PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody worried about PJ's meeting with Thomas?

Tom_Foolery
04-30-2005, 12:08 PM
Any chance the team loses a tiny bit focus surrounding the team with this news?

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 12:11 PM
No and no. PJ would have to be nuts (or broke) to walk into that situation.

JsnSA
04-30-2005, 01:17 PM
PJ would not be nuts.

He just needs and opportunity.

If he coaches there...and no players try to choke him...it wont matter so much if the Knicks dont get much better (and they cant get much worse than they are now if he coaches).

His going to the Knicks would show he can coach still....and someone will then take him after that. There has been a stigma against him all these years. It would be foolish of him to turn down this opportunity that might finally be presented to him.

If he doesnt...it may mean being an assistant for the rest of his career...and I doubt that is what he wants.

alamo50
04-30-2005, 01:25 PM
Not worried one bit.

GrandeDavid
04-30-2005, 01:32 PM
Not worried and I hope he gets another opportunity to be a head coach in the NBA. I hope he gets the Knicks job if that's what he really wants.

Now if it were Gregg Popovich, the head coach, having his name swirling amid coaching rumors, that could be potentially disruptive. But not an assistant coach, I don't care who it is.

Besides, these guys are professionals, so nothing mental should distract them when they step on the floor to do their jobs.

RobinsontoDuncan
04-30-2005, 01:32 PM
It's stupid really, he has been a very big part of our success here, but no PJ is a professional and Pop has been expecting his departure for some time now.

ChumpDumper
04-30-2005, 01:34 PM
There seem to be enough vacancies this summer to conclude PJ is gone -- probably after the marquee names Jackson and Saunders are off the borad.

exstatic
04-30-2005, 01:37 PM
No and no. PJ would have to be nuts (or broke) to walk into that situation.

In spite of his coaching record, teams haven't exactly beating down the door to hire him. The injustice of Spree getting a huge contract after choking PJ, and PJ basicly being blackballed by the league has not escaped me. My guess is that he will take the job if offered, and Pop will be pleased that he got one.

Spurs Biggest Fan
04-30-2005, 01:53 PM
How much less do assistants coaches get than head coaches?? Is it quite a lot?

Just curiouis.

exstatic
04-30-2005, 01:58 PM
Head coaches can and do make millions. I would imagine that even an experienced assistant would top out at 100-150K.

timvp
04-30-2005, 02:01 PM
Last time I read about it, the highest paid assistant was Tim Grgrich (sp?) and he made close to a mil.

warri0r
04-30-2005, 02:10 PM
See 2004-2005 New England Patriots

ducks
04-30-2005, 04:39 PM
phil jackson got 8 million a year for head coaching and he was the most expensive coach

zerocool2150
04-30-2005, 04:53 PM
Last time I read about it, the highest paid assistant was Tim Grgrich (sp?) and he made close to a mil.

Hmmm. Are you sure? I remember hearing Del Harris of the Mavs making more than a mil. That would make him the highest paid assistant or at least one of the highest. I would imagine with the way Cuban shells out money he's up on that list somewhere.

ducks
04-30-2005, 04:59 PM
cuban is a idiot if he pays del harris more money then a million

as long as pj does not go to the cavs I am ok if he leaves

james wants nate so I am not worried

pjjrfan
04-30-2005, 05:13 PM
It's the same thing from 03 when we all knew that more than one team wanted to interview coach Brown for a head coaching job, and though he didn't get it, he wound up with Carlise as his No. 1 assistent.

jalbre6
04-30-2005, 05:17 PM
Hmmm. Are you sure? I remember hearing Del Harris of the Mavs making more than a mil. That would make him the highest paid assistant or at least one of the highest. I would imagine with the way Cuban shells out money he's up on that list somewhere.

Del is considered the "assistant head coach" in Dallas and I think he makes more than Avery.

vincerodriguez23
04-30-2005, 05:24 PM
I think PJ should stay right where hes at if he wants to win championships. honestly, i dont think PJ will be very sucessful in New York.

T Park
04-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Pj will go to New York if offered the job because he is from there, and, its the New York Knicks, as much as they stink NOW, that job still holds high regard.

Also he'll make head coach money, pretty damn important for someone with 1 tiny one, and a tiny one on the way.

exstatic
04-30-2005, 07:19 PM
I think PJ should stay right where hes at if he wants to win championships. honestly, i dont think PJ will be very sucessful in New York.

If he ever wants to head coach again in the NBA, he'll take the first job that comes along, shitty Knick gig, or not. He already has a ring as an assistant in 2003. How many does he need before he goes back to being the man in charge?

pooh0406
04-30-2005, 07:34 PM
the cavs are willing to outbit the lakers for him....

vincerodriguez23
04-30-2005, 07:36 PM
If he ever wants to head coach again in the NBA, he'll take the first job that comes along, shitty Knick gig, or not. He already has a ring as an assistant in 2003. How many does he need before he goes back to being the man in charge?

well, it depends whether he wants more rings, or more $$$. thats a question that you should ask him.