per Marc Stein on Twitter
http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

also David Lee in for AI

crc21209
02-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Wow....Kidd? Seriously?

ChrisRichards
02-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Should've been Odom or Boozer. Maybe Monta Ellis at worst.

IronMexican
02-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Sweet. Glad he isn't playing. Lakers' need as much rest as possible right now.

sook
02-11-2010, 05:12 PM
i guess 9/9 is worthy of ASG numbers at this point. What a fucking joke. Monta ellis has been on a tear this season.

sook
02-11-2010, 05:13 PM
David Stern can go stick a cactus up his ass I don't understand why he gets to decide, just demonstrating his ruler powers i guess.

badfish22
02-11-2010, 05:17 PM
i guess 9/9 is worthy of ASG numbers at this point. What a fucking joke. Monta ellis has been on a tear this season.

Monta Ellis is also hurt

rAm
02-11-2010, 05:35 PM
can you even call the west all-stars anymore? its like the all-sub team

Darthkiller
02-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Cuban told Stern to do it.

ElNono
02-11-2010, 08:04 PM
:lol

lefty
02-11-2010, 08:07 PM
No Kobe

No CP3

No AI

Less ballhogging :elephant

Rogue
02-11-2010, 08:11 PM
son it's exactly how Stern handles this league as a business instead of pure sports. the ASG is held in Dallas where Jason Kidd is primarily a fan favorite, which makes up enough reason to pick Kidd over any other candidate.

Even with no supportive evidence, it's still easily presumed that those "injured" all-stars are just escaping their ASG duties by feigning discomforts, or they were persuaded by stern to give up the rooms for some higher-famed players that Stern want in ASG. ASG players are choices of coaches who don't care much about the financial business, hence Stern is obliged to replace them with his own picks that he thinks can polish the show better. NBA is a show, no surprise. :wakeup

FkLA
02-11-2010, 08:44 PM
So because the game is in Dallas we gotta put up with Cuban's demand to include more Mavs? Get the fuck outta here.

Evans, Brooks, Westbrook, Gay, and even Parker as bad as he's been are more deserving guards. If the replacement couldve been any position (since Lee replaced AI out East) big men like Boozer, Landry, and Marc Gasol are also more deserving. This pick is beyond idiotic.

Ghazi
02-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Kidd :)

Rogue
02-11-2010, 08:59 PM
So because the game is in Dallas we gotta put up with Cuban's demand to include more Mavs? Get the fuck outta here.

Evans, Brooks, Westbrook, Gay, and even Parker as bad as he's been are more deserving guards. If the replacement couldve been any position (since Lee replaced AI out East) big men like Boozer, Landry, and Marc Gasol are also more deserving. This pick is beyond idiotic.
no one is announcing Kidd as the most deserving one you scummy motherfucker. It just made you equally retarded as Mark Cuban when you named the likes of Evans and Brooks as better guards than Kidd at this point of time. Dudes both currently serve on lottery crews where they have no problems jacking up shots without giving a shit about D.

FkLA
02-11-2010, 09:13 PM
no one is announcing Kidd as the most deserving one you scummy motherfucker. It just made you equally retarded as Mark Cuban when you named the likes of Evans and Brooks as better guards than Kidd at this point of time. Dudes both currently serve on lottery crews where they have no problems jacking up shots without giving a shit about D.

And Im not dissing any of u Mavette fans with my post either, Im dissing Cuban himself for lobbying for this BS selection. Also Brooks is on a team that has overachieved, and has done more than was expected...sure theyve cooled off after their nice start but so have your Mavs. What are they like 4-6 their last 10? So dont act like your team is suddenly astronomically better than the Rockets. Evans is better and more deserving than Kidd as well, your a moron if you think otherwise. Being on the fringe of 20-5-5 as a rookie is impressive regardless of how bad his team is.

mystargtr34
02-11-2010, 09:18 PM
That is a bit of a surprise.

mystargtr34
02-11-2010, 09:19 PM
And a bit of a joke..

Rogue
02-11-2010, 09:23 PM
And Im not dissing any of u Mavette fans with my post either, Im dissing Cuban himself for lobbying for this BS selection. Also Brooks is on a team that has overachieved, and has done more than was expected...sure theyve cooled off after their nice start but so have your Mavs. What are they like 4-6 their last 10? So dont act like your team is suddenly astronomically better than the Rockets. Evans is better and more deserving than Kidd as well, your a moron if you think otherwise. Being on the fringe of 20-5-5 as a rookie is impressive regardless of how bad his team is.
despite how impressive Evans has been, snubbing him from ASG this year is exactly a fair treat for him as Kevin Durant also wasn't selected all-star in his rookie year and even in sophomore year. I'm not sure what on earth the reason is but that's exactly the way how it works. You don't have any visible reason to love the girl you love like crazy but you just do it and have to accept how it is anyways.

mavsfan1000
02-11-2010, 09:24 PM
I really think they need to take Michael Jordan out of retirement and make him an all-star to. lol

kamikazi_player
02-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Kidd an allstar? Monta Ellis, Aaron Brooks, Carlos Boozer, hell, I would consider Andrew Bynum to replace Kobe. But since there are too many centers, Monta Ellis,Aaron Brooks, or maybe even Russell Westbrook would have been good choices.

badfish22
02-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Kidd an allstar? Monta Ellis, Aaron Brooks, Carlos Boozer, hell, I would consider Andrew Bynum to replace Kobe. But since there are too many centers, Monta Ellis,Aaron Brooks, or maybe even Russell Westbrook would have been good choices.

Monta Ellis is injured

RsxPiimp
02-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Westbrook is good but he does'nt deserve the spot over Kidd. Kid can wait. however, I think other players desrves it better than Kidd. Just my $2.00

FkLA
02-11-2010, 09:41 PM
despite how impressive Evans has been, snubbing him from ASG this year is exactly a fair treat for him as Kevin Durant also wasn't selected all-star in his rookie year and even in sophomore year. I'm not sure what on earth the reason is but that's exactly the way how it works. You don't have any visible reason to love the girl you love like crazy but you just do it and have to accept how it is anyways.

I dont actually have a problem with Evans not making it, as much as I have a problem with Kidd making it over him. If it wouldve gone to some of the other players I listed I wouldnt think too much about Evans being left out.

Westbrook is good but he does'nt deserve the spot over Kidd. Kid can wait. however, I think other players desrves it better than Kidd. Just my $2.00

:lol

kamikazi_player
02-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Monta Ellis is injured
Still doesn't explain Aaron Brooks or even Russell Westbrook

badfish22
02-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Still doesn't explain Aaron Brooks or even Russell Westbrook
There are enough scorers on the team. It needed some passers. And who cares if Kidd can't defend Rose worth a shit? Does anyone defend at the all-star game?

FkLA
02-11-2010, 09:57 PM
There are enough scorers on the team. It needed some passers. And who cares if Kidd can't defend Rose worth a shit? Does anyone defend at the all-star game?

Kidd is no longer all-star caliber at this point in his career. His selection is not justifiable regardless of what type of player he is and what type of players the more deserving guys are. Just chalk this up to Cuban's bitching and move on, no need to try to justify the unjustifiable.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Nuggets coach George Karl said Thursday night he likely will choose Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki over Denver's Chauncey Billups to replace injured Lakers star Kobe Bryant in the Western Conference starting lineup for Sunday's All-Star Game.

"My gut feeling is I would choose either Chauncey or Dirk, and to be honest with you I'd probably lean towards Dirk," said Karl, who will coach the West all-stars.
Karl cited the game being in Dallas as the reason why.
"Yeah, the karma of the game is 100,000 people," Karl said. "I think it would be good to give Dallas a representative. They've had a good year."

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_14385630#ixzz0fHq4sa3P

TimmehC
02-11-2010, 10:04 PM

Yeah, Nash and Deron totally suck at passing.

badfish22
02-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Kidd is no longer all-star caliber at this point in his career. His selection is not justifiable regardless of what type of player he is and what type of players the more deserving guys are. Just chalk this up to Cuban's bitching and move on, no need to try to justify the unjustifiable.

Of course hes not all star caliber. Thats why it took half the league getting hurt for him to sneak in.

MI21
02-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Kidd will make the game better with his passing, will lead to more highlights for sure.

That said, he isn't All-Star caliber, even as a call up after injuries.

badfish22
02-11-2010, 10:22 PM
And I never said the Kidd would be my choice for the ASG. Its just that, considering the players left, it doesnt seem like that ludicrous of a choice. The ASG being in Dallas certainly didn't hurt either

FkLA
02-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Of course hes not all star caliber. Thats why it took half the league getting hurt for him to sneak in.

He's not worthy of being a replacement either. He had no business sneaking in. Not when there's like 10 players that wouldve been more deserving replacements.

Fpoonsie
02-11-2010, 10:50 PM
I've got no problem w/ Kidd playin'. Starting? Maybe not, but it's just a fucking spectacle.

It's not THAT big a' deal. Not sure why everybody's gettin so riled up.