PDA

View Full Version : alicia keys dubious singing

spectator
02-15-2010, 01:24 AM
did anyone else notice how alicia keys' voice derailed every 2nd or 3rd attempt at a high note? and while i'm bringing up a topic like this, what is the deal with "now you're in new york" song? it does not work unless you are actually singing in new york.

oh, the irony ... :wakeup

ElNono
02-15-2010, 01:33 AM
did anyone else notice how alicia keys' voice derailed every 2nd or 3rd attempt at a high note? and while i'm bringing up a topic like this, what is the deal with "now you're in new york" song? it does not work unless you are actually singing in new york.

She was singing to Lebron...

spectator
02-15-2010, 01:35 AM
She was singing to Lebron...

:lol

Juanobili
02-15-2010, 01:36 AM
Usher too

Allanon
02-15-2010, 01:36 AM
I was too busy checking out her ass to notice any problems with high pitch inadequacies.

gm5k
02-15-2010, 01:39 AM
she's known for going flat(being just below the correct note) pretty often singing live. I'll take that over lip syncing :toast

ShoogarBear
02-15-2010, 01:52 AM
she's known for going flat(being just below the correct note) pretty often singing live. I'll take that over lip syncing :toast

Yep.

Xylus
02-15-2010, 01:53 AM

What's ironic about it?

Jason R
02-15-2010, 02:14 AM
She changed the lyric to now you're an all star

duhoh
02-15-2010, 02:39 AM
as long as its NOT asian pop music, i'm good.

Behrooz24
02-15-2010, 02:46 AM
I was too busy checking out her ass to notice any problems with high pitch inadequacies.

She had an ass curtain on though http://smiliesftw.com/x/wtcjerkit.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

Allanon
02-15-2010, 02:47 AM
She had an ass curtain on though http://smiliesftw.com/x/wtcjerkit.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

Yeah, that was a real downer...that's probably why people noticed her bad pitch :lol

gm5k
02-15-2010, 02:57 AM
as long as its NOT asian pop music, i'm good.

I love J-Pop :downspin:

spurs10
02-15-2010, 03:02 AM
At least she was actually singing.

Capt Bringdown
02-15-2010, 03:30 AM
Another phony auto-tune princess.

ffadicted
02-15-2010, 06:31 AM
Shakira was more entertaining

:jack

Agloco
02-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Another phony auto-tune princess.

:rolleyes

I suppose the piano is faked as well? Dumbass.

lebomb
02-15-2010, 11:10 AM

BULLSHIT...........I heard her live at the AT&T center and she didnt miss a fuckin note. I would say either her throat was bothering her from singing every single damn night, or she has a sore throat from a cold. Usually she is dead nuts on with her notes. So stop hatin. :toast

Cane
02-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Alicia Keys sounded pretty bad and her singing style is about as repetitive as the peanut-butter-jelly-time song.

She didn't even flaunt her best ASSet since she wore some fugly thing that covered her beautiful ass :)

Singing about NYC in fucking Dallas seemed pompous and stupid; almost like taking a shit on the home crowd. Horrible choice for entertainment in the All Star game, exactly the wrong kind of music for the mood and only lowered people's excitement and energy for the event.

I. Hustle
02-15-2010, 11:47 AM

http://www.sneeko.net/images/gifs1/bender.gif

lebomb
02-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Alicia Keys sounded pretty bad and her singing style is about as repetitive as the peanut-butter-jelly-time song.

She didn't even flaunt her best ASSet since she wore some fugly thing that covered her beautiful ass :)

Singing about NYC in fucking Dallas seemed pompous and stupid; almost like taking a shit on the home crowd. Horrible choice for entertainment in the All Star game, exactly the wrong kind of music for the mood and only lowered people's excitement and energy for the event.

Maybe they should have had the WHO.

Cane
02-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Maybe they should have had the WHO.

At least they got the crowd into it. The most entertaining thing about Alicia was TNT's story of setting up Ernie Johnson to meet her. Horrible choice of music and even worse execution by Miss phat ass.

Bukefal
02-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Usher too

Yeah. The first song at the beginning sounded good, probably syncing, but the rest after that was bad.

tp2021
02-15-2010, 12:28 PM
http://img.moronail.net/img/5/7/1257.jpg

TDomination
02-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Its really hard for me to enjoy a performance when a singer is not on pitch and Alicia Keys had an off night.

Bender
02-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Alicia Off-keys

jb4g
02-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Shakira's ass may have been the highlight of the whole weekend.

lebomb
02-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Its really hard for me to enjoy a performance when a singer is not on pitch and Alicia Keys had an off night.

I never said she wasnt off key with this performance..........but alot of times when singers "sing as hard and loud as Alicia does" night in and night out, it takes its toll on your vocal chords. That being said..........The WHO sucked major ass...........they were entertaining all right. Everyone laughing their asses off at ol dude on the guitar air whirlwind strumming.........missing the strings entirely and his gut floppin out. :lmao

gm5k
02-15-2010, 04:15 PM
BULLSHIT...........I heard her live at the AT&T center and she didnt miss a fuckin note. I would say either her throat was bothering her from singing every single damn night, or she has a sore throat from a cold. Usually she is dead nuts on with her notes. So stop hatin. :toast

not hating, im a big fan...

but it's true, she goes flat a lot in live situations. she's still an amazing singer, no hatin here brotha :toast

im glad you got to see a concert of hers where she rocked it. id love to see her live.

barbacoataco
02-15-2010, 04:18 PM
This has nothing to do with BBall. But yes, Keys is big time overrated as an artist and her voice is often out of tune. Also, her "piano playing" is pretty amateurish for a professional musician. If she didn't look like she does, no one would care.

Not hating, just the truth.

The Who sucked and nearly fell apart several times.

Cane
02-15-2010, 04:19 PM
I never said she wasnt off key with this performance..........but alot of times when singers "sing as hard and loud as Alicia does" night in and night out, it takes its toll on your vocal chords. That being said..........The WHO sucked major ass...........they were entertaining all right. Everyone laughing their asses off at ol dude on the guitar air whirlwind strumming.........missing the strings entirely and his gut floppin out. :lmao

Haha, at least the crowd got into it and sang along with the old geezers. Since Keys had none of that she must've sucked even worse ass and unlike The Who she doesn't have old age as an excuse for her underwhelming performance.

Everyone would be "laughing their asses off" at Alicia's butt curtain and her coarse vocals if she was the superbowl entertainment :lmao

Spurminator
02-15-2010, 04:32 PM
She doesn't have the greatest voice in the world but I'm still a big fan. She's one of the few modern mainstream acts whose talent is their own and not the product of deceptive engineering.

I. Hustle
02-15-2010, 04:37 PM
All that said... I'd still put it in her.

lebomb
02-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Its all good...............music taste is like religion and politics..........everyone has their own tastes. All I know is that I heard her LIVE.........with only her singing with a piano, no other vocals or instruments.......and she made chills run up my spine. :hat

jimo2305
02-15-2010, 05:31 PM

lol quoted for truth! :toast

mexicanjunior
02-15-2010, 05:38 PM
I didn't know any of her songs but she sounded fine to me...

JustinJDW
02-15-2010, 05:46 PM
Alicia Keys and Shakira are hot as hell.

EricB
02-15-2010, 05:49 PM
Alicia keys is not only a very talented musician but a pretty darn good actress too.

DAF86
02-15-2010, 10:08 PM
At least she sang, Shakira lip synched her whole performance. Besides Alicia > Shakira looks wise.

SequSpur
02-15-2010, 10:12 PM
so my shit gets merged and renamed and this lack of effort continues on.....

Nice...

ShoogarBear
02-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Can you sing?

EricB
02-15-2010, 10:35 PM
so my shit gets merged and renamed and this lack of effort continues on.....

Nice...

You call what you post effort?

michaelwcho
02-15-2010, 10:58 PM
She doesn't have the greatest voice in the world but I'm still a big fan. She's one of the few modern mainstream acts whose talent is their own and not the product of deceptive engineering.

Thank you. As a musician myself, I'm glad some people care.

lebomb
02-16-2010, 08:34 AM
Thank you. As a musician myself, I'm glad some people care.

You would be surprised how many people do. I cant stand the lack of talent out there now adays. What happened to people that can actually play an instrument and sing?....... I mean really sing? The proof to me, is if you can sing acappella. Being an entertainer, is NOT the same as being a musician or singer. Props out to you for keeping real artists alive. :toast

Creepn
02-16-2010, 09:50 AM
I cant really tell if a singer is barely missing a note. As long as it doesnt sound like a lame American Idol contestant, I cant really tell. So Alicia sang good to me, I just thought her lyrics were stupid as hell. "WELCOME TO ALL STAAAAAAAAAAAAARR"

SPURSGOAT
02-16-2010, 02:03 PM
I don't care about her singing, I just like her ASS! :hat

http://thegrumpiest.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/alicia_keys_06.jpg
http://kevinhenson.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/alicia_keys_ass.jpg