PDA

View Full Version : 48MoH: Denver Nuggets 92, San Antonio Spurs 111

Blackjack
02-12-2010, 03:38 AM
Denver Nuggets 92, San Antonio Spurs 111
by Andrew A. McNeill

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/hill_anthony.jpg

Thursday night’s contest between the Spurs and Nuggets, the last game on the NBA’s slate before All-Star Weekend, had the feeling of a Friday afternoon class leading into Christmas vacation.

The Nuggets simply wanted the time to fly by so they could get started on celebrating the occasion. The fourth quarter dragged on like the last 15 minutes of that class, with the Nuggets left wondering if the teacher was going to let everyone out early.

And the Spurs were the annoying kid who kept asking questions.

Keep reading → (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2010/02/11/denver-nuggets-92-san-antonio-spurs-111/#more-6422)

Kuestmaster
02-12-2010, 04:42 AM
with this quote

"Without Tony Parker, who was missing with an injured hip and suspiciously not on the bench during the game, George Hill lead the Spurs with 17 points, six rebounds, four assists and two steals. Conversely, he also managed to commit five turnovers."

do you think they are trying to imply that TP is not very involved with the team? or maybe they are suggesting that could be a trade?

c'mon tony, it was our last game before the all star break, you could go with eva after the game vs nuggets

Kori Ellis
02-12-2010, 04:51 AM
I don't think it was "suspicious" ... didn't they say Parker was getting treatment in the locker room?

Anyway... one thing that 48MOH needs to fix is listing the scores like "Denver Nuggets 92, San Antonio Spurs 111". You are always supposed to list the high score first.

ulosturedge
02-12-2010, 10:58 AM
with this quote

"Without Tony Parker, who was missing with an injured hip and suspiciously not on the bench during the game, George Hill lead the Spurs with 17 points, six rebounds, four assists and two steals. Conversely, he also managed to commit five turnovers."

do you think they are trying to imply that TP is not very involved with the team? or maybe they are suggesting that could be a trade?

c'mon tony, it was our last game before the all star break, you could go with eva after the game vs nuggets

I took it more of a pyschological move. Have you heard the term "out of sight out of mind"? Probably helps keep the team from dwelling on the fact they are down a player. They will just focus on playing. I think Pop pulled a page out of Phil's book. Phil had done that with Kobe when we faced them and they utterly destroyed us.

ajballer4
02-12-2010, 11:17 AM
I thought RJ played great D for once against Melo. Anyone else agree?

ElNono
02-12-2010, 11:29 AM
I don't think it was "suspicious" ... didn't they say Parker was getting treatment in the locker room?

Anyway... one thing that 48MOH needs to fix is listing the scores like "Denver Nuggets 92, San Antonio Spurs 111". You are always supposed to list the high score first.

Really? I was under the impression you always list Away Team (@,vs,comma) Home Team in that order. That would make the title still backwards, which I thought was odd, but just wondering.

Mr. Body
02-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Americans generally put home team second in schedules, as in 'Denver at San Antonio'. Europeans (at least Brits) put the home team first, as in 'Everton hosting Tottenham'.

Once a winner has been decided, of course, you put the winning score first.

ElNono
02-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Americans generally put home team second in schedules, as in 'Denver at San Antonio'. Europeans (at least Brits) put the home team first, as in 'Everton hosting Tottenham'.

I can confirm South Americans do it like Euros.

Once a winner has been decided, of course, you put the winning score first.

Really? News to me. Thanks.

SenorSpur
02-12-2010, 12:53 PM
I thought RJ played great D for once against Melo. Anyone else agree?

By is own miserable standards, I guess you could say it was an improvement. By normal Spurs standards, he still sucked - just not as much as previously.

kace
02-12-2010, 01:25 PM
well, in France, and i think that's mainly the case too in europe, you list the home team first, whatever the winner is.

Russ
02-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Really? I was under the impression you always list Away Team (@,vs,comma) Home Team in that order. That would make the title still backwards, which I thought was odd, but just wondering.

Actually, the correct format is not with either team listed first (or last) on the same line.

This the only right way:

San Antonio 111
Denver 92

Vistor on top and home below.

Now eat your spinach.

sa_kid20
02-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Actually, the correct format is not with either team listed first (or last) on the same line.

This the only right way:

San Antonio 111
Denver 92

Vistor on top and home below.

Now eat your spinach.

This is true. It has nothing to do with high score or whatever. Although if the score is on the same line then the away team is on the left & home team on the right like ElNono said. Just go to ESPN or Nba.com and look for yourselves.

8FOR!3
02-12-2010, 03:58 PM
By is own miserable standards, I guess you could say it was an improvement. By normal Spurs standards, he still sucked - just not as much as previously.

Ehh, not really. Maybe you're just looking at stats, but RJ shut down Melo for most of that game.

Mr. Body
02-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Really? News to me. Thanks.

I should say, generally in the US you list the winner first.

mathbzh
02-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Boring day?

5in10
02-12-2010, 04:53 PM
^ hahahahahah

ElNono
02-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Boring day?

Pretty much tells you what's the article like...