PDA

View Full Version : Year of the Yao (LAME!!!)

MaNuMaNiAc
04-30-2005, 07:37 AM
This guy has accomplished absolutely NOTHING other than growing to be 7 feet tall and being Chinese, and they're already calling him a legend??? This is the worst piece of shit attempt on behalf of the NBA to promote its business in China!! THE GUY ISN'T EVEN ALL THAT GOOD!! The trailer for Year of the Yao made me sick.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2005, 12:08 PM
Didn't they put Shaq on the 50 Greatest Players list when he'd been in the league fewer years than Yao? Hopefully Yao stays healthy long enough to live up to the premature hype.

red kryptonite
04-30-2005, 12:40 PM
the difference between o'neal and yao was shaq was good in his first year. and his second year.

yao was ok.

ALVAREZ6
04-30-2005, 01:21 PM
the difference between o'neal and yao was shaq was good in his first year. and his second year.

yao was ok.
the difference between shaq and yao is that one of them dominates, the other one doesn't.

One of them will be remembered as one of the most dominant players ever, the other one won't.

One of them will retire with at least 3 rings, the other one won't.

TDMVPDPOY
04-30-2005, 01:46 PM
ppl have high expectations from yao, they expect every big mofo comin into the league to dominate the game, fuck look at bradley, no point in hypeing up yao if he doesnt deliver.

when td retires = MDE!!!

mookie2001
04-30-2005, 02:33 PM
yeah i dont think anyone thought yao would be shaqlike, he's still pretty dam good, i would love to have him on the spurs, the reason he's so hyped is because theres a billion+ people in china, where hardly anyone has cable or nba merchandise, which the nba and its partners are trying to sell

TMTTRIO
04-30-2005, 03:09 PM
Yeah I can't believe there's going to be a movie on him even though he hasn't even accomplished anything. If they're going to do movies like these, they might as well come up with a Year of Manu movie, at least that would be entertaining :lol

Obstructed_View
04-30-2005, 04:18 PM
the difference between shaq and yao is that one of them dominates, the other one doesn't.

One of them will be remembered as one of the most dominant players ever, the other one won't.

One of them will retire with at least 3 rings, the other one won't.

You can't possibly know that because Yao hasn't played an entire career. Shaq hadn't done any of the things you mentioned at the time he was put on the 50 greatest players list. My point is that both of them were over-hyped early and Shaq was lucky enough to live up to it. If Yao works as hard and plays as long as Shaq he has a chance of doing the things Shaq has done.

Pandaemonaeon
05-01-2005, 01:14 AM
Yao is the "I didn't do it" kid (Simpsons reference ahoy!) of the NBA. He's famous for one thing and that's... you know what, I really don't know. Whenever I see him play he's either fading away on a defender several inches shorter and lighter than him, or falling down. I suppose we could produce a movie called "Mark Blount: Jumpshooter" or "Beno Udrih: Pride of Slovenia" based on those ridiculous criterion.

boutons
05-01-2005, 07:38 AM
Yao's problem that is tall, but not athletic or coordinated, has not upper body strength and weak hands, and his klutziness causes him to foul too much, just like Rasho. Shaq got fat but had some coordination, and speed, for a big man.

Yao will work hard, and get somewhat better, will be desirable to have on the floor, but in his 3rd year in the league, I don't think he'll ever be a top player, he'll just be tall.

Nikos
05-01-2005, 11:10 AM
Please. Yao is a very good player. He is not an ALL NBA calibur player right now, but he is still a substancial force on both ends of the court.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-01-2005, 12:06 PM
My point is he is NOT A LEGEND!!

Spurminator
05-01-2005, 02:24 PM
Year of the Yao is not about hyping Yao as a great NBA player. He has an interesting personal story.

reydawg
05-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Let's hope it's better than the work of some of his NBA contemporaries

http://www.advantage-designs.biz/VidBoxSlideShow/MoviesDonMade/Kazaam-frnt.jpg

slayermin
05-01-2005, 05:17 PM
As a basketball fan, it is overhype for a good player that isn't consistent.

But from a filmmaker's point of view, I think it's a great idea for a documentary. If I had the money, I would love to make a documentary about Manu Ginobili.