PDA

View Full Version : Remember when the dunk contest was good?

gaKNOW!blee
02-13-2010, 11:07 PM
w6z9-l4hnMM

2zIKaKfoAEE

two of my favorite dunks....I just had to remind myself the dunk contest can actually be a fun event :depressed

baseline bum
02-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Iguodala not winning for that one was highway robbery.

gaKNOW!blee
02-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Iguodala not winning for that one was highway robbery.

agreed...he also went behind the back off the backboard.

redzero
02-13-2010, 11:18 PM
It was good two years ago.

JMarkJohns
02-13-2010, 11:20 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PejeH1uzDJs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PejeH1uzDJs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Loved this. Wish he had been able to successfully complete his bounce self-pass/360/under-leg attempt in 2004. Earlier in the contest, he had successfully completed off-the glass-pass/under-leg.

I still say Richardson is the most under-appreciated great contestant/champion in the contests history. He tried things nobody had seen, put spin on attempts done before and generally made his first attempt, which, when the dunks were as difficult as his, is no small feat.

gaKNOW!blee
02-13-2010, 11:25 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PejeH1uzDJs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PejeH1uzDJs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Loved this. Wish he had been able to successfully complete his bounce self-pass/360/under-leg attempt in 2004. Earlier in the contest, he had successfully completed off-the glass-pass/under-leg.

I still say Richardson is the most under-appreciated great contestant/champion in the contests history. He tried things nobody had seen, put spin on attempts done before and generally made his first attempt, which, when the dunks were as difficult as his, is no small feat.

thats the biggest thing in my book...like i said before i dont care if they miss every dunk, just be creative and try something new. Wallace and Brown should be ashamed of themselves that they wasted millions of peoples time.

slick'81
02-13-2010, 11:53 PM
best one i saw was when Vince carter went nuts in oakland

j.dizzle
02-14-2010, 12:23 AM
No creativity this year at all..Atleast last year Dwight & Nate made it more fun by bringing props n shit..Even if the dunks arent amazing, I still wanna be entertained..You got neither today haha.

anakha
02-14-2010, 12:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fayiZbe992A

They should have televised this on primetime instead.

Holy shit at Air Up There.

JMarkJohns
02-14-2010, 12:29 AM
Holy shit at Air Up There.

That's what Richardson attempted to do in 2004, only Richardson added a self-bounce pass off the floor. He made it too difficult and couldn't complete it successfully. Damn shame. Seeing the 360/under-leg work now was amazing!

j.dizzle
02-14-2010, 12:31 AM
air up there also does a 720 dunk..He would shit on anyone in his sleep.

eyeh8u
02-14-2010, 12:43 AM
best one i saw was when Vince carter went nuts in oakland

yep, any other year the t mac dunks and steve francis dunks would be memorable, but vince stole the show

hitmanyr2k
02-14-2010, 12:46 AM
w6z9-l4hnMM

two of my favorite dunks....I just had to remind myself the dunk contest can actually be a fun event :depressed

Iggy almost did a Bret Michaels on the backboard there :lol Great dunk though.

duhoh
02-14-2010, 01:06 AM
VC gave me goosebumps.

still does sometimes when I go back and watch it.

Truckules
02-14-2010, 01:34 AM
VC gave me goosebumps.

still does sometimes when I go back and watch it.

He is the greatest dunker of all-time. He's the only player who can have a top 100 dunks video and every single one is awesome.

c0jAPQb_dNw

poop
02-14-2010, 01:36 AM
a sad day in the history of dunks.

mojorizen7
02-14-2010, 01:42 AM
They should put pads on the dunker and put two defenders in the paint.
That'd liven things up.
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/8895/artb6.jpg

ffadicted
02-14-2010, 01:50 AM
He is the greatest dunker of all-time. He's the only player who can have a top 100 dunks video and every single one is awesome.

c0jAPQb_dNw

lol everyone of those 100 dunks was better then anything we saw tonight, short of DeRozan's assisted dunk

ChrisRichards
02-14-2010, 02:49 AM
I just blame Vince Carter.

He set the bar so high NBA fans right now are so hard to please after his encore performance. I mean seriously, no matter how good the dunks are, theres just something missing. This years dunk contest signals the real end of this once anticipated event. League should come up with something fresh next year. Enough bringing these predictable cats.

I think the league should open up a show off between the Street's best dunkers against NBA players. I think this works out real fine. You have streetball players trying to win that prize money and on the other hand you have Pros avoiding embarassment on National TV by losing to some no name, regular joe. Win win.

HarlemHeat37
02-14-2010, 03:30 AM
You have a point to an extent ChrisRichards, but tonight's dunks were bad by ANY standards..

BTW, one of the best things about Vince's performance was that he didn't miss any dunks..today the guys usually need like 3 tries to make a dunk(unless you're Nate Robinson, then you need like 16)..

pauls931
02-14-2010, 08:10 AM
You'll never beat mj vs nique. Monster dunks and back then you couldn't dunk repeatedly. I think you got one attempt and that was is. I guess they had to add time to let players attempt more risky dunks, however they didn't deliver this year.