PDA

View Full Version : So I went to one of the "bad ass" celebrity all star parties

Whisky Dog
02-13-2010, 03:30 PM
One of my friends works for a local sports radio station and gave me a couple of free tickets to Dirk and J Terry's all star party so me and my girl went to see what all the fuss is about. All I can say is... It sucked. It's really sad, actually. A ton of "regular" people paid hundereds or some even thousands of dollars to be segregated away from the rich celebrity party area and get to watch them having fun and totally ignoring everyone else. It's sad, how people actually pay good money to be treated like that, like they're trash. I went into the station area with my friend, shook hands with Dirk (who seemed like a nice guy), visited with my friend to thank him for the tickets and got out.

Any one else go to any of these all star parties in Dallas?

Flux451
02-13-2010, 03:35 PM
YOu would probably get more answers to your question if posted in NBA forum or the Club. Don't see the connection with Spurs on this.

HarlemHeat37
02-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Was Cristal there?..

cd98
02-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Dirk was probably washing his hands after every handshake.

Allanon
02-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Dirk was probably washing his hands after every handshake.

QxHQZFzSyjk

j-6
02-13-2010, 03:46 PM
One of my friends works for a local sports radio station and gave me a couple of free tickets to Dirk and J Terry's all star party so me and my girl went to see what all the fuss is about. All I can say is... It sucked. It's really sad, actually. A ton of "regular" people paid hundereds or some even thousands of dollars to be segregated away from the rich celebrity party area and get to watch them having fun and totally ignoring everyone else. It's sad, how people actually pay good money to be treated like that, like they're trash. I went into the station area with my friend, shook hands with Dirk (who seemed like a nice guy), visited with my friend to thank him for the tickets and got out.

I was supposed to go to an afterparty VIP party thing called Playmate's Playground tonight - we got 2 free tickets. We decided we didn't want to drive from Fort Worth to Dallas and back, so I gave them to my neighbor's kid and his friend who are here from Fort Hood for the weekend. I think a couple of horny Army kids are going to have a helluva lot better of a time more than we would have.

Cane
02-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Yea if you're not a real friend of those celebrities, or a celebrity yourself, AND if you're not a sexy chick it probably won't be that great of a time unless you can get autographs/pics ;)

SenorSpur
02-13-2010, 04:12 PM
All that superficial, celebrity social crap is just another way to price-gouge, unsuspecting folks by luring them in with the promise of "partying with the stars". Many a person shells out hundreds or thousands of dollars for these so-called, VIP-access events.

It's a total sham because you have to know the celebrity in question isn't going to make time to hang with the regular-paying, nondescript, ordinary Joe Fan. It's all about "who" you know or "hot" the female is or you being a big balla' yourself.

I can't believe people continue to get "caught up" behind the hype and throw their money away for on these events year after year. Still, there are literally hundreds of these event taking place throughout the city all weekend long. Establishments are literally raking in the cash for all those willing.

Mr. Body
02-13-2010, 05:16 PM

Seriously, dude? You expected to be hobnobbing with the celebrities? Hahaha.

Man In Black
02-13-2010, 11:01 PM
It's all about who you know and then what to do when you're around "The Celebs."
It's more about blending in as opposed to saying,"Can I get an autograph?" or something like that. They hear that all-the-time so it's when you're blended in, that's when you can say, you do good work or something like that, then they'll be more social. But at the AS event...forget it, it's much too tough and that's why it's segregated. Best time to party with Celebs? I think IMHO, is the AVN convention in Vegas. Now that's a party! And your favorite Stars love their fans :)

Sean Cagney
02-13-2010, 11:17 PM

If someone is dumb enough to pay that much money just to go to one of those parties then I don't feel sorry for them at all! Thats what I expect from the rich better than other people :rolleyes:rolleyes. I would not pay over 100 to get into one of those, anything more I just say they are people like us and go to regular party or club and have more fun.

z0sa
02-13-2010, 11:19 PM
The problem is, you are not a "bad ass"

Sean Cagney
02-13-2010, 11:23 PM
All that superficial, celebrity social crap is just another way to price-gouge, unsuspecting folks by luring them in with the promise of "partying with the stars". Many a person shells out hundreds or thousands of dollars for these so-called, VIP-access events.

It's a total sham because you have to know the celebrity in question isn't going to make time to hang with the regular-paying, nondescript, ordinary Joe Fan. It's all about "who" you know or "hot" the female is or you being a big balla' yourself.

I can't believe people continue to get "caught up" behind the hype and throw their money away for on these events year after year. Still, there are literally hundreds of these event taking place throughout the city all weekend long. Establishments are literally raking in the cash for all those willing.Yep, good post! Thats the way it is though.

Whisky Dog
02-14-2010, 01:57 AM
Seriously, dude? You expected to be hobnobbing with the celebrities? Hahaha.

No, not at all. I guess you didn't bother reading. My question was why do people pay for that? Pay hundereds or thousands of dollars for nothing. Since you didn't read I'll let you know - I paid zero dollars. Just wanted to let everyone know about the experience.

hater
02-14-2010, 03:58 PM
I have no problem attending these parties.

not all the hoes will go home with celebrities, that's where I come in :)

ohmwrecker
02-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Creeping Jesus! What is it with people quoting the entire fucking original post just to respond to it. If you are commenting on this thread I think everyone knows what you are responding to. Do you think everyone has to read the OP again to fully grasp your response? What is the thinking here? I don't get it.
Sorry. I just find this frustratingly annoying.

duncan228
02-14-2010, 04:25 PM
What is it with people quoting the entire fucking original post just to respond to it.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84635

ohmwrecker
02-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Well, I suppose it's comforting to know I am not the only one who feels this way.