PDA

View Full Version : CC...1....skunks ...0

CosmicCowboy
04-29-2005, 11:42 PM
oh yeah!....little SOB has been trashing shit around here...he made the mistake of getting up too early while I was still up...I hauled ass inside and grabbed the pellet gun...cut him off from the woods and herded him towards the streetlight...running shot clean through from ear to ear...cartwhell and flip...didn't even have time to stink up the neighborhood...

sorry if that offends you but I fucking hate skunks... :hat

Kori Ellis
04-29-2005, 11:49 PM
Off topic: I'm assuming Mrs. Cowboy is out of town.

CosmicCowboy
04-30-2005, 01:01 AM
yep...

MannyIsGod
04-30-2005, 01:31 AM
:lmao awesome dude.

Jess' complex has a skunk problem, but I thinkthey set out enough traps and got them all. I nearly tripped over one of the fuckers several times. They burrow too damn close to homes and make everything stink.

I don't care that you shot one, it's not like they're in short supply. Those fuckers are EVERYWHERE.

desflood
04-30-2005, 01:35 AM
There's one that trolls around our neighborhood every couple of weeks. So far, the dog's only been sprayed once.

SpursWoman
04-30-2005, 07:21 AM
I've been pretty lucky this years so far (knock on wood) ... the normal influx of skunks eating all my cats' food hasn't happened yet.

:)

Shelly
04-30-2005, 08:34 AM
There's one that trolls around our neighborhood every couple of weeks. So far, the dog's only been sprayed once.

Does tomato juice really get the smell out?

desflood
04-30-2005, 09:13 AM
I've heard from reliable sources it does, but we went to Petco or Petsmart (whichever was closer) and got this stuff specifically made to eliminate skunk odor. Stuff worked like a charm.

CosmicCowboy
04-30-2005, 11:21 AM
Does tomato juice really get the smell out?

nothing that I have found gets rid of a direct hit...my heeler got a full load from close range once...that skunk spray is really strange stuff...in high concentration it's like it doesn't smell like skunk smell...it's almost like it has to disperse down to a lower concentration to get the funky smell...I let her into the house and she walked right by me at the door and she was hit so hard I didn't smell anything till she was already in the next room...then it hit like an olfactory explosion that practically took me to my knees gagging...by this time she had been trotting through the whole house checking out where everyone was...by the time I got her caught and got her back outside our house was trashed and we had to evacuate...we opened all the windows we could but we still had to move out for three days...

I probably washed her a dozen times using all the traditional remedies like tomato juice plus the commercial products...It got the smell down to a level where your stomach didn't start heaving when you were next to her but traces of the smell probably lingered for two weeks...

AlamoSpursFan
04-30-2005, 11:27 AM
I hit a skunk not too long ago and he got off a full load of stench before the radiator went through his brain.

That Febreeze stuff works wonders on car upholstery...

Shelly
04-30-2005, 11:49 AM
Yuck, CC!

Poor dog (and you!)

Tres_Till_it_MHz
04-30-2005, 12:36 PM
I lived over by SeaWorld and had an outside closet where I kept all my fishing gear. One day I went out to grab my gear for a coastal trip. It was about four in the am and as I stood at the door pulling stuff out I look down to see two little beady eyes looking back up at me. It took a second or two to register as I rubbed my eyes from a peaceful nights slumber but when I saw the white stripe along its back for a second time I quickly slammed the door shut and ran about twenty feet back. Damn that was a close call. Now how the phuck am I gonna get the rest of my gear out of the closet without getting sprayed?? After a cup of joe I figured I would just tie some line to the door nob and crack the door open and reel from a safe distance to open the door. Door now wide open and little bastard is just kicking back with no concern for the morning bite. I go back inside to get some some bread to coax this bastard out of the closet, I tie a piece of bread on one of my trout rods and cast to the critter. It gets his attention and he goes for the bait. Yes, it was working. As he came out of the closet I was in awe of actually how big this bastard was. So i drag the bread further from the closet and he catches it, pulls it off the line the runs with bread in mouth heading back to the closet. Ohh Shnap the fucker crawls back into the closet and my trip to the coast was postponed three more hours until he finally left. I wondered for days how this fucker actually got into the closet in the first place.

SpursWoman
04-30-2005, 12:44 PM
nothing that I have found gets rid of a direct hit...my heeler got a full load from close range once...that skunk spray is really strange stuff...in high concentration it's like it doesn't smell like skunk smell...it's almost like it has to disperse down to a lower concentration to get the funky smell...I let her into the house and she walked right by me at the door and she was hit so hard I didn't smell anything till she was already in the next room...then it hit like an olfactory explosion that practically took me to my knees gagging...by this time she had been trotting through the whole house checking out where everyone was...by the time I got her caught and got her back outside our house was trashed and we had to evacuate...we opened all the windows we could but we still had to move out for three days...

:lol

The exact same think happened with my dog....I let that fucker in the back door and didn't get a good whiff until after he was trying to rub it all off of his face on the carpet. What really sucked was it was really cold and rainy for quite a few days after...so it was hard leaving the windows open to air out the house. What really freaked me out was when his mouth started foaming. I called the emergency pet clinic and fortunately they said that was normal. He got shot point-blank...and his eyes swelled shut, too. :oops :lol

That was horrendous. The tomato juice worked okay on the dog...but I couldn't find shit to get it out of the carpet.

Shelly
04-30-2005, 01:10 PM
It was about four in the am and as I stood at the door pulling stuff out I look down to see two little beady eyes looking back up at me. It took a second or two to register as I rubbed my eyes from a peaceful nights slumber but when I saw the white stripe along its back for a second time

http://www.omelete.com.br/imagens/televisao/artigos/josie_e_as_gatinhas/alexandra.jpg

Tres_Till_it_MHz
04-30-2005, 01:48 PM
Damn girl that is too phuckin funny!! :lmao

nickbroken
04-30-2005, 03:44 PM
From what I understand Tomato juice doesn't work, it's just an old wives tale that will have you smelling like skunk and tomato juice, haha I hear perioxide, liquid soap and baking soda work, but mostly think just the hydrogen perioxide does the trick..granted I have never been sparyed by a skunk, since there aren't many in las vegas.

herbivore female
04-30-2005, 04:04 PM
Are you sure you didn't actually shoot a hottie on a honeymoon at her cousin's house who stepped out to get the morning paper?

Upon being stung with the bullet she got so turned on she ran over to you thrashing her clothes off of her, all the while begging you to have sex.

Then after you turned her down, she told 8 of her hottest friends about you and they all wanted you to shoot them too so they could take their clothes off in hunger, longing for you.

Eventually, it got in the newspaper and internet and girls all over the world were begging you to have sex with them?

CosmicCowboy
04-30-2005, 04:21 PM
Are you sure you didn't actually shoot a hottie on a honeymoon at her cousin's house who stepped out to get the morning paper?

Upon being stung with the bullet she got so turned on she ran over to you thrashing her clothes off of her, all the while begging you to have sex.

Then after you turned her down, she told 8 of her hottest friends about you and they all wanted you to shoot them too so they could take their clothes off in hunger, longing for you.

Eventually, it got in the newspaper and internet and girls all over the world were begging you to have sex with them?

:lmao

glad to have you back herbie...

BTW WalMart has D cells on sale today so theres still time to "energize" your date for tonight...

herbivore female
04-30-2005, 04:28 PM
:lol

Nitro actually takes triple A, but i do appreciate the heads up on the inventory.

Now are you sure some hottie didn't just burst through your window and try to seduce you?

CosmicCowboy
04-30-2005, 04:33 PM
not yet today but I DID sleep late...:lol

CosmicCowboy
04-30-2005, 04:35 PM
but now that you mention it I thought it was kind of strange that my neighbor put on her bikini to mow the yard...hmmmm....:lol

Gatita
04-30-2005, 06:24 PM
Thank God we don't have that problem down here. But, there are other things I could complain about. :flipoff