PDA

View Full Version : Doug Collins is the Robin Williams of color broadcasting

picc84
02-12-2010, 12:59 AM
Dude just doesn't know how to shut the fuck up.

Melo could tug on his armsleeve and Collins would analyze that shit for 10 minutes.

HarlemHeat37
02-12-2010, 01:08 AM
He really is annoying..almost every "analyst" that does the NBA is horrible nowadays..

Leetonidas
02-12-2010, 01:09 AM
Really? I hate most color analysts, but I actually enjoy Doug Collins.

Xylus
02-12-2010, 01:18 AM
I love Doug Collins. This thread is whack!

Frenzy
02-12-2010, 01:19 AM

:tu

j.dizzle
02-12-2010, 01:20 AM
Doug Collins knows a lot but he just talks & talks & talks..u get sick of that shit..Would rather listen to him then that faggot Reggie Miller though hahaha

picc84
02-12-2010, 01:35 AM

He knows a lot about ball. What he doesn't know is that he doesn't have to comment on every goddamn thing that happens from the moment he sits his James Woods looking ass down to the second the buzzer sounds.

admiralsnackbar
02-12-2010, 02:34 AM
Doug Collins is OK as long as he's not broadcasting a Laker game.

In his defense, I imagine it's hard to talk with Kobe's dick in his mouth.

ElNono
02-12-2010, 02:35 AM
He knows a lot about ball.

He just doesn't know when to shut up.

blkroadrunners
02-12-2010, 02:38 AM
At first I found him really annoying, but after hearing idiots like Reggie Miller and Marc Jackson commentate, it made realize how much I take the kat for granted.

timvp
02-12-2010, 02:51 AM
Collins has like five talking points about each team and just repeats them over and over and over and over and over.

Obstructed_View
02-12-2010, 02:56 AM
I like Collins, if for no other reason than his "When the Pistons score more points than their opponent they have an excellent chance of winning" line from a few years ago.

newacc
02-12-2010, 03:05 AM
Did anybody catch the part about Dick Stockton not voting for him or something like that? Stockton had praised Collins and then Doug called him on it. Stockton said you weren't supposed to know that. I was half paying attention so I only caught part of it. Sounded interesting though because it seemed awkward for the following 3 seconds.

mingus
02-12-2010, 05:26 AM
Collins just jumps on the dick of whichever team is winning the game at the time, and if the other team catches up or takes the lead he'll ride that team's dick, and act like he forgot what the other team's dick tastes like.

DMX7
02-12-2010, 05:36 AM
Collins just jumps on the dick of whichever team is winning the game at the time, and if the other team catches up or takes the lead he'll ride that team's dick, and act like he forgot what the other team's dick tastes like.

hmm... interesting analogy

Kori Ellis
02-12-2010, 06:51 AM
Collins has like five talking points about each team and just repeats them over and over and over and over and over.

This is true. In last night's Spurs game, he repeated the exact same talking points from the last time he called a Spurs game. It was almost verbatim. That's so odd to me. I mean, I know he needs to prepare but he should be able to come up with some new material. If anyone has the last two Spurs games he called taped, go back and listen.. it's so odd.

MaNu4Tres
02-12-2010, 06:58 AM

" Manu Ginobili is what makes this team so special. When he is on he makes this team very dangerous." - Doug Collins right before Ginobili checks in for the first time.

ezau
02-12-2010, 07:13 AM
At first I found him really annoying, but after hearing idiots like Reggie Miller and Marc Jackson commentate, it made realize how much I take the kat for granted.

LMAO at your avatar

AussieFanKurt
02-12-2010, 08:59 AM
I don't mind Marc Jackson, everyone seems to hate him. Doug Collins is alright but yeah he over-analyzes

Rogue
02-13-2010, 11:45 PM
This is true. In last night's Spurs game, he repeated the exact same talking points from the last time he called a Spurs game. It was almost verbatim. That's so odd to me. I mean, I know he needs to prepare but he should be able to come up with some new material. If anyone has the last two Spurs games he called taped, go back and listen.. it's so odd.
LOL why did he need to prepare for a show he called? He was just listening for fun and it's for the same only reason he called it. You as well as all your colleagues are earning paychecks doing what you do on air while your clients have to pay for calling, given that your number isn't toll free.

Capt Bringdown
02-14-2010, 12:50 AM
More like the Brent Fowler of color broadcasting.