PDA

View Full Version : Manu ----> Is this scenery possible ????

OldSilentHill
02-10-2010, 07:21 PM
If the franchise waits until last times to say they will trade Manu in order to get a very good player in the exchage...

...and Manu inmediately says on public that he retires as a basketball player :wow ...the Spurs wont get a damn thing??? :wow

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I posted but nobody answered me, so here is the thread :bang

Bender
02-10-2010, 07:22 PM
lol scenery

urunobili
02-10-2010, 07:28 PM
<1000 poster opening thread fail

EVAY
02-10-2010, 07:30 PM
I don't know.

I understand your question. It sounds to me like you are right. We will get nothing, if he becomes a free agent. If he were a restricted free agent, we would have the option of matching any offer from another team...but as a an 'unrestricted free agent', I think that is exactly what it means.

Tim became an unrestricted free agent after his rookie contract expired, and that is when Orlando went after him. The Spurs offered the best they could, and he decided to stay.

What will Manu do? What do you think he will do? Does he believe that he is important to this franchise? Would he prefer to go to a team where he is not the third or fourth option?

I don't know.

Allanon
02-10-2010, 07:32 PM
If the franchise waits until last times to say they will trade Manu in order to get a very good player in the exchage...

...and Manu inmediately says on public that he retires as a basketball player...the Spurs wont get a damn thing??? :wow

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I posted but nobody answered me, so here is the thread :bang

There are a few answers to your question:

1a) The Spurs won't say they trade Manu until AFTER they trade him. So in that case, the Spurs should already get their side of the trade.

1b) Most teams trading for Manu right now are interested in him only because his contract will expire. So if he retires immediately, they probably won't care.

2) If Manu announces retirement, he can do that but he will lose money. Better for him to finish the season with the new team and collect several million.

3) If Manu does retire today; he can do this and forfeit his remaining contract. However, the Spurs own his rights and he cannot rejoin the NBA for a different team. Spurs own his "rights" and can trade that.

ps. You are using the word "scenery" incorrectly. It should be "scenario". Scenery is something you look at like a nice waterfall is "beautiful scenery". Scenario is a situation, possibility or "trade scenario" like you mentioned.

TheSpursFNRule
02-10-2010, 07:39 PM

While I agree this is not a very good topic, this is quite an arrogant statement.

murpjf88
02-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Manu has already made it clear he has no plans to retire. He still has a lot he wants to accomplish before he hangs it up. If the Spurs trade him, they will get something of quality in return but they won't be any better off without him this year. If the Spurs opt not to sign him in the off-season, he will make another team very happy. The Spurs may be able to use the money they allocated toward Manu to bring in a semi star to replace Ginobili. However, if the Spurs have already committed to not signing Manu, they should definitely consider trading him.

OldSilentHill
02-10-2010, 07:53 PM

Nobody answered in the threads I posted, I already explain it, no need to be such an idiot. If you have history in this forum, you have to answer with highness.

Shame that a Laker fan did it in that way instead of you :nope. Better luck next time.

Thanks Allanon :toast

urunobili
02-10-2010, 08:05 PM
While I agree this is not a very good topic, this is quite an arrogant statement.

well I'm sorry if you interpret it that way... there's a reason why nobody answered the post in the thread where he did leave his opinion and THAT was the right thing to do...

though the lil attention whore decided he wanted to get more out of it.. arrogant post again? sure... the thread blows anyway...

Obstructed_View
02-10-2010, 08:13 PM
well I'm sorry if you interpret it that way... there's a reason why nobody answered the post in the thread where he did leave his opinion and THAT was the right thing to do...

though the lil attention whore decided he wanted to get more out of it.. arrogant post again? sure... the thread blows anyway...

You might kind of need to show more patience for people who post in a language that isn't their native one.

Guajalote
02-10-2010, 08:18 PM
There are a few answers to your question:

1a) The Spurs won't say they trade Manu until AFTER they trade him. So in that case, the Spurs should already get their side of the trade.

1b) Most teams trading for Manu right now are interested in him only because his contract will expire. So if he retires immediately, they probably won't care.

2) If Manu announces retirement, he can do that but he will lose money. Better for him to finish the season with the new team and collect several million.

3) If Manu does retire today; he can do this and forfeit his remaining contract. However, the Spurs own his rights and he cannot rejoin the NBA for a different team. Spurs own his "rights" and can trade that.

ps. You are using the word "scenery" incorrectly. It should be "scenario". Scenery is something you look at like a nice waterfall is "beautiful scenery". Scenario is a situation, possibility or "trade scenario" like you mentioned.

Classy post, Allanon :toast

ElNono
02-10-2010, 08:18 PM
You might kind of need to show more patience for people who post in a language that isn't their native one.

Qué? :lol

OldSilentHill
02-10-2010, 08:21 PM

So the right thing to do was not answer me? Can you explain that or is an argument trap? Too low :rolleyes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, murpjf88

Manu has already made it clear he has no plans to retire.

is something important if it´s true and should answer my question.

Feel free to stop posting here, for urunobili´s pleasure :rolleyes

OldSilentHill
02-10-2010, 08:26 PM

Thanks again. Classy indeed.:toast

iManu
02-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Hmm. I need to pad my posts so I can finally start a thread.

ohmwrecker
02-10-2010, 08:43 PM

True enough. However, if it is obvious that a poster is foreign that should not necessarily negate ridicule if said poster is annoying or stupid. I'm not saying that is the case in this particular instance. That being said, and operating on the assumption that most of the foreign posters here are from countries with latin based languages (Argentina, France, etc.), shouldn't this guy know the meaning of the word scenario?

Man In Black
02-10-2010, 09:23 PM

I disagree with this assertion. Manu right now still has some considerable skills. His triple-threat ability, even at this stage, is better than most who play his position, especially if we're talking about wings that come off the bench. Name 1 wing that comes off the bench that's better than Ginobili. That would be hard.

Obstructed_View
02-10-2010, 09:25 PM
True enough. However, if it is obvious that a poster is foreign that should not necessarily negate ridicule if said poster is annoying or stupid. I'm not saying that is the case in this particular instance. That being said, and operating on the assumption that most of the foreign posters here are from countries with latin based languages (Argentina, France, etc.), shouldn't this guy know the meaning of the word scenario?

Don't know. The suggestion was posted to someone who is bilingual so he'd be able to answer that question. The question itself wasn't that bad once you figured out the translation. And I wouldn't assume that someone's first language was Latin based.

ivanfromwestwood
02-10-2010, 10:46 PM
a9wmczxnT3c