PDA

View Full Version : Would Nash take a buyout and sign cheap with the mavs

Darthkiller
02-14-2010, 10:42 AM
If amare is traded for garbage like hickson, nash needs to ask out. Lakers, Celtics, Mavs, Orlando, Atlanta, Cleveland all can use a PG. I can see him play for mavs because he is good friend with Dirk.

Pelicans78
02-14-2010, 10:44 AM
I don't think Phoenix will let him go. However, if it happened, he would sign with the Lakers.

pauls931
02-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Phoenix won't let him go. Sarver signed him to keep the fans rolling in. Let Amare and Him go and you'll probably have trouble filling the stadium for some time.

ffadicted
02-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Is this for serious?
For reasons mentioned above, this would pretty much destroy the franchise

Darthkiller
02-14-2010, 10:52 AM
Phoenix won't let him go. Sarver signed him to keep the fans rolling in. Let Amare and Him go and you'll probably have trouble filling the stadium for some time.

why would Nash play for a rebuliding team. If nash asks out, there is pretty much nothing Sarver can do.

XFactor
02-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Why sign Nash when Dallas already has Kidd....

JMarkJohns
02-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Nash knew this shitstorm was soon coming when he opted to re-sign. Don't feel bad for him. Don't make excuses, either...

Both he and Hill willingly accepted/chose to play for a cheapass owner likely to deconstruct the team around them within short order. They got their money and seem just fine with this...

Donkeybong
02-14-2010, 11:44 AM
I don't think Phoenix will let him go. However, if it happened, he would sign with the Lakers.

Im curious why you would think the lakers would be the place he would go.

JMarkJohns
02-14-2010, 11:47 AM
The Lakers, maybe more so than any contending team, need a PG, and need a PG that can shoot. Granted, he can't defend, but neither can Fisher anymore...

However, I don't see Nash pressuring for trade/release (and certainly not release, as Sarver would want expiring contracts in return).

mavsfan1000
02-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Why sign Nash when Dallas already has Kidd....
:lol

Rogue
02-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Nash would be an identical version of JJB except older, shittier and more injury prone. Comparably if i were Carlisle I'd rather use JJB than Steve Nash who regularly jacks up shots 3-4 times the amount JJB takes.

Rogue
02-14-2010, 12:03 PM
both are terrible liabilities in defense BTW.

mavsfan1000
02-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Nash would be an identical version of JJB except older, shittier and more injury prone. Comparably if i were Carlisle I'd rather use JJB than Steve Nash who regularly jacks up shots 3-4 times the amount JJB takes.
You didn't just say this. Maybe he's not the player he once was but still way ahead of Barea. Barea shouldn't even get any minutes. So turnover prone and can't pass well. He's also a few inches shorter than Nash and doesn't have the dribbling skills Nash has. I can't believe I'm actually comparing Nash with Barea in the first place.

Donkeybong
02-14-2010, 12:12 PM

lmao... did you just compare JJB to steve nash? :lmao

MavDynasty
02-14-2010, 12:14 PM
I doubt nash would come off the bench behind kidd and i doubt mavs are going to cockblock roddy like they did with devin and stop his development

mavsfan1000
02-14-2010, 12:18 PM
I still won't understand why people continue to talk about Kidd like he is still a big time player. He is like Nash without the driving ability or pull up jump shot these days. At least that is how he has looked the last 10 games. Earlier in the season he was playing well.

pauls931
02-14-2010, 01:38 PM
I still won't understand why people continue to talk about Kidd like he is still a big time player. He is like Nash without the driving ability or pull up jump shot these days. At least that is how he has looked the last 10 games. Earlier in the season he was playing well.

Kidd gets the ball across half court, has a decent 3, and gets the ball to the right person to create. He's there to initiate the offense, not run it.

mavsfan1000
02-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Kidd gets the ball across half court, has a decent 3, and gets the ball to the right person to create. He's there to initiate the offense, not run it.
He really needs to drive more to really get good looks for his teammates. Right now his passes go right to a person that is covered well and forced to take a tough shot or continue to run the offense. He is more like Fisher on offense to be honest. Can't expect much more. It was really refreshing the game Kidd missed as Beaubois and Barea had great nights and showed what a scoring point guard could do for this team. The main problem I have with Kidd is his defense though. He really sags on shooters and allows a lot of open jumpers. Billups and Fisher will be loving this unfortunately.

badfish22
02-14-2010, 01:48 PM

For people who don't understand basketball, and just like to watch the pretty dunks and lay-ups, Kidds game is hard to understand.

mavsfan1000
02-14-2010, 01:53 PM
For people who don't understand basketball, and just like to watch the pretty dunks and lay-ups, Kidds game is hard to understand.
It would be much better to understand if this team didn't drop off so much since the Kidd trade.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Nash doesn't need to ask out. He signed an extension knowing this team would suck, boo fucking hoo if Amare gets traded because the fans blame him for Nash's bad defense, Nash needs to suffer through this and become completely irrelevant just like everyone else. If he were to demand a buy out it would be one of the most bush league piece of shit moves ever, even though I'd be glad to see it happen.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2010, 03:14 PM
why would Nash play for a rebuliding team.

Because he just signed an extension with a rebuilding team!!! Wtf is so hard for people to understand about Nash enjoying the fact he plays for a losing team?

Muser
02-14-2010, 03:16 PM
No.

vander
02-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Is this for serious?
For reasons mentioned above, this would pretty much destroy the franchise

Is that not what Kerr's been trying to do since he got there?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Nash knew this shitstorm was soon coming when he opted to re-sign. Don't feel bad for him. Don't make excuses, either...

Both he and Hill willingly accepted/chose to play for a cheapass owner likely to deconstruct the team around them within short order. They got their money and seem just fine with this...

Yeah, good luck with people not feeling sorry for or making excuses for Nash :lol. Paul Coro and Dan Bickley more or less have the job of doing that. People seem to forget that Nash signed an extension with a team everyone knew sucked. He loves being a loser, don't feel bad for him, be happy for him.

mavs>spurs2
02-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Just out of curiosity, I wonder what a 2 headed Nash/Kidd monster at the PG position would do for the team. When Nash is hot and our offense is firing on all cylinders, the Nash to Dirk connection would be deadly. If Nash starts getting torched, then just sub Kidd back into the game without losing a beat as far as ball handing and distribution goes. Very interesting idea...

badfish22
02-14-2010, 03:23 PM
He was having some fun last night being a winner
http://i48.tinypic.com/ve6kg5.gif

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2010, 03:24 PM
He was having some fun last night being a winner
http://i48.tinypic.com/ve6kg5.gif

:lmao cool he won the skills contest. Let me know when he makes the finals.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2010, 03:25 PM
And Nash wouldn't sign with Dallas, that team has championship aspirations. Championship aspirations aren't exactly Nash's thing.

badfish22
02-14-2010, 03:25 PM
:lmao cool he won the skills contest. Let me know when he makes the finals.

For Nash, skills contest>Finals

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2010, 03:30 PM
For Nash, skills contest>Finals

Don't forget long off season to go play pickup soccer > Finals as well.

mavs>spurs2
02-14-2010, 03:32 PM
And Nash wouldn't sign with Dallas, that team has championship aspirations. Championship aspirations aren't exactly Nash's thing.

But at the other end of the spectrum, you have to imagine how much fun Nash would have with Dirk. I think it's enough fun to tip the scales, IMO.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2010, 03:32 PM
But at the other end of the spectrum, you have to imagine how much fun Nash would have with Dirk. I think it's enough fun to tip the scales, IMO.

He'd have more fun diddling around with Antoni in New York.

mavs>spurs2
02-14-2010, 04:05 PM
He'd have more fun diddling around with Antoni in New York.

More fun than with his BFF and lover? I think not. They'd run the pick and pop and hit 3's all day, then make douchey high fives and other gestures towards each other. They'd have more fun than Michael Jackson in ToysRus

badfish22
02-14-2010, 04:06 PM
http://www.looserecord.com/GoodTimes/uploaded_images/steve-nash-dirk-nowitzki-drunk-drunk-drunk-743085.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2010, 04:06 PM
More fun than with his BFF and lover? I think not. They'd run the pick and pop and hit 3's all day, then make douchey high fives and other gestures towards each other. They'd have more fun than Michael Jackson in ToysRus

His BFF is Raja Bell, sorry to Dirk but Nash has had a lot of fun since they stopped spooning with each other. He would much rather play for Antoni and have the freedom to do whatever he wants. Granted Carlisle is an idiot there would be way too much structure and discipline in Dallas for Nash to handle.

mavs>spurs2
02-14-2010, 04:17 PM
His BFF is Raja Bell, sorry to Dirk but Nash has had a lot of fun since they stopped spooning with each other. He would much rather play for Antoni and have the freedom to do whatever he wants. Granted Carlisle is an idiot there would be way too much structure and discipline in Dallas for Nash to handle.

Son haven't you heard? Nash and Raja got together when they noticed they had so much in common (love for the 3 ball, playing for the suns) but Nash immediately broke up with him years ago when he found out Raja was cheating on him with "Defense" :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Son haven't you heard? Nash and Raja got together when they noticed they had so much in common (love for the 3 ball, playing for the suns) but Nash immediately broke up with him years ago when he found out Raja was cheating on him with "Defense" :lol

Wronga Wronga ding dong. Nash actually cried forever and had many sleepless nights when Raja was traded. The feelings between the two are still hot and heavy. He might actually want to go to Golden State to nurse little Raja's wrist back to good health.

mavs>spurs2
02-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Wronga Wronga ding dong. Nash actually cried forever and had many sleepless nights when Raja was traded. The feelings between the two are still hot and heavy. He might actually want to go to Golden State to nurse little Raja's wrist back to good health.

Everyone knows how much fun he could have in Golden State. Maybe he could even nurse on grandpa Nelsons man titties to regain his youth

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Everyone knows how much fun he could have in Golden State. Maybe he could even nurse on grandpa Nelsons man titties to regain his youth

:lmao

http://bettorsedge.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/don-nelson.jpg

Damn that's more man meat than Dirk, Raja or Antoni could provide for ol' Stevie.