PDA

View Full Version : was wasn't Malik Hairston in the DL allstar game?

ivanfromwestwood
02-15-2010, 04:42 PM
was he not eligible?

ChumpDumper
02-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Didn't play enough games.

jimo2305
02-15-2010, 05:09 PM
lol was wasn't?

poop
02-16-2010, 03:56 AM
poor malik. Pop has done a number on his last few years. hopefully the spurs will either decide to use him or to cut him free soon, he deserves a chance to play period.

ChumpDumper
02-16-2010, 04:15 AM
Last few years?

It's been one and a half seasons.

Mel_13
02-16-2010, 04:33 AM
poor malik. Pop has done a number on his last few years. hopefully the spurs will either decide to use him or to cut him free soon, he deserves a chance to play period.

Poor Malik. Second round draft pick with two years of NBA paychecks. Two years of tenure towards an NBA pension. Two years in the Spurs system. Looking forward, he is one of only two wing players under contract with the team for next season. Poor Malik.

HarlemHeat37
02-16-2010, 04:55 AM
I feel the same way as Mel here, as usual..

There's nothing to "feel bad" about for Malik, I don't think he's losing sleep over not playing for the Spurs..his money for this year is guaranteed, he's still really young, he's in a good position in Austin right now..I lobby for him because I feel like he can help the team with 10 MPG or so, but there's nothing to really "feel bad" about in regards to his feelings..

Obstructed_View
02-16-2010, 05:06 AM
I feel the same way as Mel here, as usual..

There's nothing to "feel bad" about for Malik, I don't think he's losing sleep over not playing for the Spurs..his money for this year is guaranteed, he's still really young, he's in a good position in Austin right now..I lobby for him because I feel like he can help the team with 10 MPG or so, but there's nothing to really "feel bad" about in regards to his feelings..

Yeah, I'd like to see him get a shot, but if I'm going to feel the least bit bad for a well-paid basketball player who's spent a lot of time in the Spurs system and deserves a chance to play, I'm throwing my sympathy Ian's way.

HarlemHeat37
02-16-2010, 05:20 AM
Ya, at least with Hairston, there's the hope that he'll be given a real chance next year(it's kind of funny that he got a much better shot last year, and now that he's improved he can't get anywhere near that kind of look)..with Ian, it's just sad since it looks like it's pretty much over..

Chomag
02-16-2010, 10:41 AM
Ya, at least with Hairston, there's the hope that he'll be given a real chance next year(it's kind of funny that he got a much better shot last year, and now that he's improved he can't get anywhere near that kind of look)..with Ian, it's just sad since it looks like it's pretty much over..

Yep, Spurs just have a huge surplus of athletic defencive minded players on the wing like Hairston for him to play.

Spurs have a surplus of athletic shot-blocking bigs like Ian for him to play.

These two should have been on the court for at least the first 10 or so games of the season to see what they could do but Pop seemd to rather have play with his mad scientist line ups then to develop the young players.

Obstructed_View
02-16-2010, 12:52 PM
As is evident by the trade request, he wasn't too concerned with building on last year and developing Mason as the starting shooting guard either.