PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs Ultime Combat. Believe.

ginobili fan
02-14-2010, 08:01 PM
This is it.
This is the final road to the playoffs and we know that the Spurs usually start to elevate their game after the all-star break.

We knew that the windows were closing, and some of us think that they're already closed as far the season went into different directions than we expected.

After all I think honestly we'll make the playoffs.
But the goal is clearly to get Duncan and his pairs The Ring we're fighting for.
And the same for the others Big Teams.
Yeah because at the end it's all about either we could match up Dallas, Lakers and Cleveland.

1) Forget about trade.
I remember what Pop said one or two years ago, no matter what, we go with this team until death. And I think this is the case this year too, this is Spurs reasoning, they'll go with their weaknesses, and their strenghs until the end.

2) Then what are our weaknesses and what are our strenghs ?
Charles Barckley said few weeks ago before the RRT when the Spurs were still struggling, that this is the best second team in the West.
He may not watch all the games like us fans, but I understand what he wants to say.
The Spurs always had potential and they always have.
I won't put list of weakness and strengh in our game because you already know what they are.
But we know the time of adjustement is still in waiting mode.
It' still Febuary :lol

3) How to match up against the Lakers and the Cavs ?
I think we should stop asking these questions always and always in our situation.
It's still far away and we don't know what could happen until the playoffs.
If somehow we could get a big defensive man that would be great but if not we must believe with our own legendary strengh: defense and heart.

4) Defense and Heart.
Those used to be our best asset to win Championship.
Now it's clear that we lost those mental aspect of the game but don't forget that Manu, Tony and Tim are real warriors.
And come playoff time, I expect them fo refind themselves.
Remember Tony last year he was a monster and we know that he's now nothing compared to this crucial period in mental aspect of his game.
Remember last year when we missed Manu so much , this year I'm confident he will play like a hero, like this is his last games as a spur.

What is missing right now is this solidarity and the mental stengh of the team.
Look Jefferson. This guy is fragile but I think if the spurs started the season something like 15-3 he might be a better player right now.

The rest is in Pop hands. This guy and the coaches should know all of this and they should believe too because sometimes this year it looked like they were completly lost.
This is the most important thing in a BB team, all begins by coach faith.
If players feel Pop is lost they'll play lost.
For that Pop must stop his experiments and his strange reactions.

The rest will come naturally.

Believe.

tdunk21
02-14-2010, 08:14 PM
This is it.
This is the final road to the playoffs and we know that the Spurs usually start to elevate their game after the all-star break.

We knew that the windows were closing, and some of us think that they're already closed as far the season went into different directions than we expected.

But the goal is clearly to get Duncan and his pairs The Ring we're fighting for.
Yeah because at the end it's all about either we could match up Dallas, Lakers and Cleveland.

1) Forget about trade.
I remember what Pop said one or two years ago, no matter what, we go with this team until death. And I think this is the case this year too, this is Spurs reasoning, they'll go with their weaknesses, and their strenghs until the end.

Charles Barckley said few weeks ago before the RRT when the Spurs were still struggling, that this is the best second team in the West.
He may not watch all the games like us fans, but I understand what he wants to say.
I won't put list of weakness and strengh in our game because you already know what they are.

I think we should stop asking these questions always and always in our situation.
If somehow we could get a big defensive man that would be great but if not we must believe with our own legendary strengh: defense and heart.

4) Defense and Heart.
Now it's clear that we lost those mental aspect of the game but don't forget that Manu, Tony and Tim are real warriors.
Remember Tony last year he was a monster and we know that he's now nothing compared to this crucial period in mental aspect of his game.
Remember last year when we missed Manu so much , this year I'm confident he will play like a hero, like this is his last games as a spur.

Look Jefferson. This guy is fragile but I think if the spurs started the season something like 15-3 he might be a better player right now.

The rest is in Pop hands. This guy and the coaches should know all of this and they should believe too because sometimes this year it looked like they were completly lost.

Believe.

good one man....lets hope spurs will play with some heart and toughness...am sure no one can beat the spurs if everyone does what they r supposed to....

Fpoonsie
02-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Ummm...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146698 ?

And what the fuck is an "ultime"?

ginobili fan
02-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Ummm...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146698 ?

And what the fuck is an "ultime"?

:lol
I am, like many spurs fans, a bit bi-polar

murpjf88
02-14-2010, 08:35 PM
This is it.

1) Forget about trade.

4) Defense and Heart.

Believe.

If this were true, their would have been no point in picking up RJ. I think they do need a trade in a BIG way. (No pun intended) The Spurs aren't just being beaten mentally, but physically as well. All the will power in the world can't help you if your being manhandled by bigger and more physical teams.

As for Charles, he knows not what he says.

slick'81
02-14-2010, 08:38 PM
always believe even in the face of despair lol

spurtech09
02-14-2010, 08:46 PM
I believe....:)

spurs10
02-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Barkley thinks we need a trade, too.

Sean Cagney
02-14-2010, 11:28 PM
Barkley thinks we need a trade, too.

Everyone does, except those who think things will just magically change 50 games into the year. This is not years past where they turned it up after the All Star break, that was for past teams and this one has not proven that year sides having three familiar faces who were on those times, the new guys have yet to show us that (I hope they do).

I will not look at years past to see this years patter, completely different and only time will tell.

GO SPURS GO5.

relic
02-14-2010, 11:31 PM
richard jefferson- i think at the end he will be a true "spur" everybody forgets that he never played spurs basketball, he never really had to play defense, run and guard the perimeter, or defend the pick and roll...we ask him to score double digits with less touches... i think he's handle himself well, just needs time...hopefully.

Sigz
02-14-2010, 11:46 PM
richard jefferson- i think at the end he will be a true "spur" everybody forgets that he never played spurs basketball, he never really had to play defense, run and guard the perimeter, or defend the pick and roll...we ask him to score double digits with less touches... i think he's handle himself well, just needs time...hopefully.

Dick sucks. Keep hoping.

SpursRulez4eVeR
02-14-2010, 11:47 PM
are you the same ginobili fan that said to trade manu two nights ago?

jason1301
02-15-2010, 12:03 AM
I think the Spurs will catch up the Mavs by the end of Feb. We most likely will go undefeated, the mavs will play some tough teams, and we are only a loss behind. Also the Mavs will have to integrate two new players into their rotation.

Not sure if we stay ahead till the end of the season but I sure hope so.

Ghazi
02-15-2010, 12:07 AM
Spurs have gone to shit past the ASB the last few years

Mavs have an easier schedule

Spurs are irrelevant.

FeZZy
02-15-2010, 03:06 AM
are you the same ginobili fan that said to trade manu two nights ago?

Sean Cagney
02-15-2010, 03:12 AM
Spurs have gone to shit past the ASB the last few years

Mavs have an easier schedule

Spurs are irrelevant.

LMFAO okay...... If you say so man. Mavs will not win shyt this year, book it.... Peace.

Interrohater
02-15-2010, 04:54 AM
The Mavs are the Philadelphia Eagles of the NBA. we should change their names to the Dallas Can't-get-right's.

I still believe. I will still watch. When our big 3 is gone, when we're in the running for top draft pick, when our oldest player is 26 years old, I'll still believe.