PDA

View Full Version : So Dallas get Butler and Haywood and Cleveland get Amare.

ginobili fan
02-14-2010, 06:42 PM
And the SPURS get what.

Cleveland team:

Lebron
Shaq
Amare

This is scary.

I think Spurs dreams are over definetly.
I know we are'nt even sur to make the playoffs, to beat the lakers is almost impossible and somehow we get to finals against Cleveland this is just :lmao :lmao:lmao

slick'81
02-14-2010, 06:45 PM
spurs get rj for the rest of this season and more bonner and finley at pf lol

ginobili fan
02-14-2010, 06:48 PM
yeah but this is nba BS we want lebron to win the ring.
we want kobe vs lebron.

mytespurs
02-14-2010, 07:03 PM
And the SPURS get what.

Cleveland team:

Lebron
Shaq
Amare

This is scary.

I know we are'nt even sur to make the playoffs, to beat the lakers is almost impossible and somehow we get to finals against Cleveland this is just :lmao :lmao:lmao

It's hilarious to fathom that the Spurs will even whiff the WCF much less divisonal round this year....it may be another 1 and done year for Spurs and the time to slowly rebuild for the future.

all_heart
02-14-2010, 07:14 PM
it's fucked up.. that's what it is. All the contenders are gearing up for war by stockpiling bigs.. and Spurs... Spurs will make the playoffs but after that it doesn't look very good.

Pentagruel
02-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Is Amare to Cleveland confirmed...?

exstatic
02-14-2010, 07:28 PM
cnnsi's NBA page doesn't show any Amare trade. What, exactly are you crying about?

Even if Cleveland gets him, so what? Amare sucks at defense, which is what we need. He is quite possibly the worst big man defender in the league. This will likely end up being their RJ trade, the suck ass acquisition that keeps them out of the FA derby.

Russ
02-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Is this the same Caron Butler that ushered in the Lakers' lost years of noncontention?

mytespurs
02-14-2010, 07:34 PM
it's fucked up.. that's what it is. All the contenders are gearing up for war by stockpiling bigs.. and Spurs... Spurs will make the playoffs but after that it doesn't look very good.

It didn't look good for the Spurs prior to the contenders stockpiling...hasn't changed much since then.

200 miles
02-14-2010, 07:34 PM
It's bad enough that the Spurs FO are just standing around with thumbs up their asses, but what's worse is that the only teams that are being proactive are the ones we cannot stand to see them go all the way.

I mean really how many of you are actually rooting for the Cavs and/or Mavs? If the Spurs can't make any moves, then at least any possible moves for some of the other teams can that have a shot at stopping LAL, CLE OR DAL. Besides, is there any realistic chance that we can get A. Randolph and Maggette from the Warriors by giving up RJ?

SpurCharger
02-14-2010, 07:35 PM
The Amare trade Is not official..... there are Other Teams Still bidding For Amare, and the suns will take the Best Deal....

duncan228
02-14-2010, 07:40 PM
The latest I've found, a few hours ago.

Sources: Teams sweeten Amare offers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4913834)
By Chris Broussard
ESPN The Magazine

While Cleveland has zeroed in on Amare Stoudemire, it benefits the Suns to let the process play out until the last hours before Thursday's deadline.

Sources with knowledge of the negotiations said Saturday night that the Cavs and Suns were in serious talks about a deal that would send Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson to Phoenix in exchange for Stoudemire, one of the league's most dominant big man.

Stoudemire is averaging 21.2 points and 8.6 rebounds on the season.

But reports that the five-time All-Star Stoudemire could be headed to Cleveland have led other clubs to spice up their offers to Phoenix, according to sources.

The ball is now in Phoenix's court.

The Suns are mulling over whether the financial relief provided by Ilgauskas' $12 million contract -- they'll likely waive Ilgauskas after the trade -- and the young and talented Hickson are enough for them to part with an impact player like Stoudemire.

And the Cavaliers have to be fairly certain that Stoudemire would be willing to re-sign with them before giving up the fast-improving Hickson.

However, according to sources, Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala, appears to be the Suns' top choice.

So far, the Sixers have been leery of giving up their best player for Stoudemire.

While Stoudemire has good relationships with LeBron James and Shaquille O'Neal, some close to Stoudemire believe Miami -- where he lives during the summer -- is his first choice.

Miami has pursued Stoudemire hard but has no one on its roster (besides Dwyane Wade) that interests Phoenix, according to sources. That includes Michael Beasley. So it would take a three-team deal for Stoudemire to be traded to the Heat.

Of course, Cleveland can also pursue three-team deals that would sweeten the offer for Phoenix.

EricB
02-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Im just curious what the Spurs are supposed to do.

Put a gun to team's heads and force trades?

Again I restate. So much for the bar being raised.

all_heart
02-14-2010, 07:46 PM
cnnsi's NBA page doesn't show any Amare trade. What, exactly are you crying about?

Even if Cleveland gets him, so what? Amare sucks at defense, which is what we need. He is quite possibly the worst big man defender in the league. This will likely end up being their RJ trade, the suck ass acquisition that keeps them out of the FA derby.

At least Amare can score.. If anything his ppg will go down a bit because of LJ.

exstatic
02-14-2010, 07:47 PM
At least Amare can score.. If anything his ppg will go down a bit because of LJ.

WE DON'T LACK SCORING. WE LACK DEFENSE. Recognize. This is the best Spurs offensive team since the mid 90s.

SaTownFan
02-14-2010, 07:58 PM
And the SPURS get what.

Cleveland team:

Lebron
Shaq
Amare

This is scary.

Because Amare and Shaq did great when they were together with the Suns! Stop over reacting! Lol

PDXSpursFan
02-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Spurs get....

Finley and Bonner extended :bang

poop
02-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Im just curious what the Spurs are supposed to do.

Put a gun to team's heads and force trades?

if necessary yes.

murpjf88
02-14-2010, 08:12 PM
WE DON'T LACK SCORING. WE LACK DEFENSE. Recognize. This is the best Spurs offensive team since the mid 90s.

Better than 2003, when we had stephen Jackson, hardly. The offense is a mirage. Against lesser opponents, the offense is great, but against playoff teams, not so much. The fourth quarter efficiency is pretty bad and with Parker hobbled, they lack a goto guy in the clutch. The offense at times, struggles just as much as the defense.

Thompson
02-14-2010, 08:14 PM
I wonder if Z would consider signing here if the Suns bought him out. He could be a starter for us, rather than a 2nd or 3rd big for the Cavs. He could also join us sooner, and he wouldn't have to pose for 'pictures' with LeBron, Shaq and co. any more.

EricB
02-14-2010, 08:42 PM
if necessary yes.

Quit posting for the fuck of god...

spurtech09
02-14-2010, 08:44 PM
people its not the end of the world you know...so what if the nba is rigged

exstatic
02-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Better than 2003, when we had stephen Jackson, hardly. The offense is a mirage. Against lesser opponents, the offense is great, but against playoff teams, not so much. The fourth quarter efficiency is pretty bad and with Parker hobbled, they lack a goto guy in the clutch. The offense at times, struggles just as much as the defense.

And Amare is going to somehow play PG and open up the offense?

Offenses ebb and flow every game with the strength of the opponent. The only way to truly compare is per game points for the year.

2009-2010 100.9
2002-2003 95.8

Now the defenses

2009-2010 96.2 45.5% FG
2002-2003 90.4 42.7% FG

OVERALL, the offense isn't the problem. There are times when it may seem so, but USUALLY, THOSE DRY SPELLS ARE PRECEDED BY A BREAKDOWN IN THE DEFENSE for 4 or 5 possessions, putting the offense into come from behind mode.

MaNu4Tres
02-14-2010, 08:48 PM

No shit.

Tell your boy Sequ that too.

That guy has to be the worst thread starter, yet he gets a free pass every time.

timtonymanu
02-14-2010, 09:23 PM
if the spurs dont trade, so what? You guys gonna switch teams. y'all believed in this group at the beginning of the season. yes they have disappointed, but what can you do? we cant magically pull a trade out of our asses. we already did that with rj. what makes you think spurs will make a blockbuster deal again?

jag
02-14-2010, 09:25 PM
There are only so many shots to go around. Adding more scorers isn't going to make this team better. Since when did Suns ball ever make a championship team??? The Spurs need a big, proven, defensive body.

all_heart
02-14-2010, 09:27 PM

Yes we do lack D. That's for sure. What I'm saying is that at least Amare will score for the Cavs, unlike RJ for us. Consistently anyways. Honestly, we score ok, we have lost a bunch of games by giving up 10pt leads, where we can't stop them or trade buckets. We are better on paper than we are in real life...

all_heart
02-14-2010, 09:30 PM
I heard Z will resign with the Cavs when the Suns waive him. I hope the Spurs try to sign him, I rather have Z than Bonner.

exstatic
02-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Yes we do lack D. That's for sure. What I'm saying is that at least Amare will score for the Cavs, unlike RJ for us. Consistently anyways. Honestly, we score ok, we have lost a bunch of games by giving up 10pt leads, where we can't stop them or trade buckets. We are better on paper than we are in real life...

Believe it or not, we don't need much scoring from RJ. As long as he's offensively efficient, we'd be OK. He MUST stop being a fucking turnstile on defense, though. The Spurs have integrated rookies/newbies easier than this. He doesn't understand basic help defense. The prime rule is always be aware of your man, and where the ball is at all times. It seems like he almost never knows where the ball is if his man doesn't have it. His weakside help is for shit, and ALWAYS late if it comes.

Solid D
02-14-2010, 09:58 PM
And the SPURS get what.

Cleveland team:

Lebron
Shaq
Amare

This is scary.

Remember when you went to the fair or carnaval when you were a kid? Remember your dad giving each kid money to spend on whatever they wanted, to last for the whole day....and you spent all of your money in the first 30 minutes throwing baseballs or at the shooting gallery or ring toss? Remember how you felt you got taken by the carney and a gun that didn't shoot straight or an unforgiving target and too small of a ring to win the Big Stuffed Animal?

Then you go to your dad for more money, you are lectured for spending your money more wisely, and you dejectedly have to follow around with your parents or siblings with no more money to spend?

I give you the 2010 San Antonio Spurs. :depressed

polandprzem
02-14-2010, 10:03 PM

What happend with gotdamn instead of god damn?

jack sommerset
02-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Damn, Kerr is one dumb bastard.

murpjf88
02-14-2010, 10:06 PM
And Amare is going to somehow play PG and open up the offense?

Offenses ebb and flow every game with the strength of the opponent. The only way to truly compare is per game points for the year.

2009-2010 100.9
2002-2003 95.8

Now the defenses

2009-2010 96.2 45.5% FG
2002-2003 90.4 42.7% FG

OVERALL, the offense isn't the problem. There are times when it may seem so, but USUALLY, THOSE DRY SPELLS ARE PRECEDED BY A BREAKDOWN IN THE DEFENSE for 4 or 5 possessions, putting the offense into come from behind mode.

I'd be lying if I said the defense isn't a serious problem because it is. Even with the defensive woes accross the board, the offense hasn't been as crisp as it good be.

Games lost by poor offensive execution:

Utah 90-83
Boston 90-83
Portland 98-94
Toronto 91-86
Chicago 98-93
Portland 96-93
Dallas 112-103
LA Lakers 101-89

All these games could have been won if the Spurs knocked down shots late. I realize the defense compounds the problem by allowing the opposition to score at will. However, a little offensive help wouldn't be a bad thing and certainly go along way.

I, although, never said Amare was the answer. He would help the offense a great deal. He would not only demand a double team, but he would open up the three point shooters on the perimeter and help spread the floor. He would also conceivably give Duncan some much needed rest. His defense, while in Phoenix wasn't great, but Amare has never played for a team that stressed defense first. I think the Spurs could have molded him into an adequate defender and he's still a monster on the glass. But, he's not even an option at this point.

The Spurs offense is by far the best in the first quarter. As the game gets longer, the Spurs fg% starts to tank.

The defense is more of a problem than the offense which is why they need a defensive big that can clog the paint and prevent lay up drills. If the Spurs can snag a big that can score, then, it wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Sean Cagney
02-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Because Amare and Shaq did great when they were together with the Suns! Stop over reacting! Lol

Someone named Lebron is there which the Suns did not have, I would say that there makes some difference :rollin:depressed:depressed

I come home tonight to see if any trade talk, yet nothing for the Spurs it seems. This year is beyond depressing.

MaNu4Tres
02-14-2010, 10:22 PM
I'd be lying if I said the defense isn't a serious problem because it is. Even with the defensive woes accross the board, the offense hasn't been as crisp as it good be.

Games lost by poor offensive execution:

Utah 90-83
Boston 90-83
Portland 98-94
Toronto 91-86
Chicago 98-93
Portland 96-93
Dallas 112-103
LA Lakers 101-89

All these games could have been won if the Spurs knocked down shots late. I realize the defense compounds the problem by allowing the opposition to score at will. However, a little offensive help wouldn't be a bad thing and certainly go along way.

I, although, never said Amare was the answer. He would help the offense a great deal. He would not only demand a double team, but he would open up the three point shooters on the perimeter and help spread the floor. He would also conceivably give Duncan some much needed rest. His defense, while in Phoenix wasn't great, but Amare has never played for a team that stressed defense first. I think the Spurs could have molded him into an adequate defender and he's still a monster on the glass. But, he's not even an option at this point.

The Spurs offense is by far the best in the first quarter. As the game gets longer, the Spurs fg% starts to tank.

The defense is more of a problem than the offense which is why they need a defensive big that can clog the paint and prevent lay up drills. If the Spurs can snag a big that can score, then, it wouldn't be such a bad thing.

I made a couple of threads on this very issue and many posters for some reason said offense hasn't been the problem this season.

Offense hasn't been the problem for this team against poor sub .500 teams, but against teams above .500 or playoff teams the Spurs have struggled offensively especially our wings from Jefferson/ Manu/ Mason/Bogans/Finley.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145650

exstatic
02-14-2010, 11:02 PM
I heard Z will resign with the Cavs when the Suns waive him. I hope the Spurs try to sign him, I rather have Z than Bonner.

Watching over the last few years, waived players always go back to their teams to finish the season.

sananspursfan21
02-14-2010, 11:19 PM
who did cleveland offer?