PDA

View Full Version : Player of the Decade by TNT

ffadicted
02-15-2010, 12:02 AM
:lmao

"It goes to show you the fans don't know anything" - Charles Barkley

lol @ TNT announcers shitting on the fans and their ridiculous decision. LeBronze on second, timmy with only 8% and shaq with only 13%. Kobe with 57%..... Stop with this fan voting for everything please, casual basketball fans are the dumbest motherfuckers in the planet

Darthkiller
02-15-2010, 12:03 AM
lol@ tim duncan @ 8% and 4th place. EPIC FAIL

redzero
02-15-2010, 12:04 AM
>8%

BRHornet45
02-15-2010, 12:04 AM
sons anytime you let people like ghazi vote ... my God

oh and we have also gone downhill ever since allowing women to vote as well. god bless

crc21209
02-15-2010, 12:05 AM
lol@ tim duncan @ 8% and 4th place. EPIC FAIL

Yup. And the crew is right, the player of the decade is basically a tie between TD and Shaq. LeBron should not even be in that list period seeing as he didnt even come in till 2003...

Pelicans78
02-15-2010, 12:06 AM
Duncan and Shaq clearly. Kobe only won 1 Finals MVP.

Kobe is number 3.

Armando
Yeah good idea there Taco Bell. Take the fans out of voting for a game designed for the fans. I have a problem with players and former players complaining about the people that put money in thier pockets. Get over it!

spursfan09
As a Spur fan I can say Probably Shaq wins.

Armando
02-15-2010, 12:08 AM
Yup. And the crew is right, the player of the decade is basically a tie between TD and Shaq. LeBron should not even be in that list period seeing as he didnt even come in till 2003...

Well in that case blame the person that comes up with the ballot. Don't blame the fans. Same thing with the All Star. If you don't like AI getting all those votes then don't put him on the ballet in the first place.

Mike D
02-15-2010, 12:24 AM
A very clear case could be made that the media should never vote for awards again either based on some of the laughable awards they've given over the last 10+ years.

It's a flawed process. The whole point of the contest was to get people to flock to a website, thus raising the number of views/price of advertising on the site, under the pretense of voting for a make believe award. Most people fail to realize it, and the NBA is who wins financially every step of the way.

Armando
02-15-2010, 12:26 AM
You want a laughable award look back at how the 2007 MVP made the media voters look foolish.

DJ Mbenga
02-15-2010, 12:27 AM
Yeah good idea there Taco Bell. Take the fans out of voting for a game designed for the fans. I have a problem with players and former players complaining about the people that put money in thier pockets. Get over it!

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/68/1239018815584.png

Spur-Addict
02-15-2010, 12:30 AM
What will be annoying is the 300,000 idiots who will attempt to use this as an argumentative point. "Well, Kobe is the player of the decade. So, it necessarily follows that blahh blahh blahhhhh"

Pelicans78
02-15-2010, 12:30 AM
I would have put Dirk over Garnett on that list. He's been more productive, and more success in the playoffs. Garnett was overrated in Minnesota. Even Pierce was named Finals MVP instead of KG.

Allanon
02-15-2010, 12:32 AM
I missed it.

So who got Player of the Decade?

ffadicted
02-15-2010, 12:45 AM
I missed it.

Kobe with 57%

lol :downspin:

Allanon
02-15-2010, 12:50 AM
lol :downspin:

Thanks, II saw a post above with "Kobe is number 3" and I was confused.

namlook
02-15-2010, 01:06 AM
Shows you how much Barkley knows. Shaq's game fell off too much the second half of the decade to be a player of the decade. Player of 2000-2005 was Shaq. But for the entire decade it's Kobe and Tim.

Allanon
02-15-2010, 01:09 AM
But for the entire decade it's Kobe and Tim.

I don't have a problem with Kobe or Tim winning Player of the Decade.

Both were deserving.

LkrFan
02-15-2010, 01:27 AM
This decade started in 2000. So, let's see what Kobe has done:

2000 - Ring #1
2001 - Ring #2
2002 - Ring #3
2003 - Historic 9-game 40 point streak, 12 3's in a game (NBA record)
2004 - NBA finals appearance
2005 - Lakers rebuild, only down year but still 27.6ppg 5.9reb 6ast
2006 - Historic 81-point game, 35 PPG scoring average
2007 - Historic 4-game 50 point streak, back-to-back scoring titles
2008 - MVP and NBA finals appearance
2009 - Ring #4

Now I wouldn't mind seeing TD win it - I respect him, but not Snaq. Still, can't argue with Kobe's body of work. And to boot, he should have been MVP in 2006.

Chieflion
02-15-2010, 01:30 AM
This decade started in 2000. So, let's see what Kobe has done:

2000 - Ring #1
2001 - Ring #2
2002 - Ring #3
2003 - Historic 9-game 40 point streak, 12 3's in a game (NBA record)
2004 - NBA finals appearance
2005 - Miss playoffs
2006 - Historic 81-point game, 35 PPG scoring average
2007 - Historic 4-game 50 point streak, back-to-back scoring titles
2008 - MVP and NBA finals appearance
2009 - Ring #4

Now I wouldn't mind seeing TD win it - I respect him, but not Snaq. Still, can't argue with Kobe's body of work. And to boot, he should have been MVP in 2006.
Fixed and I wonder who spearheaded the Lakers squad in the early 2000s. Revisionist history at its best, Kobe fan.

Killakobe81
02-15-2010, 02:22 AM
Kobe NOT a bad choice ...
But I think Tim 1st Kobe 2nd Shaq 3rd
Team though was Lakers ...

Nahtanoj
02-15-2010, 02:31 AM
Fixed and I wonder who spearheaded the Lakers squad in the early 2000s. Revisionist history at its best, Kobe fan.

Kobe was the playmaker as well as the go to guy in the clutch during the early 2000s. He is not revising anything..

duhoh
02-15-2010, 02:34 AM
well by fan votes, of course kobe.

Chieflion
02-15-2010, 02:36 AM
Kobe was the playmaker as well as the go to guy in the clutch during the early 2000s. He is not revising anything..
I agree with the first statement, but Shaq was the de-facto number one, best player on the team, and the MVP in 2000 pretty much makes it so. Kobe = 2nd option on the 2000-2002 team. When he wanted to be the number one, his team lost in 2004. He looks like he is giving credit to Kobe Bryant for winning the championship as the best player, that wasn't the case.

LkrFan
02-15-2010, 02:49 AM
I agree with the first statement, but Shaq was the de-facto number one, best player on the team, and the MVP in 2000 pretty much makes it so. Kobe = 2nd option on the 2000-2002 team. When he wanted to be the number one, his team lost in 2004. He looks like he is giving credit to Kobe Bryant for winning the championship as the best player, that wasn't the case.
The majority of the time, Shaq didn't play against a formidable front line. when he played against Portland or SA, he wasn't "superman" - for a lack of a better term. It was Kobe, not Shaq that dropped 45 points on TD and Robinson in the Alamodome. Next thing you know, Bruce Lee Bowen is in a Spurs uniform.

Shaq was the best Laker in 2000, but from 2001 until present anyone with eyes would see that Kobe held that title.

SAtown
02-15-2010, 02:59 AM
I missed it.

How many times a day do you change your sig?

Allanon
02-15-2010, 03:08 AM
How many times a day do you change your sig?

:lol My sigs actually change automatically every 10 minutes or so.

Jacob1983
02-15-2010, 04:22 AM
There's no way Kobe was the player of the decade for the 2000s. I would say it's a toss up between Shaq and Duncan.

DAF86
02-15-2010, 05:38 AM
So everybody except Kobe's fans agree that it's a toss up between Tim and Shaq.

TimDunkem
02-15-2010, 05:47 AM
Say what you want about the winner, but the greatest PF of all time did not deserve that measly 8%. Do we need any more proof that the average fan is retarded?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-15-2010, 06:04 AM
OP, I agree entirely. :tu

Some smart comments in this thread...

A very clear case could be made that the media should never vote for awards again either based on some of the laughable awards they've given over the last 10+ years.

It's a flawed process. The whole point of the contest was to get people to flock to a website, thus raising the number of views/price of advertising on the site, under the pretense of voting for a make believe award. Most people fail to realize it, and the NBA is who wins financially every step of the way.

You speak the truth.

What will be annoying is the 300,000 idiots who will attempt to use this as an argumentative point. "Well, Kobe is the player of the decade. So, it necessarily follows that blahh blahh blahhhhh"

Fuckin aye. Much like most of the claptrap trundled out by the EGW denier lobby (i.e. based on nothing at all)

Shaq played second, or third fiddle on every team he's played on since 2003, and has not done anything significant since winning his last title in LA. How is he even in this discussion. Kobe has better numbers, and accomplishments than anyone in the decade. Don't give me that "he played with Shaq shit." Even as second fiddle to Shaq, so you all claim, he still put up better numbers and was more clutch than Duncan has ever been in his career. So much so that Pop calls him Mr. 4th quarter.

:lol

Have you read Simmons' Book of Basketball yet? Love him or hate him, he's spot on about Kobe (#9), as he is about Duncan (#7). Kobe is a pantheon player, but Duncan raises everyone on his team every time he steps on the court, and while Kobe sometimes does that now, he neglected to for a large part of the decade. He didn't understand The Secret, nor how to lead a team, until the last few years.

Also, Duncan did more with less - he never played with an All-NBA calibre player beside him, like say Shaq. And your accusation that Kobe is better in the clutch relies on the idea that clutch scoring is the only way to win games at the end, which is false because Duncan often won games in the clutch for his team without scoring much. When he needed to score he has though. You have a very selective memory if you fail to recall that.

namlook
02-15-2010, 06:28 AM
Have you read Simmons' Book of Basketball yet? Love him or hate him, he's spot on about Kobe (#9), as he is about Duncan (#7).

You need to get up to date. Simmons already said in a recent interview that in the paperback version of his book there will be updates. Part of that will be him admitting he was wrong about Kobe and an addendum revising his take on Kobe. That's saying something because Simmons is far from objective. He is a die-hard Celtics fan and has been a big time Lakers and Kobe hater.

mystargtr34
02-15-2010, 06:30 AM
Tim and Shaq are clear 1 and 2 IMO.

namlook
02-15-2010, 06:34 AM
Say what you want about the winner, but the greatest PF of all time did not deserve that measly 8%. Do we need any more proof that the average fan is retarded?

No more retarded than the people here who would give Kobe 8% of the vote.

DAF86
02-15-2010, 07:45 AM
No more retarded than the people here who would give Kobe 8% of the vote.

I would give him 0% of the vote 'cause he wasn't the player of the decade.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-15-2010, 09:20 AM
You need to get up to date. Simmons already said in a recent interview that in the paperback version of his book there will be updates. Part of that will be him admitting he was wrong about Kobe and an addendum revising his take on Kobe. That's saying something because Simmons is far from objective. He is a die-hard Celtics fan and has been a big time Lakers and Kobe hater.

No, I don't need to do shit because none of what he's said indicates that he'd move Kobe above Duncan. He has said he'll revise his take on Kobe since he won a championship by playing more as a team guy, in line with what he said in a column after last year's Finals, but none of that changes the fact that for most of the decade Kobe played for himself before his team. Great player, not as influential as Duncan though.

namlook
02-15-2010, 09:42 AM
No, I don't need to do shit because none of what he's said indicates that he'd move Kobe above Duncan. He has said he'll revise his take on Kobe since he won a championship by playing more as a team guy, in line with what he said in a column after last year's Finals, but none of that changes the fact that for most of the decade Kobe played for himself before his team. Great player, not as influential as Duncan though.

Yeah you do need to get up with the times. You act like what Simmons wrote in his book is what he thinks now. Does it really matter what an asswipe like Simmons thinks anyway? The answer to that is Hell No. He and Charles Barkley both ride the buffoon bus together.

midnightpulp
02-15-2010, 10:38 AM
If you have to use Bill Simmons to make your point you've already lost the debate.

Duncan is doing a great job of raising the level of the team he has now.:rolleyes

Your third point...

It's unanimous, most people think Kobe was the best player of the decade, just accept it. Was Duncan even at the all-star game last night?

Why is him using Bill Simmons to make his point any different from you using the fucktarded writers from the websites and publications that named Kobe player of the decade to make yours?

Simply put: Lakers and casual fans will name Kobe as the POTD. Spurs and hardcore fans will name Duncan.

Objectively speaking, all the stats, awards, and accomplishments point to Duncan as the better player. But it's obvious Laker homers won't consider those given the fact they can't concentrate on any one thing for more than a few seconds, preferring "moments" (e.g., the way you idiots will rave about Kobe being "clutch" when he's gone something like 5-18 but lucked in a game winner*) to an entire body of work.

*Oh, and before this season, Kobe was shooting 25% on game winners (including both playoffs and regular season) since the 03-04 season. The league average is 28%. Lol.

JamStone
02-15-2010, 10:45 AM
.28% is really, really small. That's .0028, you know.

Spurminator
02-15-2010, 11:01 AM
These are the same voters who keep making TMac and Iverson All Stars. WGAF?

Dex
02-15-2010, 11:11 AM

.0028%!

:downspin:

At what point do we just switch to scientific notation?

midnightpulp
02-15-2010, 11:17 AM

Heh. brainlapse.

Chieflion
02-15-2010, 11:22 AM
.0028%!

:downspin:

At what point do we just switch to scientific notation?
This is just nice. 2.8 x 10^-3%.

Cane
02-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Yup that was a hilarious moment at TNT and it was great to see Shaq and Duncan get their due.

Those guys are 1a and 1b; imo Shaq was the most dominant big man the modern NBA has seen.

Kobe is a distant third and I disagree with TNT's thoughts that the next 5 years will be his...its easily Lebron's.

Killakobe81
02-15-2010, 11:56 AM
I said Duncan...with a slight edge but can see the argument for Kobe.

The morons are the ones that argue Shaq ... shaq peaked at the start of the decade (2000 MVP) was STILL dominant up to the 2004-2005 (loss to Detroit) season and has been on a sharp decline ever since.

If you can argue shaq I could argue Lebron IF Lebron had rings ... because both were pretty irrlevant for PART of the decade Lebron becuase he was too young at the start Shaq cuz he got fat and old for the middle and latter part of the decade ...

It was a two man race and you can't go wrong with Kobe or Duncan ...

Killakobe81
02-15-2010, 12:02 PM
The thing that is HILARIOUS ..is some of the Kobe bashers say:

this is ridiculous because fans are ignorant.

Simmons is an eXPERT because he writes for ESPN so lets use the former BOSTON SPORTS GUY because his analysis impartial ... (sarcasm dripping)

BUT YES these are SOME of the same people who question Popovich's rotations, strategy and sanity.

So if voters/fansd are idiots ...why should Pop listen to your drivel?

ClippersDynasty
02-15-2010, 12:06 PM
:lmao

"It goes to show you the fans don't know anything" - Charles Barkley

lol @ TNT announcers shitting on the fans and their ridiculous decision. LeBronze on second, timmy with only 8% and shaq with only 13%. Kobe with 57%..... Stop with this fan voting for everything please, casual basketball fans are the dumbest motherfuckers in the planet

People don't live in the planet, dumb dumb.

goliath
02-15-2010, 12:11 PM

His book has Kobe at #15 and Tim at #7. In his column he has said he will update it to Kobe at #9 based on whats happened since his book was done.

FromWayDowntown
02-15-2010, 12:12 PM
Only one player in the NBA made both an All-NBA team and an All-Defense team in every year between 2000 and 2009 -- Tim Duncan.

That the same guy was the vital cog on three title teams, that his team was a perennial contender for the title in each of the other years, that he won 2 MVPs (and finished 2nd twice, 4th twice and 5th once), and that he never played with a perennial all-star during that span (only Tony Parker, who is never mistaken for an NBA legend, made more than 1 All-Star team as a Duncan teammate during the decade; only Parker and Ginobili (once each) made an All-NBA team) strikes me as a pretty solid argument for Duncan being the best player -- and certainly the singularly most consistent player -- of the last decade.

Killakobe81
02-15-2010, 12:18 PM
His book has Kobe at #15 and Tim at #7. In his column he has said he will update it to Kobe at #9 based on whats happened since his book was done.

Kobe at #15 is all you need to know ...Don't mind he has Duncan higher than Kobe but Duncan should be over Shaq ...ANYONE that argues diffrent loses credibilty IMHO ...

Findog
02-15-2010, 12:25 PM
I'd say it's a tie between Duncan and Kobe. I have to penalize Shaq in all things because he should've been the best player of all time and he underachieved greatly considering what his potential was. Kobe has the same # of rings and maximized his talent. Kobe is GREATER than Shaq.

Findog
02-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Kobe NOT a bad choice ...
But I think Tim 1st Kobe 2nd Shaq 3rd
Team though was Lakers ...

I can get behind that, although I would say Team of the Decade is more of a tie between LA and San Antonio. The Spurs were certainly more consistent, while the Lakers had a three year drop off after the Shaq trade. The Lakers did win a fourth title with a very different team than the first three championships, so I think that counts for something as well, the ability to win with a different nucleus. I don't really count the lockout season as part of the past decade.

monosylab1k
02-15-2010, 12:38 PM
It's definitely not a travesty that Kobe won it. He's been consistently great and definitely deserves it just as much as Shaq or Duncan.

The travesty is LeBron finishing 2nd. He's #4 at best.

VBM
02-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Kobe and Duncan should be the only ones in the discussion. Shaq hasn't been much of a force since 2006. You also have to give Kobe credit for gaining the reputation as one of the best while playing next to the biggest attention-whore not named Dennis Rodman the game has seen in some time (Shaq). Kobe's numbers over the decade are staggering as well.

That said, Tim's got just as much of an argument. Kobe's got him in the ring department, but Duncan also has two Finals MVPs to Kobe's 1. He's also got 2 league MVPs (back to back no less) to Kobe's 1 and better combined all-league accolades (a blanket statement borrowing from some of the posts above).

In pure individual accolades, Duncan has been noted as either the best player in the league or the best player on a championship team more times than Kobe has in the past decade. I think that gives him a slight edge over Kobe. I don't think there's an argument either way to say Kobe is vastly ahead of Duncan or vice versa...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-15-2010, 12:53 PM
IMO, Duncan wins it, but Kobe is ahead of Shaq. Shaq didn't do enough after the 2004-2005 season to be up there with Kobe or Tim for this decade. That's partially due to age, and that's partially due to poor conditioning. Last year was bitter sweet for Shaq in the sense that it showed he has a few good years left, but it makes you wonder how good Shaq could have been if he was in that kind of shape his entire career.

cd98
02-15-2010, 01:29 PM
I would have put Dirk over Garnett on that list. He's been more productive, and more success in the playoffs. Garnett was overrated in Minnesota. Even Pierce was named Finals MVP instead of KG.

I'm not so sure. Garnett played in Minnesota during the Tim Duncan Era and the Kobe/Shaq era. Hard to win a title when you are going against two great teams considered the best teams of the decade.

When Garnett played with legitimate talent, he got the Wolves close to beating the Lakers in the Western Conference Finals. He and Pierce teamed to impressively beat a Laker team in the finals that everyone had all but crowned.

Util Dirk wins a title, hard to say he is better than Garnett, especially when he plays on a talented team, one that Mark Cuban will consistently spend high into the luxury tax to keep competitive.

cd98
02-15-2010, 01:30 PM
IMO, Duncan wins it, but Kobe is ahead of Shaq. Shaq didn't do enough after the 2004-2005 season to be up there with Kobe or Tim for this decade. That's partially due to age, and that's partially due to poor conditioning. Last year was bitter sweet for Shaq in the sense that it showed he has a few good years left, but it makes you wonder how good Shaq could have been if he was in that kind of shape his entire career.

I agree. If you penalize Lebron for only playing have the decade, then you have to penalize Shaq for only playing dominantly for half the decade.

ShoogarBear
02-15-2010, 03:37 PM
These are the same voters who keep making TMac and Iverson All Stars.

/thread

21_Blessings
02-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Kobe is obviously the player of the decade. Spurs fan still in denial. Time to get over it and move on with your lives.

mavsluva
02-15-2010, 04:27 PM
What I've admired about guys like Tim Duncan is that he's kept himself in great shape his ENTIRE career. So when I think of Shaq, I think of a guy that got lazy entirely too early in his career. The rings calmed his offseason efforts in staying on top of his fitness and it shows. He became fatter, slower, less agile and more importantly less effective pretty quickly. A guy that big could have really made the most of his career if he would have really increased his offseason efforts to keep his body in shape the older that he became.

But hey. He's got plenty of NBA hardware and NBA accolades. More than I'll ever have.

JamStone
02-15-2010, 04:29 PM
I think it's Duncan too. But those of you quoting Charles Barkley saying fans who voted for Kobe are basically stupid, I think that's kind of funny. Because Barkley said the player of the decade was Shaq, and I think that's even more ridiculous then Kobe. In fact, didn't all of the TNT analysts but Ernie Johnson say it was Shaq? Those TNT guys are pretty dumb for that too. I agree with the notion it can't be Shaq because he basically stopped being an elite player after the 2004-05. So, he was dominant for half the decade, pretty good for another couple, and pretty much a role player for the other three or so seasons.

At least with Kobe, he was an elite player all 10 seasons in this decade. Even with Duncan, he kind of fell off a little bit the last 1 or 2 seasons. He's still pretty good and is playing well this year, but he's fallen off arguably the last 3 seasons. So, at least with Kobe, he's been at that very elite level for every season this decade.

I'd personally go with Duncan, but I don't think it's that bad for someone to think it's Kobe. And, again for those who like to cite Charles for calling fans stupid for choosing Kobe, I think he's worse for thinking it's Shaq.

Cane
02-15-2010, 04:40 PM
I'd personally go with Duncan, but I don't think it's that bad for someone to think it's Kobe. And, again for those who like to cite Charles for calling fans stupid for choosing Kobe, I think he's worse for thinking it's Shaq.

The TNT show agreed that its either Shaq or Duncan. When Ernie said he picked Duncan thats when Barkley said "well its either A or B" and before that they were talking about how it comes down to just those two.

JamStone
02-15-2010, 04:49 PM
They all were asked if they had to pick who would it be, and they all said Shaq except for Ernie. They tip-toed around it for the most part and said Shaq or Duncan, but when asked to choose, they said Shaq, except for Ernie.

I'm saying for me personally, it's stupid even to consider Shaq because it was only half of the decade when he was dominant.

cd98
02-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Kobe is obviously the player of the decade. Spurs fan still in denial. Time to get over it and move on with your lives.

Kobe has been in the lottery this decade; Tim has not.

jacobdrj
02-15-2010, 04:54 PM
Its too bad Timmay narrowly missed out on those Quadruple Doubles... Would have been a bigger talking point to compare to Kobe's 81. Even those near misses, however, were damn impressive.

Timmay has been the best overall in the decade.

JamStone
02-15-2010, 04:57 PM
Kobe has been in the lottery this decade; Tim has not.

This season counts for this decade too. If the Spurs don't make the playoffs (not saying they won't, but if they don't) and if the Lakers win another title, would that change your mind?

Pero
02-15-2010, 05:35 PM
This season counts for this decade too. If the Spurs don't make the playoffs (not saying they won't, but if they don't) and if the Lakers win another title, would that change your mind?

Don't you know? The decade ended in 2009. :lol

crc21209
02-15-2010, 05:43 PM

The same Kobe who took him 7 years to win another title and over the past 10 years included 2 first round exits and not even qualifying for the Playoffs one year? Hmm...

Pero
02-15-2010, 05:57 PM
The same Kobe who took him 7 years to win another title and over the past 10 years included 2 first round exits and not even qualifying for the Playoffs one year? Hmm...

Yes, the same Kobe that quit on his team. :D

Chieflion
02-15-2010, 09:31 PM
The thing that is HILARIOUS ..is some of the Kobe bashers say:

this is ridiculous because fans are ignorant.

Simmons is an eXPERT because he writes for ESPN so lets use the former BOSTON SPORTS GUY because his analysis impartial ... (sarcasm dripping)

BUT YES these are SOME of the same people who question Popovich's rotations, strategy and sanity.

So if voters/fansd are idiots ...why should Pop listen to your drivel?
I am ok with Kobe winning that stupid and meaningless poll, but there are only 8% who voted for Duncan, LeBron finished 2nd. Duncan finished 4th behind Shaq. I wouldn't call the casual fans and voters stupid, they are just uninformed because Duncan doesn't get as much exposure against Kobe, LeBron and Shaq. And seeing how Kobe has more fans than Duncan, it isn't a suprise.

Killakobe81
02-15-2010, 11:09 PM

Amen. I agree whole-heartedly. Take it one step further if Shaq played lets say 2001 to 2006 anywhere close to his MVP season he would of been player of the decade and in thediscussion of best player post-MJ ...
Hell i would give him my vote ...

poop
02-15-2010, 11:52 PM
aside from superior awards and consistency, Duncan never bailed on his team when times were rough, or asked to be traded, or stirred up drama or raped a white whore in colorado, or missed the playoffs ever, or lead a mediocre team 3 seasons in a row.

Killakobe81
02-16-2010, 12:23 AM
aside from superior awards and consistency, Duncan never bailed on his team when times were rough, or asked to be traded, or stirred up drama or raped a white whore in colorado, or missed the playoffs ever, or lead a mediocre team 3 seasons in a row.

Agree with conclusion but the reasoning is horseshit ...

Jacob1983
02-16-2010, 02:36 AM
Duncan got the Spurs to the playoffs every year in the 2000s. How many times did the Spurs get out of the first round? How many times did the Spurs get to the WCF and the Finals? When Kobe divorced Shaq, the Lakers missed the playoffs and had a losing record that season. Those things right there would have to put Duncan head of the Kobe in my opinion. Besides, Duncan isn't a show off. Duncan is a humble player. He only cares about winning. He could care less about points, breaking records, winning awards, raping white girls, etc...

Killakobe81
02-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Duncan got the Spurs to the playoffs every year in the 2000s. How many times did the Spurs get out of the first round? How many times did the Spurs get to the WCF and the Finals? When Kobe divorced Shaq, the Lakers missed the playoffs and had a losing record that season. Those things right there would have to put Duncan head of the Kobe in my opinion. Besides, Duncan isn't a show off. Duncan is a humble player. He only cares about winning. He could care less about points, breaking records, winning awards, raping white girls, etc...

Dont worry Jacob the next "whitegirl" he will be "raping" is Dirk in the playoffs ... LOL

JK

but if want to mire the NBA form with trash ... fans of a winless franchise should keep to the positives (your point sabout Duncan) rather than dispariging Kobe ...

TheMACHINE
02-16-2010, 02:04 PM
damn...at the end of the day, no matter if 90% of Spurstalk hate Kobe....57% of the world think he's the best. :lol

Allanon
02-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Not surprising Kobe won by such a wide margin.

He is the most popular basketball player in the world, after all.

Quit Hatin'
02-16-2010, 06:55 PM
whatever man, atleast we know what the team of the decade is and it aint the spurs :toast