View Full Version : Sequ's Whining Thread

SequSpur
02-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Mavs trade for 27 ppg and 18 rpg....

Spurs do nothing.

:pctoss

Man In Black
02-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Just to point out, those 27 points and 18 rebounds are from what they got as Wizards, there is no guarantee that they'll be able to achieve those numbers as Mavs. If you need proof that numbers don't always translate...see Richard Jefferson.

Sean Cagney
They won't make a trade, book it. All these stupid threads about a Kings announcer saying we were close to a trade for a PG or a F and now they get a F and a C! Spurs were REALLY CLOSE I guess lol, I hate that thread now.

Go Spurs go (NOWHERE).

ffadicted
Beforehand, the Jefferson trade > Butler trade. Quit being whiny

Although I kinda agree lol

BlackSwordsMan
02-13-2010, 11:25 PM
RJ 21 PPG, spurs are in good shape!

IronMexican
02-13-2010, 11:26 PM
It's time for SA to shake some shit up. Sasha and Luke for Manu

sananspursfan21
02-13-2010, 11:31 PM

hahaha. how bout odom, sasha and luke walton for manu

Baseline
02-13-2010, 11:36 PM
The Mavs have seriously upgraded. I have no idea why Washington would do that trade. Obviously Jamison is on the way out soon.

If Cleveland gets Jamison, you can lock in their ring this year.

poop
02-13-2010, 11:42 PM
dont worry guys when we land the richard jefferson trade we are back on top.

EricB
02-13-2010, 11:44 PM
So much for raising the bar...

Old School 44
02-13-2010, 11:45 PM
I kind of like the Dallas trade for the Spurs. It kind of reminds me of the J-Kidd for Devin Harris trade. It moves a guy, Josh Howard, who always seemed to give the Spurs trouble. Drew Gooden also seems to play his best ball against the Spurs too.

TheSpursFNRule
02-14-2010, 12:21 AM
We need to go young. Surround Timmy with useful young talent, let Blair and Hill take the reigns and ship everyone else out for some youth. The 48moh article summed it up. Manu I still believe in, but Parker is the oldest 27 year old in the league. These guys were told not to play over the summer, we give them enormous contracts and look what we get in return.

Sean Cagney
02-14-2010, 12:47 AM
I kind of like the Dallas trade for the Spurs. It kind of reminds me of the J-Kidd for Devin Harris trade. It moves a guy, Josh Howard, who always seemed to give the Spurs trouble. Drew Gooden also seems to play his best ball against the Spurs too.

Gooden for what one game or so this year? Surely not in Cleveland during those finals :lol:lol. Howard was a mismatch like Harris yes, but seriously we thought tha and then last year (Although Manu hurt) we go and lose to Dallas in the playoffs after we thought they were down! Now they get Butler and Haywood, who at times should and could be put on Tim too when Dampier is out! Thats not good!

Dallas got better, we are staying pat? We need to get somewhat better to and get this division and then go from there, if not they win it and we are out in round one or two.

SouthTexasRancher
02-14-2010, 01:09 AM

Yeah, IronMexican, now that we've seen that your Lakers play so much better without Kobe and our Spurs play so much better without Tony Parker. You guys need a point guard and we need a take over guy in the 4th qtr. so let's trade! That way Eva doesn't have to fly back to LA to film her spot in DHs! Plus Kobe has always said he'd love to play for Pop and play alongside of Tim & Manu.

And if you are really wanting to get rid of Sasha & Luke we'll trade you Finley straight up. :toast

baseline bum
02-14-2010, 01:18 AM
I'd trade Manu to get Iguodala, but I'm not so sure for Butler.

SouthTexasRancher
02-14-2010, 01:19 AM
Caron Butler and Brendan Haywood have really helped the Wizards get the best record in the NBA the past several years. Much like Josh Howard and Drew Gooden have helped their respective teams win so many NBA Championships over the same length of time.

I remember that once upon a time, many moons ago, the coming of RJ & Dice would garrronteeeee that the Spurs would be NBA Champs this season and next. Trades to try and shake up a team in mid-season rarely work out that season. Little gayboy Markie Cuban had her ego hurt that nobody was talking about him/her and the Mavs even though the All Star festivities are being held in Dallas. Bottom line is the Mavs should be a little better but, they still won't win a championship....not even the Western Conference Championship. :ihit

FeZZy
02-14-2010, 01:26 AM
:bang

hsxvvd
02-14-2010, 01:30 AM
Butler > Jefferson.

Simple. The question needs to be, did we jump the gun trading our expirings, clearly the market is quite high.

Out only savior might be that the value of expiring contracts are worth more next year, in which case Jefferson's deal will be worth something decent.

ffadicted
02-14-2010, 01:32 AM
Butler > Jefferson

Absolutely untrue at the time of the trade imo. I think the spurs made an excellent move acquiring Jefferson, nobody could've predicted how it turned out

murpjf88
02-14-2010, 01:37 AM
Absolutely untrue at the time of the trade imo. I think the spurs made an excellent move acquiring Jefferson, nobody could've predicted how it turned out

Well, I tried, but I came off as being Jefferson's ex-fiance. Butler is not a problem. He's streaky, but he has the potential to be another Jefferson and he shoots just 27% from the arc. Its Haywood that makes this deal work.

AussieFanKurt
02-14-2010, 01:44 AM
ever thought maybe those teams didnt want anything from us?

DAF86
02-14-2010, 03:01 AM
ever thought maybe those teams didnt want anything from us?

Seeing what the Wizards settled for, no I don't think that.

mudyez
02-14-2010, 05:46 AM

Spurs do nothing.

Mavs give up 26ppg 14rpg....

Spurs do nothing!

not that it means anything!

Lars
02-14-2010, 06:55 AM

Spurs do nothing.

You traded for Jefferson and it was a disaster.

Muser
02-14-2010, 07:19 AM
You traded for Jefferson and it was a disaster.

No, if the Spurs don't get a good deal with his expiring next year then it was a disaster.

rascal
02-14-2010, 11:17 AM

The trade is not good for the spurs. The Mavs upgraded on the frontline and Butler is better than Howard overall.

That "spur killer" thing is overblown and in no way diminishes the upgrades that Dallas made with this trade.

rascal
02-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Caron Butler and Brendan Haywood have really helped the Wizards get the best record in the NBA the past several years. Much like Josh Howard and Drew Gooden have helped their respective teams win so many NBA Championships over the same length of time.

I remember that once upon a time, many moons ago, the coming of RJ & Dice would garrronteeeee that the Spurs would be NBA Champs this season and next. Trades to try and shake up a team in mid-season rarely work out that season. Little gayboy Markie Cuban had her ego hurt that nobody was talking about him/her and the Mavs even though the All Star festivities are being held in Dallas. Bottom line is the Mavs should be a little better but, they still won't win a championship....not even the Western Conference Championship. :ihit

The Pistons traded for Wallace at mid season and they went on to win the title.

Mid season trades can work out, depends on the trade and the team.

Most championship teams don't make mid season trades because they are playing as a top team by the trade deadline and don't need them but if your playing like the spurs are playing now, not a top contender then a trade makes sense.

rascal
02-14-2010, 11:25 AM

Manu for Butler is a no brainer. Manu is finished in a couple of years.

Butler is a borderline star with more productive years left in the tank.

Big P
02-14-2010, 11:26 AM
maybe we can sign josh howard next year.

silverblk mystix
02-14-2010, 11:33 AM
You never know how things will work out...on paper a Great Trade for the mavs...

but how will it play out?

What if the mavs have to play the lakers before the spurs do? what if the mavs eliminate the lakers?
what if the spurs gel?

it will get interesting from here on out...although during the Spurs/Nuggets game --Doug Collins was mentioning the conversation with Pop and saying that there were definitely going to be some changes?

that pop's answers and pop's mood led him to believe that something HAD to be done..

maybe or maybe not a trade---but something had to be done...?

Old School 44
02-14-2010, 11:37 AM
The trade is not good for the spurs. The Mavs upgraded on the frontline and Butler is better than Howard overall.

That "spur killer" thing is overblown and in no way diminishes the upgrades that Dallas made with this trade.

I'm just commenting on a "known", Josh Howard as a Mav against the Spurs vs. the unknown of Caron Butler as a Mav against the Spurs.
Really, I just think we need to take a wait and see approach.

Butler put up good numbers on a bad team, ala Jefferson and the Bucks, so I reserve full judgement until I really seem him and Haywood play some games with the Mavs.

AFBlue
02-14-2010, 11:39 AM
How about the Spurs and Lakers meet half way and become the Las Vegas Gamblers.

PG: Parker/Hill/Brown
SG: Kobe/Manu/Mason
SF: Artest/Odom/RJ
PF: Duncan/Gasol
C: Bynum/Blair

Pop coaches the road games and Phil coaches the home games.

Why not?

I liked that "Team Texas" idea from last night's Shooting Stars competition...

PG: Parker/Kidd/Brooks
SG: Manu/Terry
SF: Butler/Ariza
PF: Duncan/Nowitzki
C: Haywood/Landry/Blair

pjjrfan
02-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Butler is a player who will help, how soon I don't know, but I agree with Barkley and Kenney, a team that was already good just got tougher, the mental tougher kind.

Cane
02-14-2010, 12:39 PM

Spurs do nothing.

Yea right, the Spurs are likely on the phones more than ever. They've been trying to improve their squad ever since RJ and McDyess cemented themselves as disappointments.

Imo more than ever they know they have to ante up; along with the rest of the West including LA since they're no longer as great.

Allanon
02-14-2010, 12:44 PM
What if the mavs have to play the lakers before the spurs do? what if the mavs eliminate the lakers?
For this to happen, either the Lakers or Mavs would have to drop in the standings or the Spurs have to move ahead of of them. This is very unlikely considering that the Lakers are 9.5 games ahead and the Spurs have a brutal schedule while the Mavs have it easy. The RRT is a piece of cake compared to what comes in March/April.

what if the spurs gel?

It's possible.

At the same time there is the chance they don't gel and the result may be disastrous. Manu is expiring and may possibly leave with the Spurs getting nothing back. And since the Spurs are already at the salary cap, there's no space to replace Manu other than RJ's expiring next year and the MLE.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Some people on this thread are total homers.

This makes the Mavs better, but they were already better than SA anyway.

ElNono
02-14-2010, 01:30 PM
On paper, they look much improved... then again, RJ looked great on paper too...

vander
02-14-2010, 02:04 PM
RJ 21 PPG, spurs are in good shape!

playoff time RJ will step it up, ST nation will be stunned

silverblk mystix
02-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Allanon,

it is possible that ---while the mavs new additions are acclimating to their teammates---that the Spurs sneak in and grab the division ---thereby avoiding the lakers til a later round...
and it's possible the spurs DON'T gel---but just as likely that they surprise a few doubters and actually finish strong...

you never know...

jason1301
02-14-2010, 02:47 PM
Hahahahahaha ppl are going crazy over the Mavs trade, but lets be honest, they were on a pretty bad losing streak. Good luck to them trying to integrate two new players into their rotation.

Pop was just messing up with our rotation, and he ll use the All Star break to figure things out. Changes are coming, no doubt about it.

tdunk21
02-14-2010, 03:15 PM

time to shake some shit for SA but not trade for worse than shit.....

vander
02-14-2010, 03:22 PM

throw in 2 first round picks and you have a deal

ohmwrecker
02-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Manu for Butler is a no brainer. Manu is finished in a couple of years.

Butler is a borderline star with more productive years left in the tank.

Yep. It's too bad the Spurs didn't do this deal last year when it was still on the table. Now we just have to wait for another miracle.

Wish in one hand and crap in the other . . .

ducks
02-14-2010, 03:40 PM
The Pistons traded for Wallace at mid season and they went on to win the title.

Mid season trades can work out, depends on the trade and the team.

Most championship teams don't make mid season trades because they are playing as a top team by the trade deadline and don't need them but if your playing like the spurs are playing now, not a top contender then a trade makes sense.

pistons one team how many did but did not work out

had rj worked out so far no
spurs could easily be contenders

Mel_13
02-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Yep. It's too bad the Spurs didn't do this deal last year when it was still on the table. Now we just have to wait for another miracle.

Wish in one hand and crap in the other . . .

Outside of some threads on ST, that trade was not on the table last year.

spurtech09
02-14-2010, 06:27 PM
spurs don't need a trade.....if pop stops playing small ball and use Ian in the line up everything would be better.....also theo some mins as well

Capt Bringdown
02-14-2010, 08:07 PM
This makes the Mavs better, but they were already better than SA anyway.

Exactly. I don't know if even a blockbuster trade would help the Spurs at this point. Our needs and deficiencies are so great.

Allanon
02-14-2010, 08:11 PM
Allanon,

it is possible that ---while the mavs new additions are acclimating to their teammates---that the Spurs sneak in and grab the division ---thereby avoiding the lakers til a later round...
and it's possible the spurs DON'T gel---but just as likely that they surprise a few doubters and actually finish strong...

you never know...

If the schedule were easier, I'd give it a shot.

But the remaining Spurs schedule is by far the most difficult in the NBA.

6 Back 2 Backs
75% of the games are against Playoff/close to Playoff opponents
And the Spurs are tied with Utah for the most road games remaining.

In contrast the Mavs only have 13 road games left and maybe only 40% against playoff level competition.

SequSpur
02-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Dick J isn't worth 14 mil.
RMJ Jr wants out....
Tony Parker is a lil bitch.
Pop will pay Matt Bonner David Robinson money.
Manu wants out and is pissed because he can't get an extension.
Ian can't play because Pop doesn't want to pay to keep him.
Popovich is senile and can't coach a girlscout team.
McDice can barely walk.
Blair wants to win the MVP of a got damn rookie game so he can get respect.
Peter Holt drinks to much.
Finley and Bogans should be waived immediately.
George Hill is naked on facebook/myspace/twitter and the wnba.com....

Did I forget anyone?

Spurs fucking suck balls.

SequSpur
02-15-2010, 09:18 PM
I think there is more to Tony Parker's story...Dude has some bullshit injuries compared to the shit that Kobe and Wade play through....

I would stay tuned on that front...

tp2021
02-15-2010, 09:20 PM
What an ass.

You're just mad nobody wants to see little(r) Sequ.

Did I forget anyone?

Yeah. You are short, annoying, a boozer, and short.

Your threads always deliver, though.

DAF86
02-15-2010, 09:21 PM
Maybe something about Duncan?

weebo
02-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Ratliff?

Crazymaddopeyo
02-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Dick J isn't worth 14 mil.
RMJ Jr wants out....
Tony Parker is a lil bitch.
Pop will pay Matt Bonner David Robinson money.
Manu wants out and is pissed because he can't get an extension.
Ian can't play because Pop doesn't want to pay to keep him.
Popovich is senile and can't coach a girlscout team.
McDice can barely walk.
Blair wants to win the MVP of a got damn rookie game so he can get respect.
Finley and Bogans should be waived immediately.

Did I forget anyone?

Ok, well stop posting here and go pick another team to like and when they start to not play well, turn around and hate them.

SequSpur
02-15-2010, 09:27 PM
Ok, well stop posting here and go pick another team to like and when they start to not play well, turn around and hate them.

I never said I hate them..I believe I pretty much stated the case for each player and their contribution to team chemistry.

I believe you have offered nothing to this conversation and probably should refrain from posting until you can devote some time and thought to the truthfulness of the situation.

:toast

Obstructed_View
02-15-2010, 09:29 PM
I believe you have offered nothing to this conversation

Irony from the little guy. :toast

Baseline
02-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Keep it up, Seq. Great stuff.

We should've known Pop was loosing it when he showed up looking like CIA Santa Claus last year, white beard and all. Buzz cut was long gone. Dude turned into Burl Ives.

Dex
02-15-2010, 09:30 PM
http://floortwo.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/bill-nye.jpg

murpjf88
02-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Welcome back Segu, always good for a laugh.

Sigz
02-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Pink that motherfucker. We busy raising the bar, we don't need little midgets who can't quite reach the urinals running around pissing on everyone!

Crazymaddopeyo
02-15-2010, 09:52 PM
I believe you have offered nothing to this conversation and probably should refrain from posting until you can devote some time and thought to the truthfulness of the situation.

Hmm your opinions are now truthfulness? Right, I really need to contribute to that conversation.

Dex
:lmao :lmao :lmao

The_Worlds_finest
Again i agree with Sequ HOWEVER, mavs trade doesnt scare me but a Amare to cavs will maybe get them over the hump

Mel_13
02-15-2010, 09:53 PM
Gotta love the merge and the new thread title.:lmao

SequSpur
02-15-2010, 09:56 PM
I think it's fuckin stupid and typical bullshit... can't stand the truth huh?

let's trade our best shooter because he doesn't play defense....yeah...tim duncan has given up more dunks in the last 2 weeks than a 10 year career and it's rmj jr's fault....

BanditHiro
02-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Again i agree with Sequ HOWEVER, mavs trade doesnt scare me but a Amare to cavs will maybe get them over the hump

as long as the oppression of the lakers does not return

SequSpur
02-15-2010, 10:05 PM

Spurs do nothing.

poop
02-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Welcome back Segu, always good for a laugh.

its funny, this guy posts NOTHING but negative pure troll stuff and he gets 'aw hes so funny' and seems to be untouchable by mods whilst I and others get alot of undeserved shit from people and get pinked for posting far less crap that 'sequspur' does.

SequSpur
02-15-2010, 10:22 PM
its funny, this guy posts NOTHING but negative pure troll stuff and he gets 'aw hes so funny' and seems to be untouchable by mods whilst I and others get alot of undeserved shit from people and get pinked for posting far less crap that 'sequspur' does.

:sleep

ElNono
02-15-2010, 10:25 PM
:blah

SpurNation
02-15-2010, 10:33 PM

I hope that's still possible although I'm not sure Iggy himself would be a difference maker for this year.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-15-2010, 10:41 PM
rofl

sequ of the corn

Spurtacus
02-15-2010, 11:01 PM

You obviously don't know Sequ.

MaNu4Tres
02-16-2010, 05:59 AM
Sequ's Whining Thread

This was long overdue.

Thank you

SequSpur
02-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Yep. the Spurs aren't going to complete a trade that can get them over the hump. This season is in the toilet. Parker is hurt, Jefferson is still new, I am not sure what Manu is. This team has no big. Bonner is still getting more touches than Lebron James.

The eyes are with the beholder.... Popovich.

Don't get rid of your assets to please a 4 time ring wearin has been. It's time for him to be the GM and let someone else coach this team.

Keep RMJr.

benefactor
02-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Whining thread merge.

honestfool84
02-16-2010, 01:35 PM
whining thread merge.

+1

koriwhat
02-16-2010, 01:54 PM
damn do i hate your thread making but i still come in here because i never check who starts these threads... maybe i should though from here on out.

dbreiden83080
02-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Is it possible to get all that whining in one thread?? :lol

dbestpro
02-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Pop is a soda that has lost its fizz.

mexicanjunior
02-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Your threads are funny...

cheney212
02-16-2010, 04:49 PM
lol-"4 time ring wearing has been"

Obstructed_View
02-16-2010, 05:33 PM
In before the merge. Free post!

SequSpur
02-17-2010, 11:18 PM
watch a fucking game..this team is going nowhere...

matt bonner? bogans? give me a fuckin break...

Bender
02-17-2010, 11:21 PM
I didn't watch the game. but I did turn it on in the middle of the 3rd... we had a nice lead. Then a few minutes later the lead was completely gone... so I lost interest.

easy7
02-17-2010, 11:23 PM
This the same old story, song and dance with the Spurs. If games were only 3 quarters they would be in first place.

UnWantedTheory
02-17-2010, 11:27 PM
Eh, we won.

SequSpur
02-17-2010, 11:42 PM
lottery bound....

SequSpur
02-17-2010, 11:46 PM
Didn't Kobe, make 5 buzz beaters this year? They clearly are the a shitty team, because if Kobe missed those 5 buzz beaters the Lakers would be only have a 2 game lead over Denver.

What is the point of your thread, the Spurs won.

huh? you're losing me boy.

Sean Cagney
02-17-2010, 11:47 PM
watch a fucking game..this team is going nowhere...

matt bonner? bogans? give me a fuckin break...

I know right, those fukkin bums still starting after the break makes me sick to my DAMN STOMACH! YOU GOTTA LITERALLY BE KIDDING ME? Pop is and IDIOT, period.

SequSpur
02-17-2010, 11:48 PM
don't ever forget....

Todd Tango and the rest of Dusty's moderators that post here can suck on my balls....

I'm just saying...

Spurstalk rules ass and it's the best thing since my empty crown royal glass...

We live for another day....

Go Spurs Go....

lennyalderette
02-17-2010, 11:49 PM
god im glad we won, but is it coincidence that pop had blair at center while jefferson was at PF during the time we got our asses kicked? and when timmy and dice or blair and dice were out together the pounding stopped!! god daM pop get it through stubborn ass head you old fart you suck at small ball end of story everyones tired of your shit

SequSpur
02-17-2010, 11:50 PM
god im glad we won, but is it coincidence that pop had blair at center while jefferson was at PF during the time we got our asses kicked? and when timmy and dice or blair and dice were out together the pounding stopped!! god daM pop get it through stubborn ass head you old fart you suck at small ball end of story everyones tired of your shit

Dude....

you need to join my fan club.

Fuck Pop
Po box 762084
San Antonio, tX

SouthTexasRancher
02-17-2010, 11:56 PM
don't ever forget....

Todd Tango and the rest of Dusty's moderators that post here can suck on my balls....

I'm just saying...

Spurstalk rules ass and it's the best thing since my empty crown royal glass...

We live for another day....

Go Spurs Go....

Damn, I bet MSNBC's goofy Chris Matthews got another thrill up his leg with that post.

Sequ is still a kickass poster. All that love that comes forth for all to feel...:drunk

Sean Cagney
02-18-2010, 12:26 AM
god im glad we won, but is it coincidence that pop had blair at center while jefferson was at PF during the time we got our asses kicked? and when timmy and dice or blair and dice were out together the pounding stopped!! god daM pop get it through stubborn ass head you old fart you suck at small ball end of story everyones tired of your shitPops an idiot man, I swear he is just f in stupid alot of times nowadays. He used to have it, now he just is clueless. Hell we need PJ back, beginning to think he had more to do with the runs than POP at times.
Dude....

you need to join my fan club.

Fuck Pop
Po box 762084
San Antonio, tXI joined..... Count me in too.

JustinJDW
02-18-2010, 12:29 AM
Wow, I have never seen such ungrateful fans in my life.

The San Antonio Spurs have kicked ass for the past ten years, with numerous Championships, Playoff Appearances and 50+ Win Seasons. Then, when the Spurs finally struggle a little bit in a Season, you guys bitch and complain about everything! "Fire Pop!" "Trade Tony!" "Trade RJ!" "Blah blah blah!"

Spurs fans on SpursTalk are the only fans I see complain and whine after every loss. LITERALLY! AFTER EVERY FUCKING LOSS! YOU GUYS COMPLAIN! Its disgusting and pathetic.

Even when the Spurs win like tonight, you guys are still bitching and moaning about something. Jesus fucking Christ.

Manudo Flopo
02-18-2010, 12:56 AM
suck ass bitches

Rogue
02-18-2010, 01:07 AM
don't infuriate the shrew or you would drive her cruel, which wouldn't be good.

Fpoonsie
02-18-2010, 02:17 AM
Pop is and IDIOT, period.

Pops an idiot man, ...

Irony, thy name is Cagney.

Fpoonsie
02-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Just figured I'd make it easier for him to find once the big hand makes it back to 12...