PDA

View Full Version : Kobe: Dirk Should be All-Star MVP

badfish22
02-14-2010, 03:42 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/allstar2010/news/story?id=4912335

With the reigning MVP of the All-Star Game sidelined for this year's event, who will win the honor this year?

"Dirk," Kobe Bryant said Saturday. "He should, he should come out and play the way he plays in Dallas."

Bryant shared MVP honors last year with Shaquille O'Neal, but will miss the game with a sore left ankle. Western Conference coach George Karl tabbed Mavericks forward Nowitzki to replace Bryant in the starting lineup.

Bryant believes the All-Stars will follow usual game tradition of trying to set up the hometown player.

"I certainly would," Bryant said. "He should go out there and just play his game. He's well deserving."

My hatred for Kobe is shrinking by the week. What is up with all this Dirk man-love?

HarlemHeat37
02-14-2010, 03:44 AM
Is that a serious question? LOL..it's in Dallas, it's the All-Star game, Dirk is their franchise player and he's playing..uhhh..

It's not like he's a borderline all-star, he's a memorable player, of course that's why you're seeing so much "man love"..

Rummpd
02-14-2010, 08:38 AM
Durant will come off the bench and steal his thunder - no pun intended.

MavDynasty
02-14-2010, 12:18 PM
dirk never really puts up big numbers in the ASG but we will see

xtremesteven33
02-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Dirk will choke as usual...

Cane
02-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Obviously the West has to win but it'd be disappointing if he didn't get it. Its in Dallas, he already won the Shooting Stars competition, the coach put him as a starter in a pretty unconventional lineup, and its in front of a record breaking crowd loaded with Dirk fans.

But: If its based around fan voting then it'll go to whoever makes a lot of flashy stuff.

badfish22
02-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Is that a serious question? LOL..it's in Dallas, it's the All-Star game, Dirk is their franchise player and he's playing..uhhh..

It's not like he's a borderline all-star, he's a memorable player, of course that's why you're seeing so much "man love"..

I didnt mean with this story. I know its pretty common for the allstars to want the native to win. Its just this is like the 3rd time this month Kobe has been in the dallas media giving over the top praise to the Mavs. I dont know why, it kinda came out of nowhere. First there was that interview when Kobe talked about how tough he thought Dirk was. Then him going nuts over the trade, (which I know is all lies, you dont need to tell me) than this. Who knows, maybe Kobes shoes haven't been selling well in Dallas lol

dirk never really puts up big numbers in the ASG but we will see

Yeah, he always seems like he is scared to be a ball hog in these games, so he does the exact opposite. I think its because he knows his game isn't as exciting to the fans as Kobes, or the rest of the stars.

phxspurfan
02-14-2010, 02:13 PM
too easy

MavDynasty
02-14-2010, 02:15 PM
If they keep feeding him the ball, and I think Karl will since the game is Dallas, he could definitely win it. And I hope he does!

Shit if the Spurs don't re-sign Manu, I wouldn't mind him going to the Mavs next year; him coming off the bench would make Dallas damn scary.

closet mavfan?:hat

picc84
02-14-2010, 02:17 PM
Kobe respects the Spurs and Mavs org.'s and players, so he gives respect to them. If he didn't respect them, he wouldn't say shit. He never says a goddamn thing about the Suns, does he?

badfish22
02-14-2010, 02:26 PM
closet mavfan?:hat

No, but no one wants the Lakers to win.

mavs>spurs2
02-14-2010, 02:29 PM
not at all, shit he can go to any contender. Maybe the Cavs next year if Bron stays. I would say Los Angeles too, and since I live here in Los Angeles would love to see Manu play live, but I just hate the bandwagon Laker fans, period!

Son you deserve respect for that post. I think it's important that we all stand united against the evil los angeles empire, or else the nba could be devoured by darkness. God bless

badfish22
02-14-2010, 02:34 PM

Who is that girl in your avator?

I think you meant sig........

otherwise we have a problem...

mavs>spurs2
02-14-2010, 02:36 PM

Who is that girl in your avator?

keeley hazell