PDA

View Full Version : Farouk Shami: White People Don't Want to Work...

ashbeeigh
02-13-2010, 10:20 PM
Excuse me if this has already been posted. I didn't see it.

Shami says whites unwilling to take on jobs in factories

12:00 AM CST on Saturday, February 13, 2010

By GROMER JEFFERS JR. / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected]

Democratic candidate for governor Farouk Shami said Friday that white people are not willing to work in factories and as a result, Hispanic labor is essential to the Texas economy.

Democratic gubernatorial candidate Farouk Shami, shown in January in San Antonio, says Hispanic labor is essential to the Texas economy.

Shami, a Houston hair care magnate, made the statements during a taping of Inside Texas Politics, which airs at 9 a.m. Sunday on WFAA-TV (Channel 8).

"A majority of the people are going to be Hispanic and African-American," he said. "You don't find white people who are willing to work in factories. And our history proves lots of time when ... the white people come to work in a factory they either want to be supervisors or they want to be paid more than the average person. And unfortunately they exit."

full article...
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/politics/state/stories/DN-shami_13tex.ART.State.Edition1.4c02b29.html?ocp=2# slcgm_comments_anchor

This just caught my attention because of my current situation.

While I understand his point I also think he could have been a bit wiser with his words. If I didn't have the support of my family and my unemployment I wouldn't shy away from the idea of "working in a factory" (and if we want to turn this in to a hate on ashbeeigh thread there's already one in the Club...feel free to go there for that).

Bartleby
02-13-2010, 10:23 PM
You're a factory worker?

ploto
02-13-2010, 10:59 PM
Democratic candidate for governor Farouk Shami said Friday that white people are not willing to work in factories and as a result, Hispanic labor is essential to the Texas economy.

What percentage of jobs in Texas are even FACTORY jobs?? I thought and thought and I do not know even one person in Texas who works in a factory.

Glenn Holland
02-13-2010, 11:10 PM
I thought and thought and I do not know even one person in Texas who works in a factory.

Toyota.

San Antonio.

Faggot.

Marcus Bryant
02-13-2010, 11:16 PM
True, to an extent. But he'll be joining Funky Cold in the penalty box.

SouthernFried
02-13-2010, 11:34 PM
I have the same problem. But it's not white workers...it's American workers. White, Black, Hispanic..etc. For labor type jobs, 90% of the American workers can't even pass a drug test. I interviewed 50 guys last year, only 2 past the drug test...and those 2 were on parole and had to check in every week.

We use only H2B workers for outside labor jobs now, American workers really don't want to do anything like that for 9-10$/hr.

It is what it is.

spursncowboys
02-13-2010, 11:45 PM
Toyota.

San Antonio.

Faggot.

Wow Mr. Holland. Faggot? Really?

ElNono
02-14-2010, 12:02 AM
Mexican word of the day: CHOPPING

Me and my vieja just got our income tax so we're going chopping!

ElNono
02-14-2010, 12:02 AM
Mexican word of the day: JUICY

Hey vato tell me if juicy the cops

Jacob1983
02-14-2010, 02:49 AM
This is bullshit. I'm white and worked in a factory in the summers of 2004 and 2007. 12 hour days, no AC, standing on your feet, shitty pay, get treated like sweatshop workers, etc... That's factory work in America for you.

ChumpDumper
02-14-2010, 03:16 AM
Toyota.

San Antonio.

Faggot.1) She's a lady, do dyke might be more appropriate, though I'm pretty sure she's straight.

This is bullshit. I'm white and worked in a factory in the summers of 2004 and 2007. 12 hour days, no AC, standing on your feet, shitty pay, get treated like sweatshop workers, etc... That's factory work in America for you.Do you want to work in one now?

Wild Cobra
02-14-2010, 11:08 AM
I have the same problem. But it's not white workers...it's American workers. White, Black, Hispanic..etc. For labor type jobs, 90% of the American workers can't even pass a drug test. I interviewed 50 guys last year, only 2 past the drug test...and those 2 were on parole and had to check in every week.

We use only H2B workers for outside labor jobs now, American workers really don't want to do anything like that for 9-10$/hr.

It is what it is.
That's part of the problem with this country today. Companies like yours are harming Americans. It's called supply and demand. If your wages are not enough to entice qualified employees, then you need to raise them. In my opinion, to bring in people from countries with an already lower standard of living, is anti-American. It lowers our standard of living.

ElNono
02-14-2010, 11:11 AM

It is what it is.

No shit...

Cane
02-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Shami's basically committing political suicide but I agree with his generalization that Hispanics are integral to the Texan economy and more willing to put in REAL work :)

Its arguably basic socioeconomics. Generally speaking, Hispanics came here illegally from the border passionately looking for a job and the greener grass that is the USA. Generally speaking, American families who have been American born for at least a couple of generations expect a greener grass than labor-intensive blue collar jobs and usually have a mindset that such labor is beneath them. This attitude, combined with the overall pussification of Americans and being raised in a service economy, spells a slow death of white representation in the hard knocks jobs.

ploto
02-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Toyota.

San Antonio.

I do not know anyone who works at Toyota. That is ONE factory, hardly the basis for this guy's claim.

I agree that Hispanics are vital to the Texas economy. I know no one who would dispute that, but just because one person does physical labor does not mean they are working harder than someone who does "intellectual" labor. Plenty of Hispanics have white-collar jobs, too.

Whisky Dog
02-14-2010, 12:44 PM
What he means is poor people from other countries are willing to be used and exploited for peanuts. With inflation and the cost of living in most of America you can't get by on 9 to 10 dollars and hour. You definitely can't raise a family on that unless you ride a bike everywhere and eat ramen and white bread every day.

Wild Cobra
02-14-2010, 01:08 PM
What he means is poor people from other countries are willing to be used and exploited for peanuts. With inflation and the cost of living in most of America you can't get by on 9 to 10 dollars and hour. You definitely can't raise a family on that unless you ride a bike everywhere and eat ramen and white bread every day.
This is true, and as long as we allow people in this country willing to work for cheap, those jobs will not increase in pay for employees.

On the flip side, our government provides to well for the chronic unemployed. We would be a financially stronger country if we could get some of those lazy asses into jobs.

hope4dopes
02-14-2010, 01:10 PM
How anyone can believe that the DNC is the party that represent the workers is mindboggeling. The DNC is really pushing amnesty and always has.So once again a transparent attempt by the rich to keep the workers down is masqueraded as "social justice".
Race baiting is handed out by the political class instead of substainable jobs, and the rape of the economy by the ruling class is repackaged as "progressive"
It is time all American workers and in particularlly white American workers dump the donkey and the elephant. It's time white American workers tear the mask off of corprate mouthpieces ,instead of electing them to office.

ashbeeigh
02-14-2010, 01:17 PM
The thing is...this is the basis of his "job creation" platform (and to be honest most of his gubernatorial platform, imho). I'll build X number of factories and that will employ X millions of Texans which will stimulate the economy. If he was running in Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, etc this may be a good platform to run on but it is not. We're a diverse state.

Listening to bits and pieces of the Democratic forum Bill White spoke about job retraining for older Texans who don't have the right skills to get the jobs that are currently available. That's more of a viable "job creation" platform than creating a ton of factories...

And what happens when someone creates something bigger and better than the CHI (his product) and his factories go away? Ugh. I cannot stand this guy. He's a waste of space.

Wild Cobra
02-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Well, with him at 19% and White at 49%, anyone think this guy has a chance?

Texas Democratic Survey Results (http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_TX_209.pdf) starts on page 14.

Winehole23
02-14-2010, 01:38 PM
CG made that point yesterday in another thread, but yeah. Shami is a weak candidate; Bill White isn't.

SouthernFried
02-14-2010, 02:50 PM
That's part of the problem with this country today. Companies like yours are harming Americans. It's called supply and demand. If your wages are not enough to entice qualified employees, then you need to raise them. In my opinion, to bring in people from countries with an already lower standard of living, is anti-American. It lowers our standard of living.

No problem...you pay me 125$ to have your lawn mowed...and I'll pay my workers whatever you want me to.

Cleveland Steamer
02-14-2010, 03:45 PM
I do not know anyone who works at Toyota. That is ONE factory, hardly the basis for this guy's claim.

Texas has more than 25,000 factories and more than 1 million factory workers. (http://sanantonio.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/stories/2006/05/22/daily5.html)

just because there are no factory workers at your country club doesn't mean they don't exist.

:lmao

Marcus Bryant
02-14-2010, 03:47 PM
In my opinion, to bring in people from countries with an already lower standard of living, is anti-American. It lowers our standard of living.

So much for "Give me your tired, your poor..."

Not to mention the "Shining city on a hill" propagated by Saint Ronald.

MannyIsGod
02-14-2010, 03:58 PM
I watched portions of the debate on Tuesday and there is no way Shami is electable. What he's said here simply reinforces that opinion.

ashbeeigh
02-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Texas has more than 25,000 factories and more than 1 million factory workers. (http://sanantonio.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/stories/2006/05/22/daily5.html)

just because there are no factory workers at your country club doesn't mean they don't exist.

:lmao

San Antonio is still 3rd....while that is still high that hardly makes us a manufacturing powerhouse.

ploto
02-14-2010, 04:20 PM

25,000,000 people live in Texas.

I also know that much of the "manufacturing" in Texas is petroleum related and I would be curious as to the ethnic distribution of jobs in the oil industry.

oklahomasuckstexas
02-14-2010, 04:23 PM
ploto is one stewpid mothafucka.

ploto
02-14-2010, 04:27 PM
ploto is one stewpid mothafucka.

I will not apologize for getting a Master's Degree and working a white collar job that requires one. My grandfather worked in manufacturing his whole life because he was a first-generation American and only had an 8th grade education. He wanted his grandkids to get an education, and we did.

Marcus Bryant
02-14-2010, 04:27 PM
And naturally Cobra Commander would deem economic considerations more important than liberty.

Not to mention that if the standard of living of millions of Americans is his concern, then he should reconsider his unconditional love of large multinationals.

Then again, poor Hispanics willing to work hard in shit jobs for shit pay are obviously a greater threat to the Republic.

Cleveland Steamer
02-14-2010, 04:32 PM
25,000,000 people live in Texas.
and 1 million of those people work in a factory. just because they're not master's degrees holding yacht club members doesn't mean they don't exist.

I also know that much of the "manufacturing" in Texas is petroleum related and I would be curious as to the ethnic distribution of jobs in the oil industry.
since you don't know any factory workers I would encourage you to look it up.

ChumpDumper
02-14-2010, 04:35 PM
And naturally Cobra Commander would deem economic considerations more important than liberty.

Not to mention that if the standard of living of millions of Americans is his concern, then he should reconsider his unconditional love of large multinationals.

Then again, poor Hispanics willing to work hard in shit jobs for shit pay are obviously a greater threat to the Republic.If Wild Cobra was allowed to shoot them all, wages for white lawn mowers would go up.

ploto
02-14-2010, 04:35 PM

Not that it is any of your business, but I spent the first decade of my life living in a 2 bedroom, 1 bath house with 2 adults and 6 children. I am far from a country club.

Obstructed_View
02-14-2010, 05:22 PM
the white people come to work in a factory they either want to be supervisors or they want to be paid more than the average person.

What an offensive statement. Sounds like "The dumb minorities just do grunt work for whatever people are willing to pay them because they don't know no better, and I'm okay with that."

ChumpDumper
02-14-2010, 05:33 PM
He never had a chance regardless, but is there a candidate who has created more actual jobs in Texas?

BRHornet45
02-14-2010, 05:38 PM
sons listen to what I say and listen closely ...

if you want the job done right: hire a honky, a pinata beater, or an Asian (especially if it involves anything mathematical) ...

if you want the job done half ass, well then you know who to hire.

ChumpDumper
02-14-2010, 05:43 PM
The only way to combat racism is with more racism, apparently.

Obstructed_View
02-14-2010, 06:06 PM
The only way to combat racism is with more racism, apparently.

:lol

Wild Cobra
02-14-2010, 08:51 PM

Then again, poor Hispanics willing to work hard in shit jobs for shit pay are obviously a greater threat to the Republic.
You miss my point again.

We have people who can work these jobs. We need to get them working before having foreign workers do these jobs. Look at all the social spending that can be reduced if more people work, and work better paying jobs.

To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;
This has a reason to be in the constitution, we have such laws, and they are not obeyed or enforced properly. I have no problems with employers using the work visa system if they wish, but they should at least provide benifits so their workers aren't on any welfare programs as well.

These employers are making possible, more moneys spent from the treasury. Not less. It should be criminal.

oklahomasuckstexas
02-14-2010, 08:53 PM
ploto, do you participate in the cuckold lifestyle?:sleep