PDA

View Full Version : why blair played hard

tothrowed
02-15-2010, 12:20 AM
Greeting from Big D… there has been a lot going on, on a number of fronts, so I thought I'd give you an update before the Big Game… Rocky Start: Despite the worst weather in Dallas history, there have been very few delays or hiccups in the events. Some players missed media availabilities, but overall everything has run as it should. Friday was extremely chaotic, and while the Rookie-Sophomore game was good, there was a general "blah" vibe to the event. DeJuan Blair was clearly "robbed"; Celtics forward Paul Pierce told Blair to call the cops, "Cause you got robbed." While Sacramento rookie Tyreke Evans was outstanding, it's hard to argue that Blair's 23 points and 22 rebounds wasn't a monster effort. To add insult to injury, Blair apparently had a hefty MVP bonus in his Nike shoe deal which he likely won't get even though Evans said

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=15304

Blackjack
02-15-2010, 12:32 AM
Why do I feel dirty now?

jimo2305
02-15-2010, 12:35 AM
lol well.. i dunno.. i mean.. im still glad he showed us all what he got

Fpoonsie
02-15-2010, 12:49 AM
Blair has a shoe deal? Is that par for the course for EVERY 2nd round draft pick's rookie year?

Chieflion
02-15-2010, 12:49 AM
DeJuan Blair the mercenary.

cd98
02-15-2010, 12:50 AM
These type of games are all about being greedy and showoff. Why fault Blair for treating the game as it was intended? Blair would never act that way in a real NBA game. Besides if Blair has that in his contract you can bet every player in that game had the same clause.

Thompson
02-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Dang, that sucks even more for Blair (Nike had an MVP bonus that he won't get now). That might have partly made up for him getting drafted so late and losing money.

How many decades have they been doing the All-Star game for? They still haven't figured out you shouldn't vote for MVP until the game is over? Add to that the debacle that was the dunk contest and you have a pretty sorry event in Dallas (excuse me, Arlington- even though they say 'Dallas').

tothrowed
02-15-2010, 12:52 AM
blair is my fave player on the spurs i just say tjats fucced up he just lost alot of money on stupid voters real talk

jimo2305
02-15-2010, 12:53 AM
hopefully blair wont get all beatup over it and realize he holds a record that can hardly be broken.. it's possible but the last person to get it was elton brand.. who can remember when elton brand was a rookie.. yep..

Juanobili
02-15-2010, 01:00 AM
Going after the rebounding record AND a bonus

sounds like a no brainer to play hard

I would've been more disappointed seeing Blair just being on the court, in the background

NZ Spurs
02-15-2010, 01:12 AM
Why do I feel dirty now?

Can I ask why you have David Tua as your avatar?

Baseline
02-15-2010, 01:17 AM
Any truth to the rumor that Nike suspended production in all their worldwide sweatshops for 15 minutes on Friday night so each employee could cast multiple online votes for Tyreke Evans?

Obstructed_View
02-15-2010, 01:24 AM
If I had a bonus for MVP in my shoe deal I guaranfuckingtee you every friend and relative I had would have received a box the week before the game with several prepaid cell phones with the number to vote for me programmed into the speed dial. Either that or I would have gone ahead and hired an Indian phone room to do the voting.

Blackjack
02-15-2010, 01:28 AM
Can I ask why you have David Tua as your avatar?

I always liked the guy, but when someone asks me about the quintessential gatekeeper, he's the first fighter that comes to mind.

I'm afraid the Spurs are the David Tua of the NBA. . .:depressed

And I felt dirty for clicking on the link, not the notion of Blair having some kind of contract incentive.

koriwhat
02-15-2010, 02:35 AM
alright time to buy some new kicks! hurry up and release these shoes nike!

Behrooz24
02-15-2010, 02:45 AM
How did the MVP get picked again? Was it 100% fan voting or what?

BanditHiro
02-15-2010, 02:50 AM
hopefully blair wont get all beatup over it and realize he holds a record that can hardly be broken.. it's possible but the last person to get it was elton brand.. who can remember when elton brand was a rookie.. yep..

who the hell is Elton Brand lulz?

8FOR!3
02-15-2010, 07:18 AM
How did the MVP get picked again? Was it 100% fan voting or what?

Everything in the NBA is these days. Don't blink or the next thing ya know the two Finals teams will be decided based on fans voting.

EmptyMan
02-15-2010, 10:48 AM
The whole weekend is just a plastic circus. Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

kace
02-15-2010, 11:35 AM
don't know about his story with Nike but i really found it very lame the way Blair seemed so interested in this MVP bullshit award. Bitching in interviews, staying next to evans to share the trophy when you're not even designed by the votes.

The kid is just amazing, good guy, good player and for what it worths, deserved the award. and i can understand him being hungry considering he was ignored by so many teams. still, his acting was a little bit lame IMO about this MVP useless title.

You didn't see manu in 2005 or tim in 2007 doing that BS, even if they deserved to be finals co-MVP these years.

Trimble87
02-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Blair missing out on the bonus is pretty effing lame. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the voters were on site... either Writters/reporters or the fans in stadium. What one article stated was the voting took place with around 5 minutes left in the game. And in the last 5 minutes blair got his last 6 rebounds to give him over 20 and the record. he got robbed for sure, but it seems to me like an honest mistake by voters who didn't have the whole game to base it on.

alchemist
02-15-2010, 12:54 PM
don't know about his story with Nike but i really found it very lame the way Blair seemed so interested in this MVP bullshit award. Bitching in interviews, staying next to evans to share the trophy when you're not even designed by the votes.

The kid is just amazing, good guy, good player and for what it worths, deserved the award. and i can understand him being hungry considering he was ignored by so many teams. still, his acting was a little bit lame IMO about this MVP useless title.

You didn't see manu in 2005 or tim in 2007 doing that BS, even if they deserved to be finals co-MVP these years.
Blair is on borrowed time. He left college knowing that he had to make the jump now to collect a paycheck for his family. These bonus checks don't mean much to 7-8 figure deal guys but they definetly mean something to the Blair's of the NBA world. So while he may not have been PC about the situation its understandable considering Evans will make more this year than Blair in 3.

The lockout will be a nightmare for guys like Blair.

hater
02-15-2010, 12:57 PM

talk about being uptight. It's the rookie allstar game. :rolleyes

live a little

oh, btw, Blair ALWAYS plays hard. We don't need a thread explaining

taps
02-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Everything in the NBA is these days. Don't blink or the next thing ya know the two Finals teams will be decided based on fans voting.

:dizzy looks like we have 10 years of the Lakers vs the Lakers to look forward to.

clubalien
02-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Dang, that sucks even more for Blair (Nike had an MVP bonus that he won't get now). That might have partly made up for him getting drafted so late and losing money.

i think it is sad that blair only played good because of his shoe deal.

Obstructed_View
02-15-2010, 02:45 PM
i think it is sad that blair only played good because of his shoe deal.

So you haven't been watching the Spurs this season? Welcome to the forum.

Blair plays hard every night. He played selfish in a meaningless exhibition game. Big fuckin whoop.

KEDA
02-15-2010, 03:54 PM
alright time to buy some new kicks! hurry up and release these shoes nike!

They are already out, its the Nike Air Max Rise. The colorway isnt available though.

jimo2305
02-15-2010, 03:59 PM
So you haven't been watching the Spurs this season? Welcome to the forum.

Blair plays hard every night. He played selfish in a meaningless exhibition game. Big fuckin whoop.

:lol