PDA

View Full Version : Majority of Americans Still Blame Bush

Nbadan
02-13-2010, 12:20 AM
The wingnut echo-chamber = FAIL!

(CNN) - More than a year after President George W. Bush left office, more Americans continue to blame his administration over any other entity for the nation's economic woes, according to a new poll.

In a New York Times/CBS News survey out Friday, 31 percent of Americans said the Bush administration is at fault for the current state of the economy while only 7 percent pointed their finger at President Obama and his team.

An additional 23 percent said the fault lies with Wall Street institutions while 13 percent assign the blame to Congress. Nearly 10 percent said the blame lies with all of them.

In a CNN/Opinion Research poll released last November, the public appeared split on who should be blamed if economic conditions don't approve: 47 percent said Bush and congressional Republicans while 45 percent said Obama and congressional Democrats.

"The public still tends to blame the Republicans for current economic conditions," said CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "But looking forward is another matter. Americans think the GOP is responsible for getting us into this mess, but they think both parties are responsible for getting us out of it."

Political Ticker (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/02/12/poll-bush-still-blamed-for-economy/?fbid=A3uLQr7a8Yw)

What does Clear Channel spend to spread GOP lies over its air-waves? $1 Billion dollars a year for non-elitist like Hannity, Limbaugh and Beck? Only 7% blame Obama....

baseline bum
02-13-2010, 12:22 AM
I blame Bush, Obama, Clinton, Bush, and Reagan.

ElNono
02-13-2010, 12:31 AM
I blame the poll... and the messenger...

Winehole23
02-13-2010, 05:00 AM
I blame Bush, Obama, Clinton, Bush, and Reagan.Yeah. Understood as a credit phenomenon, you have to look at about thirty years of churning.

EVAY
02-13-2010, 12:58 PM
I think this means that Americans are not as dumb as politicians credit them with being, and I think that Republicans think that the voting public is dumber than Democrats think they are.

Knowing who is responsible for the mess but holding BOTH parties responsible for getting us out seems fairly sophisticated to me. I think it would behoove Republicans to remember that they are being held accountable right now along with the democrats. If they forget that, they will not do as well as they might in November.

Republicans have a huge chance right now. There is nothing they are doing, however, that seems to me to be capitalizing on that chance. It is really quite irritating.

a777pilot
05-04-2019, 04:51 PM
I blame Bush, Obama, Clinton, Bush, and Reagan.

I agree!