PDA

View Full Version : "That feeling"

twincam
04-30-2005, 09:13 AM
Do you guys/gals ever get that "FEELING" on whether the Spurs will play a good/bad game?

Example: Before they played Game1, I have a very bad feeling about it.
I felt nervous and very negative about it. Once the game started, they missed their first few shots, and that pretty much summed up how the rest of the game would wound up.

However before game 2, I have that POSITIVE "feeling", then they won.

This has happened to me MANY times...

I'm happy to say that today I have a POSITIVE "feeling", the vibes are there with no negativity.

Just thought I'd ask for those who experience this.
Last I checked, the Spurs are favored to win by 1.5 pts.

correct me if I'm wrong about that.

TroyF
04-30-2005, 09:26 AM
Do you guys/gals ever get that "FEELING" on whether the Spurs will play a good/bad game?

Example: Before they played Game1, I have a very bad feeling about it.
I felt nervous and very negative about it. Once the game started, they missed their first few shots, and that pretty much summed up how the rest of the game would wound up.

However before game 2, I have that POSITIVE "feeling", then they won.

This has happened to me MANY times...

I'm happy to say that today I have a POSITIVE "feeling", the vibes are there with no negativity.

Just thought I'd ask for those who experience this.
Last I checked, the Spurs are favored to win by 1.5 pts.

correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Every game. Sometimes a week or two before the game is even going to be played.

As a Denver fan, I've always had a good feeling about game three.This team plays extremely well at The Pepsi Center and because of the game one win (which I also had a good feeling about), I think the place is going to be bananas. I think you'll have a tough time keeping up with our pace tonight.

The game that frigthtens me is #4.

We'll see which one of our feelings is right. :)

IX_Equilibrium
04-30-2005, 09:57 AM
Just make sure you keep up that POSITIVE "feeling" until they win the championship this year.

Ishta
04-30-2005, 10:02 AM
I also have that "FEELING" and it is a good one for the silver and black. The Spurs played game#2 like the Spurs we all know and love. They are back.. They needed to go into game 2 and wipe the SBC center with nuggets blood which they did.Therefore, I am very confident that they will get through this series as quickly as possible. :king :king ......2005:king

GO SPURS GO

BELIEVE

TDMVPDPOY
04-30-2005, 10:04 AM
that "feelin" is undescribable mate :D

SPARKY
04-30-2005, 10:05 AM
Lay off the pipe.

http://www.secondhand-records.com/pix_easylps/denver_john_rockymount.jpg

td4mvp21
04-30-2005, 10:15 AM
I have a feeling we are going to win tonight and lose game 4, so that may make Troy feel a little better. :-)

MiNuS
04-30-2005, 10:29 AM
does anyone have any stats of past playoff blowouts and then the game after?

There's two ways of seeing this: Last year the Spurs lost to the Lakers @ home in that .40 of a giveaway game and previously they also beat the Lakers in their own turf and then went on to win it all.

We wouldn't even give a damn about this Nugget team since they both had very opposite second half of the seasons. But one thing is true. The Spurs are a proven team with consistency of winning wherever and whenever.

Our friends the Kings were blown out by the Spurs earlier this year and they never got back on their feet.They never were the same.

Wednesday's game was a knock out punch and I wouldn't have a good feeling if I was a Denver fan or player.

remember Pearl Harbor!

-+=

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 10:50 AM
I have the same feeling that I had before the Golden State game, and that was not good. I thought we'd get blistered then, and a similar feeling about tonight.

The good news is, I was F&%*#$@! wrong about the GS game. It was a fantastic win by a weary, injured team playing a red hot squad that believed in themselves.

So, yeah, I'm nervous and worried about tonight's game. Fortunately, I'm wrong a lot.

Samr
04-30-2005, 11:01 AM
Before game 1, I was confident they were going to lose. I told everyone they would, and I even wrote my post-game article over at SC, talking about the loss, around 1:00 in the afternoon. I had accepted the fact it was over long before the beginning tip. I don't normally do this (normally I'm a homer in the worst way), but I just knew before that game.

I'm not sure about today. It could go either way, really. Either Denver forgets about Wednesday and moves on, or they don't and lose. But the Spurs gave Denver the upercut in game two. All they need now is one, final right hook and Denver's done.

GrandeDavid
04-30-2005, 11:09 AM
I'm with you on that "feeling" thing. I also felt nervous like Sam did for Game 1, although I lied about it both here and at SpursCentral. I didn't feel good about the state of health of the team. But Game 2 I had little doubt that an ass whipping would be delivered by the Spurs.

I have that confident feeling again today, maybe because my friend/client led our Uberlandia team to the South American league championship and in light of Wednesday's huge victory by San Antonio, I'm feeling some serious winning vibes.

The Spurs will definitely NOT go back to San Antonio empty handed. They'll win at least one of the two games.

I feel that they will win tonight.

twincam
04-30-2005, 11:17 AM
Thanks for your replies folks.

I'm very optimistic about the Spurs taking game 3.

I believe the Spurs are now playing "SPURS" basketball. Yes, they have the playoff experience, yes they are a championship team in recent past, yes they know what it takes to bounce back after losing homecourt advantage and winning the series to advance to the next round. I strong believe they HAD to lose game 1 in order to wake up and smell the coffee.

Denver has a very transitional team, which is what I use to like to see.
But then I came to learn that you need "GREAT" defense in order to win a championship and they've (Spurs) proven that.

Therefore, my prediction is calling for the Spurs to keep their half-court set up pace and prevent the Nuggets from their transition play to seal the win.
If San Antonio makes their first few shots of the opening quarter, that will intel on how they'll do the rest of the game.
I "FEEL" it today.

violentkitten
04-30-2005, 12:02 PM
i get "that feeling" too when i see a nice trim pussy with her tail in the air looking back at me

http://www.paw-rescue.org/CATS/GRAPHICS/cat-tail.gif

it gives a big cat certain ideas...

http://www.lionlmb.org/lion/mate2.jpg

TroyF
04-30-2005, 12:14 PM
does anyone have any stats of past playoff blowouts and then the game after?

There's two ways of seeing this: Last year the Spurs lost to the Lakers @ home in that .40 of a giveaway game and previously they also beat the Lakers in their own turf and then went on to win it all.

We wouldn't even give a damn about this Nugget team since they both had very opposite second half of the seasons. But one thing is true. The Spurs are a proven team with consistency of winning wherever and whenever.

Our friends the Kings were blown out by the Spurs earlier this year and they never got back on their feet.They never were the same.

Wednesday's game was a knock out punch and I wouldn't have a good feeling if I was a Denver fan or player.

remember Pearl Harbor!

-+=

Don't have exact stats, but I did post something over on the Nuggets forum for people who thought that might have been a knockout blow.

Two blowouts in a row are a sign of trouble, but one rarely is. I can point to five or six instances without even thinking hard of teams who were flat out torched one playoff game and came back to win not only the following game but the series.

With just this playoff season you have the Celtics crushing the Pacers in game one and then losing the next two. You have Seattle who cruised to an easy win in game 2 (the game was really over at the end of three, despite the 12 point final outcome) and then having a relatively easy time last night.

In past instances you have the Suns just slaughtering the Rockets the first two games and then losing the series.

No, Wednesday wasn't a knock out blow. It was a loss. I think when the Nuggets watched the tape they probably felt better about themselves. We had open shots. We just didn't hit them. The open shots wouldn't have given us the win, but it would have made it a competitive basketball game.

Odds are, the Spurs won't play a better half of basketball in this series. (and keep in mind I think the Spurs will win the series) Shooting 66% from the floor? Sorry, not going to happen again.

Samr
04-30-2005, 12:22 PM
I felt this was applicable

http://eastmanentertainment.com/Righteous%20Brothers.JPG

Obstructed_View
04-30-2005, 12:25 PM
I had a good feeling all through the 1999 playoffs and a bad feeling all through the 2003 playoffs. I had a good feeling right before the Spurs lost four straight to the Lakers (both times). I had a bad feeling going into game 1, a good feeling going into game 2, and absolutely no idea what to expect tonight.

twincam
04-30-2005, 12:50 PM
Well, I see San Antonio back on the headlines where they belong.

alamo50
04-30-2005, 01:20 PM
I do not have a good feeling.

twincam
04-30-2005, 01:32 PM
Alamo50, your feelings don't count...mine does...

I have a "good feeling"

Samr
04-30-2005, 02:27 PM
Alamo has feelings?

LakerGod
04-30-2005, 02:37 PM
mermaids are going down tonight...

Samr
04-30-2005, 02:59 PM

Well at least the Spurs are IN the playoffs. :)

rwb
04-30-2005, 08:21 PM
What I have learned as a Spurs fan is is that it's never over til it's over. I am ALWAYS nervous. Even if they have a 20-pt lead I am terrified. For me it's easier on my blood pressure to tape the game and only watch it if they've won. Watching it live is just to stressful most of the time. I have a bad feeling about tonight, but I hope the Spurs go out there and play like the champs they are.

LilMissSPURfect
04-30-2005, 08:31 PM
"I got the feelin' baby" !!!!

I'm the same way. I get the feeling....

I got the feeling SPURS will WIN game 3 & 4 !!!!

:elephant

cherylsteele
04-30-2005, 09:09 PM

Isn't there another thread discussing the "mermaid" term.....where people never heard of a Lakers "fan" using it?

twincam
05-01-2005, 08:19 AM
As I've mentioned yesterday afternoon.

"That feeling" of mine was RIGHT!

It's all about POISE!