PDA

View Full Version : Wilfork getting the tag

IronMexican
02-11-2010, 05:01 PM
I thought a major part of the reason Seymour was getting traded was to be able to have enough money to Re-sign Wilfork? NE has to work a deal with him next season before it gets too ridiculous to tag.

Dr. Gonzo
02-11-2010, 05:03 PM
I think I remember reading that he would be insulted if the franchised him. I wonder how this will play into his attitude next season.

IronMexican
02-11-2010, 05:05 PM
I think I remember reading that he would be insulted if the franchised him. I wonder how this will play into his attitude next season.

No player likes getting tagged. It could be all talk. Remember Asante Samuel said he was never going to play another down for the Patriots again? He also dropped a game clinching INT in the Super Bowl.

Dr. Gonzo
02-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Well that was back when the Patriots were contenders year in and year out. I don't see that as being the case anymore.

bostonguy
02-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Damn. This isn't good. :depressed

Dr. Gonzo
02-11-2010, 05:16 PM
At least he won't go as far as writing "Pay Me" on his shoes.

san antonio spurs
02-11-2010, 06:04 PM
No player likes getting tagged. It could be all talk. Remember Asante Samuel said he was never going to play another down for the Patriots again? He also dropped a game clinching INT in the Super Bowl.

Assante recently advised WILFORK in a radio interview to not care about the pats because the pats don't care about him. Assante has been bitter about the pats since they tagged him, and I believe it was the right move to not break the bank for him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Good idea New England. Piss off the anchor to your D who's just as valuable as anyone else on that side of the ball. Bright side here I guess is that they know how important he is and don't want to risk losing him. I was worried Belichick would pull an, "I'm Bill fucking Belichick, this guy is nothing without me and is easily replaceable" like what he did with Mike Vrabel and Richard Seymour.

DBryant88
02-12-2010, 11:53 AM
If Wilfork is gone then here is whats for sale at the FA market:

R. Seymour-Maybe when hell freezes over
A.Franklin-Solid run defender but weak against the pass
C.Hampton-A 5-7 guy who is ideal for any team running the 3-4 alignment
R.Pickett- Very good against the run, but has not had oppurtunities on passing downs
T.Brown- Underrated pass rusher who understands his job
other notables:
Kendrick Clancey
Barry Cofield
Jason Ferguson
Kedric Golston
Tank Johnson
Travis Johnson
Fred Robbins
Clifton Ryan
Tank Tyler

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Franklin would be the only semi-decent replacement. All the others would have a huge drop off.

IronMexican
02-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Ryan Pickett is a beast as well.

DBryant88
02-13-2010, 10:27 PM
if hampton was younger then yes

san antonio spurs
03-06-2010, 12:02 PM
WILFORK resigned by the pats
http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter : Pats DT Vince Wilfork reaches agreement with NE on five-year, $40 million deal that includes $18 million signing bonus, $25 milion gtd

Great deal by the pats. After the Jets traded for Cromartie and the Phins signed Dansby, they had to do this. And WILFORK just gave Bill a huge hometown discount. Great signing.

Goran Dragic
03-06-2010, 12:05 PM
I know Mex is gonna give me shit for the Cardinals/Patriots thing, but this was the one piece of good news in free agency yesterday. Good to see NE didn't let the situation drag out and took care of business asap. Now they need to worry about filling holes. IMO they should have ponied up a 2nd round pick if it netted them Anquan Boldin.

IronMexican
03-06-2010, 12:06 PM
I know Mex is gonna give me shit for the Cardinals/Patriots thing, but this was the one piece of good news in free agency yesterday. Good to see NE didn't let the situation drag out and took care of business asap. Now they need to worry about filling holes. IMO they should have ponied up a 2nd round pick if it netted them Anquan Boldin.

Give you shit? Raiders, Pats, Saints, Eagles and Ravens for lyfe.

Goran Dragic
03-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Give you shit? Raiders, Pats, Saints, Eagles and Ravens for lyfe.

Son at least that's not as bad as the Saints/Colts fan who showed up a week before the superbowl.

san antonio spurs
03-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Son at least that's not as bad as the Saints/Colts fan who showed up a week before the superbowl.
What do colts fans think now that their regular season dynasty is in jeopardy because Sorgi was released

Goran Dragic
03-06-2010, 12:15 PM
What do colts fans think now that their regular season dynasty is in jeopardy because Sorgi was released

:lmao you mean the best backup in NFL history?

san antonio spurs
03-06-2010, 12:16 PM
:lmao you mean the best backup in NFL history?

That one :lmao
What is he gonna do with his life now?

monosylab1k
03-06-2010, 02:31 PM
can you imagine the chode explosion that would happen to dirk4mvp if the Colts drafted lol Snead? he'll probably be a late round guy as it is, so it could happen.

Goran Dragic
03-06-2010, 04:40 PM
can you imagine the chode explosion that would happen to dirk4mvp if the Colts drafted lol Snead? he'll probably be a late round guy as it is, so it could happen.

Hopefully he'll be half the backup Jim muthafuckin Sorgi was.

IronMexican
03-06-2010, 05:40 PM
With Wilfork being happy, we're(Pats) unstoppable now.