PDA

View Full Version : Mavs Front Office Appreciation Thread :D

Ghazi
02-13-2010, 07:52 AM
:)

Marion trade, resigning Kidd, drafting Beaubois, and now God willing the Butler/Haywood trade, :toast to the best front office in basketball.

Double-Up
02-13-2010, 07:54 AM

Marion trade, resigning Kidd, drafting Beaubois, and now God willing the Butler/Haywood trade, :toast to the best front office in basketball.

Ummm...no. If your owner wasn't a rich whiny bastard you guys wouldn't be shit. Can't wait for the hard cap so owners like him have no choice but to play fair. :toast

mystargtr34
02-13-2010, 08:43 AM
Cue mono...

fevertrees
02-13-2010, 09:03 AM
Motherfucking COSIGNED

mavsfan1000
02-13-2010, 09:56 AM
Well imo this team made some bad decisions but this is definitely the step in the right direction. Haywood and Butler will really help. We pretty much took the best the Wizards have and left our junk players on them. lol

Cane
02-13-2010, 10:30 AM
They don't have the best front office but they're up there and more importantly they've got Mark Cuban's gracious spending habits. :toast

They did get rid of Howard who was one of the Spur's biggest thorns however Cuban and Co. made a good trade nonetheless.

This is where Jason Kidd at your point is going to help a lot. He seems to integrate new players almost seamlessly. Doubt this really propels Dallas to being a championship contender but its a step in that direction - the West is still about LA at the top since positions 2-7 are tightly packed.

Danny.Zhu
02-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Really really good job.

Hope Spurs FO could learn something from yours.

Double-Up
02-13-2010, 11:12 AM
If you wasn't a little soft powder puffed, gaped tooth bitch, you wouldn't be so gotdam sensitive.

Coming from a cock drop like you that sure hurts my feelings. :lol

I-Ball
02-13-2010, 11:15 AM
i'll be waiting with the celebration until the trade is official.

i learned this lesson from the magic....

monosylab1k
02-13-2010, 11:20 AM
If James Singleton is involved he could screw it all up with his Bird Rights. Dick Breath 2.0

I'll be happy when it's finally done.

What's scaring me is that everybody is in Dallas this weekend, and now that news is out, you better believe every GM in the Western Conference is gonna be talking to Wiz officials telling them how stupid this trade is and to back out.

mavsfan1000
02-13-2010, 11:23 AM
If James Singleton is involved he could screw it all up with his Bird Rights. Dick Breath 2.0

I'll be happy when it's finally done.

What's scaring me is that everybody is in Dallas this weekend, and now that news is out, you better believe every GM in the Western Conference is gonna be talking to Wiz officials telling them how stupid this trade is and to back out.
Yep this scares me as well. Along with everyone on message boards.

Ghazi
02-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Sons I really like our team on paper... provided Dampier can get a little healthier and Tim Thomas can contribute... IDK why, but I just feel like Tim motha fuckin Thomas can be an X-factor for this team.

hoppe he isnt thrown into this deal heard he might be

Muser
02-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Tim Thomas? Isn't he the guy who will go crazy one game then do nothing for the next 10?

mavsfan1000
02-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Tim Thomas? Isn't he the guy who will go crazy one game then do nothing for the next 10?
That's the guy. Though he hasn't been healthy most the season for whatever reason. I would say 1 out of every 5 games.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-13-2010, 12:21 PM
I'd be surprised if this doesn't go through. Gooden has a partially non-guaranteed contract. Wash gets instant cap relief if they trade for him and cut him.

lurker
02-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Props on doing what should have been done 3 years ago. :toast

I-Ball
02-13-2010, 01:17 PM
I'd be surprised if this doesn't go through. Gooden has a partially non-guaranteed contract. Wash gets instant cap relief if they trade for him and cut him.

if i remember correctly, the date for not picking the option on his contract is already past, therefor goodens contract is fully-garanteed for the rest of the season.

badfish22
02-13-2010, 01:26 PM
ThatSportsGirl:
kobe told me he hates to admit it but think mavs/wiz trade puts mavs on par w/ the lakers

Ghazi
02-13-2010, 01:47 PM
As I said a while back, Lakers/Mavs will be an EPIC WCF :D

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-13-2010, 02:59 PM

to the best front office in basketball.

Two first rounders in the Harris trade good job bro. Devean George LOL. Daniels contract LOL. Dampier contract LOL. Not resigning Nash LOL. Finley LOL

Myopic Cuban cock-suckers. :rollin

More like the most overrated and most ringless front office in basketball

MavDynasty
02-13-2010, 03:28 PM
lol shitty trolls

dirk4mvp
02-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Not resigning Nash

:tu good move on the Mavs' part.

ShoogarBear
02-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Spending ridiculous amounts of money over the past 10 years + no trophies = "best front office in basketball"?

Just because they bent over one of the worst front offices in basketball?

ShoogarBear
02-13-2010, 03:36 PM

I'm organizing a street protest of "Wizards Die-Hards" outside of the Verizon Center. :toast

Flux451
02-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Won't believe anything till I see the results. Not the best front office by far. There is no best without a trophy.

monosylab1k
02-13-2010, 08:40 PM
ThatSportsGirl:
kobe told me he hates to admit it but think mavs/wiz trade puts mavs on par w/ the lakers

One viewing of "Kobe Doin' Work" is more than enough proof that Kobe can bullshit with the best of em.

This doesn't put Dallas on LA's level, but I think it puts them right there with Denver, possibly ahead of Denver.

Mike D
02-13-2010, 10:07 PM
Great trade for the Mavs.

Mike D
02-13-2010, 10:09 PM
ThatSportsGirl:

Who is that? Is this a twitter post?

MavDynasty
02-13-2010, 10:15 PM
twitter post from the mavs local broadcasting crew

Pelicans78
02-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Nice trade, but still adding Butler and Haywood doesn't mean the Mavs will strike fear into the heart of others. Butler is an old 29, injury prone and shooting like crap this season. A change of scenery will help until his next injury. Haywood's a solid pickup and will help defensively. Still, not like either guy is an All-Star player.

Rogue
02-14-2010, 12:04 AM
Nice trade, but still adding Butler and Haywood doesn't mean the Mavs will strike fear into the heart of others. Butler is an old 29, injury prone and shooting like crap this season. A change of scenery will help until his next injury. Haywood's a solid pickup and will help defensively. Still, not like either guy is an All-Star player.

Mavs are exceeding the Nuggets with such a wonderful trade done but it's definitely not one trade that will put them to Lakers level, though it will be made one if Donnie manages to turn Dampier's contract another splash comes offseason.

mavsfan1000
02-14-2010, 12:16 AM
The best thing about this trade is all the players we got are good on defense. Haywood being the best piece of them all.

21_Blessings
02-14-2010, 02:42 AM
Butler/Haywood trade is more lopsided than the Gasol trade btw. Collusion my ass.

Pelicans78
02-14-2010, 02:51 AM
Butler/Haywood trade is more lopsided than the Gasol trade btw. Collusion my ass.

Memphis dumped Gasol purely for salary reasons. Just like when the Hornets dumped Baron Davis for nothing.

I don't think this trade for Dallas is really that lopsided. Washington gets to dump salaries who aren't helping them win anyway. If they can trade Gilbert and Jamison, they have a chance to start fresh. The Gilbert contract is horrible. They really need to find a way to get that off their hands.

Mike D
02-14-2010, 04:17 AM
Memphis dumped Gasol purely for salary reasons. Just like when the Hornets dumped Baron Davis for nothing.

I don't think this trade for Dallas is really that lopsided. Washington gets to dump salaries who aren't helping them win anyway. If they can trade Gilbert and Jamison, they have a chance to start fresh. The Gilbert contract is horrible. They really need to find a way to get that off their hands.

The irony of your post is overwhelming if you're saying the Gasol deal is any worse than this Mavs/Wiz deal. I'll help you to see.

I don't think this trade for the Lakers is really that lopsided. Memphis gets to dump salary and Pau isn't helping them win anyway. They have a chance to start fresh. They really need to find a way to get that contract off their hands [and young players/picks].See what I did there? Same words and meanings essentially.

Pelicans78
02-14-2010, 10:12 AM
The irony of your post is overwhelming if you're saying the Gasol deal is any worse than this Mavs/Wiz deal. I'll help you to see.

See what I did there? Same words and meanings essentially.

Basically thats what I meant. My point was neither trade was that big of a difference other than Gasol being much better than Butler and Haywood.

Washington and Memphis did what they had to in making these trades.

monosylab1k
02-14-2010, 01:05 PM

:lmao that's the most retarded fucking thing ever said on SpursTalk.

The Mavericks didn't trade away the biggest bust in NBA history, a shitty 12th man, and the rights to an unknown 2nd round pick. They traded two players that, when healthy, have been productive contributors on a playoff caliber team.

21 Palins fails again.

Double-Up
02-14-2010, 01:40 PM
:lmao that's the most retarded fucking thing ever said on SpursTalk.

The Mavericks didn't trade away the biggest bust in NBA history, a shitty 12th man, and the rights to an unknown 2nd round pick. They traded two players that, when healthy, have been productive contributors on a playoff caliber team.

21 Palins fails again.

:tu

Ghazi
05-06-2011, 11:57 PM
bump for the PEJA SIGNING

Ghazi
05-08-2011, 08:30 PM
:cry

Danny.Zhu
05-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Best FOs in the last 3 years:

Lakers, Celtics, Heat, Mavs

Pelicans78
05-08-2011, 08:50 PM

See what I did there? Same words and meanings essentially.

Bump this too.

Ghazi
05-25-2011, 11:28 PM
:)... 4 great trades and a good coaching hire.

great job rebuilding a team that was in shambles just 2 years ago :)

Kamala
05-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Marion is a great fit for the Mavs.

Still can't understand shit he says but the dude is a great wing player even at this stage of his career.

Ghazi
06-23-2011, 10:20 PM
bump for RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDY

Lincoln
07-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Two first rounders in the Harris trade good job bro. Devean George LOL. Daniels contract LOL. Dampier contract LOL. Not resigning Nash LOL. Finley LOL

Myopic Cuban cock-suckers. :rollin

More like the most overrated and most ringless front office in basketball

:rollin I forgot about this dipshit poster