PDA

View Full Version : Mike Miller..

CosmicCowboy
04-29-2005, 09:11 PM
watching the Suns / Grizz...I can't help but just want to jump through the screen and shove his mouthguard back in his mouth and punch him right in the teeth so he can't sit there and mouthe it...is that the most disgusting professional athlete you have ever seen?...every second he is not playing he is sliding his damn mouthguard out of his mouth with his tongue and playing with it...looks like a fucking cow chewing cud...

whew!....thanks...I needed to get that off my chest...:lol

Cant_Be_Faded
04-29-2005, 09:16 PM
he looks cool with longer hair though

ducks
04-29-2005, 09:33 PM
would you take joe johnson over barry

spurs could maybe work out a sign and trade with suns
suns need a backup point
barry could fill that role

stéphane
04-29-2005, 10:28 PM

spurs could maybe work out a sign and trade with suns
suns need a backup point
barry could fill that role
barry could fit really well in the suns devensive plan.
wait they got no defensive plans :p

exstatic
04-29-2005, 10:39 PM

In a cold minute. Joe Johnson is a stone cold shooter in the mold of Stephen Jackson. He's also long enough to play the 3 spot. He shoots 46% overall and 48% from downtown.

I'd ship Barry, plus whatever salary or pieces not named Duncan, Ginobili, or Parker that they want. That would include any of Rasho, Nazr, Beno, Devin. It would probably end up being Barry + 1big + 1 low salary prospect. Supposedly, they don't want to take on another big contract. They also need to get deeper. This could kill two birds with one stone.

whottt
04-29-2005, 10:55 PM
#1.Try as I might, I cannot figure out how in the hell ducks got a Barry for Johnson trade out of Mike Miller and KMart chewing their mouthpieces..

#2.But what's even more fucking mystifying is what in the hell makes you guys think Phoenix is going to trade 23 year old Joe Johnson for 34 year old Brent Barry.

Gee...why don't we resign Willis...maybe the Nets will trade us Kristic for him.

timvp
04-29-2005, 11:21 PM
#1.Try as I might, I cannot figure out how in the hell ducks got a Barry for Johnson trade out of Mike Miller and KMart chewing their mouthpieces..

#2.But what's even more fucking mystifying is what in the hell makes you guys think Phoenix is going to trade 23 year old Joe Johnson for 34 year old Brent Barry.

http://www.devonia.com/dev_img/superman2.gif

Pandaemonaeon
04-29-2005, 11:23 PM
wait they got no defensive plans :p

But Marion is a great defender! http://img230.exs.cx/img230/4421/sarcasm4ig.gif

ChumpDumper
04-29-2005, 11:24 PM
:lmao @ LJ

T Park
04-29-2005, 11:29 PM
loL@ TIMVP

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!

ducks
04-30-2005, 11:35 AM
dude joe johnson is a lock to leave phoenix
I would think the suns would want something back in return!

ducks
04-30-2005, 11:37 AM
do not worry whott
I will bring this back up during fa
it is the playoffs and I did not want to start a thread about shipping barry out
I am still hoping he has a good game in playoffs

whottt
04-30-2005, 12:29 PM
Um worry about what? I'd do that trade in a second and so would any other team in the NBA....unfortunately for you the Suns will only laugh hysterically at the idea. I am also interested in what you think it will take to land him because he is going to get offered a hell of a more money than Barry makes...statistically Johnson is a better player than Manu.

My guess is that the Suns will be highly averse to trading Johnson to their top competion in the conference...They'd want Manu for that trade...and the salaries still won't match IMO.

The Suns will be able to match any offer...they aren't just going to let him walk...if you got a 23 year old player that puts up the numbers he does you generally want to keep him. At worst they can match and eventually trade him to whereever they want him to go and get a hell of a lot more in return than the Spurs will have to offer.

whottt
04-30-2005, 12:53 PM
LOL! That's what I thought...you are chickens not ducks...

There is no fucking way the Suns do that trade...and you can't even come up with how it could be done...You must think the Suns are stupid to just let Johnson walk...the guy is 23 years old and nearly shot 50% from 3 this season at a high volume...he pulls down 5 boards a game...he's got good size..and he's only going to get better...

And the Suns have a back up PG(courtesy of us and Jason Kidd) that I think they haven't given up on yet...

And you think they are going to take on a mid 30's Barry making 4-5 million a year for him?

It will never happen, and they also aren't going to take on a contract Rasho's either...if they were willing to take on Barry and Rasho's contracts they'd just resign Johnson themselves.

Like I said earlier..why don't we just resign Willis and try and trade him for Kristic....it has about the same chance of happening.

ducks
04-30-2005, 04:18 PM
I would be suprised if both joe and q is back with the suns next year

also I heard rumors that bobcats would folk over the money for joe

suns and spurs have traded before
if spurs throw in a big suns would have to listen
spurs have nazr AND RASHO now

ducks
04-30-2005, 04:18 PM
whott suns NEED A BIG BAD

ducks
04-30-2005, 04:19 PM
and whott excuse me for going on a computer service repair job
how dare someone works on saturday

sickdsm
04-30-2005, 07:54 PM
Suns have repeatedly said they will resign Joe Johnson. They have bird rights, don't they?

Plus isn't he restricted?

SirChaz
05-01-2005, 02:47 AM
There is no way the Suns will trade Joe Johnson to the Spurs and definitely not for Brent Barry.

The Suns can match any offer JoeJ gets. He is not going anywhere. He is one of our core players.

And Q is locked up for 5 years why would he go anywhere next season?

Keep dreaming about all the great Suns players on your team. You guys sure could use the offense. :)

EDIT: Plus what would the Suns want with Rasho or Nazr?

ducks
05-01-2005, 09:39 AM
suns have said they do not want another big contract
big q is locked up

I am just wondering how they are going to get their big man if they do not trade someone if they sign joe

sickdsm
05-01-2005, 10:16 AM
Dude, there the best team in the league as of now still recordwise.

At least give them the chance to blow it or let alone lose ONE game before blowing the team up, which is what your considering

picnroll
05-01-2005, 10:24 AM
Wouldn't it be more like ....

http://stp.ling.uu.se/~starback/dcml/chars/pics/superduck.gif

picnroll
05-01-2005, 10:38 AM
Staying with the Mike Miller theme here's a little excerpt on the Suns cap situation ...

link (http://nbadraft.net/stateofthecapphoenix001.asp)

2005/06 Phoenix Suns Payroll: $45.5 million
2005/06 Estimated NBA Salary Cap: $45 million
Roughly: $0.5 million over cap

The Good: When you have the best record in the NBA, life is good. The Suns have a chance to lock up their starting line-up for at least the next four seasons. That makes life even better.

Shawn Marion is the highest paid player on the team, averaging $14.4 million the next four years, and he earns every dollar. Marion is one of the most complete players in the league and a perfect running mate for Steve Nash.

Speaking of Nash, many people scoffed when they heard how much money Phoenix gave him. Well, who is scoffing now? Nash is an MVP candidate and has completely changed the fortunes of this franchise. The Suns only hope he can stay healthy the next five years, not an easy task for a veteran who plays a lot of high-energy minutes.

Then you have Amare Stoudamire, who is quickly becoming one of the best players in the league. He has been unstoppable in the post and plays so well with Nash it's like they were destined to be together. Amare will receive a miniscule $2.5 million next season. He will then be due a major payday, which the Suns obviously have every intention of giving him.

Don't underestimate the pick-up of Jim Jackson. He will make only $2.7 million next year, yet he will be the Suns best player off the bench. Jackson is a solid shooting veteran that will help them out a lot in the playoffs.

The Bad: With Amare's max deal coming soon, there is not much left to give to Joe Johnson. The shooting guard has quietly become one of the best in the NBA at his position. He is one of the best three-point shooters in the league and adds some decent rebounding and passing skills. Another team could give Johnson a pretty fat contract offer. The Suns are hoping for something more reasonable so they can match it, but there is only so much the team will be willing to spend. Losing Johnson would hurt more than they might realize.

Quentin Richardson shoots a ridiculous amount of three-pointers even though he is only an average shooter at best. Q will make $37.5 million over the next five years, which isn't too bad a contract. He boards well for his size and is a good player, he just desperately needs to work on his shot selection.

Despite the fact that Howard Eisley isn't with the team anymore, his contract will still count $6.9 million against the cap next season. That figure could have gone to help solidify a shaky Sun's bench. Further proof that their are very few NBA teams that aren't carrying some dead weight contracts.

The Future: Life is beautiful in Phoenix, and we don't just mean the weather. Not only are the Suns winning, they are playing the most entertaining style of basketball in years. If they find a way to re-sign Joe Johnson along with Stoudamire, then the rest of the league better beware. The Suns would have their starting five locked up for at least the next four years.

The only area of concern is the bench. The starters play way too many minutes, which could lead to more injuries in the future. Steve Nash is especially vulnerable and we all know how bad the Suns played when Nash sat out for a brief period this season. Phoenix will have to find a good backup point guard at some point, and another decent post player would be nice.

With most of their main pieces signed long-term (or about to be), the Suns are ready to run circles around teams for many years. I know a lot of basketball fans all over the nation that wish they could get seasons tickets right now.

Bonus Points… for changing the style of basketball in the NBA. The Suns have shown that not only can you win a lot of ballgames by running the floor, it's also pretty fun to do. As the fans know, it's also a blast to watch.

Grade: A-

I can't see why Cleveland doesn't go after Johnson rather than eithr Redd or Allen. If Suns wanted something in exchange a S&T with Z would help them but as noted they're going to have to deal with Amare's max contract very soon.

ducks
05-01-2005, 10:42 AM
amare wants a big man

picnroll
05-01-2005, 10:44 AM
amare wants a big man
ducks is this basketball related or are you going into a gay issue now?

SirChaz
05-02-2005, 01:49 AM
suns have said they do not want another big contract
big q is locked up

I am just wondering how they are going to get their big man if they do not trade someone if they sign joe

Who said this? When?

There is no Shaq or Duncan that is going to come to the Suns. Amare is the big salary man in the front court they just need a serviceable big guy that can run the floor with them and block a few shots (i.e. Hunter).

There is also the question of what the CBA will look like come this summer. I really doubt Joe Johnson is going anywhere. I am really sure Amare is not going anywhere. If they are winning and selling tickets I don't think Sarver will have a problem exceeding the cap to keep these guys together.

If I was the GM of the Suns the Spurs don't have anyone not named Ginobili or Duncan I would trade for Johnson.

T Park
05-02-2005, 01:51 AM
the Spurs don't have anyone not named Ginobili or Duncan I would trade for Johnson

cant argue with that.

Sportcamper
05-02-2005, 05:44 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050502/capt.tnmh10505020144.suns_grizzlies_tnmh105.jpg

CosmicCowboy
05-02-2005, 05:57 PM
:lmao

thanks JimBob...

thats exactly what I am talking about...when he isn't actually playing he is rolling that damn mouthpiece around with his tongue and sliding it in and out...it's absolutely disgusting...that boys agent needs to have a talk with him...:lol

now that I mentioned his agent maybe he has an endorsement deal with the mouthpiece manufacturer (is yellow some special brand?) where he has to show it every time play stops...It's not like Nike and Sprite were lined up to sign him...:lol

Sportcamper
05-06-2005, 11:42 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050506/capt.htr11405060500.mavericks_rockets_htr114.jpg