PDA

View Full Version : Some Random stats on RJ

jason1301
02-10-2010, 10:04 PM
What bugged me the most is that he is hitting a career low FT% at .692. He is also hitting a career low 3.2 free throws per game. That's about half from last year even though he plays only 4.6min less.

His FG% is a bit up since last year, but still one would expect him to shoot better since he is taking 4.9 less shots, and of course is below his career average.

He is blocking twice as many shots as he did last year (the most since 04-05) while committing one foul less. His TO are also down by half (a career high!).

His assists are the down by .3 but if you take into consideration his playing less, that evens it out.

He grabs one less rebound per game, and that is down since last year and the lowest since his rookie year.

His rebounding (career low), his FTs (career low), and getting into the lane (also career low) are considerably down. Also one could add his FG% didn't go up as much as someone would hope.

Now assuming he raises his FT% from .692 to say his career average .777 and he goes to the FT line a bit more often say 5.5 times per game. His scoring average will be up by (5.5*.777-3.2*.692 ) 2.05 points!

We lost many close games so far, these 2 points could give us a few more wins, and place us in the top4.

I say have him drive to the basket more often and practice his Free Throws.

If he is scoring more, then maybe he will be more motivated to go after a rebound and/or play D. After all he is grabbing more rebounds when he is scoring more.

Closing thoughts, you can argue that RJ has put some effort on playing better D, his blocks are up and his Fouls are down. However the rest of his game is suffering.

Any way its just numbers, I don't think I am up to something big here. I am doing my best Hoinger impersonation here hehehe.

ivanfromwestwood
02-10-2010, 10:34 PM
hes still a dick!!!! (pun intended)

TIMMYD!
02-10-2010, 10:52 PM
These stats don't tell the whole story, though.

FeZZy
02-10-2010, 10:54 PM
dicky jeff sucks

SpursRulez4eVeR
02-10-2010, 11:17 PM
none of these personal stats means much on a team standpoint IMO. He is lost and brain-dead when his shots are not falling, which clearly is hurting the team when hes out there.

pawe
02-11-2010, 12:58 AM
One possible explanation on his FT woes is Chip might be working with him in changing his shooting style.

murpjf88
02-11-2010, 01:26 AM
RJ needs the all star break more than any Spur. He is obviously pressing both offensively and defensively and its affected his entire game including his free throws. He looks like a lost little soul. Maybe , he can use the all star break to get away from the game for a couple of days and clear his mind of everything basketball. Maybe he'll come back refreshed and ready to play and hopefully will play a major role in the Spurs second half push toward the playoffs and beyond.

FkLA
02-11-2010, 01:36 AM
RJ completely bitchified his game, he's nothing but a 14 mill dollar jump shooter. I dont understand why he doesnt drive...mothafucker once led the league in FT attempts ffs so he's obviously capable of being more than just a jump shooter. Ive lost hope though and just come to the conclusion that he is indeed a flamboyant homosexual.

Rogue
02-11-2010, 02:54 AM
RJ completely bitchified his game, he's nothing but a 14 mill dollar jump shooter. I dont understand why he doesnt drive...mothafucker once led the league in FT attempts ffs so he's obviously capable of being more than just a jump shooter. Ive lost hope though and just come to the conclusion that he is indeed a flamboyant homosexual.
wasn't Dirk also considered a pure 7'0 shooter by most Spurs fans once upon a time? RDJ just currently plays for a team where he has yet to get himself suited in, that said it's more of the unfitness of playing style than his personal ineptness that keeps him from fulfilling his expected duties. Spurs fans are just feeling bad on him for his underachievement, which makes it a tremendous irony contrasted to your ecstasy on his arrival to Spurs.

TheSpursFNRule
02-11-2010, 03:23 AM
If the Spurs find a way to get rid of RJ before the trade deadline I will start going to church again. Quote me on that suckas.

Sisk
02-11-2010, 03:39 AM
If the Spurs find a way to get rid of RJ before the trade deadline I will start going to church again. Quote me on that suckas.

Start praying now...

And I'll agree with everyone else on this

He could put up 12PPG for all I care.. if only he grabbed some boards, drove the lane and played some D, I'd be much happier with him. He looks so lackluster and coy out there it's pathetic.. dude looks scared to play ball against anyone

the other night against LA, a spur made a diving save (can't remember exactly who) and the ball rolled within 2 feet of RJ and he just watched it go into a laker's hands instead of actually making an effort at it

The_Worlds_finest
02-11-2010, 08:32 AM
That diving play almost made me throw the controller at the wall....
It was disgusting, but it is only regular season, and spurs are only two games behind dallas for divison lead.

RJ sucks right now but im not convinced this is not all a front, CIA POP style, for spurs to hide thier hand till play off time.