see a "Trade Kobe Part 2" thread startd by IM.

j.dizzle
02-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Gonna be a tough game since Utah never had anyone that could guard Kobe..If they play really hard & Pau has a game like Monday, then they might be able to get a win. Hopefully Utah is just as tired & Deron doesnt go for 35+ pts haha

Allanon
02-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Kobe has gone from "Questionable" to "not expected to play" per Phillip.

edit: I just heard it but I guess it's the same report Banzai heard :bang

D2Procon
02-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Thats good news, Lakers play better without Kobe....

Koolaid_Man
02-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Let's hope he stops being stubborn and let the others pick up for his absence. Also, I hope he is noticing how balanced the Lakers have been when he hasn't been in there.

Most people would look at it in black and white like you do but it's not that simple. The Lakers seemingly playing balanced is simply a reflection on Phil understanding that his players are standing around watching Kobe and / or expecting him to make miraculous plays. Now that he's not there they have no one to rely on but themselves...sort of like parents kicking the kid out of the house after adulthood to make them self-sufficient. This is a CLASSIC TALE OF FAILURE TO LAUNCH because of being spoon fed.

Now when 81 comes back these muthafuckers should be kicking ass and taking names. Kobe sitting out was the biggest mind over matter blessing in disguise ever for his teammates. Beleive that.

ChrisRichards
02-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Motherfucking Lakers are owning right now. Wow, the ball movement is exquisite, the defense is superb and the hustle is phenomenal. Hard to imagine this is the same team that's been struggling on the road. They look rebirth and alive.

Jordan Farmar is outstanding, Odom is dazzling, Gasol's game is hair raising and Vujacic is taking names.

Kome Brian should realize this and stick to the game plan.

me15lo
02-10-2010, 10:28 PM
go lakers! :toast

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2010, 10:36 PM
This just says a few things that were already known..

-The Lakers are incredibly stacked..
-Bynum has very little defensive impact..
-Kobe often hurts the Lakers..
-Teams haven't game-planned enough for the Lakers w/o Kobe..
-Lakers get a ton of calls..

02-10-2010, 10:36 PM
somebody go start a lakers are better without kobe thread.

mystargtr34
02-10-2010, 10:37 PM
So far so good.

Must hurt you seeing this.

Pelicans78
02-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Haven't had a chance to watch any of the game since Hornets were playing, but Gasol putting up strong numbers. Nice to see him leading this team without Kobe and Bynum. He's totally changed the Lakers since his arrival. Lakers are indeed stacked.

Pelicans78
02-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Utah commentators are doing some serious bitching about the Pau trade... three years later.

What a joke.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-10-2010, 10:47 PM
:lmao Jazz. Lakers aren't even that good with Bynum and Kobe, so how the heck do you lose to them without both ? :wow

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2010, 10:52 PM
The Lakers ball movement is just incredible without Kobe..

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2010, 10:53 PM
The West really is horrible, the league in general actually..

Title is coming down to LA, Cleveland, Orlando and Denver..nobody else has a shot..

Those other teams better hope Kobe heals up..

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Lebron has this MVP thing wrapped up.

Pelicans78
02-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Now they bitching about "players wanting to play in LA." Clippers, anyone?

bitter about Fisher leaving?

Sean Cagney
:lmao

Is this all the West has to offer. We should rest Kobe and Pau.:lol

Denver is your competition this year man, they can give you a run but nobody else can IMO. Spurs are my team but :rollin:rollin, we are a second round exit at best (To you or Denver).

Donkeybong
Now we have to figure out a way to deal with Bynum crowding the paint and the rest of the Lakers ball watching while Kobe is in the game.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-10-2010, 11:02 PM
geez, teams really don't get how to beat Gasol do they!?

he is as soft as tissue paper. Get it down low in the paint to a decent big man and he is useless. Nene had his way with both him and Bynum the other day.

MI21
Could the Lakers break the Bulls 72 win record without Kobe?

hitmanyr2k
Most people would look at it in black and white like you do but it's not that simple. The Lakers seemingly playing balanced is simply a reflection on Phil understanding that his players are standing around watching Kobe and / or expecting him to make miraculous plays. Now that he's not there they have no one to rely on but themselves...sort of like parents kicking the kid out of the house after adulthood to make them self-sufficient. This is a CLASSIC TALE OF FAILURE TO LAUNCH because of being spoon fed.

Nice spin and all, but no :lol

This is just the Lakers and Phil Jackson showing Kobe what they were bitching about a week ago...ball movement and playing as a team. They're just setting the example for Kobe to follow when he comes back. No more of the 25+ shots with an injured hand garbage.

Pelicans78
02-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Now we have to figure out a way to deal with Bynum crowding the paint and the rest of the Lakers ball watching while Kobe is in the game.

Start Odom and bring Bynum off the bench? I trust Gasol in the paint more than Bynum, but I could be wrong.

Donkeybong
02-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Nice spin and all, but no :lol

This is just the Lakers and Phil Jackson showing Kobe what they were bitching about a week ago...ball movement and playing as a team. They're just setting the example for Kobe to follow when he comes back. No more of the 25+ shots with an injured hand garbage.

I agree that Kobe has been playing out of the offense at times. However, anyone who watches all the Lakers games would tell you that his teammates are at fault as well for ball watching.

Donkeybong
02-10-2010, 11:06 PM
Start Odom and bring Bynum off the bench? I trust Gasol in the paint more than Bynum, but I could be wrong.

That's what I would do. Bynum should only come in for Gasol.

mystargtr34
02-10-2010, 11:08 PM
I still rate Cleveland and the Lakers as a level above the Nuggets, Celtics and Magic. Nuggets because they have to prove it in the playoffs and/or come out of the West (even though they do look much improved this season). The Magic arent what they were last season, and even then they werent legit contenders despite coming out of the East. Them beating Cleveland was simply due to horrible matchups all over the floor for the Cavs. Similar to the Mavs/Spurs or Spurs/Suns of old. This season those problems are long gone with the arrival of Shaq. The Celtics are just too old/injured.

Pelicans78
02-10-2010, 11:10 PM
That's what I would do. Bynum should only come in for Gasol.

I like that strategy. Gasol and Odom made a good combo two years ago and in last year's finals.

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2010, 11:15 PM
I agree that LA and Cleveland are on the 1st tier of the NBA, but I disagree that Orlando isn't a real contender..if Nelson is healthy, they're definitely better than last year..Carter is starting to get it together and he's significantly better than Turkoglu..more important, Howard is significantly better than last year and he completely dominated the Lakers with post moves when they played this year, something he had trouble with last year..

I'd say..

Tier 1: Cleveland, LA
Tier 2: Orlando, Denver
Tier 3: Boston
Tier 4: Atlanta, Dallas, OKC, Portland, Utah

Pelicans78
02-10-2010, 11:18 PM
What would you know about winning combinations, please tell us?

Drew Breees and Sean Payton. Sounds like a winner to me!

picc84
02-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Denver is at LEAST on the level of LA. We're the third best team in the league right now. If this Denver team played last year they would have been in the finals.

Pelicans78
02-10-2010, 11:20 PM
:toast

:toast

Pelicans78
02-10-2010, 11:24 PM
Denver is at LEAST on the level of LA. We're the third best team in the league right now. If this Denver team played last year they would have been in the finals.

I don't believe that. They're a really good team, but I still like the Lakers because Lakers have better big men, Kobe > Anthony. Still Billups is a key factor, but he's getting older too.

picc84
02-10-2010, 11:25 PM
I don't believe that. They're a really good team, but I still like the Lakers because Lakers have better big men, Kobe > Anthony. Still Billups is a key factor, but he's getting older too.

What part of "Derek Fisher" don't you understand?

mystargtr34
02-10-2010, 11:29 PM
I agree that LA and Cleveland are on the 1st tier of the NBA, but I disagree that Orlando isn't a real contender..if Nelson is healthy, they're definitely better than last year..Carter is starting to get it together and he's significantly better than Turkoglu..more important, Howard is significantly better than last year and he completely dominated the Lakers with post moves when they played this year, something he had trouble with last year..

I'd say..

Tier 1: Cleveland, LA
Tier 2: Orlando, Denver
Tier 3: Boston
Tier 4: Atlanta, Dallas, OKC, Portland, Utah

Well, for Orlando to be true contenders (in my eyes anyway) i'd look for three things, two of which you touched upon.

1. Vince Carter needs to prove to be an upgrade over Turkoglu, so far he hasn't done that (in fact he's been a downgrade). The 48 point game is a nice start, and a good sign, but until he starts to be a consistent 20-5-5 guy i dont think they can hang with the elite of the elite so to speak. Also, 39% is disgusting, that needs to get up to about 44-45%. Whether he can do it or not is a different story, he's always been the ultimate enigma.

2. Nelson needs to get back to his All-Star level.

3. Defense. Last season they were ranked first in the league in defensive efficiency. Throughout this seaso they have hovered around the 8-10 mark - but in the last month or so they have locked down and are ranked 4th in the league now.

If these three things happen, then i would consider them contenders, but still a tier below Cleveland and the Lakers. Probably equal with Denver (and Boston if they can stay healthy for a stretch heading into the playoffs)

bostonguy
02-10-2010, 11:30 PM

In terms of competing, I won't argue with that. In terms of beating them 4 times, no way. Not with George Karl and that team of hot heads. That combination WILL NOT beat the Lakers 4 times in a 7 game series. LA if healthy, will win the west with hardly that much drama.

Pelicans78
02-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Vince Carter's 48 was a fluke. An absolute fluke. He was throwing up bombs in the 4th and they all went it. He won't do that again if ever. Asshole.

hhml
02-10-2010, 11:37 PM
I now proclaim this team the greatest and championship worthy. Impressive win yet again and paying back the Jazz by stopping their win streak in their building.

Vive l'Empereur! Vive l'Empereur! Vive l'Empereur!

Our superstar bigs had monster games. Pau nearly with a 20/20+5 blks and Odom with 25 pts on 9 shots and almost perfect from the line. The all-star guards contributed and picked up the rest. Sasha has been solid in the wins and now adding another guy (Ronnie Price) to his fan club.

Vive l'Empereur! Vive l'Empereur! Vive l'Empereur!

That's 3 straight wins now. What makes these wins impressive is they have dominated the enemies with defense and controlled the game. Way to go into the All-Star break guys. Looks like Kobe read this forum and listened to me and decided to sit out this game.

Another solid team win with everyone contributing from top to bottom.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-10-2010, 11:48 PM
:lol @ people still calling Denver a team of 'hot heads' . That's just as bad as me continuing to call Kobe a rapist.

The Nuggets are a different team and the only person who is still erratic on the team is JR.

The playoffs last season came down to poor coaching and the playing of Anthony Carter.

The actual team itself is not going to implode. They are hungrier than the Lakers.

picc84
02-10-2010, 11:50 PM
:lol

You still got that last loss on your mind.

What about the last 2 seasons? He's gotten raped so much he's shitting in diapers and Phil still won't bring him out back to be shot. As long as Derek fucking Fisher is playing 20+ minutes for us, we're not going anywhere this season. Quote me on that. Lawson/Billups/Williams/West will climb inside his ass and play ghost in the graveyard all series long and there's not a goddamn thing Phil will do about it.

picc84
02-10-2010, 11:52 PM
In terms of competing, I won't argue with that. In terms of beating them 4 times, no way. Not with George Karl and that team of hot heads. That combination WILL NOT beat the Lakers 4 times in a 7 game series. LA if healthy, will win the west with hardly that much drama.

Holy shit its incredible how little people know when they don't follow teams closely. The Lakers were a clusterfuck before this little 3 game injury win streak and only an act of god will keep Phil from screwing it up when everyone comes back.

No offense. :lol

MiamiHeat
02-10-2010, 11:55 PM
enjoy the wins Laker fans, but be wary

the mambo worm will be back in no time to 'eat first' and get his shots off, you know, because he's kobe and he must get his 'eating time' first, you know, cause it's not about winning and sharing the ball if you can't stroke your own ego

TheMACHINE
02-11-2010, 01:18 AM
The Machine is oiled up and ready to play!

Killakobe81
02-11-2010, 01:59 AM

I agree. Butr we have the best coach and Kobe is at least the 2nd best player of the contenders ...I like our chances but agree Denver and Cavs look better right now ...

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-11-2010, 02:27 AM

No they aren't. Dumb Laker fans like you said the exact same thing last season.

Either way, you look even dumber by the fact that you actually made and believed your post. When the Lakers stomp Denver in the playoffs yet again hopefully you won't show your face around here.

usdane
02-11-2010, 02:27 AM
Odom "The Candyman" fucking rocks right now.

A good win in Utah - Go Lakers!

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-11-2010, 02:28 AM
I agree. Butr we have the best coach and Kobe is at least the 2nd best player of the contenders ...I like our chances but agree Denver and Cavs look better right now ...

Tell us more about the regular season.

bostonguy
02-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Holy shit its incredible how little people know when they don't follow teams closely. The Lakers were a clusterfuck before this little 3 game injury win streak and only an act of god will keep Phil from screwing it up when everyone comes back.

No offense. :lol

Lakers have been up and down all season. They had these same concerns last season yet ended up winning it all. Kobe sitting out is benefiting himself and the team. Guys are stepping up. We really haven't seen the Lakers best game yet. I know when they mesh and are focused, they are pretty fucking scary. They know what it takes to win it all. While I am investing a ton of money into the Cavs, the Lakers scare me because I know what they are capable of.

Allanon
02-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Odom "The Candyman" fucking rocks right now.

There's lots and lots in a 5 buck box. It's all about the PowerBars though

JxKrQNt5dMo

namlook
02-11-2010, 03:11 PM

Denver is not at the Lakers level until they prove it by beating them in the playoffs. The Nuggets have lost to the Lakers in the playoffs the past two seasons and are 2 wins 8 losses in those games.

The TroutBum
02-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Fucking Lakers.

That being said, we got out asses creamed last night. If I didn't hate the Lakers with every ounce of my being, I would've enjoyed watching them play last night, because -- they looked awesome. It's sad, really, if not for Kobe, I could see myself actually 'liking' the Fake-show. Gods, did I just say that? I'm going to go slit my wrists.

BTW, is there anyone in the NBA SOFTER than Boozer/Okur?

himat
02-11-2010, 03:25 PM
BTW, is there anyone in the NBA SOFTER than Boozer/Okur?

:lol Pau and Bynum. Those two epitomize the talented/soft big man. No offense Laker fans but its the truth.

The Gemini Method
02-11-2010, 04:22 PM
:lol Pau and Bynum. Those two epitomize the talented/soft big man. No offense Laker fans but its the truth.

Yeah, so what do you call Boozer/Okur after getting smashed on by one of the proclaimed soft duo? If Gasol is Charmin, Boozer/Okur is gelatto.

IronMexican
02-11-2010, 05:22 PM
There's lots and lots in a 5 buck box. It's all about the PowerBars though

JxKrQNt5dMo

That commercial was awesome possum.