PDA

View Full Version : Hard To Believe....

davi78239
02-11-2010, 01:23 AM
Just two years ago in 08 we were bound for the WCF, had an exciting match up with Phoenix (game 1) and had an epic 7 game series with the Hornets. We had Bowen, Big Shot Bob.........My how two years makes a difference.

Riverwalkman
02-11-2010, 01:29 AM
I have to tell you:

Your signature photos are a mess of codes.

davi78239
02-11-2010, 01:46 AM
I have to tell you:

Your signature photos are a mess of codes.

I know. Need to switch that after 4 yrs almost.

Russ
02-11-2010, 02:42 AM
The turning point in Spurs history was that all-nighter in a cramped plane on the New Orleans tarmac.

MI21
02-11-2010, 02:52 AM
The turning point in Spurs history was that all-nighter in a cramped plane on the New Orleans tarmac.

Combined with Pop taking Bowen out in the 3rd quarter of Game 1 of the 08' WCF when the Spurs had a chance to build the lead to 30... and elminate the problem of someone fouling out.

I want to cry.

holcs50
02-11-2010, 04:00 AM
that timmmvp and koryyy are just that big of losers that their job is to regulate a sh@tty site. Garbage-repeating garbage

Kori Ellis
02-11-2010, 04:03 AM
that timmmvp and koryyy are just that big of losers that their job is to regulate a sh@tty site. Garbage-repeating garbage

Here, I'll help you out.

timvp
02-11-2010, 04:11 AM
:lol @ that guy complaining ST sucks because there are too many happy threads.

God bless him, sons.

Kori Ellis
02-11-2010, 04:12 AM
:lol @ that guy complaining ST sucks because there are too many happy threads.

God bless him, sons.

What's funnier is that he wrote me a "thank you note" PM earlier today. :wtf

People are losing it. :flag:

And :lmao at someone thinking our "job" is SpursTalk. If that's the case, where's my paycheck?

Sisk
02-11-2010, 04:14 AM
hahaha that edit is the best edit ever Kori.. nice use of the y's

but as far as the OP, definitely a depressing thought

timtonymanu
02-11-2010, 04:29 AM
holcs is an idiot and kori owned him. lol

but yeah we should have seen it coming when the spurs stood pat after the 07 title. when the celtics acquired kg and ray allen, the spurs should have tried to make a deal.

then when manu got hurt in the playoffs, i thought things would get worse. then he would miss the first part of the 09 season. you could tell that season would suck when your best FA pickup was Roger Mason Jr.

this year we thought we see the championship spurs again with a healthy big 3 and new additions like rj, dice, and blair. and also a much more improved george hill. but we have a former shell of manu. a hobbled tony. and it looks like tim is starting to slow down. a offseason bust in rj. dice, blair, and hill are the ones coming into form though, but it's not enough.

like the OP said, just two years ago we were in the WCF. Now we're at best a 6th seed trying to just make the playoffs. we're first round fodders now and it's sad.

Still it's no reason to dump the Spurs. Just like that lady said in the 05 dvd, "Win or lose... I love them."

Spurs fan till I die.

ShoogarBear
02-11-2010, 05:12 AM

Was this supposed to be some type of double-reverse sarcasm?

ezau
02-11-2010, 05:35 AM
Contrary to what most people think, I guess the FO did the right thing when they unloaded a bunch of veterans to acquire Dick. Aside from that, it made an effort to get younger. That only means that the FO is aware that the team needs to make some moves to stay relevant. The only problem is that the team's supposedly biggest acquisition is simply not working out.

Think about it, if Dick and Dice are giving the team the numbers and effort that we expect from them, how good can we be? I say, at the very least, we should be 3rd in the West. Add to that the monster games of Hill, Blair and the regular dose of the Big Three and we're definitely in good shape. To say the least,we should be contenders.

The FO had the right moves, the right idea, it's just not working out. It looked awesome on paper, but it's an entirely different thing when the players start playing together.

It's sad seeing this team go this low but you can't fault the FO for trying. IMHO, half of the failure of the team this season can be attributed to the coach and the inability to find chemistry. Talent-wise, who would say that this team doesn't have it? Sadly, it takes more than that to win games in the NBA.

Chomag
02-11-2010, 08:02 AM
I still don't think it all should be completely scrapped for this season yet. IMO This FO still can fix what they started even for this season as long as they look to try to fix where it's broken.

They spent all this money this season to try to keep the Spurs on top but it hasn't gone to plan. They should switch to different tactics, that's pretty much what most regular companies would do if they are not meeting their goals.

It's going to take alot of effort from the FO and the Team to right the ship, but I still feel it can be done.

SpurNation
02-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Contrary to what most people think, I guess the FO did the right thing when they unloaded a bunch of veterans to acquire Dick. Aside from that, it made an effort to get younger. That only means that the FO is aware that the team needs to make some moves to stay relevant. The only problem is that the team's supposedly biggest acquisition is simply not working out.

Think about it, if Dick and Dice are giving the team the numbers and effort that we expect from them, how good can we be? I say, at the very least, we should be 3rd in the West. Add to that the monster games of Hill, Blair and the regular dose of the Big Three and we're definitely in good shape. To say the least,we should be contenders.

The FO had the right moves, the right idea, it's just not working out. It looked awesome on paper, but it's an entirely different thing when the players start playing together.

It's sad seeing this team go this low but you can't fault the FO for trying. IMHO, half of the failure of the team this season can be attributed to the coach and the inability to find chemistry. Talent-wise, who would say that this team doesn't have it? Sadly, it takes more than that to win games in the NBA.

Good point. And most realize this but just can't come to grips about it. I mean...what do you do? You supposedly have all the tools to do the job and the tools just aren't working.

Can we get a recall on some of those tools? :toast

This season the Spurs seem to be the Toyota's of the league.

TJastal
02-11-2010, 09:00 AM
I still don't think it all should be completely scrapped for this season yet. IMO This FO still can fix what they started even for this season as long as they look to try to fix where it's broken.

They spent all this money this season to try to keep the Spurs on top but it hasn't gone to plan. They should switch to different tactics, that's pretty much what most regular companies would do if they are not meeting their goals.

It's going to take alot of effort from the FO and the Team to right the ship, but I still feel it can be done.

I don't think the season is a wash yet, either. The spurs just need a young athletic defensive minded shot blocker who can give the spurs some quality minutes and kick either Blair or Bonner out of the rotation. Unfortunately for Bonner, he's the one who's probably going to get the axe because of Blair's increasing popularity and amazing ability to rebound the basketball.

In their own ways, both Blair and Bonner are the ultimate one-trick ponies. Blair with his rebounding and Bonner with his 3 pt shooting. Neither one can play a lick of defense and that is why one or the other needs to go.

byrontx
02-11-2010, 06:10 PM

That is spot on with one addition: Pop needs to change his medication or something. His line-ups are hurting a bad situation and his refusal to play the younger players is compounding the problem. Gotta give to Holt, though. He really stepped up. It just has't worked out.

benefactor
02-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Here, I'll help you out.
http://arsjerm.net/misc/owned.jpg

ezau
02-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Good point. And most realize this but just can't come to grips about it. I mean...what do you do? You supposedly have all the tools to do the job and the tools just aren't working.

Can we get a recall on some of those tools? :toast

This season the Spurs seem to be the Toyota's of the league.

Exactly. In the NBA market, you can't return the things you bought when they fail to meet your expectations. The FO did its job, now it's time for the coaches and players to step up.

ezau
02-11-2010, 09:10 PM
I don't think the season is a wash yet, either. The spurs just need a young athletic defensive minded shot blocker who can give the spurs some quality minutes and kick either Blair or Bonner out of the rotation. Unfortunately for Bonner, he's the one who's probably going to get the axe because of Blair's increasing popularity and amazing ability to rebound the basketball.

In their own ways, both Blair and Bonner are the ultimate one-trick ponies. Blair with his rebounding and Bonner with his 3 pt shooting. Neither one can play a lick of defense and that is why one or the other needs to go.

When you say a young, defensive-minded big, there's only one guy that I can think that hopefully we can get: Anthony Randolph