PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Ludden no longer with Yahoo Sports?

objective
02-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Maybe this is old news, so forgive me if it is.

While updating my bookmarks with the twitter feeds of the various nba media bigwigs like Woj, Stein, Bucher, etc so I could see if there were any rumors that could affect the Spurs (such as Tyrus Thomas and so forth), I was looking for Ludden on Yahoo and he's no longer listed among their Yahoo Sports Experts, it's just Woj and Spears.

His Yahoo author page archive ends Dec 31 2009, which would fit as a date for the end of a contract.

And of course I realized I hadn't seen anything from him posted on the site, and it's been about 6 weeks.

If he's out, then obviously that hurts the Spurs fans who want decent scoops and analysis about the Spurs.

Maybe if he was still working we'd have some scoop already about a move.

Spurs Brazil
02-14-2010, 10:46 PM
His last article was about the Spurs

If he's done with Yahoo I hope EN bring him back

objective
02-15-2010, 03:14 PM
2nd page fodder

bringing it up in case anyone hasn't seen it.

nobody with his email that can hit him up for a scoop? I'd kick in at least $1 for his journalistic efforts. He can rep Spurstalk.

timvp
02-15-2010, 03:17 PM
I've been trying to confirm this but haven't gotten anywhere. Not having an article in 2010 is suspicious. That would suck if Ludden isn't writing for anyone.

Yahoo had the two best NBA writers. It'd be dumb if they let Ludden go.

Pentagruel
02-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Who do you think the two best writers were...?

21_Blessings
02-15-2010, 03:52 PM
If you say Dwyer then you should probably kill yourself.

ace3g
02-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Ludden and Woj

Pentagruel
02-15-2010, 03:59 PM
I hate Woj.

tav1
02-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Ludden is the editor now; doing well, from what I gather.

Pentagruel
02-15-2010, 04:06 PM
In fact I hate most sports journalism. Its funny that I read so many basketball articles because I almost always leave a disappointed man. They are frequently redundant covering the same tired topics all year round, nearly always poorly written and rarely does it really display any knowledge of basketball that I didn't already know myself.

The only writer I consistently like is Charley Rosen for his "Travels with Charley" section which usually covers his CBA exploits. Add to this his Basketball analysis is better then most others. The only problem is his Lakers shades that he never takes off but oh well, we can't all be perfect heh.

duncan228
02-15-2010, 04:07 PM

Thanks for the news. Wish him well.

ploto
02-15-2010, 04:22 PM

Hasn't he been NBA editor at Yahoo Sports for quite some time? He was still writing articles even in that position.

Blackjack
02-15-2010, 05:14 PM

Good to hear.:tu

It also explains how Woj has become the go-to guy for Spurs tidbits.

objective
02-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Hasn't he been NBA editor at Yahoo Sports for quite some time? He was still writing articles even in that position.

That was my understanding.

All of his archived stories have the byline of him being NBA Editor for Yahoo Sports.

Last year at this time he was at the all-star game, at least that was the impression you get from the stories, they list the location as PHX.

And last year from the new year through before the deadline he had 10 stories posted, and also a post-deadline roundup where he talked about the Spurs having a deal for Camby unravel.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Bah. JB_47 no read good. Nevermind.