PDA

View Full Version : Suppose Michael Jordan never existed....

D2Procon
02-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Who would win the finals (Eastern Conference Finals team moves to the finals)

1991 - Detroit Pistons vs L.A Lakers (Lakers in 6)

1992 - Cleveland Cavaliers vs Portland Trailblazers (Blazers in 5)

1993 - New York Knicks vs Phoenix Suns (Knicks in 7)

1996 - Orlando Magic vs Seattle Supersonics (Magic in 6)

1997 - Utah Jazz vs Miami Heat (Jazz in 5)

1998 - Utah Jazz vs Indiana Pacers (Pacers in 7)

Man as much as I like Michael Jordan, if he wasn't there boy would the 90's have been even better. Those are some nice matchups

XFactor
02-11-2010, 07:12 PM
I would love to watch Knicks vs Suns and Jazz vs Pacers.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Knicks Suns would have been a great series. IMO the Suns win it largely cause of home court advantage.

ChrisRichards
02-11-2010, 07:18 PM
97 Miami Heat is special. I love that team. Would be nice to see Mourning and Tim Hardaway win a championship ring in their primes.

Pelicans78
02-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Michael Jordan was flat out evil and selfish. He could have shared some of his rings. Asshole.

lefty
02-11-2010, 08:16 PM
1991 - Detroit Pistons vs L.A Lakers (Lakers in 6); yep, because Sisiah had a wrist injury

1992 - Cleveland Cavaliers vs Portland Trailblazers (Blazers in 6)

1993 - New York Knicks vs Phoenix Suns (Knicks in 7)

1996 - Orlando Magic vs Seattle Supersonics (Sonics in 6)

1997 - Utah Jazz vs Miami Heat (Jazz in 5)

1998 - Utah Jazz vs Indiana Pacers (Jazz in 6)

baseline bum
02-11-2010, 08:20 PM
I could never see Orlando beating the 96 Sonics. I also would take Phoenix as a pretty strong favorite over New York. Utah / Indy in 98 would be an amazing series though. Still, I don't see any of those being as much fun as the matchups Chicago was in.

MiamiHeat
02-11-2010, 08:22 PM
97 Miami Heat is special. I love that team. Would be nice to see Mourning and Tim Hardaway win a championship ring in their primes.

I'm beginning to think you have gone insane. Literally, clinically insane

resistanze
02-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Of course, it's possible that any team the Bulls faced in their first two rounds could've also conceivably made the finals. But a Magic-Sonics series would be nice.

ChrisRichards
02-11-2010, 08:31 PM
That was Hardaway's last and best season as a Heat. I always loved that guy even when during his TMC days. Can't say anything bad about Mourning. He's a warrior on and off the court. That was a great season.

Of course young kids like you would'nt know this. y'all are stuck in the Dwyane Wade era.

ChrisRichards
02-11-2010, 08:32 PM
I could never see Orlando beating the 96 Sonics. I also would take Phoenix as a pretty strong favorite over New York. Utah / Indy in 98 would be an amazing series though. Still, I don't see any of those being as much fun as the matchups Chicago was in.
Matchups Brah. Shaq would eat Jim McIlvaine and Shawn Kemp in the post.

Pelicans78
02-11-2010, 08:35 PM

Sam Perkins started at center in the playoffs and he would draw Shaq to the perimeter allowing the Reign man to roam free in the paint. Not sure if the Glove would have contained Penny, but Detlef was a top 5 SF during the time. It would have been a nice matchup.

MiamiHeat
02-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Who gives a shit, you in the Kobe era.

it's the LeBron era.

Pelicans78
02-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Actually it has been the Shaq and Duncan era since they won the most Finals MVP, but Kobe has the mantle right now. Can't be the Lebron era until he wins a Finals MVP.

D2Procon
02-11-2010, 08:49 PM

Those Knicks Bulls series always went down to the final minute. I can't see the Suns beating the Knicks. Even the Bulls had trouble with them.

23LeBronJames23
02-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Sonics would of won 96 Finals no doubt

baseline bum
02-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Those Knicks Bulls series always went down to the final minute. I can't see the Suns beating the Knicks. Even the Bulls had trouble with them.

I remember that NY team getting the backdoor sweep from Chicago and then blowing the Finals the next year to a much weaker Houston team. That Phoenix team had an amazing starting lineup and then Tom Chambers, Danny Ainge, and Cedric Ceballos off the bench. I think they would have mopped the floor with New York.

baseline bum
02-11-2010, 09:13 PM

2000 Shaq would have won that series, but not 96 Shaq.

ezau
02-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Who gives a shit, you in the Kobe era.

When did the Kobe era happen? All throughout the decade, it's all about Shaq and Duncan. Kobe was just lurking in the shadows before he finally won a ring* with his team stacked to the nth degree. From this point on, Lebron owns the league and you know it brah

D2Procon
02-11-2010, 09:16 PM
I remember that NY team getting the backdoor sweep from Chicago and then blowing the Finals the next year to a much weaker Houston team. That Phoenix team had an amazing starting lineup and then Tom Chambers, Danny Ainge, and Cedric Ceballos off the bench. I think they would have mopped the floor with New York.

That backdoor sweep was in 1992.

Patrick Ewing would mop the floor with Mark West.

John Starks and KG were practically the same that year.....

Barkley would own Charles Oakley, but dont underestimate Oakley's defensive rebounding.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-11-2010, 09:18 PM

Barkley would own Charles Oakley, but dont underestimate Oakley's defensive rebounding.

:lmao comparing KJ and John Starks.

ezau
02-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Kobe was awarded player of the decade over Snaq and Gumby. He currently owns the title, and is primed for another 4-5 year run. Deal with it, son.

Athlete of the decade for riding Shaq from 2000-2002, while missing the playoffs in 05? That award is bullshit and anyone with half a brain knows that it means nothing. And what 4-5 year run? At the rate that his body is breaking down, he'd be lucky to extend his career for two more years. Mileage and time son, you can't escape it

XFactor
02-11-2010, 09:24 PM
The Phoenix Suns would dominate the Knicks...... Remember the '93 Knicks did not have Mark Jackson or Xavier Daniels. And to say John Starks is better than KJ insulting....

ezau
02-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Thats why we have Bynum, Pau, Odom, and Artest to carry him the rest of the way. We wont run him ragged like you guys did Duncan. Now he can't even take a shit without his ass hitting the floor first.

Son, admit that Pau is the Lakers' leader. Kobe is still their best perimeter player but he's no longer the Lakers' main guy. Admit it son.

mojorizen7
02-11-2010, 09:31 PM
:lmao comparing KJ and John Starks.

That is pretty funny. :lol

SUNS woulda mopped the floor with the Knickerbockers in '92.
As a matter of fact....they did.
http://breadcity.org/2009/07/13/knicks-vs-suns-1993/(complete version):lol

Ok it woulda been a close 7 game series but seriously....KJ/Barkley/Majerle>>>>>Starks/Ewing/????? Oakley? Mason???? Greg Anthony? :lol

Riley was the only area the SUNS were outclassed in. The Knicks couldn't score with that SUNS team, and they played just enough defense to get by against the weaker offensive teams....like NY.

SUNS in 7

Reality: we're still 0'fer whatever the fuck.....:bang

RsxPiimp
02-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Dude, are you fucking with us? Is that a Tranny in your sig?
What a porky tranny that is:lol

mojorizen7
02-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Dude, are you fucking with us? Is that a Tranny in your sig?

I don't know bro....i can't see past the ass :toast
I don't think so :wakeup
Who's the chick in your avatar?

Xylus
02-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Comparing KJ to Starks is like comparing CP3 to Aaron Brooks. Brooks is a good player, but is he Chris Paul?

TheMACHINE
02-12-2010, 12:14 AM
91 Lakers would have beaten Jordan's Bulls if the Lakers werent injured.

JoeTait75
02-12-2010, 12:38 AM
Knicks wouldn't have won squat in the '90s even with Jordan not around. All they could do was thug it up. Actually, that team wouldn't have even existed without Jordan, because they were built specifically to beat the crap out of Jordan in the Playoffs.

Without Jordan the West's ascent would have taken place nearly a decade earlier. No one in the East could hang with the early '90s Blazers, the Barkley Suns, the Kemp-Payton Sonics or the Stockton-Malone Jazz.

baseline bum
02-12-2010, 12:51 AM

No it wasn't. It was 1993.

Not as bad as the Suns depth would kill the rest of the Knicks.

ROFL

baseline bum
02-12-2010, 12:57 AM
That is pretty funny. :lol

SUNS woulda mopped the floor with the Knickerbockers in '92.
As a matter of fact....they did.
http://breadcity.org/2009/07/13/knicks-vs-suns-1993/(complete version):lol

Ok it woulda been a close 7 game series but seriously....KJ/Barkley/Majerle>>>>>Starks/Ewing/????? Oakley? Mason???? Greg Anthony? :lol

Riley was the only area the SUNS were outclassed in. The Knicks couldn't score with that SUNS team, and they played just enough defense to get by against the weaker offensive teams....like NY.

SUNS in 7

Reality: we're still 0'fer whatever the fuck.....:bang

They fucked up bigtime trading Mark Jackson to the Clippers that year. They probably would have gotten a ring in the next couple of years had they not made that idiotic move.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-12-2010, 12:59 AM
It's really a shame KJ had those injuries that compromised his career. The Suns probably beat the Bulls in 1993 if they had KJ circa 1990-1991.

mojorizen7
02-12-2010, 03:49 AM
It's really a shame KJ had those injuries that compromised his career. The Suns probably beat the Bulls in 1993 if they had KJ circa 1990-1991.
Yeah, KJ took a pounding for Cotton Fitzsimmons teams, but it made him a star.
Not having Ced in the '93 Finals was huge. His offensive rebounding and garbage putbacks would have helped out immensely. That 1-2 punch of Richard Dumas and Ced Ceballos at SF was insane. Man , sometimes i forget just how deep that team was.....smallish up front, but deep.

KJ,Majerle,Ainge,Barkley,Chambers,Dumas,Ceballos,W est,Miller.
:wakeupThat team woulda chewed up and spit out D'Antoni's one-dimensional teams.
Barkley would've looked like Wilt Chamberlain against Amare.