PDA

View Full Version : Source: Stoudemire doesn't want to play in Cleveland

Sausage
02-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Stoudemire doesn't want to play in Cleveland

By Bob Finnan
[email protected]

West All-Star Amar'e Stoudemire, of the Phoenix Suns, dunks during the West All-Star team practice on NBA basketball All-Star Weekend Saturday, Feb. 13, 2010, in Dallas. (AP Photo/Tony Gutierrez)

Many around the league are holding their breath until the Amar'e Stoudemire trade to the Cavaliers is announced.

But there could be one major road block.

A source said the five-time All-Star center let it be known that he does not want to come to Cleveland.

The Cavs have reportedly been informed of that news and have gone in another direction.

They had reportedly offered center Zydrunas Ilgauskas, promising young power forward J.J. Hickson and another player to the Suns for Stoudemire.

The source said judging from the changing winds of the NBA, it's not totally out of the question that the Cavs could still make a deal for Stoudemire.

But the 6-foot-10, 249-pound Stoudemire has little desire of joining LeBron James and Shaquille O'Neal on the Cavs, even if it meant bringing home an NBA championship.

One thing that could change Stoudemire's thought process, the source said, would be if the Cavs offered a contract extension. Stoudemire is supposedly seeking a three-year, $60 million extension.

He will earn $16.4 million this season and has a player option on his 2010-11 contract worth $17.7 million.

Reportedly, Stoudemire didn't mesh with O'Neal last year in Phoenix.

The Cavs might be targeting Wizards forward Antawn Jamison or Pacers forward/center Troy Murphy. Both are "stretch 4s" who can shoot from the perimeter and open up the paint for O'Neal and for James to slash to the basket.

Jamison, 33, has almost $28 million on his contract after this season.

The Cavs aren't the only team pursuing the 6-9, 230-pounder, either, as Miami has joined the fray.

Stoudemire's agent, Happy Walters, told ESPN that he hadn't discussed a possible deal with the Cavs as of Monday morning.

Since Stoudemire owns a house in the Miami area, some think he eventually wants to play for the Heat.

Miami and Philadelphia, and possibly a few other teams, are making serious offers to the Suns for Stoudemire. The Suns would love to add 76ers swingman Andre Iguodala, a former college star at the University of Arizona, and still very popular in the state.

Heat owner Micky Arison said he wouldn't part with forward Michael Beasley in any deal. The Heat are trying to entice the Suns with center Jermaine O'Neal's bloated $23 million expiring contract. So far, it hasn't worked.

The Los Angeles Times reported that if the Stoudemire talks break down, the Cavs have a deal in place for Murphy.

Ilgauskas has a 15-percent trade kicker on his $11.5 million expiring contract. The Cavs would have had to add another player in a deal for Stoudemire because the contracts of Ilgauskas and Hickson came up $65,000 short. Someone such as Danny Green or Darnell Jackson would have to be included.

The 7-3 Ilgauskas would have to be paid about $1.7 million if he's traded. It would have to be paid by the team acquiring him, not the Cavs. The Cavs, though, could include cash in the deal.

Stoudemire also has a trade kicker, but since he's already making the league maximum, he's not eligible to receive it.

Some think if the Cavs make the deal, they'd want to sign Stoudemire to a contract extension by the June 30 deadline.

Another option would be to allow him to become a free agent and use him in a sign-and-trade. The Cavs could get a $15 million trade exception in such a deal.

There was also talk of a three-way trade between the Cavs, Sixers and Suns.

TNT analyst Charles Barkley said it would be frightening for the Cavs to add Stoudemire.

"That would be scary to have Amar'e on one wing and LeBron (James) on the other wing," he said. "All these trades are designed to do one thing, and that is to beat the Lakers."

http://www.news-herald.com/articles/2010/02/15/sports/nh2098390.txt

JMarkJohns
02-15-2010, 06:36 PM
OK, Miami... Get it done... Richardson, Wright, Beasley, 2010 1st...

The_Dude
http://www.news-herald.com/articles/2010/02/15/sports/nh2098390.txt

Bob Finnan isn't exactly the best source of Cavs info. Wait for Brian Windhorst to comment - he's deeply involved with the team.

what a dumbass.

picc84
02-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Lebron is great and all, but outside of Detroit, Cleveland is probably the last place any NBA player wants to go. And even Detroit might be more exciting. Driving down the street knowing there's as good a chance of catching a bullet as a green light has to be a bit of a rush.

djohn2oo8
02-15-2010, 06:39 PM
bonafide pussy

Koolaid_Man
02-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Lebron is great and all, but outside of Detroit, Cleveland is probably the last place any NBA player wants to go. And even Detroit might be more exciting. Driving down the street knowing there's as good a chance of catching a bullet as a green light has to be a bit of a rush.

if this is true I would just say that no one wants to play with Lebron...and he's in a lame as city...nothing in CLevland...no pussy no hot clubs, no nothing...shit if I had a choice I'd say fuck Lebron too...(NO PUN INTENDED):lol

Dex
02-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Amare doesn't want to share the post with Shaq again?

Stop the presses, Clark Kent.

JamStone
02-15-2010, 07:01 PM

Detroit isn't the greatest place in the world, but there are NBA players that come here. Maybe not the top players in the league, but there are players that can appreciate the city and Pistons fans. After being released by Denver, Antonio McDyess had several suitors last season but chose to come back to Detroit. Ben Wallace chose to come back after leaving. The Pistons have been able to lure guys like Gordon and Villanueva. Again, not the best players in the league, but there are players who will come and it not just be about money.

I'd think teams and places like Milwaukee and Minnesota and Memphis and Sacramento and New Orleans have more difficult times drawing players. Detroit isn't at the top of the list for free agents, but I don't think it's at the bottom with Cleveland either.

I've lived in Detroit City proper (not the suburbs) for over 20+ years of my life and have never been shot at. I've never had a gun pulled on me. You're probably just trying to crack a joke but I think it's a poor misconception about a city that has had its share of problems like any other city in the country. We're struggling right now. But Detroit has good people. And, it's a shame that a lot of people just want to crack jokes about it.

picc84
02-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Thats true. Ben Gordon and Chuck Villy did sign there of their own free will. Which kind of surprised me. Who's the biggest name to sign in Cleveland? Anthony Parker?

Just goes even further to the point. I can't see any star player actually wanting to play in Cle. Thats why i'm 99% sure Lebron is in New York next year eating at Juniors with A-Rod and Jay-z.

BRHornet45
02-15-2010, 07:12 PM
the mistake by the lake

Sausage
02-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Bob Finnan isn't exactly the best source of Cavs info. Wait for Brian Windhorst to comment - he's deeply involved with the team.

The admin at RealCavsFan forum posted this about Finnan.

There is no need to trash Bob Finnan just because he writes something you dont like.

I know he talks to agents, GMs, other media, etc.

I'm not saying he's the best for Cavs Insider info, but he's no RealGM writer either.

The_Dude
02-15-2010, 07:22 PM
the mistake by the lake

You...
Live...
In...
New...
Orleans...

/end discussion

PGDynasty24
02-15-2010, 07:22 PM
they do call it "the mistake by the lake" bad weather,ugly girls why would any1 want to live there,it's a dreary place

BRHornet45
02-15-2010, 07:23 PM
You...
Live...
In...
New...
Orleans...

/end discussion

dude you live in mini Mexico lol

N.O. is where the party at

The_Dude
02-15-2010, 07:24 PM
The admin at RealCavsFan forum posted this about Finnan.

I'm not saying he's the best for Cavs Insider info, but he's no RealGM writer either.

Dude, a retarded monkey with one arm could be an admin on a message board. Having "admin" under your name doesn't mean you know squat.

Bob Finnan is widely known in Cleveland to regurgitate what Brian Windhorst reports, only 3-5 days later. He's also consistently off with his "sources".

Windhorst broke the Mo Williams trade while laying on a hospital bed with double pneumonia. I'll take that cred.

djohn2oo8
02-15-2010, 07:25 PM
dude you live in mini Mexico lol

N.O. is where the party at

San Antonio is a cool place to be, but son, so is N.O......Thank God for Bourbon street

The_Dude
02-15-2010, 07:26 PM
I told you all yesterday that no way was Amare leaving all that good pussy in Paradise Valley to live in dust town Cleveland. So let's add this up. Ariza, Artest, Bosh, Boozer, and now Amare have all told James to fuck off and suck a cock. So much for being a likable teammate.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff306/hubble2016/haterjames.gif

Ariza - wanted to be the #1 guy (lol)
Artest - wanted to move home and be in LA so he can fit in with all the other nutjobs
Bosh - when did he ever consider going to the Cavs?
Boozer - his crazy ass wife wanted more $.
Amare - TBD

None of these have anything to do with LeBron, fool.

Sausage
02-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Windhorst twitter:

Contrary to reports, sources say Amar'e Stoudemire has not told Cavs he doesn't want to play in Cleveland.

The_Dude
02-15-2010, 07:48 PM
^ Surprise.

DPG21920
02-15-2010, 07:50 PM
He might be worried Bron bolts. He also might be worried he has to play a high level of defense.

The_Dude
02-15-2010, 07:51 PM
http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Source also disputes notion that Stoudemire has any issues with Shaq. So far, Cavs and Stoudemire's reps have had no contact, no dialogue.

Source close to Stoudemire says he's completely open to Cleveland, loves idea of playing with LBJ and has never indicated otherwise to Cavs.

The_Dude
02-15-2010, 07:51 PM
damage control.

No, this is Brian Windhorst/Wojo and other reputable sources saying "Finnan, tell me how my ass taste?"

The_Dude
02-15-2010, 07:54 PM
Breaking News: Finnan's source was Troy Murphy.

ffadicted
02-15-2010, 08:17 PM
3 year $60 million? For Stoudamire? Seriously?

BRHornet45
02-15-2010, 08:23 PM
3 year $60 million? For Stoudamire? Seriously?

son it is ridiculous money, but think about it ... Stoudamire puts up better numbers than Kobe. if Kobe deserves it, Stoudamire does too.

Pistons < Spurs
02-15-2010, 08:23 PM
Amareisreal

I play very well with Shaq. I adverage more pts last year WITH him an played better D.You guys can stop saying we don't play well together.

ducks
02-15-2010, 09:21 PM
I told you all yesterday that no way was Amare leaving all that good pussy in Paradise Valley to live in dust town Cleveland. So let's add this up. Ariza, Artest, Bosh, Boozer, and now Amare have all told James to fuck off and suck a cock. So much for being a likable teammate.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Koolaid_Man
02-15-2010, 10:06 PM

Brilliant....:toast

himat
02-15-2010, 10:10 PM
The best part of that video is that LeBron only starts clapping when D Wade turns around. :lmao

pauls931
02-15-2010, 10:43 PM
He might be worried Bron bolts. He also might be worried he has to play a high level of defense.

I'm going with the LBJ bolting theory, nothing would suck more than going there, then being stuck on a crappy team.

namlook
02-15-2010, 10:50 PM
Not surprised Amare doesn't want to go. There are two cesspool cities to play in: Detroit and Cleveland.

Killakobe81
02-15-2010, 11:23 PM
I dont get why Heat wont give up Beasley and WHY Suns don't want him ...
I think with Nash Beasley takes the leap ...
Saw him at all-star game he is a legit 6-8/6-9 with athleticism ...plus he has range ...

tlongII
02-15-2010, 11:53 PM
All this means is that Cleveland isn't offering Amare that extension he wants. Amare will go where the money is.

j.dizzle
02-16-2010, 12:35 AM
:wow at amare wanting 20 mil a year..That mofo should be damn happy with his 15 or whatever he makes..All hes ever done was get beautiful passes from one of the best PG"s ever & dunk the ball & play no defense..Athletes these days are greedy as hell,no recession in their heads I guess.