Mavs trade:
Dampier
jj barea
rights to nick calathes

Sixers trade:
Dalembert
Speights

Why mavs does this:

might as well go all in now, dalembert is an upgrade from damp, speights is a young stud.

Why sixers do this:
Saves a lot of money for next year, nick calathes is a very good prospect.

Kobe Molested Me
02-13-2010, 11:36 PM
But...but....why would mavs ever get rid of barea?

monosylab1k
02-13-2010, 11:38 PM
Cuban kept Dampier because he still believes he can make another big splash this offseason. I have my doubts, but at least that hope is out there.

This Butler/Haywood deal isn't enough to put the Mavs on the same level as the Lakers, but if Cuban successfully moves Dampier for another high production player, that could be the one.

mavs>spurs2
02-13-2010, 11:42 PM
cuban kept dampier because he still believes he can make another big splash this offseason. I have my doubts, but at least that hope is out there.

This butler/haywood deal isn't enough to put the mavs on the same level as the lakers, but if cuban successfully moves dampier for another high production player, that could be the one.

+1

Rogue
02-13-2010, 11:53 PM
Cuban kept Dampier because he still believes he can make another big splash this offseason. I have my doubts, but at least that hope is out there.

This Butler/Haywood deal isn't enough to put the Mavs on the same level as the Lakers, but if Cuban successfully moves Dampier for another high production player, that could be the one.
stoudmire, bosh watch.

Darthkiller
02-13-2010, 11:56 PM
stoudmire, bosh watch.

those 2 dont help mavs, they got plenty of scoring, they need more defense.

Rogue
02-14-2010, 12:09 AM
those 2 dont help mavs, they got plenty of scoring, they need more defense.
where have they got plenty of scoring? at least I don't see anyone on their current roster who makes stable products at low post. Brand would fit the Mavs great with low post works but his contract is too big for Mavs to absorb.

sefant77
02-14-2010, 12:13 AM
Damp-Dalembert is a downgrade...

Anf of course keep the dustchip option. Our team just got even more interesting for Sammy Superstar seeking a ring...

Allanon
02-14-2010, 12:16 AM
I can see the Sixers giving up Dalembert for cheap but they're holding onto Speights unless they get something great in return.

Rogue
02-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Damp-Dalembert is a downgrade...

Anf of course keep the dustchip option. Our team just got even more interesting for Sammy Superstar seeking a ring...
+1.

Dalembert is only shippable when packed with Iggy as sugarcoat

mavsfan1000
02-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Dampier is just fine unless we get a 2 guard with a center. lol