PDA

View Full Version : Now we know who was to blame in the Shaq - Kobe fued

Koolaid_Man
02-15-2010, 06:24 PM
If it wasn't before it should be clear now. For years and even now the media lets Shaq slide because he can tell a funny joke.

When it comes to guys who emulate Kobe (such as Wade, Lebron, Melo) Kobe is respectful and gives those guys credit for being tremendous talent. The same way Jordan did of Kobe... In fact they all look up to and admire Kobe....

Shaq on the other hand is mired in his ever present jealousy and hatred for any players (big men) that look up to him... Calling Bosh Rupaul, calling Eric Dampier (even though he's a scrub) Ericka Dampier, even cussing out Bill Walton...he rails on against Dwight over a fucking nickname and yet the media would have us believe Kobe was the instigator when they played together. Man I can only imagine how immature and petulant Shaq was in his envy and bitterness of Kobe as teammate. The only reason he settled down with Wade and now with Lebron is because he didn't want the media to turn against him...because then it would have been plain for all to see his true colors

This dude is a fucking hater of the highest order and anyone that falls for his charming deception is a fucking tool if I've ever seen one and Kareem put it best:

“Sometimes I wonder about his maturity,” Kareem Abdul-Jabbar told Yahoo! Sports on Friday. “He doesn’t need to do that. He’s achieved so much.
“I don’t know why he stoops to that.” - Kareem Abdul Jabbar....

I was and still am waiting for Shaq to say some public shit about Kareem...dude has the brain of a 15 yr old...no shitting...

Cry Havoc
02-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Keep drinking that kool aide, man.

Will Hunting
02-15-2010, 06:28 PM
If it wasn't before it should be clear now. For years and even now the media lets Shaq slide because he can tell a funny joke.

When it comes to guys who emulate Kobe (such as Wade, Lebron, Melo) Kobe is respectful and gives those guys credit for being tremendous talent. The same way Jordan did of Kobe... In fact they all look up to and admire Kobe....

Shaq on the other hand is mired in his ever present jealousy and hatred for any players (big men) that look up to him... Calling Bosh Rupaul, calling Eric Dampier (even though he's a scrub) Ericka Dampier, even cussing out Bill Walton...he rails on against Dwight over a fucking nickname and yet the media would have us believe Kobe was the instigator when they played together. Man I can only imagine how immature and petulant Shaq was in his envy and bitterness of Kobe as teammate. The only reason he settled down with Wade and now with Lebron is because he didn't want the media to turn against him...because then it would have been plain for all to see his true colors

This dude is a fucking hater of the highest order and anyone that falls for his charming deception is a fucking tool if I've ever seen one and Kareem put it best:

“Sometimes I wonder about his maturity,” Kareem Abdul-Jabbar told Yahoo! Sports on Friday. “He doesn’t need to do that. He’s achieved so much.

I was and still am waiting for Shaq to say some public shit about Kareem...dude has the brain of a 15 yr old...no shitting...

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r279/chirag_t/Cool_story_bro.jpg

23LeBronJames23
02-15-2010, 06:31 PM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r279/chirag_t/Cool_story_bro.jpg

dammit I was about to say that.

Bukefal
02-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Kobe respectful? :lmao

JamStone
02-15-2010, 06:48 PM
They're both assholes. Shaq just has a more likable public persona because he often has amusing quotables. But, I think people knew for a long time he was an asshole too. Kobe's been an asshole since he entered the league. It's only in recent years that he's mellowed out and there are more people that actually kind of like him. The 2008 Olympics really helped his cause. Before then, players throughout the league didn't like Kobe. They thought he was a major dickhead. A lot probably still do. But, LeBron and Carmelo especially formed a somewhat cordial friendship with Kobe from the Olympics.

But, both Shaq and Kobe were and still are assholes. And, it's both of their faults for their feud and for breaking up that Lakers squad, but Phil Jackson and Dr. Buss share in some blame as well. It's not an either or answer as to who was at fault. It's not a multiple choice: A, B, or C. It's D. All of the above.

Koolaid_Man
02-15-2010, 06:52 PM
They're both assholes. Shaq just has a more likable public persona because he often has amusing quotables. But, I think people knew for a long time he was an asshole too. Kobe's been an asshole since he entered the league. It's only in recent years that he's mellowed out and there are more people that actually kind of like him. The 2008 Olympics really helped his cause. Before then, players throughout the league didn't like Kobe. They thought he was a major dickhead. A lot probably still do. But, LeBron and Carmelo especially formed a somewhat cordial friendship with Kobe from the Olympics.

But, both Shaq and Kobe were and still are assholes. And, it's both of their faults for their feud and for breaking up that Lakers squad, but Phil Jackson and Dr. Buss share in some blame as well. It's not an either or answer as to who was at fault. It's not a multiple choice: A, B, or C. It's D. All of the above.

sorry that's the media spin job...there's no lumping in this story...Kobe has always gotten along with players throughout the league...His problem was only Shaq's fat lazy ass....I have the tapes of players admiration for Kobe so save the fucking distortion attempts...Shaq hates on players league wide plain and simple...I have proof of what I'm saying but you don't case closed...

Shastafarian
02-15-2010, 06:55 PM
sorry that's the media spin job...there's no lumping in this story...Kobe has always gotten along with players throughout the league...His problem was only Shaq's fat lazy ass....I have the tapes of players admiration for Kobe so save the fucking distortion attempts...Shaq hates on players league wide plain and simple...I have proof of what I'm saying but you don't case closed...

:rollin

You have "tapes"? Please, show us this proof.

Goran Dragic
02-15-2010, 06:57 PM
:lmao those tapes are almost as retarded as his medical explanation about how Steve Nash takes steroids.

Koolaid_Man
02-15-2010, 07:14 PM
:rollin

You have "tapes"? Please, show us this proof.

here you go...3 volumes I even threw in a bonus tape.

Volume 1
Lebron Opening with real talk
anoqbgOZrEg

Volume 2
Dwight Sounds Like He's Having A Religious Experience In This Volume
IxYZAgKRtM8

Volume 3
Lebron closing with real talk
PtGJSiMqpWk

Bonus Video:
The secret to success
aSqeWUuQSlM

PGDynasty24
02-15-2010, 07:18 PM

Volume 1
anoqbgOZrEg

Volume 2
IxYZAgKRtM8

Volume 3
PtGJSiMqpWk

Bonus Video:
The secret to success
aSqeWUuQSlM

I'd say that suffices for proof and tapes

Shastafarian
02-15-2010, 07:19 PM

Volume 1
anoqbgOZrEg

Volume 2
IxYZAgKRtM8

Volume 3
PtGJSiMqpWk

Bonus Video:
The secret to success
aSqeWUuQSlM

I watched some of the first video and got the jist. Riddle me this knobslobber, in any of these videos, do any of the players actually say they like Kobe as a person, or that they consider Kobe a friend, etc? I think everyone knows he's a great player. The discussion was about everyone also thinking he's a huge prick, which he is.

NRHector
02-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Wasn't Kobe throwing his teammates under the bus a few years back and crying for a trade?

JamStone
02-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Brian Cook, Chris Childs, Ray Allen, and Raja Bell would also like to make testimonials.

BRHornet45
02-15-2010, 07:27 PM
sons what's new about this?

Shaq hates, Kobe rapes

nothing new. god bless

BRHornet45
02-15-2010, 07:27 PM
sons what's new about this?

Shaq hates, Kobe rapes

nothing new. god bless

mavs>spurs2
02-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Son who's the chick running in place with the tigole bitties bouncing in your sig?

Twisted_Dawg
02-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Fuck Shaq. He is an ass hole. When he started ripping on a total classs guy like David Robinson, Shasquille showed his true jealous insecure fucked up personality. Ask anybody that knew him while he was at Cole HS.

SenorSpur
02-15-2010, 07:52 PM

Right on.

There's probably no other NBA athlete who carried on a multi-year affair with a woman, who was not only another NBA player's (Arenas) girlfriend, but also his wife's best friend (Laura Govan).

http://theybf.com/index.php/2009/11/05/exclusive-is-shaq-cheating-on-shaunieagain/?wpmp_switcher=desktop

This is also the same guy, who also stole a teammate's (Nash) entertainment idea and tried to pass it off as his own, who plagarized rap lyrics from an established group (Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth) and also passed them off as his own.

Now his punk-ass is engaged in a one-sided, jealous feud over a nickname? How kindergarten can you be? Time and again fatness has created imaginary feuds with any player who he feels threatened his superiority, starting with David Robinson. Robinson was a player, who Shaq managed to conjure up some unjustified jealousy of while Shaq was in high school in San Antonio. His jealousy continued to fester against Robinson once he got the the NBA. When asked why he had a beef with Robinson, Shaq claimed that Robinson "dissed him for an autograph while he was in high school" and that the media "paid too much attention to Robinson and wasn't giving me my props." Really? You were in high school, dude. It's the NBA versus Cole High School.

It's always something with this drama king. It sickens me that he always gets a pass from the media becase he's a quote machine and they seem to think he's funny. In actuality. he's a damn buffoon that utters the first stupid comment to enter that pea-brain of his.

There's no question Shaq is an insecure, jealous, hater, with a cartoon mind and a pre-school mentality. He had his hand in the Shaq-Kobe feud. It's very interesting that he pubically made overtures about his desire to return to the Fakers during last year's all-star game. He did all this while publically kissing Kobe's ass during that weekend. Recall that he waxed nostalgic about their days together, while both were accepting the game's MVP award.

Darthkiller
02-15-2010, 07:57 PM

you mean emulating Jordan(who kobe also emulated)

SenorSpur
02-15-2010, 08:16 PM
Kobe let him keep the award. His jersey will never hang in LA.

Are you sure about that? I know Shaq is absolutely obsessed with his legacy and has made statements about them retiring his number in the Staples Center.

Obviously, he left a lot of scorched earth in his wake and dissed the owner. Has Buss buried the hatchet with Shaq?

Allanon
02-15-2010, 08:22 PM
Between Penny, Kobe, Wade and Nash, Shaq hasn't left any place un-scorched.

I think it's more than just coincidence.

SenorSpur
02-15-2010, 08:27 PM
It's not happening. He and Buss don't even speak.

Good. I'm waiting for the day to come when he starts reaping the consequences of his actions.

By the way, how is he thought of by most long-time LA fans?

SenorSpur
02-15-2010, 08:41 PM
It's split, mainly because he did reach out to the community. But he severed the ties of love when he said the owner was cut-throat. No one had it as good as Shaq had it in LA. Laker fans love their stars, obviously, but we love our team much more. Kobe could end it all, and welcome him home to end his career, but he won't, he took too much of the blame when Shaq stormed out of town. Everything you saw between Kobe and Shaq was Kobe reacting to Shaq. James will soon see, just as Wade, Nash and Penny did.

It's going to come to Cleveland too.

What's funny is that when Shaq went to Phoenix, he claimed he was intent on "heading up the Amare Stoudamire project", to make him the best big in the NBA. Obviously, that didn't turn out well either because reportedly Amare isn't keen on the idea of playing with him again in Cleveland. Don't know specifically what happened there.

cobbler
02-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Good. I'm waiting for the day to come when he starts reaping the consequences of his actions.

By the way, how is he thought of by most long-time LA fans?

This long time fan cannot stand him. Of course there were actions with Kobe, Shaw, PJ, and the FO that all of them were participants in. Ultimately, IMO, Kobe took the high road more often than not and basically reacted to Shaqs antics.

Shaq has burned bridges everywhere he has played and all those that couldn't see past the cute little quotes on ESPN I think are seeing it now. His refusal to get sugery in the offseason and saying "I got hurt on company time I'll get healed on company time" pretty much sums up Shaq. Could have gone down as the greatest of all time... and hes not even in the top 5 of centers all time. Pathetic.

If Buss retires his Jersey at Staples, that will be my last year of season tix.

Chieflion
02-15-2010, 09:14 PM
Who gives a shit? Shaq and Kobe got three rings out of this. Just let it go. LOL at even arguing Kobe wasn't a prick.

cobbler
02-15-2010, 09:19 PM
Who gives a shit? Shaq and Kobe got three rings out of this. Just let it go. LOL at even arguing Kobe wasn't a prick.

Funny coming from someone who makes multiple posts about Kobe on a daily basis. I really don't think it would be difficult to pull up posts where you are talking about the Kobe/Shaq days in your daily Kobe obsession. In fact, you couldn't even let this one go even though you are giving others crap with your "who gives a shit"... ohhhh followed by the Kobe jab. Classic!!! :bang

21_Blessings
02-15-2010, 09:23 PM
The Koolaid_man is a truth teller.

Chieflion
02-15-2010, 09:25 PM
Funny coming from someone who makes multiple posts about Kobe on a daily basis. I really don't think it would be difficult to pull up posts where you are talking about the Kobe/Shaq days in your daily Kobe obsession. In fact, you couldn;t even let this one go. You had to come on ad say who gives a shit... ohhhh followed by the Kobe jab. Classic!!! :bang
Find it for me. I said Shaq and Kobe were both at fault. If you think this thread's motive is not to vindicate that the feud was entirely Shaq's fault and that Kobe was faultless, you are just another Kobe fan.

Koolaid_Man
02-15-2010, 09:29 PM
I watched some of the first video and got the jist. Riddle me this knobslobber, in any of these videos, do any of the players actually say they like Kobe as a person, or that they consider Kobe a friend, etc? I think everyone knows he's a great player. The discussion was about everyone also thinking he's a huge prick, which he is.

again you're logic is flawed to the nth degree....let me walk you to the river shall I....Back to what you think the discussion was about...How can everyone also think Kobe's a "huge" prick if they've never played with him. If they hate then it's because of what his game has done to their ego when he visits their cities nothing more nothing less.

Killakobe81
02-15-2010, 11:29 PM

Amen. Agree especially the BOTH are assholes part. My thing is kobe was a dick on the court but off the court gave props to most of the guys that he competed against EXCEPT Ray Allen, Raja Bell, and Ruben Patterson.

On the court many hate the way he talked shit to the Battier's and Bowen's ...but I thought it was all motivational ...much like K.G. Kobe's bark is worse than their bite ...

The Shaq/Kobe feud started with Shaq, Kobe stopped biting his tongue the media threw gas on it and Buss and Phil did little to extinguish it ...

Trainwreck2100
02-15-2010, 11:51 PM
kobe narced on shaq to the cops