PDA

View Full Version : Amare to Cavs for Big Z and Hickson...

phxspurfan
02-14-2010, 02:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4913305

Sources: Hickson, Ilgauskas to SunsComment Email Print Share By Chris Broussard
ESPN The Magazine
Archive
The Cleveland Cavaliers and Phoenix Suns are closing in on a deal that would send All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire to Cleveland, according to sources with knowledge of the negotiations.

Stoudemire

The Cavaliers would send Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson to Phoenix in exchange for Stoudemire, one of the league's most dominant big men.

While Cleveland remains in talks with several other teams, the club, from management down to the players, has settled on Stoudemire as its first choice.

The ball is in Phoenix's court. The Suns are mulling whether the financial relief provided by Ilgauskas' $12 million contract and the young and talented Hickson are enough for them to part with Stoudemire.

Cleveland believes the addition of Stoudemire would all but seal LeBron James' re-signing with the team when he becomes a free agent this summer. The Cavaliers are also prepared to sign Stoudemire, who has one year and $17 million remaining on his contract, to a long-term contract extension once the season ends.

The Suns would likely waive Ilgauskas, a move that would allow him to be re-signed by Cleveland after 30 days.

Cleveland is also talking with Washington about acquiring Antawn Jamison, as well as Indiana about Troy Murphy. Meanwhile, Golden State is trying to entice the Cavs into taking Corey Maggette for Ilgauskas.

Chris Broussard is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine.

IronMexican
02-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Think you mean Cavs in thread title

phxspurfan
02-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Either C means...Spurs are f'd....

duncan228
02-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Sources: Cavs have competition (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4913834)
By Chris Broussard
ESPN The Magazine

While Cleveland has zeroed in on Amare Stoudemire, it benefits the Suns to let the process play out until the last hours before Thursday's deadline.

Sources with knowledge of the negotiations said Saturday night that the Cavs and Suns were in serious talks about a deal that would send Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson to Phoenix in exchange for Stoudemire, one of the league's most dominant big man.

Stoudemire is averaging 21.2 points and 8.6 rebounds on the season.

But reports that the five-time All-Star Stoudemire could be headed to Cleveland have led other clubs to spice up their offers to Phoenix, according to sources.

The ball is now in Phoenix's court.

The Suns are mulling over whether the financial relief provided by Ilgauskas' $12 million contract -- they'll likely waive Ilgauskas after the trade -- and the young and talented Hickson are enough for them to part with an impact player like Stoudemire.

And the Cavaliers have to be fairly certain that Stoudemire would be willing to re-sign with them before giving up the fast-improving Hickson.

However, according to sources, Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala, appears to be the Suns' top choice.

So far, the Sixers have been leery of giving up their best player for Stoudemire.

While Stoudemire has good relationships with LeBron James and Shaquille O'Neal, some close to Stoudemire believe Miami -- where he lives during the summer -- is his first choice.

Miami has pursued Stoudemire hard but has no one on its roster (besides Dwyane Wade) that interests Phoenix, according to sources. That includes Michael Beasley. So it would take a three-team deal for Stoudemire to be traded to the Heat.

Of course, Cleveland can also pursue three-team deals that would sweeten the offer for Phoenix.

Mark in Austin
02-14-2010, 02:54 PM
The Cavaliers would send Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson to Phoenix in exchange for Stoudemire, one of the league's most dominant one-way big men.

fixed.

mavsfan1000
02-14-2010, 02:56 PM
That makes a difference. Ilgauskas would help spread the floor more for Amare. Now they don't have that.

mavs>spurs2
02-14-2010, 03:00 PM
I think the mavs should offer Damp + Beaubois + whatever else we can throw in

Cane
02-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Any chance in hell the Spurs will try to gamble on this in an effort to ante up?

RJ might play well with Nash..ah fuck it no one wants him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2010, 03:07 PM
:lmao any Spurs fan who thinks they can offer something for Amare.

Trainwreck2100
02-14-2010, 03:08 PM
I think the mavs should offer Damp + Beaubois + whatever else we can throw in

suns won't trade him in conference

Muser
02-14-2010, 03:09 PM
:lol at people thinking Phoenix would take Jefferson for Amare.

bostonguy
02-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Season over for everyone else. Cavs just got even sicker with Amare. Unbeatable? I'd say yes with that lineup.

mavs>spurs2
02-14-2010, 03:12 PM
suns won't trade him in conference

that's usually the case among teams in the hunt, but the suns aren't winning anything in this conference, the eastern conference, the ymca conference, or any other conference anytime soon, so i don't see how it would matter.

bostonguy
02-14-2010, 03:13 PM
You sure did fuck that title up. There is only one team you will ever see me hate on and that's the Celtics.

You'll be hating on the Cavs when they dethrone your team in June and start their dynasty.

Trainwreck2100
02-14-2010, 03:21 PM
:lol at people thinking Phoenix would take Jefferson for Amare.

dats why dey gonna send cash with hin sarver loves his $$$$$

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Amare is actually smarter than people give him credit for. By saying he won't opt out of his contract, he freaked Sarver out about having to pay him another year and indirectly caused a trade out of this shithole of a franchise. Smart move on his part.

j.dizzle
02-14-2010, 03:25 PM
You'll be hating on the Cavs when they dethrone your team in June and start their dynasty.
:lol LOL son, we understand you have a measly 2 bills on the cavs winning the title but you need to get off their balls or change your name hahaha

lurker
02-14-2010, 03:26 PM
If this happens, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Lebron still bails on them. That would be comedy at it's finest.

Trainwreck2100
02-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Amare is actually smarter than people give him credit for. By saying he won't opt out of his contract, he freaked Sarver out about having to pay him another year and indirectly caused a trade out of this shithole of a franchise. Smart move on his part.

he's not THAT smart

GuerillaBlack
02-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Everyone wants to play with LeBron and not Kobe.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/11/2009/12/500x_ap09122507341.jpg

monosylab1k
02-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Future Hall Of Famer JJ Hickson is on his way to Phoenix!

monosylab1k
02-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Season over for everyone else. Cavs just got even sicker with Amare. Unbeatable? I'd say yes with that lineup.

I wouldn't be so sure. Is Amare going to buy into the team defense concept in Cleveland? Will he buy into playing defense at all for the first time in his career? Also, we've seen the Shaq/Amare lineup before, and it had all the chemistry of a train wreck.

Double-Up
02-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Everyone wants to play with LeBron and not Kobe.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/11/2009/12/500x_ap09122507341.jpg

"No surprises here."

JoeTait75
02-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Not 100 percent sure this deal goes down. A lot can change between now and Thursday.

BTW, Hickson isn't all that but neither is Beasley. Dude is the king of empty numbers, he can get 20 and 10 and have absolutely no affect in the outcome of a game.

Xylus
02-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Not 100 percent sure this deal goes down. A lot can change between now and Thursday.

BTW, Hickson isn't all that but neither is Beasley. Dude is the king of empty numbers, he can get 20 and 10 and have absolutely no affect in the outcome of a game.

I don't want Hickson or Beasley. I want Amare.

j.dizzle
02-14-2010, 04:26 PM

Beasley can create his own shot atleast, 95% of hicksons pts come off wide open dunks or alley oops since nobody guards him lmao

Fpoonsie
02-14-2010, 04:28 PM
If this happens, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Lebron still bails on them. That would be comedy at it's finest.

:lol I was thinkin the same thing. A trade like this doesn't necessarily secure Lebron's spot in CLE.

JoeTait75
02-14-2010, 04:31 PM
:lol I was thinkin the same thing. A trade like this doesn't necessarily secure Lebron's spot in CLE.

If he leaves this situation there's nothing that can be done to make him stay in the first place. So it really doesn't matter one way or another.

Fpoonsie
02-14-2010, 04:34 PM
If he leaves this situation there's nothing that can be done to make him stay in the first place. So it really doesn't matter one way or another.

True. I've got nothing against the FANS in CLE, so I don't necessarily wish this on them, it'd just be so fucking cruel, I couldn't HELP but laugh.

Cleveland Steamer
02-14-2010, 04:35 PM
i don't think we need to make this thread to bring home the LOB this year but if we do, the rest of the league is screwed.

JoeTait75
02-14-2010, 04:39 PM
True. I've got nothing against the FANS in CLE, so I don't necessarily wish this on them, it'd just be so fucking cruel, I couldn't HELP but laugh.

If anyone can withstand that kind of kick in the nuts it's Cleveland fans. We've been through pretty much everything a fan base can go through as it is, nothing would overwhelm us at this point.

But I'd be surprised if LeBron left anyway.

JamStone
02-14-2010, 04:52 PM
It will be the end of the world if this happens.

The "Chosen One" and "Black Jesus" on the same team? Heaven will explode.

Fpoonsie
02-14-2010, 04:56 PM

:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2010, 05:14 PM

:lmao

ffadicted
02-14-2010, 05:15 PM

:rollin:rollin

DAF86
02-14-2010, 05:26 PM
:lmao any Spurs fan who thinks they can offer something for Amare.

Well if the Cavs can get him by offering Hickson and Ilgauzkas then the Spurs definitely have the assets to catch the Suns attention.

phxspurfan
02-14-2010, 06:22 PM

:lol

Rimage
02-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Well if the Cavs can get him by offering Hickson and Ilgauzkas then the Spurs definitely have the assets to catch the Suns attention.

You'd have to do something equal like Blair or George Hill, Manu and Finley or Bonner.

Are Spurs fans cool with that?

02-14-2010, 07:37 PM
ohhhhh this is not good for the rest of the league. this is an extremely lopsided trade. cavs give up freaking hickson for amare stoudemire? everyone knows ilgauskas will be bought out and resigned to the cavs. not that they would need him anyways since stoudemire's midrange jumper is just as good, if not better than ilgauskas's. i've said it all along. all james need is a legitimate all star next to him and he will be unstoppable. looks like he's very close in getting one.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2010, 07:38 PM

The Suns don't want Ian Mahinmi, he's a scrub and all 29 other teams know it.

DPG21920
02-14-2010, 07:40 PM
The Suns don't want Ian Mahinmi, he's a scrub and all 29 other teams know it.

Blair? He has shown more than Hickson.

02-14-2010, 07:42 PM
i doubt the suns will want to help the spurs out. if anything, they will be sending amare to the eastern conference.

DPG21920
02-14-2010, 07:44 PM
I don't think the Suns would help the Spurs out, but it is silly to say that if Hickson is he asking price, that the Spurs have nothing of interest.

Scola
02-14-2010, 08:09 PM
This could be Lebron's first chance to play with actual All-Star level player. If it happens, I pencil-in the Cavs for the NBA Finals, although I think the Lakers could still beat them in a series. It could go either way depending on who has home court advantage.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2010, 08:40 PM
Blair? He has shown more than Hickson.

Hickson's ceiling is higher IMO. Blair, and this is just my opinion, is a role player who is only useful on a team trying to contend. I couldn't see any use for him on a team that's rebuilding. If SA is willing to involve George Hill then they probably can offer something better, but the vibes sources are giving off is that Phoenix wants more.

midnightpulp
02-14-2010, 08:46 PM
If this goes down, it's over for the rest of the league. Amare is a perfect fit in Cleveland. And his defense, or lackthereof, won't be too much of a problem since Cleveland plays such excellent team defense. His deficiencies can be hidden in such a system unlike in Phoenix where they're magnified.

21_Blessings
02-14-2010, 08:56 PM
And his defense, or lackthereof, won't be too much of a problem since Cleveland plays such excellent team defense. His deficiencies can be hidden in such a system unlike in Phoenix where they're magnified.

Amare is a shitty team defender thus making Cleveland's team defense worse. Yes this does matter because Amare is a DUMB defensive player and won't magically figure it out all of sudden. And no you can't hide a power forward on defense. Not when he has to defend players like Pau Gasol in the finals.

Ghazi
02-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Amare/Shaq frontline isn't as peachy as it sounds. Amare < Gasol, Shaq < Bynum... and then you have Odom/Artest

02-14-2010, 09:01 PM
it wouldn't matter how bad stoudemire's defense is. no one in the league can guard him either, especially when all the attention will be focused on lebron james. stoudemire will be replacing ilguaskas, who isn't exactly a good defender. too slow to guard power forwards and not strong enough to guard centers.

midnightpulp
02-14-2010, 09:05 PM
Amare is a shitty team defender thus making Cleveland's team defense worse. Yes this does matter because Amare is a DUMB defensive player and won't magically figure it out all of sudden. And no you can't hide a power forward on defense. Not when he has to defend players like Pau Gasol in the finals.

Remember all the speculation about Gasol being a terrible defensive player and a soft interior presence?

Those Memphis Grizzlies were always one of the worst defenses in the league and Gasol was terrible on defense his last 3 years there.

Then he gets on a team that plays above average defense and his flaws in that area no longer seem to be a substantial problem.

slick'81
02-14-2010, 09:49 PM
if that trade did happen and big z got bought out why would the cavs need soo many bigs lol

DAF86
02-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Hickson's ceiling is higher IMO. Blair, and this is just my opinion, is a role player who is only useful on a team trying to contend. I couldn't see any use for him on a team that's rebuilding. If SA is willing to involve George Hill then they probably can offer something better, but the vibes sources are giving off is that Phoenix wants more.

Blair, Hill, Mahinmi, Splitter a combo of any of those is a hell lot better than JJ Hickson IMO.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2010, 09:52 PM
Blair, Hill, Mahinmi, Splitter a combo of any of those is a hell lot better than JJ Hickson IMO.

Not really since Mahinmi is a D-leaguer and Splitter is never going to come to the NBA. As much as Spurfan talks about Mahinmi and Splitter they sure seem to involve them in trade ideas a lot.

slick'81
02-14-2010, 09:52 PM
hickson has alot of upside but would starting in phoenix help him break out?!?!

DAF86
02-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Not really since Mahinmi is a D-leaguer and Splitter is never going to come to the NBA. As much as Spurfan talks about Mahinmi and Splitter they sure seem to involve them in trade ideas a lot.

What does Hickson have besides a great jumping ability and a lot of energy?

DPG21920
02-14-2010, 09:55 PM

You know this to be true? Spurs seem very confident that he will join them next year and there was very logical reasons why it has not happened sooner.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2010, 09:57 PM
You know this to be true? Spurs seem very confident that he will join them next year and there was very logical reasons why it has not happened sooner.

He must be really good seeing that you guys involve him in so many trade ideas :tu

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2010, 09:57 PM
What does Hickson have besides a great jumping ability and a lot of energy?

ACL's

DAF86
02-14-2010, 09:59 PM
He must be really good seeing that you guys involve him in so many trade ideas :tu

'Cause we are thinking about the present not the future.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2010, 10:00 PM
'Cause we are thinking about the present not the future.

The way you guys talk about Splitter I figured he was the present and the future.

DAF86
02-14-2010, 10:07 PM
The way you guys talk about Splitter I figured he was the present and the future.

Meh, I don't think a whole lot about Splitter, however how can he be the present if he isn't even in the squad?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-14-2010, 10:09 PM
Meh, I don't think a whole lot about Splitter, however how can he be the present if he isn't even in the squad?

I'm not saying you in particular, just saying some of the threads I've seen on this site about him make it out to be that he'll be an instant all star once he hits the NBA.

DPG21920
02-15-2010, 12:20 AM

What does that have to do with the fact you said something you know nothing about? You said Splitter is never coming over. What does the fact Spurs fans include him in fictional trades have to do with you being wrong?

I guess Amare must be really good seeing that you guys involve him in so many trade ideas :tu

namlook
02-15-2010, 12:23 AM
This deal makes no sense for the Suns. They can do better than Hickson.

Armando
02-15-2010, 12:23 AM
I just don't see why the Cavs would even think of making any trades. Is not like Shaq/Amare worked well the 1st time.

Findog
02-15-2010, 12:25 AM
Since they would buy Z out, they'd be giving up Amare for Hickson? And not even any picks thrown in? Amare is way overrated, but that's giving him away for like 30 cents on the dollar. They can do better than that. He's 27 years old. They're better off keeping him, letting him opt-in for the final year of his contract, then dealing him next year.

Then again, this is Kerr and penny-pinching Sarver for talking about here, so who knows...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-15-2010, 12:26 AM
What does that have to do with the fact you said something you know nothing about? You said Splitter is never coming over. What does the fact Spurs fans include him in fictional trades have to do with you being wrong?

I guess Amare must be really good seeing that you guys involve him in so many trade ideas :tu

Well see if he actually does come over. And I'm not including Amare in any trades, I'd rather keep him. You guys seem to offer the package of Tiago "mini Duncan" Splitter and Ian "mini D-Rob" Mahinmi around a lot for players who are so good

bostonguy
02-15-2010, 12:29 AM
I just don't see why the Cavs would even think of making any trades. Is not like Shaq/Amare worked well the 1st time.

Because they could use a #2 guy and the team they currently have is built for this year only. They stand pat, it could fuck them over in the long run. They won't have any expiring deals anytime soon and Shaq/Z/Parker aren't getting any younger.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-15-2010, 12:30 AM
Spurs seem very confident that he will join them next year

:lmao yeah, and they felt confident a year ago and the year before that.

bostonguy
02-15-2010, 12:31 AM
Cavs only major concern left is a #2 guy. Getting Amare not only gets them that, but a sidekick for Lebron for the long haul. Shaq is gone after this year most likely.

Armando
02-15-2010, 12:35 AM
Cavs only major concern left is a #2 guy. Getting Amare not only gets them that, but a sidekick for Lebron for the long haul. Shaq is gone after this year most likely.

You are assuming that Amare sticks around in Cleveland. For that matter LeBron.

JMarkJohns
02-15-2010, 12:38 AM
I think the assumption is that Amare doesn't opt-out with James, and that Amare's acquisition provides a talent foundation to rival any other team in hopes of re-signing James.

DPG21920
02-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Well see if he actually does come over. And I'm not including Amare in any trades, I'd rather keep him. You guys seem to offer the package of Tiago "mini Duncan" Splitter and Ian "mini D-Rob" Mahinmi around a lot for players who are so good

Who is "you guys"? Plenty of Suns fans seem to want Amare gone. Not to mention your actual front office shops him around for real :rollin. I don't get your point, except that you can't admit you are wrong.

You fail to see why guys like Ian and Tiago are useful as trade chips because you lack basic understanding of how the real basketball world works. People take flyers on guys all the time and they make small trades to obtain draft picks and use guys like Ian to make salaries match in bigger trades.

:lmao yeah, and they felt confident a year ago and the year before that.

This just shows your ignorance. There are very practical reasons why he did not come. It was not a great surprise. Disappointing, sure.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Who is "you guys"? Plenty of Suns fans seem to want Amare gone. Not to mention your actual front office shops him around for real :rollin. I don't get your point, except that you can't admit you are wrong.

You fail to see why guys like Ian and Tiago are useful as trade chips because you lack basic understanding of how the real basketball world works. People take flyers on guys all the time and they make small trades to obtain draft picks and use guys like Ian to make salaries match in bigger trades.

This just shows your ignorance. There are very practical reasons why he did not come. It was not a great surprise. Disappointing, sure.

All this talk about how I'm ignorant and wrong yet you don't give any reason why. If there are practical reasons he hasn't come over yet, there sure as hell are practical reasons why he won't be coming over next year. My only point was that it's funny Spurfan constantly talks about how good Mahinmi and Splitter are, yet never hesitates to involve them as filler in trades. The next David Robinson normally wouldn't be involved in a trade as filler.

himat
02-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Oh you guys bumped this thread.

I thought the Cavs actually pulled off the trade for a second. Scared me.

Xylus
02-15-2010, 10:18 PM

The Suns are shopping Amare for financial reasons, and that's it. 95% of the Suns fans I've talked to want Amare to stay, especially after they've heard what kind of offers the Suns are getting for him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-15-2010, 10:22 PM
The Suns are shopping Amare for financial reasons, and that's it. 95% of the Suns fans I've talked to want Amare to stay, especially after they've heard what kind of offers the Suns are getting for him.

Hey Screw Amare we could have 1st all developmental league center Ian "David Robinson" Mahinmi!!!

Pistons < Spurs
02-15-2010, 11:40 PM
WojYahooNBA

GM's and agents expect flurry of activity Tuesday. Everyone was holding deck close today, including PHX and Cavs. Best offers are on way.

badfish22
02-15-2010, 11:44 PM
STEIN_LINE_HQ Just filed to ESPN.com: Miami working H-A-R-D to recruit third team to trump Cleveland in Amare Sweepstakes.

Xylus
02-15-2010, 11:46 PM
I'd much rather deal with Miami than Cleveland.

badfish22
02-15-2010, 11:48 PM
STEIN_LINE_HQ: just filed an extensive piece on Cleveland adding Corey Maggette to its Amare fallback list

poop
02-15-2010, 11:48 PM
i hope miami gets him.

Findog
02-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Phoenix would be nuts to accept JJ Hickson and a soon to boomerang Z. You get cap relief and NOTHING else, not even draft picks. if you're going to give up a guy like Amare, you need cap relief, picks + a good, young player. Hickson is not enough to satisfy that third requirement.

Findog
02-15-2010, 11:52 PM
i hope miami gets him.

So do I. Adding Amare won't get them past the second round in the East, and I'm pretty sure he'll opt-in for the final year of his contract, which means no cap space to sign LeBron. Amare may be dumb, but whoever his agent is will have a little more sense, and there's no reason to opt out of the final year with the looming 2011 lockout.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-16-2010, 12:31 AM
So do I. Adding Amare won't get them past the second round in the East, and I'm pretty sure he'll opt-in for the final year of his contract, which means no cap space to sign LeBron. Amare may be dumb, but whoever his agent is will have a little more sense, and there's no reason to opt out of the final year with the looming 2011 lockout.

Son would Ian Mahinmi be enough?

mojorizen7
02-16-2010, 01:38 AM
I'd much rather deal with Miami than Cleveland.

This. Any picks(and there'd better be picks involved) from CLEV aren't as potentially sweet as MIA picks.
Then there's the obvious factor of CLEV has nothing to offer that i want.

Jeremy
02-16-2010, 02:05 AM
Since Heat are DESPERATE for Amare then we better get tons of picks, whatever talent we want, etc.

Jeremy
02-16-2010, 02:07 AM
And maybe we can get Miami to take J-Rich, too!

Xylus
02-16-2010, 02:10 AM
And maybe we can get Miami to take J-Rich, too!

That would be nice, but I don't see it happening. Unless the Heat want to start two SG's.

Trainwreck2100
02-16-2010, 02:14 AM
Son would Ian Mahinmi be enough?

JAMES motherfucking WHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 moetherfucker

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-16-2010, 02:36 AM
Sons I'm trying to study for a business ethics test but I'd rather create hypothetical Amare trades :cry

21_Blessings
02-16-2010, 03:16 AM
Phoenix using the shit out Cleveland for leverage

DPG21920
02-16-2010, 06:10 PM
All this talk about how I'm ignorant and wrong yet you don't give any reason why. If there are practical reasons he hasn't come over yet, there sure as hell are practical reasons why he won't be coming over next year. My only point was that it's funny Spurfan constantly talks about how good Mahinmi and Splitter are, yet never hesitates to involve them as filler in trades. The next David Robinson normally wouldn't be involved in a trade as filler.

:lol You are failing so hard, but I don't want to drop the hammer quite yet. I want to see how far you will actually go when you don't know what you are talking about.

There are practical reasons why he did not come last year, but why he could likely come this year.

Also, you are greatly over exaggerating Spurs fans affection for Ian & Tiago. Ian has shown some very exciting flashes, along with mind-boggling missteps. Same with Splitter (except he is doing very well as a pro). No one talks about them being the next David Robinson, but Spurs fans would like to see Ian get time to see what they have. They would like Tiago, because he has a skillset the Spurs need. No one knows how good they will be, just like when you draft someone (Robin Lopez for example). Does that mean you cannot ever speculate?

Yes, they still are very useful as a filler in trades for multiple reasons and plenty of teams have traded for nothing more than the allure of "upside". You know nothing of Ian or Tiago and just because you use hyperbole to try and sound funny, does not make what you say correct.

duncan228
02-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Twitter.

Amare Stoudemire: I play very well w/Shaq. I averaged more pts last year WITH him & played better D. You guys can stop saying we don’t play well together.

angelbelow
02-16-2010, 06:38 PM
So is this trade Official yet?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-16-2010, 07:09 PM
:lol You are failing so hard, but I don't want to drop the hammer quite yet. I want to see how far you will actually go when you don't know what you are talking about.

There are practical reasons why he did not come last year, but why he could likely come this year.

Also, you are greatly over exaggerating Spurs fans affection for Ian & Tiago. Ian has shown some very exciting flashes, along with mind-boggling missteps. Same with Splitter (except he is doing very well as a pro). No one talks about them being the next David Robinson, but Spurs fans would like to see Ian get time to see what they have. They would like Tiago, because he has a skillset the Spurs need. No one knows how good they will be, just like when you draft someone (Robin Lopez for example). Does that mean you cannot ever speculate?

Yes, they still are very useful as a filler in trades for multiple reasons and plenty of teams have traded for nothing more than the allure of "upside". You know nothing of Ian or Tiago and just because you use hyperbole to try and sound funny, does not make what you say correct.

Thanks for proving my point. They are both good for filler in trades but nothing more. Sorry you're butt hurt that nobody wants the Spurs' garbage prospects that you guys constantly talk about. And please, enlighten me on what those practical reasons are. You're right, I have no idea about Tiago Splitter, and I don't really care to know about Tiago Splitter. All I know is the past several off seasons have supposed to have been the off seasons he comes over, and he wound up not. I'm sure there is a "practical reason" why he might not come over next season.

Mahinmi was drafted in 2005 and has played in 12 career games. You get a pretty good gauge of how good a player will/won't be when they're in and out of the D-league.

Nice try making it sound like there's so much to learn about two players who have played a combined 69 NBA minutes.

DPG21920
02-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Thanks for proving my point. They are both good for filler in trades but nothing more. Sorry you're butt hurt that nobody wants the Spurs' garbage prospects that you guys constantly talk about. And please, enlighten me on what those practical reasons are. You're right, I have no idea about Tiago Splitter, and I don't really care to know about Tiago Splitter. All I know is the past several off seasons have supposed to have been the off seasons he comes over, and he wound up not. I'm sure there is a "practical reason" why he might not come over next season.

Mahinmi was drafted in 2005 and has played in 12 career games. You get a pretty good gauge of how good a player will/won't be when they're in and out of the D-league.

Nice try making it sound like there's so much to learn about two players who have played a combined 69 NBA minutes.

What is your point :lol, that you are wrong and they are useful in trades? That no one calls them the next DRob except you?

Why would I be butthurt? Where have you ever seen me act like those guys could bring in a high caliber player straight up? Show me where anyone seriously says that Ian or Tiago can bring back high quality NBA players in context.

No, you can't get a good guage on a player unless he plays. That is the exact point of debate between Spurs fans with Ian. They want him to get minutes when it makes sense, so you truly can know what you have. You spin that into "Spurs fans act like they have Wilt". It is just a garbage take.

LMFAO at Ian being "in and out of the D-League". He is only 23 years old and could still be in college. He dominated the D-League and missed his chance with the big boys so far because of injury and bad coaching. Call it what you will, but it is far from the hyperbole you spew.

There is plenty to learn about Tiago (see Scola, Casspi & other potential good foreign players). Do you not know about foreign prospects? He is a pro in a good league and he is a young big. Of course there is something to learn, especially if you follow prospects.

:lol at you begging to be enlightened about the "practical reasons". Either do your research and be educated on what you are arguing about, or don't argue. Don't just walk around like you actually know something. Just say, I don't know wtf I am talking about and move on. Instead you will try and slander any and everything because you are indeed a hater.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-16-2010, 09:44 PM
What is your point :lol, that you are wrong and they are useful in trades? That no one calls them the next DRob except you?

Why would I be butthurt? Where have you ever seen me act like those guys could bring in a high caliber player straight up? Show me where anyone seriously says that Ian or Tiago can bring back high quality NBA players in context.

No, you can't get a good guage on a player unless he plays. That is the exact point of debate between Spurs fans with Ian. They want him to get minutes when it makes sense, so you truly can know what you have. You spin that into "Spurs fans act like they have Wilt". It is just a garbage take.

LMFAO at Ian being "in and out of the D-League". He is only 23 years old and could still be in college. He dominated the D-League and missed his chance with the big boys so far because of injury and bad coaching. Call it what you will, but it is far from the hyperbole you spew.

There is plenty to learn about Tiago (see Scola, Casspi & other potential good foreign players). Do you not know about foreign prospects? He is a pro in a good league and he is a young big. Of course there is something to learn, especially if you follow prospects.

:lol at you begging to be enlightened about the "practical reasons". Either do your research and be educated on what you are arguing about, or don't argue. Don't just walk around like you actually know something. Just say, I don't know wtf I am talking about and move on. Instead you will try and slander any and everything because you are indeed a hater.

Cool story bro. This essay you wrote is how I know you're butt hurt. Props to Mahinmi for dominating the D-league. I wonder why Matt Carroll never plays since he won D-league MVP.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-16-2010, 09:50 PM
PS - I asked for you to reveal these "practical reasons", why haven't you done so?

DPG21920
02-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Cool story bro. This essay you wrote is how I know you're butt hurt. Props to Mahinmi for dominating the D-league. I wonder why Matt Carroll never plays since he won D-league MVP.

:lol at this hater right here. Matt Carroll is 23 and 6'11? Just because you spew throw away lines like "cool story bro" & "butthurt" & "Ian "Robinson" Mahinimi" does not make what you say true. You just look like a walking internet cliche.

I can do this to, watch. I can tell you are butthurt because you keep replying to me. Someone who is not butthurt about being wrong would just let it go.

PS - I asked for you to reveal these "practical reasons", why haven't you done so?

at you begging to be enlightened about the "practical reasons". Either do your research and be educated on what you are arguing about, or don't argue. Don't just walk around like you actually know something. Just say, I don't know wtf I am talking about and move on. Instead you will try and slander any and everything because you are indeed a hater.

Continued...I can tell you are butthurt about looking foolish again, like usual, arguing just to argue. Just like on the Arenas gun charge :lol. It does not get more butthurt than begging someone for information and writing things like "ps". You have proven you don't know what the fuck you are talking about, so just give it up and quit acting butthurt.

If you want to argue something, you don't ask the person you are arguing with to do research for you. Either you know something or you don't. Why can't you look it up on your own? You seem to be confident that you are right and are willing to argue with someone at length about it like you know wtf is going on?